• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 3 |OT| Space Jesus Returns (tag all spoilers)

MechaX

Then they are assholes, sir.

Shoot me a friend invite on XBL

GT is bigdaddygamebot

We can tag team some multiplayer.

I'll probably only play enough to boost my EMS to 5000 for ending purposes, but if I decide to stick around later on, I'll definitely send an invite.

I will have to give MP credit, playing with an Adept is pretty fun. Singularity at least complements the massive amounts of Vanguards I have seen so far.

Zeliard

Also, lmao, big Tali spoiler:

When people were saying that
they took a stock photo, I thought they were talking about the likeness. I didn't know that it was literally going to just be a touched-up photograph lol. Bioware couldn't even model her in-game face?

Mattdaddy

Gold Member

they took a stock photo, I thought they were talking about the likeness. I didn't know that it was literally going to just be a touched-up photograph lol. Bioware couldn't even model her in-game face?

Yeah no kidding.
That's gotta be the one of the weirdest, laziest decisions in the game to what could have been a really cool reveal. I thought it had to be fake at first.

hateradio

The Most Dangerous Yes Man
85327.jpg

From escapist magazine just had to post this
There's nothing 2001 about it. I mean if there were a 10-minute light show followed by symbolism, sure. But there isn't.
But I love the Garrus pillow. :D

Ok so yeah did some googling and yes you can bang Chobot, both fem and male sheps can hit it. From the chobot vs. maleshep romance scene on youtube all they do is kiss and then it fades out. I'm hoping that's just because it's youtube. What a waste if all the cut scene is is a kiss. What happened to seeing some ass like ME1

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!

Yeah its kinda weird, they've put so much effort into this game, and they went with the laziest route to
show her face. I know its only people who romance her that get to see it, but even then, they only needed to model a human face with white eyes and some tatoo...

REV 09

Ok so yeah did some googling and yes you can bang Chobot, both fem and male sheps can hit it. From the chobot vs. maleshep romance scene on youtube all they do is kiss and then it fades out. I'm hoping that's just because it's youtube. What a waste if all the cut scene is is a kiss. What happened to seeing some ass like ME1

fox news

I used to think that but have you played The Darkness 2? because in one of the earlier missions you go through a whore house and you see prostitutes bent over and getting rammed by a guy. You can see the guy's ass but no boobs or anything, not that I remember. You also hear the slapping sounds. I was kind of shocked at how explicit it was and was thinking about making a thread on it since 3 other people bought the game. I would've loved to see more passionate and raw sex like that in ME3. Conservatives ruin everything.

Moaradin

The sex scenes with the real love interest characters(Liara, Ashley, etc.) are
more explicit than the ME1 ones.

Trey

Adam Baldwin says otherwise! And Koris is a nice guy.

It's just that of the four or so Quarians we encounter most often, two of them are dickbags.

Kel'Raeger (or however you spell it) too.

Yeah, the Admirals are just stupid. Raan isn't so bad.

REV 09

I used to think that but have you played The Darkness 2? because in one of the earlier missions you go through a whore house and you see prostitutes bent over and getting rammed by a guy. You can see the guy's ass but no boobs or anything, not that I remember. You also hear the slapping sounds. I was kind of shocked at how explicit it was and was thinking about making a thread on it since 3 other people bought the game. I would've loved to see more passionate and raw sex like that in ME3. Conservatives ruin everything.

that seems a little much for a ME game, but ME1 did a good job of it. I watched a few romance scenes from ME3 on Youtube since i won't be romancing everyone and some of them weren't even sex scenes. Hopefully some of the scenes (that i didn't watch) do the themes justice.

Wiggum2007

Question, major mid-game spoilers:
During the Citadel Coup, will I miss out on any cool moments later on if I kill Ashley? I mean, obviously there will be some missing conversations but I'm not in love with her character in this game, I just wouldn't want to miss anything special like that lifepod scene with Liara or a fun squad interaction moment.

Double D

Ok I really feel like a dumbass today. First I discover there is a Journal, now I download this data pad app for my phone and now I realize what's happening with this galactic readiness shit. I kept looking at it in-game and wondering why, after all these missions and people I've helped out, isn't my galactic readiness moving from 50%. So I guess it works like Assassin's Creed where you send your assassin bro's on missions and earn money and XP? Is this just for the iPhone app or is it actually like this in the real game and I've just never figured it out? I'm so completely confused now!

Ok I really feel like a dumbass today. First I discover there is a Journal, now I download this data pad app for my phone and now I realize what's happening with this galactic readiness shit. I kept looking at it in-game and wondering why, after all these missions and people I've helped out, isn't my galactic readiness moving from 50%. So I guess it works like Assassin's Creed where you send your assassin bro's on missions and earn money and XP? Is this just for the iPhone app or is it actually like this in the real game and I've just never figured it out? I'm so completely confused now!

Multiplayer + IOS apps increase it

Dany

Banned
You can still get the 'best' ending without the galaxy at war stuff.

It's neat, it has mail from key characters after I complete key events, the codex is voiced which is cool and a nice way to increase my % when I'm not playing.

Lakitu

st5fu
I already feel like replaying the game and I completed it yesterday. The game is chock full of great moments and character interactions that I just want to experience again.

Double D

I realize you all understand how this worked probably prior to release but I find this all to be super ridiculous and stupid. So what does it even mean then? I thought it the higher the readiness the different the outcome (endings). Is this not the case?

edit:

You can still get the 'best' ending without the galaxy at war stuff.

It's neat, it has mail from key characters after I complete key events, the codex is voiced which is cool and a nice way to increase my % when I'm not playing.

Ok. Well, I am enjoying the app, and yes the mail is pretty neat and being able to read the codex stuff on the go is cool. I just never understood the 'readiness' thing until now. Actually, now that I think about it, I still have no idea what it does but whatever, I'll just play the damn game as I was.

Wait, what? There is no way to increase it just by playing the single player?

Nope you don't need to play the MP that much and it's kind of worked into the story which I thought was nice

I realize you all understand how this worked probably prior to release but I find this all to be super ridiculous and stupid. So what does it even mean then? I thought it the higher the readiness the different the outcome (endings). Is this not the case?

Total Military Assets (Single player) x Readiness level (Multiplayer + IOS) = Effective Assets = Which ending you get

Jhoan

I haven't played ME3 yet despite it being there. I did get back with Liara in my current ME2 run however and I just
sent David to Grissom Academy in Overlord
Should I bother doing Arrival and Firewalker again? I really don't want to slog through Firewalker unless it carries over to ME3 in some way; it's such a boring set of missions.

Patryn

You need 5000+ Effective Strength to the best of my knowledge for the best ending and I'm fairly sure you need some MP for that, I needed 70% Readiness to get to that level

Seriously, let me repeat this: There is no one definitive "best" ending.

I haven't played ME3 yet despite it being there. I did get back with Liara in my current ME2 run however and I just
Should I bother doing Arrival and Firewalker again? I really don't want to slog through Firewalker unless it carries over to ME3 in some way; it's such a boring set of missions.

Firewalker isn't referenced at all, and if you know what happens in Arrival it can safely be skipped.

exYle

Adam Baldwin says otherwise! And Koris is a nice guy.

It's just that of the four or so Quarians we encounter most often, two of them are dickbags.

I didn't like Koris in ME2, he seemed like a pompous prick. I loved Gerrel's accent, and he seemed more down-to-earth. Man, did ME3 ever reverse that for me.

And Kal'Reegar doesn't come back =(. How awesome would it be if in ME2 Tali died, and Reegar took her place as a squadmate?

- J - D -

You can get to 65% Readiness through the ios game ME Infiltrator. Not sure how much the Datapad app will net you, but I'm sure at least 70% can be attained without multiplayer if you have an ios device (and are willing to spend $7 on ME:I).

Lakitu

st5fu

Arrival carries over (
a few lines of dialogue and a character affected by the events
) but not much. Firewalker is completely irrelevant.

rozay

Banned
As far as the ending and galactic readiness, I think to be able to get all the possible options you need 3000k assets (so around 6000-7000 total at 50% readiness) I don't think it's possible at this point to get 5000k assets at 50% readiness without playing multiplayer or using the iOS apps, and if you're considering purchasing infiltrator or the multiplayer just to see that ending, I would strongly advise you to just play normally and watch it on youtube-it's just a 10 second clip added onto the normal endings.

I wouldn't quite call it the "best" ending for reasons I'm not going to explain here, but it will be referred to that by most people and youtube because it takes the most assets to achieve.

bengraven

So I just arrived on
Earth
and I'm doing the final couple missions to finish the game. Gotta admit the last few sequences have been really epic, though I'm a bit nervous about the ending.

I'm also pissed that (Jack spoiler)
I only got to see Jack twice, my romance from ME2, while every other romance showed up multiple times. Saw her once on Grissom, which was a great sequence, then the moment at Purgatory. That's it. I'm assuming I won't see her again.

Zen

Banned
You can always find a pic better than another in different situations, this comparison does not demonstrate your theory.

That fuirst picture isn't about showing the model off in a bad situation it's about showing the sparse polygon count that creates that sharp edge on the cheek, because the model is lower poly than the standard set in ME2.

Go fire up ME2 and make comparisons, you will not find as many awkward and angular shots because the models are higher poly. Kelly Chambers is irrefutably higher poly in ME2 than 3, especially her hair. You can clearly see the poly texture cut in comparing the
illusive man
. This isn't a debate and if you really want me to start posted head to head comparisons between the two I will, because suggesting that this hasn't happened is ludicrous. There's nothing wrong with the poly/texture cut because of what it has helped them to do, but it did happen.

They didn't magically unlock another 256mb of ram on consoles that didn't exist before Mass Effect 3.

So I just arrived on
Earth
and I'm doing the final couple missions to finish the game. Gotta admit the last few sequences have been really epic, though I'm a bit nervous about the ending.

I'm also pissed that (Jack spoiler)
I only got to see Jack twice, my romance from ME2, while every other romance showed up multiple times. Saw her once on Grissom, which was a great sequence, then the moment at Purgatory. That's it. I'm assuming I won't see her again.
You'll speak to her one more time.

cresto

I have already swaped disc's four times within the first few hours of the game. What. The. Fuck. I am so irritated by doing this. Is there anyway to avoid this unbelievable bull shit? I swapped the disc out twice at most in ME2. What the hell?

Other than that and some serious issues with lip syncing (i.e. the mouths are way behind the voices) and sometimes total loss of dialogue once, I've simi-enjoyed this game thus far.

Melchiah

I have already swaped disc's four times within the first few hours of the game. What. The. Fuck. I am so irritated by doing this. Is there anyway to avoid this unbelievable bull shit? I swapped the disc out twice at most in ME2. What the hell?

According to Digital Foundry's article the main missions are on the other disc, and the sidequests on the other. Can't you install the game on the HDD?

Riposte

You'll speak to her one more time.

That part in the final set of missions where you get to contact all your old surviving squadmates you recruited for the war was a real nice touch.

I've noticed people said they capped out at around 53~ with imported characters? I hit 59 and was real close to 60.

Top Bottom