• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 3 |OT| Space Jesus Returns (tag all spoilers)

Is there a way to survive the random 1 hit kills from banshees and the other big dudes?

It's especially annoying at the last missions as a Vanguard.

And the only way to roll as Shepard is the officer uniform.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
I don't like any of FemShep's casual outfits. I went with the cocktail dress since it's the only outfit that doesn't make her look like a lady plummer.

Tess3ract

Banned
It would be awesome if we could raise our EMS without having to have a tablet or smart phone or by playing multiplayer. ha Hell, I'd take a Facebook game...we who rock 5 year old Blackberries, you know...
Or you could use a PC like you're doing right now and simply edit a file to give yourself as much war resources as you want, negating that stupid mechanic entirely.

That part in the final set of missions where you get to contact all your old surviving squadmates you recruited for the war was a real nice touch.

I've noticed people said they capped out at around 53~ with imported characters? I hit 59 and was real close to 60.

Yes, the spoilered was nice, and did give good closure considering how
the end-run was feeling quite dire

My primary Shep was an import that hit 56 at the end from 30. Second ME2 import came in at 24 for my Renegade/Engineer/Insanity run, not so bad so far.

edgefusion

Oh my god I must be doing something severely wrong in the (end game spoilers)
Kai Leng, Illusives mans office
boss fight. I have cranked the difficulty down to its minimum and am still getting my ass handed to me by the worst fucking character in Mass Effect history. What is with this one hit kill he does that sort of looks like a QTE without a button-prompt? Am I supposed to be pressing something here to stop myself getting killed or am I done as soon as this happens? He just runs at me constantly and one hits me, either that or I got slaughtered by bullets so fast I can't even pop a med-kit.

Arghhh I hate this guy so damn much!

Oh my god I must be doing something severely wrong in the (end game spoilers)
Kai Leng, Illusives mans office
boss fight. I have cranked the difficulty down to its minimum and am still getting my ass handed to me by the worst fucking character in Mass Effect history. What is with this one hit kill he does that sort of looks like a QTE without a button-prompt? Am I supposed to be pressing something here to stop myself getting killed or am I done as soon as this happens? He just runs at me constantly and one hits me, either that or I got slaughtered by bullets so fast I can't even pop a med-kit.

Arghhh I hate this guy so damn much!
mash the melee button

Okay thanks. Any tips for the last wave? He brings down the two samurai bitches who are impossible to hit at the best of times and as soon as he's done recharging he nails me in about 3 rapid-fire hits wherever I am in the room.

What class are you playing, and who's your other squadmate?

General tip would be to use the cover far from the windows, and try and suppress him until he's dead, while putting DoTs on the Phantoms so they can't go completely invisible.

Don't worry, it was one of those fights where I died a few times, and then once it was just became really easy.

edgefusion

What class are you playing, and who's your other squadmate?

General tip would be to use the cover far from the windows, and try and suppress him until he's dead, while putting DoTs on the Phantoms so they can't go completely invisible.

Don't worry, it was one of those fights where I died a few times, and then once it was just became really easy.

Thanks man I'll give it a try tomorrow. Probably just tired and getting frustrated too easily!

Replicant

Word of warning: Galactic readiness decreases over time. I didn't realise this until I noticed my 95% went down to 92% then 90%. My guess is it's intentional on the assumption that they got decimated by the Reapers until you can complete the game. But that sucks because it means you need to constantly play the MP for it to stay 100%.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I don't like any of FemShep's casual outfits. I went with the cocktail dress since it's the only outfit that doesn't make her look like a lady plummer.
Dress is the way to go because they didn't write new sitting animations for her. So incredibly awkward to see Shepard just sit with her legs wide open.

Word of warning: Galactic readiness decreases over time. I didn't realise this until I noticed my 95% went down to 92% then 90%. My guess is it's intentional on the assumption that they got decimated by the Reapers until you can complete the game. But that sucks because it means you need to constantly play the MP for it to stay 100%.

Holy fuck that's horrible

Trey

A bronze match every four days isn't that bad.

winstano

Is there a way to save
both the Geth and the Quarians? I fucked up and Tali died. Got a save that goes back an hour or so, but would quite like to have them both.

Also, is it possible to have 2 romances? I rekindled mine with
Miranda
, does that lock out everything else?

Lima

Is there a way to save
both the Geth and the Quarians? I fucked up and Tali died. Got a save that goes back an hour or so, but would quite like to have them both.

Yes and you don't even need the points from previous ME games, although they do help.
Just make sure your reputation is high enough so you can choose the paragon option.

winstano

Yes and you don't even need the points from previous ME games, although they do help.
Just make sure your reputation is high enough so you can choose the paragon option.

Which Paragon option was that? My reputation is almost full (I'd say about 80%, with a tiny tiny tiny bit of Renegade), but I was only given 2 choices after
taking out the Reaper, one was "upload the code" the other was "let the Geth die"

Regarding the last conversation with TIM
Is there some reason I couldn't get the last paragon option? The first 2 I had both renegade and paragon options but the last time both were gray. I have max rep (about 95% paragon btw.)

Salaadin

So what is the point of no return in this?

I just finished Thessia and got "Priority: Horizon" in my journal. Is this it?
Im currently doing some N7 Communication Hub mission but I have nothing else after that. My war readiness is a measly 3272. Im assuming its going to be impossible for me to kick this up over 5000 without multiplayer?

Also, what happened to Miranda? I met her in the apartments but she never contacted me after that.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Is there some reason I couldn't get the last paragon option? The first 2 I had both renegade and paragon options but the last time both were gray. I have max rep (about 95% paragon btw.)
I'm not clear on that either.

Either it's
based on whether or not you convinced him all the way back on Mars.

Or, you need 4000 EMS.

Or it could be something else entirely.

So what is the point of no return in this?

I just finished Thessia and got "Priority: Horizon" in my journal. Is this it?
Im currently doing some N7 Communication Hub mission but I have nothing else after that. My war readiness is a measly 3272. Im assuming its going to be impossible for me to kick this up over 5000 without multiplayer?

Also, what happened to Miranda? I met her in the apartments but she never contacted me after that.

She shows up on Horizon.
And the game will tell you when you are about to activate the end game via Admiral Hackett.

Carbonox

Holy shit I just listened to Blasto 6 for the first time.

YesJackNicholson.gif

hateradio

The Most Dangerous Yes Man
You probably needed a higher paragon/respect score.

My respect bar was maxed with 90% renegade, but could chose them both.

vitaminwateryum

corporate swill

Either it's

Or, you need 4000 EMS.

She shows up on Horizon.
And the game will tell you when you are about to activate the end game via Admiral Hackett.

According to IGN you need 100% paragon / renegade.

Lima

Either it's

Or, you need 4000 EMS.

It is this. Players on PC have found out that the paragon/renegade bar is bugged and the display maxes out at around 455 points when the game itself goes up to 1055. You would have had to be either full paragon or renegade in the first two games and import the save.

But the outcome is the same.
He dies no matter what.

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
Anyone got any tips on what the best Bonus Power would be for a Vanguard on Insanity?

I'm not sure what would work best with the Charge/Nova combination, I'm considering Warp Ammo if only to make what shooting I will have to do a little bit easier.

Top Bottom