• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 3 |OT| Space Jesus Returns (tag all spoilers)

Oh yea, what's up with the Flowers, Candy, Books ect in that store? I was waiting out to get my lover
Tali
but then
the citadel got attacked
and then I could not purchase those!! What are they for exactly?

Dresden

Oh yea, what's up with the Flowers, Candy, Books ect in that store? I was waiting out to get my lover
Tali
but then
the citadel got attacked
and then I could not purchase those!! What are they for exactly?

I had the option to give a book to Ashley when I visited her for the second time, that was about it.

- J - D -

Free Mass Effect 3: Datapad iOS app now live

Receive emails from squadmates, raise your Galaxy at War score

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2012-03-13-free-mass-effect-3-datapad-ios-app-now-live

Thanks for the heads up! The portable codex is useful to me, as I can never sit still very long reading the actual thing in the game. :D

I wonder how high the Galactic Readiness can be raised using this app. Through Mass Effect Infiltrator I've gotten it up to 65%. If this app can boost that a bit, I'd be happy.

The e-mails from squad mates is pretty silly though. The messages are tangentially related to what you've accomplished in the game, but they're truncated.

bigace33

In regards to Miranda:
If I let Miranda down later in the game instead of during the first encounter, does she take it better? I feel so bad when I shoot her down in that first encounter with her. :/

Please answer as vaguely/anti-spoiler as possible.
you don't have to date her or anything, but it might be beneficial to treat her right. That's all I'm going to say as I assume you have yet to complete the game.

.GqueB.

Banned
I like your style friend.
But alas, I think it's only one. I have tried multple different things from multiple saves and as soon you bed someone, they lock on as your primary love interest and everyone else only makes friend talk. Even the little throw away relationship with the News reporter. I was thinking that would be a little side fling like Jack in ME2, where you could still get a primary romance. Not so. If you hook up with her, your other LIs lose their dialogue. And if you already have a love interest when you make a pass at the reporter, then her dialogue changes and she won't offer. Bioware went all monogamous on us. Shame. But if anyone can prove me wrong, I would love them to be right.

WHAT?!???!?! I banged Samantha (or whatever that girl to the right of the galaxy map is named) because I thought it would just be some fling. Now I'm stuck with her? Fuuucckkkk.

WHAT?!???!?! I banged Samantha (or whatever that girl to the right of the galaxy map is named) because I thought it would just be some fling. Now I'm stuck with her? Fuuucckkkk.

She's for femshep only right? She came off as wanting it pretty bad when she came to my cabin.

Edit: I'm a maleshep

aesop

Well, add me to the "ending was dumb" camp. Finished it up last night and was let down by the final outcome. At first I was like "meh" but as I thought about it later, it kinda shits on the entire story. It wasn't as bad as most people say, but it was pretty damn stupid. I'm not gonna boycott Bioware or anything, I just think they could have handled it much better.

.GqueB.

Banned
Just finish the game. Been staying away from all ME3 info so I can fully enjoy the last of the trilogy. Really love the first 20 hours. Thought it was GOTY. It started going downhill when I realized many of characters in previous games don't come along instead they have all these lame excuses. What's more important then the whole universal on the brink of destruction. Being the last of the trilogy, every living past characters should be available as squadmates. And, at the end, I felt like playing "horde mode". Waves and waves of the same enemies. Then, comes the pathetic endings. Way to end a once promising trilogy.

No... n... just no. Thats so overwhelming and pointless. Especially for a bawlah like me who managed to keep everyone alive in the suicide mission. I like the smaller team.

She's for femshep only right? She came off as wanting it pretty bad when she came to my cabin.

Edit: I'm a maleshep

Don't know actually.

dankir

PLayed through the From Ashes DLC without knowing it last night.

Sick backstory provided and the new "asset" you get is awesome.

Does anybody have a capture of Primearc Victus standing in front of a burning Palaven? That entire mission and that scene in particular was fucking sick.

Also
EDI has FUCKING TITTTTTTTTTTTTAAAAAAAAEEEEEEEEEEEES.

Melchiah

I'd really appreciate if someone could answer this question:

If you don't manage to save
Miranda
, will you be able to confront
Illusive Man
? And what are the possible losses regarding the endgame, if you don't have the war assets provided by
Miranda, Kelly and Barla Von
?

I'm asking because of this, as I'm pondering whether I should revert back to older save and do things all over again. =/

- J - D -

PLayed through the From Ashes DLC without knowing it last night.

Sick backstory provided and the new "asset" you get is awesome.

Does anybody have a capture of Primearc Victus standing in front of a burning Palaven? That entire mission and that scene in particular was fucking sick.

Also
EDI has FUCKING TITTTTTTTTTTTTAAAAAAAAEEEEEEEEEEEES.

Here: http://i.minus.com/i1Etd9qwczlr5.bmp

More of my screen caps, if interested (spoilers. caps are taken chronologically with story progression): wonkers.minus.com

Patryn

I'd really appreciate if someone could answer this question:

If you don't manage to save
Miranda
, will you be able to confront
Illusive Man
? And what are the possible losses regarding the endgame, if you don't have the war assets provided by
Miranda, Kelly and Barla Von
?

I'm asking because of this, as I'm pondering whether I should revert back to older save and do things all over again. =/

Yes, and maybe 100 assets together.

Mattdaddy

Gold Member

Romance related
Yeah I invited her up to the cabin but got shot down cause Im male shep and she's only interested in the ladies. So I can't say for sure on that. But I did bang the news reporter chick thinking it was a fling and it cancelled out my romances with Ashley and Miranda. And vice versa, I romanced Miranda and then I couldn't have the fling with the news reporter. As far as I can tell, as soon as you do the deed with someone you are stuck with them. No Jack style down low action in the sub decks, no catty 3 way confrontations.

DarkKyo

Haven't read a single post in this thread because I want to avoid spoilers by all means, including gameplay/setting/etc related.

It certainly has already been asked several times, so sorry for that. But what's your impression of the Citadel? How much bigger is it? Is there much to do, like sidequests, shopping or anything else?
What about additional gimmicks like the ship miniatures, hamster etc. in ME2?
Please stay vague.

There is stuff.

Melchiah

Minor to insignificant. Can be overcome with one Bronze multiplayer match.

Good to know. Maybe I don't have to repeat two days worth of gameplay then. =) It just bothers me, that
Miranda
is ouf of the equation, as she seemed to be quite a crucial character according to Wikia.

What about the loss of the first batch of
Citadel missions
? I got the
relics and whatnot for the different races
, but all the others are now greyed.

Trey

Romance related
Yeah I invited her up to the cabin but got shot down cause Im male shep and she's only interested in the ladies. So I can't say for sure on that. But I did bang the news reporter chick thinking it was a fling and it cancelled out my romances with Ashley and Miranda. And vice versa, I romanced Miranda and then I couldn't have the fling with the news reporter. As far as I can tell, as soon as you do the deed with someone you are stuck with them. No Jack style down low action in the sub decks, no catty 3 way confrontations.

I can confirm this.
The reporter made a pass at me, but nothing came of it because I somehow pulled off romancing Liara while Ashley was my ME1 love interest and Miranda was my ME2 one. I told Ashley "things change" when she asked where we stood but I thought things would come to a head with me romancing Miranda. Bioware said there would be "consequences" if you weren't loyal, but I found none. No confrontations or anything. Miranda's dialogue still seemed to have a romantic edge to them even after I got the Paramour achievement with Liara, but I'm sure nothing will come of it. Ashley is completely platonic now, which is lame. And the reporter has nothing to say, which is also lame. Traynor is strictly for the ladies in my game, didn't know you could even try romancing her. I thought she was going to be another Kelly-type deal. I guess Shepard is monogamous guy/gal when the galaxy is facing extinction. Cortez is a bro, though.

thetechkid

The space hamster in ME3 uses the same assets and animation from ME2. Disappointed.

iITtAI74i2Hpy.gif

DarkKyo

Good god, the Chakram Launcher is awesome. Just got it last night. Are there gonna be better in-game weapons? Could I could see myself using this for a good portion of the game.

Dresden

Good god, the Chakram Launcher is awesome. Just got it last night. Are there gonna be better in-game weapons? Could I could see myself using this for a good portion of the game.

Particle beam rifle melts face and doesn't use ammo, it recharges! It's like you're playing ME1!

The NPCs dominate with that gun though, pinpoint accuracy + perfect AI aim + constant damage is amazing.

Carbonox

Just did the mission where you meet up with
Legion
. Pretty cool mission and setup. How I've missed the guy. Fuck the pricks who nearly blew us up though. Such a dickish race at times.

Romance related

This is wrong
I banged the news reporter chick and still romanced Ashley

Trey

Just did the mission where you meet up with
Legion
. Pretty cool mission and setup. How I've missed the guy. Fuck the pricks who nearly blew us up though. Such a dickish race at times.

Really though. Just imagine how much easier shit would've been if
the Quarians didn't try to stupidly go gung-ho for retaking their planet while the fucking Reapers are attacking. There was no logic in the move; all because two admirals are idiots an entire race almost jeopardized the entire galaxy. Even though their actions led to Geth attaining true intelligence and individuality, it still caused significant losses that could have aided in the final battle.

Zeliard

Really though. Just imagine how much easier shit would've been if
the Quarians didn't try to stupidly go gung-ho for retaking their planet while the fucking Reapers are attacking. There was no logic in the move; all because two admirals are idiots an entire race almost jeopardized the entire galaxy. Even though their actions led to Geth attaining true intelligence and individuality, it still caused significant losses that could have aided in the final battle.

Haha they're assholes. And holy shit, I recently found out that
the Quarian fleet is just destroyed and Tali commits suicide if you pick the wrong option?!

That is insanity, lol. I'm so glad I
picked the Paragon option and basically got the stupid-fuck Quarian fleet leaders to stand down before they got blown to shit.

Dresden

the Quarian fleet is just destroyed and Tali commits suicide if you pick the wrong option?!

picked the Paragon option and basically got the stupid-fuck Quarian fleet leaders to stand down before they got blown to shit.

The best part about the "bad" outcome is
there's a Paragon prompt to save her as she falls, but I don't think it ever goes through. Or at least it never did for me.

I got that the first time and I was kinda shell shocked. Good stuff.

Trey

there's a Paragon prompt to save her as she falls, but I don't think it ever goes through. Or at least it never did for me.

Holy shit. That's epic.

Respect, Bioware.

Quarians really are the most dumbshit race in the game. I have little sympathy for them. Tali just happens to be pretty cool--single-handedly salvages that entire race.

Dresden

Quarians really are the most dumbshit race in the game. I have little sympathy for them. Tali just happens to be pretty cool--single-handedly salvages that entire race.

Adam Baldwin says otherwise! And Koris is a nice guy.

It's just that of the four or so Quarians we encounter most often, two of them are dickbags.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
I'll be doing this mission tonight, what do i need to do to get her to
commit suicide?Side with the Geth or something? Always pick the renegade choices just to piss her off?
I dont really want to do this on my 1st run, but maybe i'll do it on my "Ultimate Asshole Shepard" run later.

Dresden

I'll be doing this mission tonight, what do i need to do to get her to
commit suicide?Side with the Geth or something? Always pick the renegade choices just to piss her off?
I dont really want to do this on my 1st run, but maybe i'll do it on my "Ultimate Asshole Shepard" run later.

It's just
siding with the Geth. You get a second prompt to see if you really want to continue halfway through as Tali begs you to stop. If you fulfilled the conditions this is where you can make both sides happy. Otherwise Tali dies.

Just finished Rannoch, omg what a game. There's no way this gets topped on my GOTY list. The scope of the whole experience is insane, with having all these decisions and squadmates carry over... just try to imagine all the voice over work and complicated Q&A process with the decisions and squad to make sure everything fits together and doesn't break the game.

ANYWAY...

I need an answer and I need it NOW dammit: Can you bang Chobot or not? cause good lord dat ass

The first time she asked for an interview in my cabin she was super flirty at the end of it and hinted that later on we could scissor each other (femshep) but I reloaded the save and chose not to flirt back so she got the message (faithful to Liara..sigh). And now she just got another interview in the cabin with me but no flirting at all. Wondering if I flirted the first time if she'd be naked in my bed right now

Zeliard

Haha that's pretty cool. I also liked Tali
getting drunk afterwards in depression and being all adorable. She has an amusing drunk conversation with a distinctly sober and annoyed Javik.

Lots of fun little touches in this game.

Mattdaddy

Gold Member
This is wrong
I banged the news reporter chick and still romanced Ashley

Hell yeah that is definitely good news. I wonder what you did differently.
In my game, I had both Miranda and Ashley waiting for me on the citadel for a private talk. I had the News reporter wanting to come up and talk about the Geth/Quarians (this is right after Rannoch). If I talked to Ashley before the reporter, then I had the option to tell her that we are together and they talk about it and make out. When I go back to the ship, I call up the reporter, and after the interview she just leaves. But If I reload and talk the reporter before Ashley, the conversation is all the same except at the very end I get a new dialogue option and then she stays the night. Then when I go see Ashely the romance option is removed, she just reminisces about Earth and thats it. She becomes totally passive after that. Same deal with Miranda.

Top Bottom