• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 3 |OT| Space Jesus Returns (tag all spoilers)

GSR

Seriously WTF is up with Kaidan? My gut instinct was to say
no you can't come on the ship after Citadel attack
because he always ends up trying to romance me. Well I changed my mind figuring I might miss some good convos and see him come up as an awesome alliance officer thanks to me. So I let him tag along.

THIS DUDE OMG! I am by no stretch of the imagination a game homophobe but seriously no other romance in this series (I've played all 3 games as my paragon male Shepard) NEVER gives you this many chances at romance does it? I mean I have turned him down what seems like 100 times and yet he still just creeps on me. I feel like a hot girl on FB with all the creepiness I get from him. Why can't he just be okay with our bromance, like Garrus is? I mean the first thing he asked when I put him on the ship "Want to have lunch overlooking the Presidium?" Soon as I saw that I was just like OH GREAT HERE WE GO AGAIN. It makes me feel awkard to turn him down and he always gets so sad about it.

I have beein with Liara the whole time..never cheated or anything. I have turned down a few chicks but they always get the hint. Would Ashley be this persistent if I didn't leave her dumbass with the bomb? Kaidan has moments I'm like U DA MAN KAIDAN ... then he gets all sappy and weird. But I care about him so much regardless.

tl:dr: Kaidan comes on to me too much. I wish he would just be okay with friends.

Hahahahahahah oh man. I heard he went bi in ME3, but I'd hoped it wouldn't be this bad. I guess they figured they had so many female bi characters they needed a male one.

Could've been worse; Garrus could've started hitting on male Shepard. That would've been pretty frustrating.

Also, I think I accidentally triggered part of the Liara romance or something. During the conversation with
Matriarch Aetheya
I renegade interrupted and Shepard said something like, "Nobody messes with my girl!" and the rest of the conversation treated it as though I'd been tapping that ass since ME1. Guess I'll talk to Ashley and see if the game still thinks I'm with her (which is what I'm trying to do.)

Same thing happened to me today man - see my post above. last night i had 385 gamer score, now i have zero.

When you started your game today did i t have a weird warning message?

Nope, no warning message. It just unlocked achievements I already had in multiplayer. Try signing out and in again. If that doesn't bring back the gamerscore, recover/download your profile. Worked for me.

Zeliard

Late-game spoilers:

What happens if you don't take Javik to
Thessia
?

During the part where you're checking out
the Asari artifacts
and Javik is all like
lol that wasn't a goddess you fool, it was us!
What happens there with another character?

I love his sarcasm.
"Don't you notice a similarity?"

lol

TehOh

I'm probably alone in this, but I wish you could have romanced Wrex at some point. Not for some weird fetish reason - I just feel like he's always been a good match for my angry renegade Femshep.

Also, it would make for the most hilariously awkward soundtrack for the sex scene.

"Ohhh.."
"Sheperd."
"Mmm.."
"Sheperd"

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
I'm probably alone in this, but I wish you could have romanced Wrex at some point. Not for some weird fetish reason - I just feel like he's always been a good match for my angry renegade Femshep.

Also, it would make for the most hilariously awkward soundtrack for the sex scene.

"Ohhh.."
"Sheperd."
"Mmm.."
"Sheperd"

Do you have any idea what a krogan could do to a human during sex?

Ask BSN, i bet they do.

Patryn

Late-game spoilers:

What happens if you don't take Javik to
Thessia
?

During the part where you're checking out
the Asari artifacts
and Javik is all like
lol that wasn't a goddess you fool, it was us!
What happens there with another character?

I love his sarcasm.
"Don't you notice a similarity?"

lol

The character will keep bringing up how similar the god looks like to the Protheans, but Liara keeps denying it much more emphatically than she does with Javik.

LuchaShaq

Banned

"Ohhh.."
"Sheperd."
"Mmm.."
"Sheperd"

As much as I love wrex he needs to be banging any krogan female with a tiny chance of fertility basically every day nonstop to try and have a bunch of crazy wrex kids in the future.

Is it possible to pursue multiple relationships at once. I.e, between Talia and Liara. Or by doing so will it just ruin both? Just saying, my Shepherd is a pimp boss like that. Actually, no. It's mostly because I may not have time to replay the single player and I basically wanted to engage in both relationship story lines.

tino

Banned
Man Miranda is such a whiny ass. The Galaxy is going to the shitter and all she care about is her little daddy issue. I am glad i tapped Jack instead of her.

Mattdaddy

Gold Member
Brass tacks gentlemen: How many people can I fuck in this game, in one playthrough?

I require optimal smashing.

I like your style friend.
But alas, I think it's only one. I have tried multple different things from multiple saves and as soon you bed someone, they lock on as your primary love interest and everyone else only makes friend talk. Even the little throw away relationship with the News reporter. I was thinking that would be a little side fling like Jack in ME2, where you could still get a primary romance. Not so. If you hook up with her, your other LIs lose their dialogue. And if you already have a love interest when you make a pass at the reporter, then her dialogue changes and she won't offer. Bioware went all monogamous on us. Shame. But if anyone can prove me wrong, I would love them to be right.

luxarific

Nork unification denier
You mean they move around now? That sounds awfully fucking annoying having to run around the ship and endure the 360's loadtimes between floors just to track people down.

Just check the map before you run around to listen to their comments. It will tell you exactly where they are on the ship.

Bisnic

How long is this Reckoning demo going to be there? I want the armor and weapon it offers, but im too busy playing ME3 right now to waste an hour playing a demo of a game i never heard about before.

And what is the Chakram Launcher? A shotgun?

Lothars

How long is this Reckoning demo going to be there? I want the armor and weapon it offers, but im too busy playing ME3 right now to waste an hour playing a demo of a game i never heard about before.

And what is the Chakram Launcher? A shotgun?
It's a assualt rifle that can charge and shoots explosive rounds, I really like it and have been using it on and off in my playthrough.

Bisnic

It's a assualt rifle that can charge and shoots explosive rounds, I really like it and have been using it on and off in my playthrough.

Oh. Assault rifle? I dont see myself using it much. I mean, i got an Adept(pistol, smg), an Infiltrator(sniper, pistol), a Sentinel(pistol, smg) and a Vanguard (pistol, shotgun).

Seems like assault rifle is only good for soldiers. Unless it changed from ME2 to ME3 and assault rifles are actually good for classes outside of soldiers.

Dresden

Oh. Assault rifle? I dont see myself using it much. I mean, i got an Adept(pistol, smg), an Infiltrator(sniper, pistol), a Sentinel(pistol, smg) and a Vanguard (pistol, shotgun).

Seems like assault rifle is only good for soldiers. Unless it changed from ME2 to ME3 and assault rifles are actually good for classes outside of soldiers.

Adepts can run the vindicator or avenger without losing 200% recharge, so there's that. I like the Avenger, myself. The high tier pistols outpace it later on though.

Ambitious

Haven't read a single post in this thread because I want to avoid spoilers by all means, including gameplay/setting/etc related.

It certainly has already been asked several times, so sorry for that. But what's your impression of the Citadel? How much bigger is it? Is there much to do, like sidequests, shopping or anything else?
What about additional gimmicks like the ship miniatures, hamster etc. in ME2?
Please stay vague.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
I went over to my neighbors apartment and he beat the game on normal while skipping most of the side missions supposedly. He used that to justify playing the game again on Easy with the
Black Widow
Sniper Rifle as a Soldier (again), I was kind of flabbergasted.

JustinBB7

Haven't read a single post in this thread because I want to avoid spoilers by all means, including gameplay/setting/etc related.

It certainly has already been asked several times, so sorry for that. But what's your impression of the Citadel? How much bigger is it? Is there much to do, like sidequests, shopping or anything else?
Please stay vague.

Citadel looks great in 3, feels like home again. And a lot of side missions take place (or at least you deliver them to it) at the citadel. And there are a bunch of stores again yea, I saw a hamster once but couldn't find it anymore later. The ship models are back too.

Bisnic

Please stay vague.

Its bigger than in ME2, a little smaller than ME1(especially with no long and useless corridors connecting each areas), tons of sidequests to get(you pretty much get all of them there) New ship miniatures too, shops for upgrades.

Ambitious

Citadel looks great in 3, feels like home again. And a lot of side missions take place (or at least you deliver them to it) at the citadel. And there are a bunch of stores again yea, I saw a hamster once but couldn't find it anymore later. The ship models are back too.

Sounds nice, thank you.
Hopefully I can start playing it soon, I'm still far from completing ME2 and I can only play on weekends..

Tex117

Banned
Im between Tali and Ashley for the LI.

Anybody play both and like one over the other?

I didn't give Ashley the books in the hospital, but she did invite me to the memorial wall..can I still continue things with Ashley?

Achtius

Im between Tali and Ashley for the LI.

Anybody play both and like one over the other?

I didn't give Ashley the books in the hospital, but she did invite me to the memorial wall..can I still continue things with Ashley?

lol Ashley wanted a book? I gave Kaidan a bottle of whiskey

vitaminwateryum

corporate swill
I just realized that they made Vega look like Freddie Prinze Jr on roids with a faux hawk.

I know he's the VA and all, but I never made the appearance connection.

MechaX

Well... Multiplayer is exactly as I would expect: random connection droppings, people just hanging out in the lobby for like 10 minutes, and random kickings because I'm low level.

The multiplayer isn't bad, but good god, some of these matches are long.

Achtius

Well... Multiplayer is exactly as I would expect: random connection droppings, people just hanging out in the lobby for like 10 minutes, and random kickings because I'm low level.

The multiplayer isn't bad, but good god, some of these matches are long.

this never happened to me ;o

In regards to Miranda:
If I let Miranda down later in the game instead of during the first encounter, does she take it better? I feel so bad when I shoot her down in that first encounter with her. :/

Please answer as vaguely/anti-spoiler as possible.

Top Bottom