• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 3 |OT| Space Jesus Returns (tag all spoilers)

Replicant

He is much better character than Ashley, Kaidan or Jacob.

WAT? No. At least you have some conflict with Ash/Kaidan. Jacob, you may have a point but I still remember him at least have some decent background plot (albeit father-issue related).

The only redeeming thing about Vega is that at least he's funny but he does not stand out in any shape or form. The fact that he's not even a love interest for either Shep makes him even more forgettable.

Zeliard

I would totally sacrifice every quarian for Legion.

I don't think it's possible
to save Legion at all, is it? He sacrifices himself to imbue the Geth with individual personalities. What happens if you pick the Quarians over the Geth?

vitaminwateryum

corporate swill
I don't think it's possible
to save Legion at all, is it? He sacrifices himself to imbue the Geth with individual personalities. What happens if you pick the Quarians over the Geth?

If you pick the Quarians, Legion will try to take you out and you're forced to execute him. So glad I did it on my second playthrough because it's easily the saddest scene in the game.

Zeliard

If you pick the Quarians, Legion will try to take you out and you're forced to execute him. So glad I did it on my second playthrough because it's easily the saddest scene in the game.

What the fuck.

hahaha

I feel bad for people who
basically had the choice between killing Legion and Tali committing suicide (with Legion dying either way).

terithegreat

Neo Member
After seeing all the historical videos from Legion's memory, I don't see how people could not choose to save the Geth, outside of doing whatever it takes to save Tali. Plus, the Quarians totally brought it on themselves by not retreating when given they were supposed to.

Yeah. I really don't like the idea of losing a main character to my own actions or decisions, but I can't see having done anything else there. Particularly after having just completed the previous mission with his memories and the history of the Quarian/Geth backstory. And honestly, I think it would be more upsetting to be responsible for Legion dying for nothing.

I feel bad for people who
basically had the choice between killing Legion and Tali committing suicide (with Legion dying either way).

:(

John Harker

Definitely doesn't make things up as he goes along.
Hm, how much disc swapping is there in this game?

Im still early, like 5 hours, and just doing the first side mission... and I already need to put in disc 2? awkward

Zeliard

I love these fucked up scenarios. Time to youtube.

I just youtubed a couple of those vids to see what happens. Haha wow
and if you pick Quarian over Geth, it's actually Tali who kills Legion. Jeez. Bioware really wanted to screw with people.
People seem pissed at that choice, haha. Is this why people are so upset at the ending or is it something later? Or both?

I'm at
Cerberus HQ
so I'm nearing the end.

rozay

Banned
Vega can't be romanced? I wonder why that decision was made.

and if you pick Quarian over Geth, it's actually Tali who kills Legion. Jeez. Bioware really wanted to screw with people.
People seem pissed at that choice, haha. Is this why people are so upset at the ending or is it something later? Or both?

I'm at
Cerberus HQ
so I'm nearing the end.
Nothing to do with the ending anger.

vitaminwateryum

corporate swill

I'm at
Cerberus HQ
so I'm nearing the end.

Seems like a pretty reasonable reaction
from both sides, considering you're pretty much committing genocide one way or another. The ending is...you'll see. Just make sure you watch the other two endings on youtube or something after you're done.

Such a tease showing Tali taking her helm off.

Seriously. That really would have been the perfect moment to show her face in game.

I'm not reading all your spoilers about the quarian/geth thing, but I'm playing it now and I see where this must be going.

Man, Bioware is making the Quarians look like huge jerks. Had to bust out a renegade punch to the gut to that heavy fleet admiral and boot his ass off my ship and my Shep is like 4/5ths paragon...

Then in what seemed like the angriest paragon choice ever, told off the other one who wanted to take apart Legion for science.

Replicant

Vega can't be romanced? I wonder why that decision was made.

My guess is that it's Bioware's revenge on us since so many of us reacted negatively towards his character design when it was first revealed.

I think it was too late to unveil him in this final game because there's no way the writers can write enough story to lift him to the same level as the other supporting characters. Unlike him, the others already have background story and illustrious past with Shepard and other crew members which make us more attached to them.

My guess is that it's Bioware's revenge on us since so many of us reacted negatively towards his character design when it was first revealed.

I think it was too late to unveil him in this final game because there's no way the writers can write enough story to lift him to the same level as the other supporting characters. Unlike him, the others already have background story and illustrious past with Shepard and other crew members which make us more attached to them.

They said he was designed specifically for new players. So there'd be someone else in the game who didn't know who all of Sheps bros are. Not a bad idea, but not done very well.

Dresden

I'm not reading all your spoilers about the quarian/geth thing, but I'm playing it now and I see where this must be going.

Man, Bioware is making the Quarians look like huge jerks. Had to bust out a renegade punch to the gut to that heavy fleet admiral and boot his ass off my ship and my Shep is like 4/5ths paragon...

Then in what seemed like the angriest paragon choice ever, told off the other one who wanted to take apart Legion for science.

It really doesn't help that most of the Quarians you come in contact with tend to be dicks. Gerrel, Xen, Adam Baldwin . . . well I guess the last isn't that bad.

RedSwirl

Crap. I'm at the end, but I do not at all understand the choices given to me. All three of them flew right over my head.

I destroyed the Collector base at the end of ME2 and have an Effective Military Strength of 3,500. Just tell me what walking in each direction does.

Replicant

their revenge is featuring James in an anime.

I'd watch an anime about Mass Effect alt universe. Like this comic:

gsqyQ.jpg

Man, they could have spaced out these emails a little better.

Before I started this mission I got three emails from people wanting to talk in my cabin.
Now I have five emails from five people wanting to hang out on the citidel...

Replicant

Man, they could have spaced out these emails a little better.

Before I started this mission I got three emails from people wanting to talk in my cabin.
Now I have five emails from five people wanting to hang out on the citidel...

AHAHAHA I got those emails too. It doesn't matter, in fact, it makes things easy so I don't have to go back and forth to Citadel. Just make sure you talk to your intended LI first just to be safe. I pinged my "Paramour" trophy during those talk. Thankfully to my intended LI.

Where's Kaidan nii-san

Buy the DLC and get his part in the comic.

Man, I am normally level-headed about my games, but being a Mass Effect fanboy and reading here and there that the ending sucks is somewhat affecting a bit my enjoyment of 3 so far.. (not that i enjoy it less, but i enjoy with dread, which is not a super pleasant feeling)

I need someone to come to this thread and tell me they enjoyed the ending a lot despite its flaws :)

The other thing which si bothering me is that i played a bit of the multiplayer (in preparation to trying to get a decent galactic readiness), and i am afraid that
every possible single enemy is in the MP, which will somewhat spoil the revelation of phantoms and other weird foes.
not a super big deal, but ..

bengraven

Just finished it a couple hours ago. I liked it a lot...right up until
ghost kid showed up
. Almost cried during the scene right before that, but people know what I'm talking about.

RedSwirl

Just finished it a couple hours ago. I liked it a lot...right up until
ghost kid showed up
. Almost cried during the scene right before that, but people know what I'm talking about.

I have no idea what I'm supposed to do after he shows up. I did't really understand what he was saying at each choice and I'm still sitting there now.

Quick

Banned
So, I was almost finished the Sanctuary mission when my game glitched the fuck out.

I was at the elevator heading up to the tower to rescue Miranda and Oriana. Suddenly, the floor disappears, Garrus and Liara vanished, then then I exited the elevator back to the same area. Then I entered the elevator again, and I suddenly "fell" back to an early part of the facility with all the doors locked, so I can't even just head back to the elevator.

Not that the mission was difficult, or anything, but that shit was just frustrating and I just saved and quit.

Replicant

I need someone to come to this thread and tell me they enjoyed the ending a lot despite its flaws :)

I won't be holding my breath if I were you. I actually went and searched for the ending on Youtube even though I haven't finished my playthrough just so I can prevent the shock of seeing it myself later on.

rozay

Banned
Man, I am normally level-headed about my games, but being a Mass Effect fanboy and reading here and there that the ending sucks is somewhat affecting a bit my enjoyment of 3 so far.. (not that i enjoy it less, but i enjoy with dread, which is not a super pleasant feeling)

The other thing which si bothering me is that i played a bit of the multiplayer (in preparation to trying to get a decent galactic readiness), and i am afraid that
every possible single enemy is in the MP, which will somewhat spoil the revelation of phantoms and other weird foes.
not a super big deal, but ..
I would like to ask that you don't do this and just enjoy the ride for what it's worth. Everything until the last 15 minutes was excellent. No point in dreading the ending if it ruins your enjoyment of some really cool plot points and stages.
I can't reload either to before
the kid started talking
do I can't listen to him again.
Might as well head into the spoiler thread, I don't think it's appropriate to post the ending choices here for people who are tempted by black boxes

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Going to finally finish this, I think. Effective Military Strength of 6,941 and 41 hours logged, LET'S ROCK.

Hm, how much disc swapping is there in this game?

Im still early, like 5 hours, and just doing the first side mission... and I already need to put in disc 2? awkward

I think I switched disks 4 times total. The vast majority of the game is on disk 2, which is odd. You switch at the start for some side missions, but it actually never happens again pretty early on.

Milly79

may have been discussed before, but: bugs?

Hackett is avaible on vidcom, via Traynor, but you can never have a conversation with him aside from a general investigation.

Cortez not being able to be spoken to at the bar, after he tells you to meet him there.

Where is Kaidan on the ship?

I just realized that after 20 hours of play time I haven't found him outside events...

My Kaidan died, but my Ashley was in one of the observation decks, so probably there.

But yeah, thumbsticks, they're your friend for finding lost friends.

jimmy5150

may have been discussed before, but: bugs?

Hackett is avaible on vidcom, via Traynor, but you can never have a conversation with him aside from a general investigation.

Cortez not being able to be spoken to at the bar, after he tells you to meet him there.

I had both of these issues.

The Hackett thing is less of a bug and more of a poorly designed way to talk to him like you would the rest of the crew members after a huge mission. There are some interesting conversations you can have with him if you ask everything.

The Cortez bug was weird though. 2-3 priority missions after he told me to meet him in the bar, he finally popped up on the dancefloor near the bar, even though my map was pointing me to the lower bar area.

Milly79

I had both of these issues.

The Hackett thing is less of a bug and more of a poorly designed way to talk to him like you would the rest of the crew members after a huge mission. There are some interesting conversations you can have with him if you ask everything.

The Cortez bug was weird though. 2-3 priority missions after he told me to meet him in the bar, he finally popped up on the dancefloor near the bar, even though my map was pointing me to the lower bar area.

it is poorly designed.

Cortez is actually standing next to Joker, I believe (at the bar). looks like him, but can't target.

Going to finally finish this, I think. Effective Military Strength of 6,941 and 41 hours logged, LET'S ROCK.

I think I switched disks 4 times total. The vast majority of the game is on disk 2, which is odd. You switch at the start for some side missions, but it actually never happens again pretty early on.

How did you get to 41 hours? I ran out of things to do at 28

What difficulty are you on?

Zen

Banned
Geth related ranting
WTF is this bullshit? My choice is to upload the reaper code to all geth and have them join me, after obliterating the Quarian fleet, or to let the Quarians kill all the geth?

Why not "Hey Quarians, back off, you guys can share the damn planet and we'll upload the code and go kick the reapers ass".

Jesus Bioware you can't just slam this into my face saying CHOOSE RIGHT NOW FOR THE EPICS

Geth related ranting
WTF is this bullshit? My choice is to upload the reaper code to all geth and have them join me, after obliterating the Quarian fleet, or to let the Quarians kill all the geth?

Why not "Hey Quarians, back off, you guys can share the damn planet and we'll upload the code and go kick the reapers ass".

You can get both, based on past decisions with Tali and Legion, including those in ME2

Zen

Banned
You can get both, based on past decisions with Tali and Legion, including those in ME2

what did I do wrong :( Tali seemed anti war and killing the geth, I gave her the data in ME and convinced them both not to fight in ME2, Legion never said anything about once this is over there will be retribution, I defused their argument so that they reached a compromise, and both were loayl. I mean I overwrote the Geth in ME2 but taht's shouldn't have really affected much. I told the general in ME2 to keep working towards peace, cleared Tali's name without bringing up her father AND saved the General that was against the invasion in ME3 by saying that we needed a voice for peace

EDIT:
Haha turns out the forced decision was just a fakeout, and my full range of options came up after Legion protested

Milly79

How did you get to 41 hours? I ran out of things to do at 28

What difficulty are you on?

I'm at 39 and I just finished the
Geth
part... Have idled quite a bit. taking my time with combat, doing all side quests and reading the codex. have already beaten my me2 time. :[

Top Bottom