• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 3 |OT| Space Jesus Returns (tag all spoilers)

what did I do wrong :( Tali seemed anti war and killing the geth, I gave her the data in ME and convinced them both not to fight in ME2, Legion never said anything about once this is over there will be retribution, I defused their argument so that they reached a compromise, and both were loayl. I mean I overwrote the Geth in ME2 but taht's shouldn't have really affected much. I told the general in ME2 to keep working towards peace, cleared Tali's name without bringing up her father AND saved the General that was against the invasion in ME3 by saying that we needed a voice for peace

That I can't answer... I had the same two options you had, but in the spoiler thread and elsewhere its said you can reconcile the geth and quarians.

slight ending spoiler related to above
Reconciling them doesn't matter in the end anyway
which is part of why the ending is horribad.

I'm at 39 and I just finished the
Geth
part... Have idled quite a bit. taking my time with combat, doing all side quests and reading the codex. have already beaten my me2 time. :[

I didn't idle much, but I did run around the Normandy and Citadel more than I needed to, didn't read the codex, 100%ed all the systems, finished every quest in my journal

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
How did you get to 41 hours? I ran out of things to do at 28

What difficulty are you on?

I was on Insanity but dropped it down to Hardcore for this last segment because it's crazy hard. I did all the side missions and went around the normandy after every mission to talk to everyone. My ME2 time was around 40 hours as well IIRC.

I'm at the veeeeery end but had to call it a night as it's almost 5AM, but I'm now at 43 hours. I was in the mid 20s around Tuchanka so I might just be slow or something. I haven't idled much at all.

GlamFM

Banned
I think I´m really gonna wait for Bioware to fix the Hanar quest before I continue - which is a hard thing to do.

I there any word from Bioware when we can expect a patch? Have they even acknowledged the problem yet?

Carcetti

I think I´m really gonna wait for Bioware to fix the Hanar quest before I continue - which is a hard thing to do.

I there any word from Bioware when we can expect a patch? Have they even acknowledged the problem yet?

How is hanar quest bugged? I thought it was originally, but then I realized I was looking for a hackable console in the wrong place...

GlamFM

Banned
How is hanar quest bugged? I thought it was originally, but then I realized I was looking for a hackable console in the wrong place...

You have to compete the quest right away whiteout doing anything else or talking to anybody. If you do the terminals won't be accessible.

At this point I am so invested in the world and characters that I'm probably going to bend over and let EA screw me any way they want when it comes to DLC. :(

Tali might be my biggest videogame crush ever and I'm not even ashamed. She was adorable in the
"living room window goes here"
scene.

At this point I am so invested in the world and characters that I'm probably going to bend over and let EA screw me any way they want when it comes to DLC. :(

Tali might be my biggest videogame crush ever and I'm not even ashamed. She was adorable in the
scene.
INDOCTRINATED TALIMANCER DETECTED

Carbonox

GAT DAYUM RANNOCH.

Awesome bunch of missions on there but that one where you go
toe to toe with a Reaper
was pretty epic. God bless
Legion
as well.

Zeliard

scene.

Did you see the scene with her
drunk-dialing Javik?

That was pretty great.

Kurtofan

Finally finished it after 40 hours, the trilogy is over I feel so fucking SAD :(
Thank you Bioware for the awesome story and gameplay, I can't believe it's over.Three games I'll play over and over and over.

The strongest moment for me was when
Mordin sacrificed himself to cure the genophage, goddamn he was singing and BAM! I fucking cried.

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
Anyone got any tips on what the best Bonus Power would be for a Vanguard on Insanity?

I'm not sure what would work best with the Charge/Nova combination, I'm considering Warp Ammo if only to make what shooting I will have to do a little bit easier.

To quote myself, any ideas guys?

Did you see the scene with her
drunk-dialing Javik?

That was pretty great.

Yeah, those scenes were hilarious.
"Emergency. Injecshion. Port."

She also mails you in the Datapad iOS app when you get to that point in the game,
(exact quote) "hey Shepard im in teh lounge havinga drink, wanna hwlp?"

Anyone got any tips on what the best Bonus Power would be for a Vanguard on Insanity?

I'm not sure what would work best with the Charge/Nova combination, I'm considering Warp Ammo if only to make what shooting I will have to do a little bit easier.

I like the DLC characters Dark Channel it does damage to all the types of shielding and spreads to another target when its previous mark is killed. I tend to get three detonations off it each time I apply it.

Massa

If I play the multiplayer before even loading/creating a campaign would that still help with the galaxy score and what not? Will it affect every single play through of the game under my profile?

Also, are there performance differences between the Blu-ray and PSN versions of the game?

Zeliard

Haha man, I think my favorite part in the game may be taking Javik to
Thessia

It's great. You've got Liara talking about this
goddess of the Asari protecting them in their infancy and giving them various gifts, with Javik repeatedly giving her the actual facts on the matter, and she doesn't get it.

At one point you go to a statue of the goddess' "guide" and he has a Prothean-shaped head, and Javik mocks her for not seeing the resemblance. Then you go to mural where the goddess herself also has a hilariously conspicuous Prothean head, and Javik is like "another one of your myths that somehow looks Prothean."

Javik is literally standing right there and those depictions look exactly like him, and Liara still can't accept the connection even when Javik spells it out for her.

Kurtofan

Haha man, I think my favorite part in the game may be taking Javik to
Thessia

It's great. You've got Liara talking about this
goddess of the Asari protecting them in their infancy and giving them various gifts, with Javik repeatedly giving her the actual facts on the matter, and she doesn't get it.

At one point you go to a statue of the goddess' "guide" and he has a Prothean-shaped head, and Javik mocks her for not seeing the resemblance. Then you go to mural where the goddess herself also has a hilariously conspicuous Prothean head, and Javik is like "another one of your myths that somehow looks Prothean."

Javik is literally standing right there and those depictions look exactly like him, and Liara still can't accept the connection even when Javik spells it out for her.

Oh yes, I was so glad I took him for that mission, holy shit that was great.

Balphon

Reave would be a decent choice, since it can increase your survivability without a corresponding cooldown penalty and you can use it to set up detonations. It's one of Kaiden's bonus powers, though, so you'll need him alive.

Ubersnug

So, anyone else experiencing bugs that prevents them from completing side missions and blocking off access to much needed War assets to help you in the end game?

Currently, my 20 hour save game cant complete:

Aria's Mercenary recruitment mission. I have spoken to the Salarian in the docks who agrees to take over Eclipse, but the mission wont end. Talk to Aria and she still tells me to speak to Bailey, Bailey still tells me to talk to his assistance and his assistant can no longer be interacted with. I have the other 2 merc groups, but the Eclipse mission just refuses to finish.

Also,

I can't seem to do anything with the Hannar diplomat mission. I activated the trace in the Spectre office and then interacted with the first terminal. After that, nothing. I can't seem to interact with any of the other terminals.

Really fucked off at the possibility that I can't complete these missions. Im also fully expecting to encounter other bugs like this as well :/

If they do patch it, then my game had better retroactively complete these missions for me, assuming I haven't completed the game by that point.

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
I like the DLC characters Dark Channel it does damage to all the types of shielding and spreads to another target when its previous mark is killed. I tend to get three detonations off it each time I apply it.

It looks cool, but that cool down looks crazy, I will have to try it out, isn't that expensive to change powers anyway.

Reave would be a decent choice, since it can increase your survivability without a corresponding cooldown penalty and you can use it to set up detonations. It's one of Kaiden's bonus powers, though, so you'll need him alive.

Yea, I didn't habe Kaiden alive in my first run through so his powers are the only ones i'm missing, should be easy to get on this one though.

Dresden

I'd take Warp Ammo, you don't want to mess around with skills that pop a cooldown, which you need for constant charging. Max it out and it's like a 60% boost to damage against hp/barriers/armor, which is amazing. That's before the lift bonuses.

Otherwise, Energy Drain.

Replicant

If I play the multiplayer before even loading/creating a campaign would that still help with the galaxy score and what not? Will it affect every single play through of the game under my profile?

Yes and no. You may want to space out your MP play because if you don't play for a long period of time your Galactic Readiness percentage goes down. This is such a BS! I saw mine went from 95% to 92% to 89% so I raised it to 90% by playing again but today it's down to 87%. FFS, that means I have to keep playing MP if I want to make sure it stays at 100% when I complete the game.

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
So, anyone else experiencing bugs that prevents them from completing side missions and blocking off access to much needed War assets to help you in the end game?

Aria's Mercenary recruitment mission. I have spoken to the Salarian in the docks who agrees to take over Eclipse, but the mission wont end. Talk to Aria and she still tells me to speak to Bailey, Bailey still tells me to talk to his assistance and his assistant can no longer be interacted with. I have the other 2 merc groups, but the Eclipse mission just refuses to finish.

Also,

I can't seem to do anything with the Hannar diplomat mission. I activated the trace in the Spectre office and then interacted with the first terminal. After that, nothing. I can't seem to interact with any of the other terminals.

Really fucked off at the possibility that I can't complete these missions. Im also fully expecting to encounter other bugs like this as well :/

If they do patch it, then my game had better retroactively complete these missions for me, assuming I haven't completed the game by that point.

I had trouble on the first one too,
I finished it the paragon way and it didn't progress any further, I ended up loading a restart mission citadel save and doing it again, it ended up completing it self after I walked off back to the lift and got contacted that it was sorted and completed that mission

As for the second one
just to check, you've looked at the maps and moved into the different areas that have terminals you are suppose to check too?

The journal is useless really, I didn't even know the map was updated with what can be interacted with so walked around for ages checking everything in the embassy, eventually I realised the map would show everything that needed to be done, terrible design in general though

Massa

Yes and no. You may want to space out your MP play because if you don't play for a long period of time your Galactic Readiness percentage goes down. This is such a BS! I saw mine went from 95% to 92% to 89% so I raised it to 90% by playing again but today it's down to 87%. FFS, that means I have to keep playing MP if I want to make sure it stays at 100% when I complete the game.

Alright, thanks. I was asking because I don't have time to really sit down and start the game until Friday but I wouldn't mind trying out the multiplayer in small sittings until then.

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies

Why do you want to end the game with 100%?
Unless you are going for the achievement or are have missed a lot of resources in the SP you don't need to get higher than 5000ems as it otherwise doesn't have an affect.

I only needed it iirc around 80% by the end to have enough for the "best" of the
terrible
endings, lol.

Replicant

Why do you want to end the game with 100%?
Unless you are going for the achievement or are have missed a lot of resources in the SP you don't need to get higher than 5000ems as it otherwise doesn't have an affect.

I only needed it around 80% by the end to have enough for the "best" of the
terrible
endings, lol.

Well, I only got around 3750ems so far and I'm not sure if I'm going to get more. I remember reading someone saying you have to get 5000ems and 100% galactic readiness if you want to get the....LOL...'better' ending. If it's just 80% then that's fantastic but even then, I still have to watch the GR meter in case it slides down beyond 80% if I don't play the MP for a long time.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Turns out I totally missed out on meeting Legion in ME2... Does my memory serve correctly that he was a paid DLC character?

No. He was the Geth you save from the derelict Reaper at the end of ME2. He can be sold to Cerberus, and even if you don't must be manually activated in the AI core before you can speak to him. By that point the game is already pushing you towards the finish, so a lot of players missed out on arguably the most lore important character in that game.

AB12

Also,

For the second one, you need to go to other sections of the citadel. Always press the L3 or R3 buttons to see on the map points of interest.

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
Well, I only got around 3750ems so far and I'm not sure if I'm going to get more. I remember reading someone saying you have to get 5000ems and 100% galactic readiness if you want to get the....LOL...'better' ending. If it's just 80% then that's fantastic but even then, I still have to watch the GR meter in case it slides down beyond 80% if I don't play the MP for a long time.

By the end I had around 6500 possible resources and with my Galactic Readiness around 80% it put me over the 5k needed for the best ending, it should shoot up faster as you get near the end.

I would personally just play the SP till you get up to the point of no return, which they will point out as being the point of no return in the journal and hopefully will have you with enough possible resources, then go and get your Galactic Readiness up through MP till you hit the percentage you will need.

winstano

No. He was the Geth you save from the derelict Reaper at the end of ME2. He can be sold to Cerberus, and even if you don't must be manually activated in the AI core before you can speak to him. By that point the game is already pushing you towards the finish, so a lot of players missed out on arguably the most lore important character in that game.

Ah, that makes sense. I was clearly one of those players. I don't remember that option arising, and recently re-finished ME2 to get the Paragon ending. Wish I'd read up a bit more now :(

GlamFM

Banned

Also,

Don´t know about the first one but the second quest is bugged.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
Anthropocentric bag of dicks.

Didbt she already tell Shepard in ME2 that she was Liara's father? Bioware you goofed.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
There are some crazy hard fights at the end of the game, holy shit.

I also agree that the game should have ended 5 minutes earlier. But ME3 still is easily the best in my eyes, and was a hell of a ride.

I'm pretty sure there's 3. I haven't finished it yet but maybe there are some other little things that show up based on actions/war assets that they're considering part of the ending, like the "200 endings" for Fallout 3 claim.

There's 3 possible choices for endings. Within those 3 choices, slightly different outcomes can occur, making 17.

But really, it's just one ending. You'll see.

Patryn

How do people here like that game?Does it have a similar reception as ME2?Or worse or better?

Everything up to the last 10 minutes is great, far better than ME2.

The last 10 minutes are the worst 10 minutes in the entire series and put a sour taste in your mouth.

Also, for those still freaking out about EMS, let me say this again:

THERE IS NO BEST ENDING.

SERIOUSLY, THERE ISN'T A DEFINITIVE BEST ENDING.

There are just endings, and there is plenty of debate on which is "best."

Haven't hit the dreaded ending yet. I think I just started the game's second act.

So far I've thoroughly enjoyed every story mission, and while the majority of the sidequests are mindless fetch quests I don't really mind that kind of extra content. The central plot seems to play a much greater role in ME3 than it did in the second game, which is nice. I enjoyed ME2's collection of short stories, but it's great that there are a lot more central missions that tie into Shepard's main goal.

While the fetch quests do seem like a step backward it seems to me there are more missions on the ME3's critical path and and a good amount of optional missions that feel pretty well linked to the Shepard's goals.

I think Bioware have done a pretty decent job making it feel like all of the content you complete contributes to the war with the Reapers, which is something I appreciate, even if it is just through a number in the game. It makes sense to me that Shepard and the alliance would have that sort of report of the war effort's resources and their calculated chances of victory. It's a super videogamey mechanic, to be sure, but one that fits, I think.

At this point I think it's a really great game that makes a lot of improvements over ME2. My only major gripe with the game so far is the amount that Shepard talks without me directing the conversation. (Which to be fair is a pretty significant bummer, though not enough to have spoilt the rest of my experience.)

Derrick01

Banned
Just made this, it belongs to this thread!
bioware.jpg

Late to the party on this but you completely missed the point with that. I felt like I needed to echo the other 10 people who said that.

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"
Everything up to the last 10 minutes is great, far better than ME2.

The last 10 minutes are the worst 10 minutes in the entire series and put a sour taste in your mouth.

Also, for those still freaking out about EMS, let me say this again:

THERE IS NO BEST ENDING.

SERIOUSLY, THERE ISN'T A DEFINITIVE BEST ENDING.

There are just endings, and there is plenty of debate on which is "best."

One could argue that the
Destruction ending with Shepard waking up at the very end is the 'complete' ending but I digress. Everyone's just grasping at space straws at this point waiting for Bioware to either resolve their sins or fail miserably.

Patryn

One could argue that the
Destruction ending with Shepard waking up at the very end is the 'complete' ending but I digress. Everyone's just grasping at space straws at this point waiting for Bioware to either resolve their sins or fail miserably.

Operative word is "argue." There's a reason I said definitive.

Top Bottom