• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 3 |OT| Space Jesus Returns (tag all spoilers)

K' Dash

Yesterday this fucking game gave me a fucking scare, first it freezes, I restart the xbox and the the picture freezes again but with a green shit all over the screen, I tought my slim died, but immediately I got the start screen and could play without issues, damn.

By the way, I'm 20 hours in and just (tuchanka spoilers)
cured the Genophage, lol that reaper didn't know what hit him
how far am I?

Patryn

Yesterday this fucking game gave me a fucking scare, first it freezes, I restart the xbox and the the picture freezes again but with a green shit all over the screen, I tought my slim died, but immediately I got the start screen and could play without issues, damn.

Had that happen to me a few times. The screen before the title screen, right?

It's weird.

BigAT

So after playing the first two games on the 360, I've decided I want to play ME3 on my PC. I managed to convert my 360 save from ME2 into a PC save, but when I launch ME3 it doesn't show up as a possible import file. Does anyone know what directory I need to put the save file into so that it shows up as importable?

Zalasta

Hit a bug on the Menae mission. When clearing the camp the 2nd wave did not spawn after killing the first brute, had to restart the battle using the autosave in order to continue.

Honestly, I don't really get why bother to keep the planet scanning if it's so stripped down. It was annoying after a while in ME2, but here it's just pointless busywork.

Patryn

By the way, I'm 20 hours in and just (tuchanka spoilers)
cured the Genophage, lol that reaper didn't know what hit him
how far am I?

Maybe halfway.

GSR

Is there any sort of continuation to the quest with the Volus diplomat and
Zaeed
? I got the Volus to
tell me the name of the colony Cerberus was going to attack and provide his fleet
, and the planet is highlighted on the galaxy map, but I can't actually land or scan there. Is it just setup for a later mission?

Patryn

Yeah, I was already making calculations to buy another Xbox, I never noticed before, my slim is HOT as the 9th circle of hell, but I don't know if this is only with ME os other games too.

I also had one moment where it said the disc was unreadable, which was odd since I installed the game.

Other than that, I had no issues or problems.

Fox Mulder

I'm borderline on getting this game, and I'm sure my question has been asked before. Does the game force the new femshep on your imported character?

Just seems like a dumb redesign and I'd hate to look at it for the whole game after playing the last two.

Moaradin

I'm borderline on getting this game, and I'm sure my question has been asked before. Does the game force the new femshep on your imported character?

Just seems like a dumb redesign and I'd hate to look at it for the whole game after playing the last two.

The custom femsheps you can make are probably the best in the series. Looks a lot better than the default one for sure.

Mattdaddy

Gold Member
Ok that side mission from the
Asari ambassador
was pretty creepy.
The asari monastary for the Ari-Yaki-Shaski monsters or whatever they are. The Morinths. Prettay prettay spooky atmosphere, really liked that mission. Kinda scary. Those banshees.... oh man.

AngryMoth

Urgh, I've found the most annoying bug on the ps3 version. Every time I go from the presidium commons to the dock on the citadel I get a hard lock up during loading. 5/5 times today.

Carbonox

Urgh, I've found the most annoying bug on the ps3 version. Every time I go from the presidium commons to the dock on the citadel I get a hard lock up during loading. 5/5 times today.

Happens to me pretty much every time. I now expect it to so still hold the stick in the direction I'm running. :lol

Patryn

Not in the least. Why would you think that? They never forced the default MaleShep on players.

bengraven

One could argue that the
Destruction ending with Shepard waking up at the very end is the 'complete' ending but I digress. Everyone's just grasping at space straws at this point waiting for Bioware to either resolve their sins or fail miserably.

This is basically the best ending. Choose the Renegade option and have over 6800 EMS (I think?) and you get this one. It's the nicest wrapup
without the metaphysical bullshit.

I love how destroying the reapers, the thing you've been trying to do for 3 games, is the "Renegade" option. When Shep is blasting the machine apart, he's basically venting nerd frustrations: "I don't want your bullshit about synergy or controling reapers, I want them dead for fucks sake".

Patryn

This is basically the best ending. Choose the Renegade option and have over 6800 EMS (I think?) and you get this one. It's the nicest wrapup

I love how destroying the reapers, the thing you've been trying to do for 3 games, is the "Renegade" option. When Shep is blasting the machine apart, he's basically venting nerd frustrations: "I don't want your bullshit about synergy or controling reapers, I want them dead for fucks sake".

Your opinion. That choice has several major drawbacks that I think prevent it being called the best.

But this should be discussed in the Spoiler Thread.

I made a recut of the ending just for that. It's uploading now. I'll put it in the spoiler thread when it's done.

Is there any sort of continuation to the quest with the Volus diplomat and
Zaeed
? I got the Volus to
tell me the name of the colony Cerberus was going to attack and provide his fleet
, and the planet is highlighted on the galaxy map, but I can't actually land or scan there. Is it just setup for a later mission?

It pretty much ends there you can talk to
Zaeed
in the loading bay to get more war assets and that's about it.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Everything up to the last 10 minutes is great, far better than ME2.

The last 10 minutes are the worst 10 minutes in the entire series and put a sour taste in your mouth.

Also, for those still freaking out about EMS, let me say this again:

THERE IS NO BEST ENDING.

SERIOUSLY, THERE ISN'T A DEFINITIVE BEST ENDING.

There are just endings, and there is plenty of debate on which is "best."

The higher the score, the better the ending. That's how games work man!

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Yes, it's for ME3 saves. And no, those two cancel each other out. It has to be one or the other. Both cannot be true/false.
So... wait, when does ME3 actually check the values in your save? If you have
the Grissom mission
already active on your map, but Jack is dead in your import, and then you go edit your save to make Jack alive... what happens?

Finally started my ME3 campaign after playing multiplayer since release. I went back to my ME2 save file and did the respec there, left all points unallocated, and saved. When I imported my character to ME3, I had all 61 skill points to assign.

Pretty awesome, especially since Shockwave seemed to be junk in ME3, and I had a decent number of points in it from ME2.

Patryn

Finally started my ME3 campaign after playing multiplayer since release. I went back to my ME2 save file and did the respec there, left all points unallocated, and saved. When I imported my character to ME3, I had all 61 skill points to assign.

Pretty awesome, especially since Shockwave seemed to be junk in ME3, and I had a decent number of points in it from ME2.

You get a free respec in ME3 soon as you get the Normandy. Just go to the Medbay.

Moaradin

I edited my ME2 save and reset it to level 1. Made it more fun to level up and reassign my points in ME3.

Kurtofan

I couldn't chose that one because
that kid said it would destroy the Geth.Leave my robotic pals alone!

You get a free respec in ME3 soon as you get the Normandy. Just go to the Medbay.

I knew this, but this way I don't have to use the free respect right away. I can wait and use it later on if I want. It only cost me 2,500 Element Zero in my ME2 file, of which I had nearly 40k, so it was no big loss there.

.GqueB.

Banned
These sidequests are so damn meaty. I've been playing for hours and feel like I've done nothing. I just went to
meet the Quarians.
How far along am I?

Curious: Why do people typically respec. Im not sure how far I am into the game bu, because of my import, just about all my powers across all characters are maxed out. Do people respec to rechoose which way to go in the level up tree?

These sidequests are so damn meaty. I've been playing for hours and feel like I've done nothing. I just went to
meet the Quarians.
How far along am I?

Curious: Why do people typically respec. Im not sure how far I am into the game bu, because of my import, just about all my powers across all characters are maxed out. Do people respec to rechoose which way to go in the level up tree?

I do it mostly to mess around. With my vanguard I had points that carried over into ME3 that were spent on shockwave. In ME3 there's no point in having points in it since Charge+Nova is so effective instead I spent them on Cryo Ammo. I also tried out all the new abilities I could that you get from party members for fun. Min/maxing isn't really necessary for this game, but I like doing it anyways I suspect a lot of people respec for that same reason.

Patryn

meet the Quarians.
How far along am I?

Once you get to the higher levels of a power, you have the branches. If you decide that you'd rather have Branch B than Branch A, you have to respec.

Achtius

I wanna confirm something before I start the insanity run, if I were to go the full renegade route, can I do everything that I could do If i did a full paragon runs?

such as (spoiler):
end the geth/quarian war, disperse the genophage cure?, etc?

Lima

That's disappointing. I played both of the first two games with it on and it is one of the defining aspect of the series for me.

Yeah it is so fucking stupid. This was enabled by DEFAULT in the first game and an option in the second and they completely removed it from the third game. It just sucks.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
Disc swap thing is really irritating. A more thoughtful split of assets would have been more ideal.

Also, my 360 copy is crashing constantly. Always during a load sequence. I have been doing some of these sidemissions that are single player versions of the MP survival waves, and half the time when I reload to try the fight again after death, the game crashes at the loading screen. It's happened multiple times and it is driving me insane.

Also, in Shepard's cabin on the Normandy, I can load my armor on-screen pretty quick when selecting different pieces. On the bottom deck where James Vega hangs out, the same armor customization menu loads my armor assets excrutiatingly slow. What is going on?

Achtius

I wanna confirm something before I start the insanity run, if I were to go the full renegade route, can I do everything that I could do If i did a full paragon runs?

such as (spoiler):
end the geth/quarian war, disperse the genophage cure?, etc?

anyone? :(

Ken

Just started playing the campaign.

Did Cerberus really just set up a bomb to stop my tram only to send out a perfectly working one and have it park right next to the damaged tram, and then wonder how I got onto their tram? @_@

Cake Boss

Banned
So I caved in since I just realised I have nothing to play anymore.

Two questions.

Is it longer than ME2?
and
Does it have more RPG elements than ME2?
Also any sick way of getting my PS3 ME 2 save to work on 360?

Patryn

So I caved in since I just realised I have nothing to play anymore.

Two questions.

Is it longer than ME2?
and
Does it have more RPG elements than ME2?
Also any sick way of getting my PS3 ME 2 save to work on 360?

Possibly depending on play style, but probably not. Almost about the same.
Somewhat
Nope

WJD

Just finished the Priority: Rannoch mission
(saved both races)
. How long have I got until the endgame? My green bar is full but still only at 50% readiness.

Cheers!

Patryn

Just finished the Priority: Rannoch mission
(saved both races)
. How long have I got until the endgame? My green bar is full but still only at 50% readiness.

Cheers!

You're maybe
just beyond the 3/4 mark
of the way through. Readiness stays at 50 percent unless you play multiplayer or the iOS game.

Top Bottom