• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 3 |OT| Space Jesus Returns (tag all spoilers)

Feature

Banned
can someone please answer me this question:
do I ever get a krogan in my squad? it seems grunt is nowhere to be seen after fighting those bugs, even though he came back out of the cave all bloodied up. I want one of those badass mofos in my squad instead of that lameass body builder

Grisby

Yo, Rannoch end spoiler question, specifically for people who've finished the game and romanced Tali:
If I manage to get a peace between both does that negatively impact my relationship with her?

Grisby

No, she's glad actually.
Thanks.
there's a couple different points where
Tali shows sympathy for the Geth, and specifically Legion. She won't betray her own people, but killing the geth so the Quarians might live would probably weigh heavily on her conscience.
That's what I figured. I really liked learning background stuff on
the Geth. Like, what their name actually stands for and such.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
can someone please answer me this question:
do I ever get a krogan in my squad? it seems grunt is nowhere to be seen after fighting those bugs, even though he came back out of the cave all bloodied up. I want one of those badass mofos in my squad instead of that lameass body builder
Short answer - Nope.

Patryn

Thanks for that. How much does readiness effect the end?

It only affects how much of your total assets are counted as your EMS. In order to be able to obtain all the endings (and insert standard disclaimer here that THERE IS NO BEST ENDING) you need either 4000 or 5000 EMS, depending on your actions.

Yo, Rannoch end spoiler question, specifically for people who've finished the game and romanced Tali:
If I manage to get a peace between both does that negatively impact my relationship with her?

She is
not only glad you did
but also talks about more specifically
things such as how they inject their software selves into the Quarian suit systems to improve them, quickly build new settlements, more
, with the nice romantic caveat for those who stuck with her as LI through ME2
paraphrase "but only you can get inside the suit"

Zeliard

She is
not only glad you did
but also talks about more specifically
things such as how they inject their software selves into the Quarian suit systems to improve them, quickly build new settlements, more
, with the nice romantic caveat for those who stuck with her as LI through ME2
paraphrase "but only you can get inside the suit"

Heh yeah, that was good stuff.

Question regarding
Rannoch
Mission

Is there any way to prevent Tali from commiting suicide if you allow Legion to upload the Reaper data?

I've got a code for the PS3 version of ME3. It gives N7 warfare gear, defender armour and an assault rifle or something. Since i have no interest in DLCs i would like to share it. If anyone would like it, tell me so.

Zeliard

Question regarding
Rannoch
Mission

Is there any way to prevent Tali from commiting suicide if you allow Legion to upload the Reaper data?

Yeah you
pick the Paragon or Renegade choice to talk some sense into the idiotic Quarian admirals. Then it becomes win-win, with the Geth and Quarians becoming friends and joining your cause. Not everyone gets those options apparently. Depends on stuff you did with Tali and Legion in ME2.

Carbonox

Holy shit at the main story scenes on
Thessia
. I love how I was about to celebrate and then BAM, I'm all "oh shit man, now what? :("

NOW I'M ANGRY.

Jhoan

So I finished Arrival and finally popped it in and went straight to playing the Multiplayer. I got addicted for several hours; it's as good as it was in the demo. The thought of playing one more match so I could level up and get enough credits to buy a pack is well done. I'm currently a level 14 Human Vanguard and I'm using the Mattock rifle.

That said, I did play about two and a half hours of the Single player (I stayed up until 7AM playing which made me miss class). I love how the cut scenes are more cinematic and seamless. And the new Normandy is a lot more spacious than ME2's Normandy; It reminds me of the SR-1 (particularly the Cargo Bay which Cortez says that it's as big as ME1's Normandy; I loved the reference).

The Normandy's interior color palette is definitely more similar to ME1's Normandy with a touch of Cerberus' colors in a couple of rooms. I also got back with Liara because she's pretty cool
the Mars mission was more special since I bagged her in ME1 and reconciled with her in ME2. Poor Kaidan was waiting out in the door way while Shep and Liara had their moment.

I reached
The Citadel; it reminds me of a shopping mall for some odd reason. It was nice to see Dr.Chakwas and Dr. Michel again. I invited Chakwas back to the Normandy just like old times. I also punched a certain reporter in the face for the third time in a row. Chobot's character isn't that bad I think.
And the mission after the beginning
poor Kaidan took a bad beating from that robot; James is a freakin' psychopath but I loved how he just crashed into Cerberus' Kodiak trying to prove how much of a bad ass he is to Shepard.

The scene at the
Hospital
was so sappy. Seeing
Kaidan on the bed and Shepard who's supposed to be a bad ass telling Kaidan to get better was a scene that was stolen straight out of an American soap opera. I reloaded a save before that and decided to leave Kaidan there for now.
And now I'm on
Eden Prime recruiting the Prothean.
I'm absolutely loving the game as a whole. It's so good. I'm thinking about it right now!

I have a question concerning a sidequest:
I overheard a Volus saying that he wants a Prothean artifact that's in the Shrike Abyssal. The only problem is that I can't go there; I assumed that once I heard it, it would pop up on the map.
What do I have to do to unlock that area?

Patryn

I have a question concerning a sidequest:
I overheard a Volus saying that he wants a Prothean artifact that's in the Shrike Abyssal. The only problem is that I can't go there; I assumed that once I heard it, it would pop up on the map.
What do I have to do to unlock that area?

Progress the main storyline. There are several sidequests that you receive before you can go to their areas.

Carbonox

Oh I need to ask - I got a request from an Elcor to go to his homeworld but the mission doesn't appear on the map. Any ideas why? The only other mission was the one I just done on
Thessia
. Maybe I had to do that first? I'll check again in a bit.

Question regarding
Rannoch
Mission

Spoiler guide to getting the best possible outcome for the
Rannoch
mission
. Includes ME 2 & 3 decisions
edit: actually tbh, its not really that spoiliery since it weighs so heavily on ME2 decisions

bengraven

Is there anything you can find that slows down the Reaper response on scanning?

Not that I really care since I beat it last night and will not pick it up again for another few months, but I'll want to know then!

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
So uhh, I'm kind of at a standstill as to what I should do about the Hanar Diplomat bug. What do you guys think?
-Do I wait around for a patch to fix the Hanar mission?
-Do I just plough through the game so I can see for myself how bad the ending is?

How long do Bioware usually take for patches? I played ME1 for the first time early 2010, and ME2 about 1-2 months after its release (and never bothered with Dragon Age at all). This is the first ME I bought on launch day.

I have my share of complaints with the game but as of now, the game is a lot better than I was expecting. I just don't like:
-JAMES VEGA, WTF this game takes place in outerspace in the 22nd century, not Neptunes on Long Island in 2007.
-BUGGED QUEST!
-Having your armor equip/weapon equip/battle readiness chart/terminal be spread out all over the Normandy. Why can't I access these all from one place, or from the main menu?
-Journal is terrible in this game. You want to see a good Journal, play the Witcher games. They are easily filter-able and track down every fart you take during a mission.
-Don't like the way you get quests by snooping in on conversations... you should at least have to trigger them by talking to the NPCs first. I have some quests that I just got, where I could barely hear what the hell I'm supposed to do... why does this Salarian need this heater item?
-Scanning and galaxy traversal feels real superfluous, along with micromanaging fuel. I prefer the ME1 method of selecting planets instead of flying the ship around and having to worry about micromanaging fuel.
-Why do I only have a map in the Citadel and Normandy, and not on missions?

What I do like:
-Environments are a bit more detailed and much better designed than 2.
-Game control feels a bit smoother than 2.
-Missions and sidequests have a good deal more variety than 2.
-Brought back some great ME1 music.
-Lots of fanservice for people who played 1 and 2.
-Getting into a fistfight with JAMES VEGA and kicking his roided Guido ass.

I think I´m really gonna wait for Bioware to fix the Hanar quest before I continue - which is a hard thing to do.

I there any word from Bioware when we can expect a patch? Have they even acknowledged the problem yet?

Yup, me and you both... luckily I have Graces F to play in the meanwhile... Supposedly lots of people on Twitter and the Bioware forums have pestered them and "a fix is coming". Bloodwake and I have also posted on the ME facebook page about it. But who knows how long that will take...

Yeah you
pick the Paragon or Renegade choice to talk some sense into the idiotic Quarian admirals. Then it becomes win-win, with the Geth and Quarians becoming friends and joining your cause. Not everyone gets those options apparently. Depends on stuff you did with Tali and Legion in ME2.

Rannoch
mission
edit: actually tbh, its not really that spoiliery since it weighs so heavily on ME2 decisions

During the Rannoch Mission there are two missions in the planet if I remember correctly. One was destroying the server and one was rescuing the Quib Quib Admiral? I picked the first one

And unfortunately, Tali fell off a cliff on my playthrough

Dilly

Banned
So uhh, I'm kind of at a standstill as to what I should do about the Hanar Diplomat bug. What do you guys think?
-Do I wait around for a patch to fix the Hanar mission?
-Do I just plough through the game so I can see for myself how bad the ending is?

What does it matter? It's an insignificant mission anyway, I don't think it'll get patched.

I just searched on the internet for the terminal locations and went to them ignoring the markers and it progressed like it normally would.

During the Rannoch Mission there are two missions in the planet if I remember correctly. One was destroying the server and one was rescuing the Quib Quib Admiral? I picked the first one

And unfortunately, Tali fell off a cliff on my playthrough

You can actually do both. (I did the admiral first, but you need to convince him to come back with you) and each are worth 1 point. What this really hinges are whether you rewrote the heretics, Tali getting banished and whether you resolved the conflict between Tali & Legion in ME2. As long as you have at least 5 points, using the paragon/renegade options you can broker peace

So I just completed the From Ashes DLC. (no specific spoilers, just me gloating on how awesome it is and the character you get and how dumb Bioware is for not putting it in the game)

Holy shit, the perspective of this character, and his significance to the entire ME story arch plus the back story and insight he gives and he's part of a DLC?!

Bioware gone and fucked up. Shit should have been part of the game. From Ashes DLC was probably the most insightful look into some of the back story of Mass Effect trilogy than all of Mess Effect's 2 entire story of collector's x cerberus herp a derp.

QUESTION:

I imported my ME2 Shepherd into ME3. If ME3 uses an updated graphics engine, wouldn't then there be a visual discrepancy in the visual quality of my imported characters face when compared to the faces of other characters in ME3?

djtiesto

What does it matter? It's an insignificant mission anyway, I don't think it'll get patched.

I just searched on the internet for the terminal locations and went to them ignoring the markers and it progressed like it normally would.

I'm a completionist in games and I prefer my games to be bug-free as well.

hateradio

The Most Dangerous Yes Man
Wait I just started the game, I didnt see no option on customizing my looks like I did in the demo. Have I missed it or is it later on in the game like it was in ME2?
You probably missed it. There's a clear option to change the character's appearance.

djtiesto

So am I, that's why I did it the way I described.

Well, I couldn't find the second terminal so went off to the Normandy to do other missions, and advance the story a tad (I don't do every single quest right away but eventually get to them)... then I found out as soon as you leave the Citadel it's bugged. I did not realize this at the time and didn't want to lose 4+ hours of progress.

Dilly

Banned
Well, I couldn't find the second terminal so went off to the Normandy to do other missions, and advance the story a tad (I don't do every single quest right away but eventually get to them)... then I found out as soon as you leave the Citadel it's bugged. I did not realize this at the time and didn't want to lose 4+ hours of progress.

What happens now if you go to the second terminal even when the first one is still marked but already activated?

Yeah, sidequests suck, and the journal is useless.

I'm a completionist, and I missed a sidequest because I didn't know that the item I found resolved it (thanks useless journal). And the fact that once I finished other missions on the same planet in which it was found it was unresolvable.

Lesson learned- do side missions first, and as soon as you find something make a trip back to the Citadel. Open up your map on each level, and if you have fulfilled the sidequest requirements the person's name will show up in blue.

I'll fix this on my next playthrough as a different class on Insanity. I should have saved my Infiltrator for insanity though, because it is basically a free win button in this game, at least on normal up through hardcore difficulties.

MNC

I'm loving the game so far, it doesn't beat ME1 (probably nostalgia talking but the story in 1 was sogood.avi) and there are some things in this game I'm genuinely interested in how it works if you made a different decision (ie. rachni)

also, as for some recurring squadmates, do they just replace them with generics of their species if they're dead?

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
also, as for some recurring squadmates, do they just replace them with generics of their species if they're dead?

Yeah, I've seen palette swaps of two of the three characters I lost at the end of ME2. I think a few might not appear altogether, but I can't say that for certain. Everything plays out the same as it would with the 'real' character, but obviously the dialogue is different. The replacement characters have a little bit of backstory and personality, but some key moments lose their impact by having some random dude in place of a returning character.

Rannoch
mission

Right, so I had to redo the
Rannoch Mission

I manage to prevent Tali from killing herself, Legion pointing a gun at Shepard and at the same time uniting both Quarian and Geth. Rescuing the Quib Quib Admiral was my first priority then, exploring the Geth mind quest (whatever that quests name was) and lastly destroying the Reaper. Success!!

As of my ME2 decisions, I chose paragon options.

Dany

Banned
OK! Finally have time to play this game! Havn't touched it after doing Thessia on Saturday, hopefully I can finish it tonight.

OK, quick romance question. I went with Liara in ME1 and Miranda in 2. And right now, I'm hesitating.

(kind of early spoilers)

I told Liara she was back in my life after Mars. But I've just met Miranda on the Citadel and if I don't tell her I want her back, it looks like I'll miss a sidequest about her sister.
Is there any way to have it both ways? i.e. romance Liara but still do Miranda's quest?

Top Bottom