• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 3 |OT| Space Jesus Returns (tag all spoilers)

After everything
Shepard (you) have done for around 60 to 100 hours, you want that? I'm pretty sure that's why everybody hates the current ending lol.
Yeah, I think I honestly would.

Actual (light) spoilers this time-
I think it would be one of those endings that I would initially hate/be confused by, but as time passed I would like it. There are just so many things happening in the game that are forcing it towards the "we're all gonna make it!" ending I'm sure is coming that it's making me not want everything to work out, haha. I mean, seriously, how in the world did they manage to construct the deus ex machina that fast the first time they show it? I know, they have tons of people from all over working on it, but only like two or three days could have passed at that point. I was leaving it up to "well, it's game time. I'm sure tons of stuff could have happened in that space that I, the player, just don't see." However, everything that happened from what I played today leads me to believe that, no, everything is basically happening in real time unless stated otherwise.

It's sort of looking like this is going to play out much like the Matrix did or something, and I wouldn't mind not having the ending with the rainbow in the park.

Achtius

That was indeed amazing,
specially with Liara, I personally wish Miranda was actually there with me (since she was my LI), but still the Liara scene was amazing.

And..again.. this is why I kinda hate the ending even more, they set it up so perfectly, just those last damn 5 minutes..

you can call her, so in a way she was 'there'

So I just found an Elcor on the citadel who I actually had to talk to to get a side mission, and one that I think is a real side mission.

Pretty much everything I have done to this point has been an eavesdrop mission.

Is this a one off, or have I been missing these throughout the game?
If so, anybody know where else I can pick one up?

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Final mission spoilers:
speaking to each crew member for the last time was incredible and, for me, very moving. Knowing that this was it. Three games worth of growth and time spent with virtual friends, all coming down to this moment. "Give them hell. You were born to do this."

Yeah, wonderfully executed section.

- J - D -

So I just found an Elcor on the citadel who I actually had to talk to to get a side mission, and one that I think is a real side mission.

I'm only about 18 hours into the game, but I distinctly remember having talked to a Salarian documentary film maker. He gives you a brief side quest. There's the C-Sec lady in the Presidium Commons after the second Citadel Priority mission too.

Final mission spoilers:
speaking to each crew member for the last time was incredible and, for me, very moving. Knowing that this was it. Three games worth of growth and time spent with virtual friends, all coming down to this moment. "Give them hell. You were born to do this."

That was my favorite part of the game. Final mission spoilers
The sense of finality, desperation, and hope just drove the point home. It wasn't just the end of the game for me; it was the end of their story. And then it all goes downhill from there

Okay, right, I remember those. But I think they actually have dialogue that cues you in. I just happened to notice this guy standing all eeyore in the embassy and then a red circle popped up. He was either just added or I have run by him like 10 times without noticing.

edit: Bleh, not a real mission. I had already gotten the assets, just missed the mission because he isn't having a conversation. Just had to talk to him again to complete.

Einbroch

Banned
Game is so fucking janky. Don't know how many times I've been jamming biotic charge on an enemy in the open and it just won't go off, so I die.

Game is so fucking janky. Don't know how many times I've been jamming biotic charge on an enemy in the open and it just won't go off, so I die.
Really? I haven't had that happen to me before. I've only had issue when people are in cover, but I've not had a problem with anyone in the open. Is it when they have the smoke in front of them, perhaps?

Einbroch

Banned
Really? I haven't had that happen to me before. I've only had issue when people are in cover, but I've not had a problem with anyone in the open. Is it when they have the smoke in front of them, perhaps?

No no, they're in the open, targeted and everything. Sometimes they're like only two feet away. It just doesn't go off.

Dany

Banned
I liked the ending. I don't know why people are up in arms...

OK, sure I guess I can figure out why but eh, I liked it, kinda a whole lot. Credits rolling now,

This game is really great, combat is awesome, the sense of despair and desperation was always present, the ways they humanize Shepard for the most part works except at some points.

Well, off the spoiler thread

That's bizarre. The only problems I've had in combat are the same problem I had in ME2 where my squadmates' powers would affect a wall or cover in front of me instead of the enemy I targeted.

Shrennin

Didn't get the memo regarding the 14th Amendment
Not real spoilers, just marking for the sake and respect of other posters in here.

Also, just wanted to say, I think the way I would really love for the series to end is
the reapers win in both the good and bad endings. The good ending maybe just leaves a bit of hope for the next cycle or something (ala stuff left behind like Protheans), but I'd really like the games to end with the reapers just winning no matter what you do. It'd be the most logical way for things to really turn out.

I'm scared for the ending, since I've seen lots of people complaining about it, but I'm hopeful... : (

I feel like (no actual game spoilers but I'll spoil it anyways) that
should be an option but not the only option. I think Shepard should die no matter what (with the exception of one ending that I'll get to later), but I don't think the Reapers should win regardless of every decision you choose. The one where the Reapers win could end in Shepard himself living as well - maybe it's the only ending where Shepard lives? I think that would be an interesting take on the Reapers winning as it were.

I also wanted to just take time and say that this is the definitive Mass Effect game so far.

BioWare has literally perfected the formula with this game. The gameplay systems, the dialogue, the presentation (for the most part) have all been improved. The only real blemish on ME3 is the journal. Way to take so many steps forward but then take that one step back. I even think the scanning mini-game is a nice compromise between the second game's and the first's real exploration - although I would still like the exploration of the first somewhat present. Not completely gone as it is now.

Jintor

That's bizarre. The only problems I've had in combat are the same problem I had in ME2 where my squadmates' powers would affect a wall or cover in front of me instead of the enemy I targeted.

Urgh, this shit was the worst.

Use electroshock power --> tali electroshocks a wall

what

I feel like (no actual game spoilers but I'll spoil it anyways) that
should be an option but not the only option. I think Shepard should die no matter what (with the exception of one ending that I'll get to later), but I don't think the Reapers should win regardless of every decision you choose. The one where the Reapers win could end in Shepard himself living as well - maybe it's the only ending where Shepard lives? I think that would be an interesting take on the Reapers winning as it were.
That would be kind of cool, haha.
Well, assuming you mean that
EVERYONE in the universe dies but Shepard. That would be pretty amazing, especially since the games have been hyping Shepard up to be a god. He can be made into Reaper goo and become a reaper along with them all for the next cycle's harvesting!
Urgh, this shit was the worst.

Use electroshock power --> tali electroshocks a wall

what
Every freaking time... It's more annoying than anything else in the combat for me, honestly.

Dresden

It's due to the squad powers hitting where your reticle was at, with no travel time--sometimes it's a boon, other times it hits a wall.

JustinBB7

you can call her, so in a way she was 'there'

I know,
but it's not the same as her actually fighting with me. Also thought it was pretty lame how they couldn't bother to show me a flashback of her as I die, instead I get Joker and Anderson who you barely interact with much in all 3 games (not as much as others at least). There were a few things that felt rushed at the end, like how your crew suddenly dissapears etc.

Ah well, shoulda coulda wouda, it is what it is.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
I was never able to figure out if squadmate powers were also dictated by weapon weight, I would just give them lighter stuff. Anyone know if it does?

Grisby

This game. Shit just got real and everyone is super depressed on the ship. Can someone tell me how close I am to the end?

Just ran from Thessia. A really sweet mission.

Game is damn awesome.

Jintor

It's due to the squad powers hitting where your reticle was at, with no travel time--sometimes it's a boon, other times it hits a wall.

Worst is when you have clear LOS, enough for your targeting reticule to trigger, but Shepard just sabotages thin air

good job Shepard

Shrennin

Didn't get the memo regarding the 14th Amendment
That would be kind of cool, haha.
Well, assuming you mean that
EVERYONE in the universe dies but Shepard. That would be pretty amazing, especially since the games have been hyping Shepard up to be a god. He can be made into Reaper goo and become a reaper along with them all for the next cycle's harvesting!

Yup, that's pretty much what I mean. It would weirdly
Make Shepard a potential antagonist for a possible ME4

hateradio

The Most Dangerous Yes Man
This game. Shit just got real and everyone is super depressed on the ship. Can someone tell me how close I am to the end?

Just ran from Thessia. A really sweet mission.

Game is damn awesome.
Yes it is, and you're really close.

I've finished my review of ME3. I thought it improved on ME2 in a number of ways, such as the combat and main story, but retained several problems as well as introducing new ones. I really tried to limit spoilers to a minimum, but if you haven't even started the game and don't want the intro mission on Earth spoiled, you should steer clear.

SteeloDMZ

Banned
Without spoiling anything, and aside from the very last mission, the one mission where you find Jacob was probably my favorite. I really fucking love the combat in this game, and that level had a lot of planning/pausing/choosing attacks carefully.

malfcn

The fuck? I have Cerberus the Base in ME2? Guess that will be interesting when I start ME3. Doesn't sound like the decision I made..that's what happens when you don't play for 6 months.

- J - D -

'Sup, Shephard?

j1nolnl7YOuqb.bmp

edit: I just noticed his hand clipping through his thigh. lol

There are very few "true" side quests in the game. N7 Missions for one, and some other one-off ones like Grissom Academy, Ardat-Yakshi Temple, and Ex-Cerberus Scientists.

speaking of her,
i don't think i ever seen her in my playthrough even tho she survived >_>

Apparently
you had to have had dinner with her back on the Normandy to get her to come back.

Pissed me off too.

speaking of her,
i don't think i ever seen her in my playthrough even tho she survived >_>

She hangs out in the refugee docks. If you already past the Priority Citidel mission that changes things around, it's probably too late to see her.
Because then she will have been murdered. And you could have saved her!

'Sup, Shephard?

j1nolnl7YOuqb.bmp

I was hoping this would lead to a reveal that the batarian tattooed a cock on his back instead of what he wanted. Also gotta wonder how this went down. Did he like wander around the refugee camp shirtless asking everyone if they knew any tattoo artists?

She hangs out in the refugee docks. If you already past the Priority Citidel mission that changes things around, it's probably too late to see her.

Oh shit real?

One more reason why Cerberus is full of shit.

Achtius

Apparently
you had to have had dinner with her back on the Normandy to get her to come back.

Pissed me off too.

Already 3 hours in my insanity playthrough, even though i want it to be 'perfect', she is not worth restarting for.

Jhoan

I saw so many familiar faces. Liara reuniting with
her father is so touching. "I know of a couple of commandos who owe me a couple of favors since you're too old for a pony." "You're giving me Asari Commandos!? Thanks dad." That and the part Krogan stuff was hilarious; her pops is hilarious. I didn't know that Liara knew that the bartender from Illium was her pops.

Plus Shep and
Garrus' bro moment after talking to him after Palaven's moon almost brought a tear to my eye. That was so "brosome."

Also
Kasumi's cameo was pretty cool and funny. She would have came aboard for Plain Jacob? GTFO.
Plus talking to
Thane about him dying soon and keeping an eye on Kaidan
broke my heart. He's a bad ass to the end.

Finished it last night. I think I'll hop over to the spoiler thread to rant about the fucking ending.

Multiplayer is surprisingly awesome, I just don't know if I want to play even that after seeing that... that... whatever it was.

This has probably been mentioned plenty of times before, but I LOVE all the banter between the squadmates and everybody else on the Normandy. Makes the place feel so much more alive. Really a stroke of genius.

I'm about to start with the Quarians. Really curious to find out how this entire scenario is going to play out.

how do you do that?

Dresden

Finished it last night. I think I'll hop over to the spoiler thread to rant about the fucking ending.

Multiplayer is surprisingly awesome, I just don't know if I want to play even that after seeing that... that... whatever it was.

I felt the same way. Just vent a bit in the spoiler thread and let a day or two pass. Helps a ton.

Top Bottom