• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 3 |OT| Space Jesus Returns (tag all spoilers)

gdt

Exploring the Normandy for the first time, just left The Citadel not too long ago after talking to the Council.

So, when can I tackle From Ashes? Will the game prompt me or something? I thought it would be like the ME2 DLC where you get an email.

mrplaid

There is almost certainly an easier way, but I just downloaded the Tigers Woods demo and it told me the email for mine.

Thanks! I'll try that.

It worked for me, but the app is quite a mess. Button presses don't register sometimes (hard to imagine how they even managed to do that), I get signed off randomly and the game didn't really have a chance to do much at all for galactic readiness before I finished ME3; a couple of multiplayer sessions were far more effective. Still, a fun little bonus with the codex and emails from characters.

I agree. I'm more concerned about the app not transferring data to my game being indicative of an issue with EA/Origin account.

Arjen

Exploring the Normandy for the first time, just left The Citadel not too long ago after talking to the Council.

So, when can I tackle From Ashes? Will the game prompt me or something? I thought it would be like the ME2 DLC where you get an email.

You can do it now, you should have an e-mail about
an prothean artifact

winstano

Oh my good Christ. The
"defend the missile battery"
mission. Just... Fuck that.
All's going well then 2 banshees show up. Then I just get overrun.

Any tips?

mujun

What the hell. I'm out to get Ashley into bed and I get a PM from her that says
she wants to spend some time with just the two of us.
Message disappears right after that and it seems like it was one that was going to lead to an invite prompt in my cabin. This is right after
you find her lying on the floor drunk.

Patryn

Oh my good Christ. The
"defend the missile battery"
mission. Just... Fuck that.
All's going well then 2 banshees show up. Then I just get overrun.

Any tips?

I just threw out my sentry turret, combat drone and defense drone and hid.

But you're probably not playing an Engineer.

.GqueB.

Banned

Good question. I purchased this two days ago, did some story missions as someone suggested and still nothing.

Patryn

No indeed, playing as a soldier. Got Garrus and Liara in my team, which (given current rage levels) wasn't the best of choices :(

Then I'd say try to focus on one. Once their barriers are down, as long as you keep doing damage to them they don't teleport.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
Tuchanka Spoilers

I got an email from Wrex saying the bomb went off and killed too many Krogan. I still have the bomb mission available though

subversus

I've done nothing with my life except eat and fap
I have a question: will my galaxy readiness (or however it's called) from multiplayer be available for all characters?

K' Dash

just after Tuchanka I went to the citadel and it trigered a priority mission, took me by surprise, but the end of that mission gave me the oportunity of doing something I wanted to do for a looong time
I fucking killed that slimeball Udina, didn't give him a chance, lol
what happens if you don't do it?

Lirlond

just after Tuchanka I went to the citadel and it trigered a priority mission, took me by surprise, but the end of that mission gave me the oportunity of doing something I wanted to do for a looong time
I fucking killed that slimeball Udina, didn't give him a chance, lol
what happens if you don't do it?

Kaiden/Ashley does it

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
Going back to an older save all I had was Shroud Facility: Cure Genophage, Cerberus Attack: investigate Cerberus presence and City Ruins: Locate bomb

I did Cerberus attack first and got an email from Wrex saying a bomb went off, but City Ruins is still available.

Eusis

Kaiden/Ashley does it
I actually reloaded to see what'd happen otherwise, only to see it's this. Mild shame,
it would've been worthwhile if I could've gotten information out of him. As is, if I ever replay I'm just pulling the trigger without hesitation.

winstano

Then I'd say try to focus on one. Once their barriers are down, as long as you keep doing damage to them they don't teleport.

Yeah, I can get one of them down, but then as soon as it's died, I just get absolutely swamped with other enemies. Just gotta keep on plugging away, I guess

Patryn

Going back to an older save all I had was Shroud Facility: Cure Genophage, Cerberus Attack: investigate Cerberus presence and City Ruins: Locate bomb

I did Cerberus attack first and got an email from Wrex saying a bomb went off, but City Ruins is still available.

Sounds like a bug.

Yeah, I can get one of them down, but then as soon as it's died, I just get absolutely swamped with other enemies. Just gotta keep on plugging away, I guess

Keep moving and don't turtle in one location.

For a game about cover-based shooting, ME3 is all about forcing you to not use cover.

K' Dash

Kaiden/Ashley does it

I'm glad I had the satifaction of doing it then, I got some items for some of the eavesdroping/scan missions and it seems the people I had to meet to give them are not in the citadel inymore, I'm guessing I just ran out of time, damn I hate fetch quests :-/

So did we ever figure out how it's possible to lose side missions? Does it only happen when you've already got side missions assigned to you, but you do a storyline mission? The Citadel is open to me now, and I've got a ton of side missions, and I don't want to lose them.

K' Dash

So did we ever figure out how it's possible to lose side missions? Does it only happen when you've already got side missions assigned to you, but you do a storyline mission? The Citadel is open to me now, and I've got a ton of side missions, and I don't want to lose them.

I just try to do all the sidequests I can before moving on to Priority missions.

Patryn

There are events in the storyline which will cut off sidequests. To say more would be a spoiler. Just attempt to finish every possible sidequest before doing any Priority missions.

So I just finished
the Cerberus attack on the Citadel mission. Thus far, since extracting Grunt from the rachni cave, I have not seen him again anywhere. Where is he?
You don't have to spoil anything for me, but if I'm missing something and should be able to find him, let me know.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
So I just finished
the Cerberus attack on the Citadel mission. Thus far, since extracting Grunt from the rachni cave, I have not seen him again anywhere. Where is he?
You don't have to spoil anything for me, but if I'm missing something and should be able to find him, let me know.

You wont see him again until the very last mission, and even then its barely anything.

Been using the ios app for boosting readiness since I'm not interested in multi (or going Gold period) and it is pretty neat. Builds slowly but if not in a rush it will get the job done for extra readiness boosts. Still doesn't have Ashley's face on her messages, just a "?". Whatever team is responsible for the ios game should fix that ASAP. All that effort put in the main game bringing Ashley back, yet this is so sloppy.

RDreamer

Been using the ios app for boosting readiness since I'm not interested in multi (or going Gold period) and it is pretty neat. Builds slowly but if not in a rush it will get the job done for extra readiness boosts. Still doesn't have Ashley's face on her messages, just a "?". Whatever team is responsible for the ios game should fix that ASAP. All that effort put in the main game bringing Ashley back, yet this is so sloppy.

Yeah, I've been doing that too, and it's pretty cool (though a little slow). I think something like this should have been in the game, probably in the main menu or something for those that don't want to do multiplayer.

I still might jump into multiplayer with the 2 day pass thing that came with the game, but I doubt that'll get me that far.

Lime

Mass Effect
http://i.imgur.com/7X4D4.jpg[IMG]

Mass Effect 2
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/LSbaN.jpg[IMG]

Mass Effect 3
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/8dosa.jpg[IMG]

Anyone else want to post their own Shepard?[/QUOTE]

Here's mine:

[IMG]http://www.abload.de/img/masseffect32012-03-090pkqn.png

masseffect32012-03-10xxjot.png

Code: 741.19G.M17.F16.GCQ.66Q.1DA.A11.9A6.417.626.277

rozay

Banned
So, quick gameplay question.

How would you arm a Vanguard in singleplayer?

In ME2 I used that krogan shotgun for for Charge -> Shotgun fun. But I'm finding myself ending fights and hitting R to reload, only to realize I never fired a shot. Which kind of defeats the purpose of having a shotgun around.

So what do I use, then? I'm thinking whatever I should carry should be for when Charge -> Nova -> Heavy Melee doesn't work. Which is against big things with one-hit kills, (that aren't already distracted) against enemies out of range, or for turrets. Got pull for Guardians, and to set up mid-air charges for style points. My bonus power is Stasis, working towards Stasis Bubble.

But... what gun(s) should I carry? I'm thinking a Heavy Pistol with a scope might be a plan, or an SMG modded for weight. I'm not sure I even want a shotgun anymore, unless I can find one that can be used at better than Heavy Melee range.
The Graal and Disciple are incredibly accurate (even more so with a smart choke mod) and I've really taken a liking to the former. Disciple is one of the lightest guns in the game.

iavi

Finally picked up From Ashes, so I can continue my playthrough. I'm not going to lie, I hate BW for basically making me pay 70 to finally feel like I got the complete game. First time I've run into that with DLC.

Oh man, was not expecting (Priority: Rannoch Spoilers)
Tali to take her own life. :( I hoped to at least see her face.

I guess it was for a good cause because now
I have Geth on my side.

bitoriginal

Just to let you know, this happened to me. There were no consequences from what I could tell. I did go and do the bomb mission straight away though!

Macattk15

So I just finished the
Rannoch
missions.

Some thoughts (obvious spoilers):

I'm really disappointed with how the Geth were handled in this game. Not from a story standpoint (I still think they're one of the more interesting races in the ME universe), but how their fate plays out through the decision making.

I'm not entirely sure why killing the heretics in ME2 earns you more "points" counting toward the resolution between the Geth and Quarians. To me, the choice was there for those players who wanted to give that race a shot as a real force in the galaxy, attempting to see their side of the Quarian/Geth story. I have friends who didn't give a second thought to wiping them out, simply because they didn't WANT the Geth on their side. I think the reward was dealt to the wrong crowd here, but I suppose that's just my opinion.

Also, it seems really odd to me that saving the Admiral stranded on the planet was the Paragon choice, and not saving his men. With the later ME games, Bioware made the Paragon choice the make sure you see the best resolution/coolest shit choice instead of doing what is right (saving the men of a civilian ship that had no right going into battle) regardless of the outcome (losing a powerful and influential admiral). That's what ultimately cost me the option of saving both races and I'm a little disappointed in that.

Also, were it not for me caring a whole lot for Tali, I would have let the Quarians bite the dust. As a race, they were AWFUL in this game. Start a war with the Geth while the Reapers are invading? Makes absolutely no sense to me. This game also humanized the Geth in a way I didn't think possible and I actually sympathized with them, making the decision to wipe them out all the more difficult. The Quarians played god, got scared and tried to erase it. They fucked up real bad and succeeded in the mass genocide of the life that they created.

Do you know what happens when you side with the other choice in that final decision? Made me extremely sad, but I didn't reload my save file ... just kind of went with it :(

Trey

I didn't mind the ending. I'll go into length about it when I completely corral my thoughts. I went into the final mission with ~3000+ EMS on a 54% GR. I took the
synthetic choice, and robo Joker and EDI and I'm guessing Liara crash land on some planet/moon. And after the credits there was some man telling a kid a story about "the Shepard." What are the other endings?

Just to let you know, this happened to me. There were no consequences from what I could tell. I did go and do the bomb mission straight away though!

Same thing happened to me. Bioware be trolling.

Top Bottom