• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 3 |OT| Space Jesus Returns (tag all spoilers)

Also, were it not for me caring a whole lot for Tali, I would have let the Quarians bite the dust. As a race, they were AWFUL in this game.
Worst fucking people in the universe. They deserved extinction, and are damn lucky they listened to what I said or I would have happily let the Geth eradicate them.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Here's my femshep. Sorry for the offscreen pic. I just thought she looked pretty good here, much better than on the CC screen.

Carbonox

Finished the story. Ending is interesting. I'm sticking with the idea that the
destroy synthetics
is the true ending. Makes the most sense to me.

Anyway, I'm not done with this game yet, no siree.

How do I level up to 60 btw? I finished on 56 or something. I don't have anything else to do I think or can I import this Shep in to a new game?

Serious

When do you get the N7 sniper? Spoiler tag the answer if you want.

The Javelin? I'm pretty sure I picked it up
on the mission where you have to rescue an admiral on Rannoch

If you mean the Black Widow, you buy it from the Spectre office.

Can someone explain what the benefit of upgrading your guns is?

It says their damage etc. increases but I can't see the difference in stats between a level I gun and a level V gun.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick

It says their damage etc. increases but I can't see the difference in stats between a level I gun and a level V gun.

It's a very minor increase in damage but the weight reduction helps a lot. That's pretty noticeable, especially if you have the Black Widow and want to carry other weapons with it.

KageMaru

Here's mine:

masseffect32012-03-090pkqn.png

masseffect32012-03-10xxjot.png

Code: 741.19G.M17.F16.GCQ.66Q.1DA.A11.9A6.417.626.277

Wow she looks great, looks like how my Shepard would have looked like if she imported properly. Thanks for the code, I'll have to save this one. =)

The weight difference can be a big deal. I'm deliberately using an Argus rifle with my engineer, simply because Amazon erroneously sent me a code for it long after a pre-order cancel, hits pretty hard. With that and a very light SMG, I was at like +80% power recharge. Upgrading only that Argus to a V has me at close to 120%. Don't need to be using it really, but the upgrade has made it more excusable.

Double D

So I've been finding all kinds of armor pieces, but when I go to my locker, nothing seems to be showing up. Do I have to get them from somewhere else first?

luxarific

Nork unification denier
I just threw out my sentry turret, combat drone and defense drone and hid.

But you're probably not playing an Engineer.

Assuming you haven't used it already: there's a one-use handheld missile launcher that can take one of them out immediately that's hidden underneath the counter in the shop that's to the left of the missile launcher. Then you should direct your two squadmates to come into the store so they can take advantage of cover (the directional pad). Alternatively, if you're careful, the laser beam from the Reaper will also take out one of the Banshees if you remain by the missile launcher. I think the Banshees respawn though, so basically that mission is just about trying to survive until you get a prompt to go back to the missile launcher. I got through it on Insane, but I was an engineer, which I think is one of the easier classes since you effectively have a third squadmate (or 2.5 squadmates) if you upgrade your combat drone all the way.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
I'm sure that at least half of this thread finds this kind of thing tiresome, but I'll pimp my Shepard too.

Aside from the occasional unflattering angle, she holds up pretty well. At least she looks somewhat human.

Dennis

Banned
GAF!

I am crying tears of joy!

For many days now I have been prevented from playing Mass Effect 3 due to the AA being broken.

I simply could not play the game without MSAA and SGSSAA. Without, the jaggies were unbearable.

Now, I have solved the problem and can play again!

This is the posterboy game for the importance of AA. Holy shit, the difference in IQ is humongous.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
GAF!

For many days now I have been prevented from playing Mass Effect 3 due to the AA being broken.

I simply could not play the game without MSAA and SGSSAA. Without, the jaggies were unbearable.

This is the posterboy game for the importance of AA. Holy shit, the difference in IQ is humongous.

I'm so relieved to hear that.

edit - Sounds like my decision to be lazy and put off installing the new Nvidia drivers was a good one!

- J - D -

GAF!

Nice!

Did you get the new Nvidia drivers to play nice, Dennis? Or did you roll back?

Darkkn

Pretty happy with my femshep. Lighting sometimes messes everything up tho :/

The game in general looks a lot better than ME2 both technically and level design wise. Also AA option finally! Only filmgrain missing...

bs000

Uggghhhh wtf is this? My 360 froze and when I got back in the game I had 0 medigel which made the mission a pain in the ass to finish with 1 health bubble. Now I just noticed I lost all 400k of my credits. I can load an older save but there goes 3 hours of gameplay.

GSR

Just started the
Geth Dreadnought
mission. Really reminding me of how while the side missions are pretty decent, the main missions are where they hit things out of the park.

Brickhunt

Okay, I downloaded the game in my main PC using Origin, but my dad got insanely addicted to Shogun total war and won't let anyone else use the PC until he beats the game, so I decided to install it in other PC, but instead of downloading all over again, I made a backup, but when it comes to install it on the enw pc, I can't find he installer.

Do I have to download the game (9 GB) all over again just because Origin seems to delete the installer?

Tess3ract

Banned
Uggghhhh wtf is this? My 360 froze and when I got back in the game I had 0 medigel which made the mission a pain in the ass to finish with 1 health bubble. Now I just noticed I lost all 400k of my credits. I can load an older save but there goes 3 hours of gameplay.
Save more often. You have a quick save, learn to use it.

- J - D -

Roll back.

Lesson learned. When you are in the middle of a game and everything is working fine, don't upgrade drivers until you are done with the game!

Okay, I'll hold off on updating my drivers. It's too bad, because isn't said to improve ME3 performance? I'll take the AA @50fps for now.

I'm sure that at least half of this thread finds this kind of thing tiresome, but I'll pimp my Shepard too.

Aside from the occasional unflattering angle, she holds up pretty well. At least she looks somewhat human.

I like yours. She has the girl next door look. May i have a code?

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
Worst fucking people in the universe. They deserved extinction, and are damn lucky they listened to what I said or I would have happily let the Geth eradicate them.

I was contemplating reloading when that happened, but in the end I had the same reasoning. No idea how I could have stopped it either unless I should have just told Legion to stop the upload, but dammit I told the Quarians to lay off the Geth every single chance I had in 2 and 3 and they still pulled that shit so yeah, they kinda deserved that. Legion was my homey.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
Symbolically Purgatory is kind of a prison for
Aria
. Though I'm not sure it needs to be looked at that deeply. It's just a relatively cool name for a place at its base level.

Trey

Symbolically Purgatory is kind of a prison for
Aria
. Though I'm not sure it needs to be looked at that deeply. It's just a relatively cool name for a place at its base level.

Aria
needed a larger role in ME3.

Man. Maaaaaaaan.

MAN.

Taking
Javik
to
Thessia
, the interactions during that mission, the mission itself, and everything post mission on the Normandy is SO very good. I feel sorry for anyone that doesn't have the DLC character, and it's a shame that it's DLC in the first place.

I'd substitute all of the crappy fetch quests and all of the lazy "go here, and fight dudes" missions for 3 to 5 more missions of that caliber with fun combat, great dialogue/reveals, and story progression. Great stuff.

Dartastic

Man. Maaaaaaaan.

MAN.

Taking
Javik
to
Thessia
, the interactions during that mission, the mission itself, and everything post mission on the Normandy is SO very good. I feel sorry for anyone that doesn't have the DLC character, and it's a shame that it's DLC in the first place.

I'd substitute all of the crappy fetch quests and all of the lazy "go here, and fight dudes" missions for 3 to 5 more missions of that caliber with fun combat, great dialogue/reveals, and story progression. Great stuff.
So in other words, I should buy the DLC.

If you're a fan of the universe in this game, absolutely. The DLC mission isn't anything mindblowing, although good, but the insight and backstory you get for the rest of the game from the DLC character is more than worth it to me, the mission I just finished in particular. I love the different perspective provided.

It's kind of unbelievable that THIS is what they chose for the DLC character. Clearly ripped out of the experience. Vega would've been a much better choice for DLC as he says almost nothing of note for the entire game. Sure he gives a "newb" perspective on the events unfolding around him, but it pales in comparison to what gets explained from the DLC.

I did it, and it is the first DLC I've ever been unhappy about buying (as with other things they have done with ME3 that I disagree with, I'm stuck having been so invested in 1 and 2).

BUT...

...that is not due to quality. It does add a lot to the lore for those who have always followed the series and other media. New character, gun, and alt outfits at least add up to make it not a bad deal. The mission itself can be challenging if tackled early on an Insanity run as I did.

Still, and of course it is not a unique sentiment except for the fact that it is me now saying it, the damned thing should have been part of the game proper.

I got the DLC with the CE and I recruited the character early in the game. Since then, he's been on my away team most of the time and I'm also annoyed. Essentially because he is interesting, has great interactions and is very well integrated. There's no way in hell he wasn't supposed to be there from the start.

To be more positive, I really like how they acknowledge pretty much every meaningful decision I've made in the past 2 games. Hell, even DLCs
seeing the Overlord kid in the Grissom Academy mission made it that much more rewarding. +Jack <3

What do people recommend for someone who has played 1 and 2 but never finished either. I didn't feel too lost on previous games will I in this one?

Is there a kind of "previously on mass effect style catchup"?

I have always loved the universe but for various reasons always just never completed them.

StuBurns

Banned
Just finished it, I loved it. I think it's much stronger than 2 was. Very cool. Not sure I could bring myself to care about any DLC though.

The Javelin? I'm pretty sure I picked it up
on the mission where you have to rescue an admiral on Rannoch

If you mean the Black Widow, you buy it from the Spectre office.

I found the Black Widow. It was later in the game, no idea what specific level.

The M29 Widow is it right

jediyoshi

What do people recommend for someone who has played 1 and 2 but never finished either. I didn't feel too lost on previous games will I in this one?

Is there a kind of "previously on mass effect style catchup"?

I have always loved the universe but for various reasons always just never completed them.
Careful, the more you indulge yourself in the universe, the harder it'll be to come to terms with the ending.

Nothing included in the game itself, though machinima has a nifty previously on video voiced by broshep voice actor

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d00lY1ZVZ9U
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oOeRW2fYaYs

Top Bottom