• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 3 |OT| Space Jesus Returns (tag all spoilers)

Jeez, what have I been missing? I mean I got like 3 or so other sidequests, but that was it. And I kind of just kept happening upon the priority missions... guess I have to explore more and stop going straight through the story.

You probably didn't interact with your crew enough, or people on the citadel. There is tons of story to be had there.

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
Jeez, what have I been missing? I mean I got like 3 or so other sidequests, but that was it. And I kind of just kept happening upon the priority missions... guess I have to explore more and stop going straight through the story.

Probably not that much, no idea how you get to that point in the game and have 20+ hours on your save.

TheMan

yeah, you get lots of side missions by walking around the citadel. what i don't like about this is that you don't have to actually talk to npc's to get many of these "missions" (often just fetch quests)- just walk past them, you'll overhear their conversation, and then a mission will open up.

You probably didn't interact with your crew enough, or people on the citadel. There is tons of story to be had there.

Yeah, that's probably it. To be honest, I didn't feel like sitting through loading screens to go to different floors of the Normandy, but I guess I probably should.

Probably not that much, no idea how you get to that point in the game and have 20+ hours on your save.

I only have around like 8 hours or so.

.GqueB.

Banned

You probably aren't as curious as most. After every mission, I talk to all of my crew (except for joker because that walk annoys me for some reason), look at what weapons I have, rejigger my armor. I often go back to the citadel to see whats available there.

With all the walking around and load times and conversations etc etc, you can easily spend a good 2 or 3 hours not doing anything story related. When I first started playing, at about 10 hours in, I had only done one story mission.

This stuff does take a lot of patience though.

LuchaShaq

Banned
Ending is predictable and a bit silly but nowhere near as bad as people claim.

Was expecting far worse going off the reaction of people in this thread.

If the Dragon Age 2 ending is a 0 (so much worse than this ending it's not even debatable), and your favorite game ending ever is a 10 It would be somewhere between a 4-6.

.GqueB.

Banned
You might want to mention that this is a super obscure, super minor spoiler.

If it's super obscure then it's not a spoiler. It was just a picture to me until you mentioned that. Now I'm wondering how it's a spoiler. Your spoiler warning is a spoiler.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
If it's super obscure then it's not a spoiler. It was just a picture to me until you mentioned that. Now I'm wondering how it's a spoiler. Your spoiler warning is a spoiler.

It's more of a joke/meme between players who have seen the whole game than a real spoiler anyway. Don't worry about it.

Hey guys, just wondering how I'm meant to get my iOS Datapad synced up with my 360 version?

I've logged into Origin on both, but I'm not having my GaW progress synced...

Riggs

Banned
Ending is predictable and a bit silly but nowhere near as bad as people claim.

Was expecting far worse going off the reaction of people in this thread.

If the Dragon Age 2 ending is a 0 (so much worse than this ending it's not even debatable), and your favorite game ending ever is a 10 It would be somewhere between a 4-6.
People on the internet beg to differ.

All due respect but it was ambiguous bullshit and that's being kind. Back to ME3 spoilers thread /zooooom.

Carbonox

What's the best way to do an Insanity run? Import ME2/3 character or start from scratch? And fuck Overload only being accessible if you choose Sentinel or Infiltrator. Means I have to start another save just for that one trophy.

Patryn

What's the best way to do an Insanity run? Import ME2/3 character or start from scratch? And fuck Overload only being accessible if you choose Sentinel or Infiltrator. Means I have to start another save just for that one trophy.

Engineer has it as well. That's half the classes. In fact, those are all the tech classes, and Overload is a tech skill.

.GqueB.

Banned
Since I'm in a Mass Effect thread…

Just put a new podcast up. A lot of talk about Mass Effect 3 and the infamous list:

1.jpg

Biglargehuge.com

Brian Dunkleman updates as well.

gdt

Dammmmmn, just met Miranda. She wants to know whats up, but I already told Liara that she's my main hole :(. What to do, what to do...

(Crazy that I'm actually having trouble here)

Edit: I think its gonna come down to tits/ass. I saw Liara's tits and ass in ME1, didn't get the same with Miranda in ME2.

So my galactic readiness is at 90% currently. I intend to have it at 100% when I need to. But when do I need to have it at 100? Just for the final mission? Is there some sort of in-game warning once I get to that point of no return so I know to get 100 before hand? Advice would be helpful.

Arjen

So my galactic readiness is at 90% currently. I intend to have it at 100% when I need to. But when do I need to have it at 100? Just for the final mission? Is there some sort of in-game warning once I get to that point of no return so I know to get 100 before hand? Advice would be helpful.

You'll get a prompt when it's the point of no return.

Patryn

There is absolutely no reason or need to get it to 100 percent.

There is no reward (beyond an achievement, I think) for getting it to 100 percent.

The highest EMS you will possibly need is 5000. At that point you have unlocked all the possible endings. Note I didn't say BEST ending, as there is not a BEST ending.

Carbonox

To hijack an Atlas you need to - apparently - shoot the cockpit out so you kill the driver, then run up to the vehicle and get in to it before someone else jacks it.

I'll try it when I next face an Atlas.

Carbonox

bleh, doing this in an insanity run maybe not be a good idea but i'll try..lol

I'm in the same boat. I started my Insanity run a bit earlier (after I first brought it up in the thread) to get the majority of the rest of the trophies I need. Suffice to say I'm not looking forward to taking on an Atlas.

derFeef

Romance question:
I am at the point where Tali shows up (my romance in ME2), but she seems to think I am with Liara for whatever reason. I am playing the game very slowly and pay attention to everything, but I can not really remember a point where I reinforced with Liara... that's weird :-/
Any suggestions what I may have missed and when?

Romance question:
I am at the point where Tali shows up (my romance in ME2), but she seems to think I am with Liara for whatever reason. I am playing the game very slowly and pay attention to everything, but I can not really remember a point where I reinforced with Liara... that's weird :-/
Any suggestions what I may have missed and when?

Shadow Broker?

derFeef

i am pretty sure when you begin a romance, they ask you if that is what you want, so making a mistake is kinda hard

Yeah that's what I thought. damn me if I overheard something (how???).
Well I guess I will have to roll with it since it seems to be an early choice.

Minamu

These timed missions that aren't expressed as timed, which ones are that? I just met an old friend
Legion
, and I haven't run into any such troubles so far on Normal.

I know the thread has answered this already, but I am a little scared of going through this thread entries for it with all of the spoilers in here. . Can anyone tell me the two primary missions at the point of no return. I want to make sure I have don the side missions before I engage them. I know the game splits into two parts and the final point of no return before the end. these are the two I am asking about.

Top Bottom