• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 3 |OT| Space Jesus Returns (tag all spoilers)

.GqueB.

Banned
Shadow Broker does not influence it. Or so I read.

Are you sure you did not answer positively early in the game to Liara?

That shadow broker DLC is weird.

Liara and I hooked up in Shadow Broker but in ME3 she was very standoffish. Very friendly and I even found her flirting with Garrus on a couple occasions. Figured the Shadow Broker DLC didn't matter so I banged someone else.

Next time I walk into her quarters, she gets all pissy about it. Very confusing.

Trey

What do you guys mean 5000 plus gives you the "best ending?"
Do you mean the synthesis choice? Because I had that choice available to me at just above 3000 EMS on 54% GR.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
I know the thread has answered this already, but I am a little scared of going through this thread entries for it with all of the spoilers in here. . Can anyone tell me the two primary missions at the point of no return. I want to make sure I have don the side missions before I engage them. I know the game splits into two parts and the final point of no return before the end. these are the two I am asking about.

The point of no return starts with a mission involving (light spoilers)
---Cerberus---
, but there's a few missions between that point and the very end. The game makes it very, very clear that you're at the point of no return, literally stating there's no going back once you begin the mission, and giving you a clear choice to start it.

Carbonox

Do you mean the synthesis choice? Because I had that choice available to me at just above 3000 EMS on 54% GR.

I believe the best ending is
Shepard still being alive
as apparently this tidbit doesn't occur in any ending acquired whilst below 5000.

Patryn

There is no best ending.

I believe the best ending is
Shepard still being alive
as apparently this tidbit doesn't occur in any ending acquired whilst below 5000.

This is factual incorrect. Depending on things you do, this (WHICH ISN'T A BEST ENDING) can occur at either 4000 or 5000.

The point of no return starts with a mission involving (light spoilers)
---Cerberus---
, but there's a few missions between that point and the very end. The game makes it very, very clear that you're at the point of no return, literally stating there's no going back once you begin the mission, and giving you a clear choice to start it.

Oh. I have heard that there was two points of no return. One was near the beginning, something to do with
Eden prime
? And another was near the end. I might understand from your comments that there is only been one major point of no return? That is, outside of the very end?

Patryn

Oh. I have heard that there was two points of no return. One was near the beginning, something to do with
Eden prime
? And another was near the end. I might understand from your comments that there is only been one major point of no return? That is, outside of the very end?

Some side missions will be locked out after you finish
Tuchanka

iavi

Eden Prime: HOLY SHIT.
Javik
is such a badass.
"You. Stand in the ashes of a million dead soldiers and ask if honor matters? The silence will be your answer"
Is one of the most badass lines I've heard in a little while. These cut-scenes,
those flashbacks,
this is integral stuff. Incredibly tacky of BW/EA that it was DLC.

I'm liking the game a lot, but between the constant bugs, and cutting whole sections of the game away for dlc, my opinion of BW has gone down a good bit, I have to admit.

About the DLC:
I got Javik what seems like as early as possible but he is blacked out as a selectable squadmate. Do I have to do something or will he be selectable later in the game?

Where does the 360 version of this save games. I brought it, hard drive and memory card to a friends and I can't access my saves. The only 2 files on the cloud are my imported characters which are dated for the 7th. I was playing last night so there should be a more recent date. I hope I haven't mysteriously lost my 20hrs.

Einbroch

Banned
Whoever designed the final mission in the game needs to be fired. Seriously. Such lazy game design.

"Let's just throw everything at you. We can't be bothered to make new enemies, so more is better, right?"

No, Bioware. No it's not.

Patryn

Whoever designed the final mission in the game needs to be fired. Seriously. Such lazy game design.

"Let's just throw everything at you. We can't be bothered to make new enemies, so more is better, right?"

Whoever wrote this post needs to be fired. Seriously. Such lazy spoiler disregarding.

"I'll just post this without spoiler tags. I can't be bothered to write them, and who cares anyways?"

No, poster. No it's not.

Sajuuk

yeah no drell husks was big wtf to me.

Carbonox

The part
at the end with the crap load of Brutes and Banshees
and my response was literally:

iITtAI74i2Hpy.gif

Then I realised just how potent the Black Widow really is and proceeded to laugh all the way.

Zeliard

Brutes are so easy to kill at that point though. 4 Brutes are easier to deal with than 1 Banshee.

Haha yeah Brutes just have armor and are considerably easier than the Banshee pairs they like to throw at you at times. Those ladies take a good amount of punishment on Insanity.

Also, if someone could help me out here. Am I missing something on how to do this or is the galaxy map really this bad. I really dont want to sit here scanning the whole system like this. It's boring and looks like something a comedy show like the Simpsons would make to lampoon videogames. How do I find the missions if it's not from scanning planets?

Edited the rest out because this is unbearable.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Spoiler from the From Ashes DLC

: | They eat flies : |

After playing both ME1 and ME2 over the last 2 weeks before I started ME3 I can say that Bioware does have the best writing in the business. Some other games may have a crisper narrative in their games, but they dont have to cover as much dialog and with as many variables as Bioware games do.

Also, if someone could help me out here. Am I missing something on how to do this or is the galaxy map really this bad. I really dont want to sit here scanning the whole system like this. It's boring and looks like something a comedy show like the Simpsons would make to lampoon videogames. How do I find the missions if it's not from scanning planets?

Huh uh.

rififi

Does it make a different whether I do the
Geth Comm Hub
or
Reaper Base
first?

Yes, some missions are no longer available after completing certain "priority" missions.
Just for reference, try to do all available missions you can before starting any "priority" ones.

rififi

Just because they have become awful at endings/general plot doesn't mean they aren't some of the best when it comes to universe/characters.

Exactly,
One of the reasons so many people are so angry about the ending is because they were so involved with the universe bioware created.
Despite some cliche, cheasy lines here and there, you cannot ignore that they created an immersive world where you actually cared about the characters and the choices you made throughout the games.
The script itself may not be pullitzer prize winning, but what bioware created in general is still captivating, no one can deny that.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Just because they have become awful at endings/general plot doesn't mean they aren't some of the best when it comes to universe/characters.

Oh i agree with that, the game was almost perfect up until that point(except stuff like
Mr. Space Ninja & dead kid in your nightmares
), its just too bad it sucks in one of the most important part of the game.

So where the hell is Kasumi supposed to show up? I'm more than half way into my second game (she survived ME2) and she hasn't appeared yet.

gdt

Question about a very minor side quest. The one about the diplomat's missing son. I'm on the planet where he was lost (just finished an N7 mission here) but I can't find anything that points me to him. Is it somewhere else?

hateradio

The Most Dangerous Yes Man
So where the hell is Kasumi supposed to show up? I'm more than half way into my second game (she survived ME2) and she hasn't appeared yet.
She's in the Citadel in the first Act. I don't know if you can miss her quest or not.

Question about a very minor side quest. The one about the diplomat's missing son. I'm on the planet where he was lost (just finished an N7 mission here) but I can't find anything that points me to him. Is it somewhere else?
Go to the Specter room on the Citadel and buy the intel or something.

jackdoe

It's there. I missed it but thanks to the magic of the Spectre Requisitions Console, you can auto solve those pesky fetch quests.

Trey

Y'know, Vanguard really is some broken shit. I couldn't even imagine what levels of cheese I would have to sink to in order to complete the waves from Hell that is protecting the
missile battery
if I were any other class. Goodness fuck. Thank you based short Charge cooldown and Nova AoE.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Y'know, Vanguard really is some broken shit. I couldn't even imagine what levels of cheese I would have to sink to in order to complete the waves from Hell that is protecting the
missile battery
if I were any other class. Goodness fuck. Thank you based short Charge cooldown and Nova AoE.

I still bumped the difficulty down to Hardcore for that, part was nuts. I'm wary on charging Banshees in general though.

Infiltrator is always my second playthrough and it's always fully on insanity, makes everything easier. I can't imagine other classes having a good response to the craziness there.

Honestly though, ending itself aside, the ending MISSION was so damn good. I actually like it more than the ME1 endgame.

Zeliard

I feel bad for anyone who picked the "has 25% chance of not triggering a cooldown" level 6 Charge, instead of the one that fills your entire shield. Especially since Charge can recharge in 3 seconds.

Einbroch

Banned
wait. you have one of the 'clearly overpowered' classes and you fumble on the last mission?

I choose to go with soldier. Yeah, fun times. but then I also brought a black widow along.

I didn't know it was a "survive" thing, I thought it was a "kill all enemies then magically the machine battery is in range" thing. I was trying to kill as many Banshees as fast as possible, not survive.

Also Insanity.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
I feel bad for anyone who picked the "has 25% chance of not triggering a cooldown" level 6 Charge, instead of the one that fills your entire shield. Especially since Charge can recharge in 3 seconds.

Yeah, I don't see the point of that. I did take the 25% chance of Nova not using barrier, so I can sometimes pull off Nova > Nova > Charge > Nova > Charge.

Trey

I still bumped the difficulty down to Hardcore for that, part was nuts. I'm wary on charging Banshees in general though.

Infiltrator is always my second playthrough and it's always fully on insanity, makes everything easier. I can't imagine other classes having a good response to the craziness there.

Honestly though, ending itself aside, the ending MISSION was so damn good. I actually like it more than the ME1 endgame.

For good cause. That one hit kill is no joke. Try Charging when the bastard is in the middle of an animation (aside from her biotic discharge thing), you should be fine against what ever it does considering the invincibility of the move.

I'm going Inf on my second playthrough too, and I'm already gameplanning in my head how I would even try to tackle that mission. I want to do it on Insanity because I actually think ME3 made it fun and rewarding to play on higher difficulties (unlike its predecessors), but I may just knock it down a few pegs since I already got the Insanity achievement.

And I dunno. It became really obvious that Bioware ran out of combat scenario ideas by the end. It felt tacked together and boring. None of the pieces in the final mission did anything for me
aside from the run to the beam and Marauder Shields
, although I liked the
Cerberus base attack
some.

Just got done with Mass effect 2 PS3 and have to say WOW what an EPIC way to end a game bloody hell lol and the music makes it even better!!

Really hope the epicness carry's over to Mass Effect 3.

Top Bottom