• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 3 |OT| Space Jesus Returns (tag all spoilers)

No, it just proves that i thought it was ok and i didnt buy into all the hate about it simply because its bioware.

It was an excellent game and the ending was fine - it really wasnt as bad as everyone said it would be at all.

It just sucks that to get to any decent post in the spoilers thread you need to wade through post after post of crap memes and complaints.
No, sorry, you didnt think the ending through. I know its a hard thing to admit, but the ending isnt ok and there is no way to think it is unless you havent given it a second thought. Or perhaps you are a videogame journalist, in that case i get why you think its ok. :lol

The ending is terrible. Thats why you have to wade through so many posts with complaints: its pretty much the worst ending ever given to a videogame. And its also why people started making jokes and memes about it: its so terrible there is nothing better to do.

No, sorry, you didnt think the ending through. I know its a hard thing to admit, but the ending isnt ok and there is no way to think it is unless you havent given it a second thought. Or perhaps you are a videogame journalist, in that case i get why you think its ok. :lol

The ending is terrible. Thats why you have to wade through so many posts with complaints: its pretty much the worst ending ever given to a videogame. And its also why people started making jokes and memes about it: its so terrible there is nothing better to do.

Why are you being such a tosser? You think its terrible, fine, i really dont think it is. And even if you didnt like the ending there are about 30 hours of fantastic gameplay to discuss in the spoiler threads rather than focusing on the resolution.

I also thought the last part/level of the game was excellent - or didnt i think that through either?

inky

No, it just proves that i thought it was ok and i didnt buy into all the hate about it simply because its bioware.

"OK" how? Just OK? Satisfactory conclusion? Meaningful choices?...

The fact that you think it is just typical Bioware hate, crying and trolling just means you didn't even about it twice and you just made up your mind about any and all criticism. It's just dismissiveness and contempt on your part without a real explanation.
There are serious issues about it, even if you liked it, like plot holes or little variation, so OK how?

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
Ive finished the game and am level 59 on my insanity playthru. The ending was fine. Not perfect but not worth crying about and trolling every single mass effect thread on this forum..

how did you get to level 59? even with my import save file from me2, i can only manage level 56 at the end.

bigace33

It was an excellent game and the ending was fine - it really wasnt as bad as everyone said it would be at all.

It just sucks that to get to any decent post in the spoilers thread you need to wade through post after post of crap memes and complaints.
Key word = TO YOU. Just because you enjoyed the end does not make thousands of other peoples opinions on the end wrong. Where there is smoke there is bound to be fire. I love the game and think it is one of the 5 best games I have ever played, but that ending is the worst I think I have ever seen all things considered, Had this been a one shot game, I could maybe accept that ending as is, but it is not. It is a part of a trilogy, and it is way to vague and silly to end such a magnificent trilogy. In my opinion it is unacceptable.

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"
how did you get to level 59? even with my import save file from me2, i can only manage level 56 at the end.

I was 57.5 at the end of my normal play-through, I did pretty much everything, but I also know I missed to hand in a few in-progress side quests on the Citadel due to the
Cerberus attack

Key word = TO YOU. Just because you enjoyed the end does not make thousands of other peoples opinions on the end wrong. Where there is smoke there is bound to be fire. I love the game and think it is one of the 5 best games I have ever played, but that ending is the worst I think I have ever seen all things considered, Had this been a one shot game, I could maybe accept that ending as is, but it is not. It is a part of a trilogy, and it is way to vague and silly to end such a magnificent trilogy. In my opinion it is unacceptable.

"To You" isnt a key word and i dont think i even said that? I also never said that i enjoyed the ending, i just thought it was fine. It certainly didnt inspire rage/hatred or made me complain on a forum all night.

If you dont like the ending then dont play through it again?

bigace33

"To You" isnt a key word and i dont think i even said that? I also never said that i enjoyed the ending, i just thought it was fine. It certainly didnt inspire rage/hatred or made me complain on a forum all night.

If you dont like the ending then dont play through it again?
Nope, you'd rather rage at other gamer's who rage about the ending. It is fine that you don't see the problem with the ending my friend, but don't just write off everyone who complains about as haters. ME is my absolute favorite series. I have been on board since 2008 and have truly enjoyed it. That does not mean I can't voice my displeasure over the end game. You are right about two things though, I should have said "key words' and I have yet to start another run in ME3.

Dartastic

THANK YOU CHARGE YOU ARE THE BEST ABILITY EVER

I feel bad for anyone who picked the "has 25% chance of not triggering a cooldown" level 6 Charge, instead of the one that fills your entire shield. Especially since Charge can recharge in 3 seconds.

Yeah, I don't see the point of that. I did take the 25% chance of Nova not using barrier, so I can sometimes pull off Nova > Nova > Charge > Nova > Charge.
Also, thank you based shockwave. I basically have an assault rifle and I'm just like DERP LET'S SHOCKWAVE AND SHOCKWAVE AND SHOCKWAVE AND SOMETIMES SHOOT WHEN THEY HAVE SHIELDS OH WAIT LET'S SHOCKWAVE AGAIN. Fucking best class. For real.

Yeah, what you guys said. Also, I just finished
doing some stuff with the geth core where it looks all crazy squares n shit and it was awesome.
How much longer do I have? Ish? If I buy the dlc, can I get the character yet?

Yager

Banned
Got the game yesterday, but only play like an hour or so. Today was the day: 8 straight hours of Shepard awesomeness. I'm loving the game and having much more fun than with ME2. Didn't do much stuff of the main mission, but I've been wandering around and doing some secondary missions.

I'm glad they get rid of the scanning system of ME2. Maybe the one implemented in 3 is not perfect, but I believe it's more enjoyable and doesn't break the "rythm" of the game. I'm playing with my imported vanguard and, for what I've seen, seems like decisions made in te previous 2 games are a bit more important and you don't only get and e-mail from some of the characters you've helped in the past.

How long does the game lasts? Because after 9 hours I feel like I've only scratced the surface. BTW, 360 version and it looks pretty good and solid.

Is there an interactive comic for ME2 like there is for ME1? I know you can buy the ME1 one on the Xbox Marketplace. I thought the ME2 one was packed in with ME3, but I haven't seen it...

hermit7

Any tips for the final portion of
Grissom academy?
. On insanity and it is a huge bitch although I think it is partially the crew that I grabbed (
Harris and EDI
)

Carbonox

Any tips for the final portion of
Grissom academy?
. On insanity and it is a huge bitch although I think it is partially the crew that I grabbed (
Harris and EDI
)

Didn't you jump in the
Atlas
? That end part is so easy, even on Insanity. I also didn't take a single dent in my health bar cos they were too busy attacking my team-mates who were running around like headless chickens.

Carbonox

How do you accomplish this?

There's an empty one in the room before you enter the final part. You see it with an engineer standing next to it, with his back turned to you. Kill him and then go to the front of it and press X (or whatever the action button is for your version). Get in, go to the final room and prepare for complete and utter domination. :p

This is also a good opportunity to get the Hijacker achievement (if you care for achievements). At some point an Atlas comes out for some epic robotic duel. Shoot the shit out of the cockpit with the cannon so it is destroyed and the driver killed, then get out of your one in to his and the achievement will appear. I did this yesterday in my Insanity run.

bitoriginal

Finally finished it about two minutes ago. Holy shit GAF over hyped the ending to a ludicrous degree. It's really not that bad at all. In fact, I actually liked it. What's everyone moaning about? It's a bit out there but my mind had conjured up a million worse possible endings. Gonna go check out the spoiler thread and look at all the rabid Bioware hate.

hateradio

The Most Dangerous Yes Man
Finally finished it about two minutes ago. Holy shit GAF over hyped the ending to a ludicrous degree. It's really not that bad at all. In fact, I actually liked it. What's everyone moaning about? It's a bit out there but my mind had conjured up a million worse possible endings. Gonna go check out the spoiler thread and look at all the rabid Bioware hate.
Yeah, it's best to just look at the spoiler thread. However, I don't think its rabid BW hate.

1stStrike

Banned

For me, it came down to the fact that
all the endings were the same. The first time I watched the ending, I was just like "Oh, that wasn't that bad" too. But, then I watched the others and realized that all they did was change the color of the fucking shockwave and which characters walked out of the ship at the end.

That's what's really disappointing about it. It's just like... so no matter what ending I pick, it's
just a different color.

Woopity doo.

Nori Chan

I just got around to beating ME2, and I'm going to proceed through my insanity run doing nothing but renegade.

Before I start it, can anyone confirm to me what decisions can be made from me2 that will affect anything in me3? Spoiler free please, I just want what decisions will show up in number 3 so I can make sure I get the one I want.

exYle

I just got around to beating ME2, and I'm going to proceed through my insanity run doing nothing but renegade.

Before I start it, can anyone confirm to me what decisions can be made from me2 that will affect anything in me3? Spoiler free please, I just want what decisions will show up in number 3 so I can make sure I get the one I want.

Every living squadmate returns in 3, including Zaeed and Kasumi. If they're dead, someone either fills their role in the game OR they don't appear at all. I recommend keeping everyone alive, because usually, the replacements are quite dry.

The choices in some DLC matters. The choice at the end of Overlord is reflected, the results of the Shadow Broker are mentioned quite frequently, and the events of Arrival are only mentioned if you completed it. Firewalker is nowhere to be seen.

The choice made at the end of Legion's loyalty mission is important (rewrite or kill the heretics), as does the choice at the end of Tali's (whether she was exiled or not).
The choice made at the end of Mordin's loyalty mission has a side effect.

Unfortunately, the choice at the end, dealing with saving or destroying the Collector base, has a minimal/negligible effect.

That's all I can think of.

Kurtofan

Every living squadmate returns in 3, including Zaeed and Kasumi. If they're dead, someone either fills their role in the game OR they don't appear at all. I recommend keeping everyone alive, because usually, the replacements are quite dry.

The choices in some DLC matters. The choice at the end of Overlord is reflected, the results of the Shadow Broker are mentioned quite frequently, and the events of Arrival are only mentioned if you completed it. Firewalker is nowhere to be seen.

The choice made at the end of Legion's loyalty mission is important (rewrite or kill the heretics), as does the choice at the end of Tali's (whether she was exiled or not).

The choice of Mordin's loyalty mission is important too

rififi

I started playing ME1 again . . . . . . and it looks like ass, plus it is weird having to wait 30-60 seconds for a specific power to recharge.

I never noticed it before, but ME3's graphics are such a huge improvement, just small differences like the shaders on the armor, lighting, and the amount of objects placed in a level. The Normandy looks so much better with the added details, cutscenes, skyboxes, the presidium and citadel wards backdrop are not even comparable.
Plus armor customization is better (the human armor choices in ME1 are ugly).
Leveling and weapon upgrade system in ME3 is definitely better (although with less options), and having weapon encumbrance affect power regeneration is a better than having to put points into a specific weapon class.

However, the levels in ME1 feel much more open, combat is slower allowing more strategical decisions (not much though), and there are definitely far more dialogue options (which aren't just paragon vs renegade) compared to ME3.

From a level design perspective, ME3 doesn't do as good a job.

Nori Chan

The choice made at the end of Mordin's loyalty mission has a side effect.

Unfortunately, the choice at the end, dealing with saving or destroying the Collector base, has a minimal/negligible effect.

All right, thank you for that. I'm going to see if I can get 100% on everything here before I start me3.

Nohar

Hmmm... I'm not sure if it was already posted or not, but since I'm not going to set my feet in the spoiler thread :
- Rumor : DLC ending due for April. Since it's a rumor, well, you know what that means.
- There is a deleted scene about Garrus and Liara that you can find on Youtube here. WARNING : High-spoileric content, do not watch if you didn't finish ME3 (by the way, the title of the video itself is a spoiler, so once again, click on this at your own risks).
- A fan wants the ending of ME3 to be changed so badly that he has taken his complaint to the Federal Trade Commission. It might be interesting to see what will happen (if something happens at all of course). He may be overreacting a little...

Edition : Oh, and take a look at this : http://www.me3finalhours.com/
It's basically a making-of... However, take a look at this:

In The Final Hours, BioWare reveals:

Details on how the plot of Mass Effect 3 changed throughout production, including the removal of a key character.

... Hmmm...

thetechkid

Just finished Tuchanka and I got two things to say
god dam Mordin you crazy bastard
and
I'm gald that kid died because those dream sequences are fucking retarded and ruin the mood after the Mordin's awesome scene.

Nori Chan

Oh, another question. Since my Shep is a renegade, will his facial scars show up in number 3 when I import him? And would I get a chance to fix it in number 3?

So I finally finished the game, and was a little surprised to find THAT was the ending that pissed so many people off.

Now, I think it could have been executed better, but the general idea of it seemed rather obvious to me from the moment
You speak to the Reaper on Rannoch, just before it dies. Where it talks of how the Reapers are necessary for organic life to continue. It seemed obvious that there were forces in play that created the Reapers to that end, and that cycle of life and death was immutable.

Massa

I remember listening to a podcast where they mention the side quests can't be completed if you don't get to them in time. This is killing me as I'm playing the game.

Is there any way to make sure I don't lose the ability to complete the side quests I pick up? I've played about 10 hours, and just
rescued Eve from the Salarian homeworld

Robot Pants

So I finally finished the game, and was a little surprised to find THAT was the ending that pissed so many people off.

Now, I think it could have been executed better, but the general idea of it seemed rather obvious to me from the moment
You speak to the Reaper on Rannoch, just before it dies. Where it talks of how the Reapers are necessary for organic life to continue. It seemed obvious that there were forces in play that created the Reapers to that end, and that cycle of life and death was immutable.

Give it some time, man.

hateradio

The Most Dangerous Yes Man
Hmmm... I'm not sure if it was already posted or not, but since I'm not going to set my feet in the spoiler thread :
- Rumor : DLC ending due for April. Since it's a rumor, well, you know what that means.
That rumor is from 4chan.

Oh, and take a look at this : http://www.me3finalhours.com/
It's basically a making-of... However, take a look at this:

... Hmmm...
The Final Hours are actually a lot more disappointing than what you make it out to be. :p

It just proves that they didn't have a real ending set (only vague notions, eg "Matrix 1 ending") and wanted everyone to speculate on it for speculation's sake. They removed key elements simply because of that.

Top Bottom