• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 3 |OT| Space Jesus Returns (tag all spoilers)

DTKT

You don't do anything because this preorder junk is so bland most people won't notice or care.

Also I can't believe you guys think that the game "leaked" and that there are "spoilers" out there, I have long since dismissed these claims.

What, why? Games always leak before the release date. There is even around 100-120 advance copies in the wild. The spoilers are probably true.

Wiggum2007

Y'know I bet whichever dude's idea it was to unthaw and reactivate the frozen charon relay 30 years ago or whatever, is totally facepalming as those reapers come down.

CrazyDude

I feel bad for that bird race that was just discovered.

"Welcome to the Galactic Community."

"Oh shit, a race of machines have come to wipe us all out."

Speaking of those bird dudes, one of my favorite areas of ME lore are all the historical races that the Council species have little information on. I like reading up on them and speculating as to which might have been victims of the Reaper cycle and which were just idiots.

Xamdou

So I tried to change my shipping from ground shipping (2-4 days) to release day delivery and origin customer service said they couldn't do it. Last time I am pre-ordering from origin.

What, why? Games always leak before the release date. There is even around 100-120 advance copies in the wild. The spoilers are probably true.

"Advanced copies" HA! Also dismissed.

30367.gif

Wonder who killed these guys off if the Reapers indeed don't bother with pre-space faring planets:
Fossil evidence shows abundant vertebrates and evidence of a sapient terrestrial avian species in its Bronze Age. However, the only trace of contemporary life on the planet is that of single-celled organisms in its seas. All else has suffered from an extinction event - a series of massive impacts that vaporized vast quantities of water and lofted dust into its atmosphere. Early theories that this event was a collision with a fragmenting asteroid have now been discounted - the impact craters were aimed directly at habitation centers.

Enduin

No bald cap? Lies!
You don't do anything because this preorder junk is so bland most people won't notice or care.

Also I can't believe you guys think that the game "leaked" and that there are "spoilers" out there, I have long since dismissed these claims.

Ehh for most games Id agree, especially stuff like DA and other more loot based RPGs, but in ME series theres only a few weapons choices so every addition is pretty big. With preorder bonuses, Retailer specifics and CE versions theres like 8 or 9 additional weapons and a couple new armor sets. Thats about a 20-25% increase in weapon variety for ME3, not exactly minor.

rozay

Banned
OK so apparently the digital deluxe editions don't have the "From Ashes" DLC, only the collectors edition. I wish I knew that before I ordered.
Send a message to EA support and verify if you haven't already done so. That's incredibly fucked up of them to still charge $80 =__=

edit: oh my god it actually doesn't. If you're in the USA, grab it from amazon because they'll throw it in for you http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0064TYRAU/?tag=neogaf0e-20

are you going to defend this too HP_Wuvcraft?

From Amazon description:
It's mentioned with $10 credit and the Argus rifle as pre-order incentives and NOT in the item description on amazon or origin.

CAW

rozay

Banned
I don't know how to link to individual tweets, so I'll just link his account and quote:

https://twitter.com/#!/gamblemike

edit: another post here: http://social.bioware.com/forum/Mas...-edition---From-Ashes-included-9540997-1.html

I pre-ordered the DE last night, total price was $90.39, it damn well better come with the DLC!
It might be a USA only thing though. It looks like the phrase "downloadable squadmate and mission" are only appearing in certain countries and the CS people are claiming it won't come with it in a country that doesn't have it listed :T

Ehh for most games Id agree, especially stuff like DA and other more loot based RPGs, but in ME series theres only a few weapons choices so every addition is pretty big. With preorder bonuses, Retailer specifics and CE versions theres like 8 or 9 additional weapons and a couple new armor sets. Thats about a 20-25% increase in weapon variety for ME3, not exactly minor.

Exactly, the stuff for ME2 stood out with either iron man armor or the terminus set that were very distinct things that could be advertised. This new stuff is just "N7 gear" the type of stuff you would expect to be in the game already. I'm sure they have really great stats in-game but in a commercial or advertisement it just looks dumb.

CAW

Hmmm, I'll have to contact CS then and find out for sure. I'm in Ontario, Canada.
GSR said:
God damn, hombre. Are you in the US? Because if you are, Amazon's got it for $80 with a $10 credit.
I tired. Sadly their download service is only available in the US, and they were sold out of physical CE's. :(

rozay

Banned
Hmmm, I'll have to contact CS then and find out for sure. I'm in Ontario, Canada.

I tired. Sadly their download service is only available in the US, and they were sold out of physical CE's. :(
If you've got twitter, tweet Michael Gamble, Chris Priestly, and the masseffect twitter if you don't get the answer you want from origin support and they might be able to check for you as well.

DTKT

If you've got twitter, tweet Michael Gamble, Chris Priestly, and the masseffect twitter if you don't get the answer you want from origin support and they might be able to check for you as well.

Also, don't trust the Origin support. It's outsourced and 90% of the time, they just want to give you the answer you want to hear.

CAW

Tweet sent. Hopefully I'll get a response. I know a lot of people are asking the question in general, but I asked if this offer is also included in the Canadian version. I mean it should be, normally the North American versions are identical, however I just checked the actual store page on Origin and here is what it shows:

Get the ultimate Mass Effect 3 experience with the N7 Digital Deluxe Edition! This limited package includes:

• 70-page digital art book featuring hundreds of unique and gorgeous illustrations from the BioWare development team.
• Limited edition digital Mass Effect comic by Dark Horse Comics, complete with unique cover artwork.
• Exclusive 4x6 lithographic digital print featuring a one-of-a-kind piece of artwork.

A full collection of in-game content:

• N7 Arsenal Pack – Bring the firepower with the N7 Sniper Rifle, Shotgun, SMG, and Pistol.
• Access to an additional downloadable mission and character
• Mechdog Companion – A faithful sidekick to keep you company on board the Normandy.
• Squadmate Alternate Outfit Pack – New appearances for your favorite squad members.
• N7 Hoodie – For Commander Shepard’s casual days on board the Normandy.
• Relive all the greatest moments of Mass Effect 3 with the digital soundtrack.
• Display your initiation in the N7 ranks with a collection of forum and social badges, avatars, and perks.

Sadly, no mention of the From Ashes DLC.

edit: Oh. I just realized it might actually be in there under "access to an additional downloadable mission and character".

edit 2: beaten, blah

Tweet sent. Hopefully I'll get a response. I know a lot of people are asking the question in general, but I asked if this offer is also included in the Canadian version. I mean it should be, normally the North American versions are identical, however I just checked the actual store page on Origin and here is what it shows:

Sadly, no mention of the From Ashes DLC.

Uh..
• Access to an additional downloadable mission and character

Sober

Ontario here too, just cheese amazon and use any US address as your billing.

MBison

I feel stupid for not preordering the CE at Amazon. Gonna hit Walmart at midnight and if that fails, Best Buy and Target in the morning. Ugh I want the CE.

CAW

Ontario here too, just cheese amazon and use any US address as your billing.

I really need to search this kind of thing before buying, dammit! Ah well, I guess I technically could just cancel my pre-order through Origin.

I'm guessing Amazon.com doesn't charge taxes? Origin taxes on the game was $10.40.

Megasoum

Banned
Not that it's any confirmation for ME3 but I remember having the same issue with the Battlefield 3 day 1 dlc (the physical warfare pack and the token for back to karkand). Some places said US only and some didn't specify.

I asked Origin customer support twice, one said I would get it and the other said I wouldn't.

I ended up getting everything that was announced on Origin. I think they just consider Canada part of the US (uuugghhhhh.....)

Ephemeris

I feel stupid for not preordering the CE at Amazon. Gonna hit Walmart at midnight and if that fails, Best Buy and Target in the morning. Ugh I want the CE.

Pretty solid plan actually.

ME2 launch, i walked into BB and saw them on the shelf.

Sober

I really need to search this kind of thing before buying, dammit! Ah well, I guess I technically could just cancel my pre-order through Origin.

I'm guessing Amazon.com doesn't charge taxes? Origin taxes on the game was $10.40.
I think it might depend on what your billing address is how they determine taxes but yeah, Origin totally charges HST amounts of tax if you buy it from them. I believe you still have to pay the conversion rate to US dollars but never had to pay taxes on DD from amazon.

The game isnt in the piracy scene yet

I just watched one of the endings myself in the way described in this thread (bink video, no sound), so yeah: that confirms it. The game is out there and spoilers are making the rounds.

(one of the youtube comments even mentioned having the link 'shared' with him, so watch out for assholes)

Question.

Im playing ME2 and i just now remembered that i have to download the cerberus network thing to see the comic. How is this going to work now?

Im up to the part where you first get on the normandy.

Question.

Im playing ME2 and i just now remembered that i have to download the cerberus network thing to see the comic. How is this going to work now?

Im up to the part where you first get on the normandy.
If I remember right, it defaults to all of the bad choices from the first game because it's easier to carry over that way.

Nori Chan

i would ditch class for this game, only one, but i have a dream journal due that day

that is filled with miranda...I mean what?

If I remember right, it defaults to all of the bad choices from the first game because it's easier to carry over that way.

So is it better to just start over?

Are you saying if i download it now it won't matter? Im about 2 hours into the game.

Edit- To be more clear, im not asking how the comic works, i want to know if its too late to do it since im already far in the game.

Nori Chan

i know that feel bro

I'm gonna hit Target first, probably may not have it but it doesn't work. Then I'll book it to Best Buy. Won't even bother calling them up...rather be disappointed at the register :(

shamanick

Are you saying if i download it now it won't matter? Im about 2 hours into the game.

Edit- To be more clear, im not asking how the comic works, i want to know if its too late to do it since im already far in the game.

You're too late. The comic is right after the (late) title card, before the Cerberus station intro mission.

rozay

Banned

It's not that far, an hour and a half at most? I would just restart.

Top Bottom