• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 3 |OT| Space Jesus Returns (tag all spoilers)

Sai

Do "all choices" have any effect on anything gamewise, or is it just dialogue?
Again, based on ME2, it might be a lot of dialouge related stuff. But if I remember correctly, a lot of choices you made in ME that weren't fleshed out in ME2, are supposed to come to a head in ME3.

You would lose out on the Level/EXP bonuses you'd normally get from importing, which would allow you to start at Lv30, and is the only way to reach Lv60 besides doing a New Game+ in ME3. I'm sure there'll be some Morality Point bonuses as well.

spekkeh

Banned
@ the OT...and to NeoGAF Mods. I don't understand why it's okay to speak disgracefully about religious faiths and personages on NeoGAF, but speaking disgracefully against homosexuals is bannable. Seems just as wrong to me. Just as much as I disagree with negative comments about one, I disagree with negative comments about the other.

Can't we keep our prejudices and disrespects out of the topics please? Respect people's beliefs whether they are homosexual or Christian. Both are equally offensive to the offended.

The main difference naturally is that homosexuality is not a belief. Aside from the fact that "Space Jesus" is mocking Mass Effect, not Jesus, of course.

Kem0sabe

I was speaking of course about the console versions.

But even then, ME sucks with keyboard and mouse. It's a series meant for a controller.

Shame it doesn't have controller support.

IF the game supported proper bey bindings and scroll wheel it would be better played with a kb/m than with a gamepad, for me at least...

Then again, pc performance and graphical fidelity have blown away the console versions in the previous games.

jgminto

Just played through the demo again. Was trying a higher difficulty and discovered if the
female krogan
took more damage the dialogue would change. Were there any instances of that in the previous games?

Replicant

Does anyone know what are the advantages of having ME2 save versus starting fresh? I have 3 different Mass Effect 2 saves but I do wonder if I should at least try 1 fresh game.

Does anyone know what are the advantages of having ME2 save versus starting fresh? I have 3 different Mass Effect 2 saves but I do wonder if I should at least try 1 fresh game.

I'm going to be import my Perfect Game and my Everybody Dies.

No idea on the bonus stuff.

Just played through the demo again. Was trying a higher difficulty and discovered if the
female krogan
took more damage the dialogue would change. Were there any instances of that in the previous games?

I noticed that too. Only instance that comes to mind is when you recruit Garrus, he says something based on how much damage he's taken.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Just spent far longer than I dare mention meticulously rebuilding my FemShep's face in the ME2 editor to create an accurate face code, since ME1 imports don't actually generate one ever. I used a web script to generate a base code but it still looked off, but after much time screen capping from numerous angles I managed to get it almost perfect.

The only thing I couldn't nail down is the eyes. Weirdly, my ME1 import's eyes are impossible to create in the ME2 editor. Seems like it's just raw data.

Anyway, with a code I was happy with I plopped it into the ME3 demo. Eyebrows came out the wrong colour, but everything else is about as close as I'll get.

1wru1x.jpg

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Not a final copy of the game, no, so no use of an official import feature. Just how my ME2 face code (once I worked it out) turns out in ME3.

Just spent far longer than I dare mention meticulously rebuilding my FemShep's face in the ME2 editor to create an accurate face code, since ME1 imports don't actually generate one ever. I used a web script to generate a base code but it still looked off, but after much time screen capping from numerous angles I managed to get it almost perfect.

The only thing I couldn't nail down is the eyes. Weirdly, my ME1 import's eyes are impossible to create in the ME2 editor. Seems like it's just raw data.

Anyway, with a code I was happy with I plopped it into the ME3 demo. Eyebrows came out the wrong colour, but everything else is about as close as I'll get.

1wru1x.jpg

Keddy Shepard came out perfect minus his emo hairstyle. So I just shaved it off. I figured that his hair had not fully grown back yet.

In ME3, I'm going to age him, as if Lazarus finally got rejected from his sytem. Old man sidehair and gruff.

I'm a total nerd, I know.

(I assume Kyrklynn will stay basically the same)

EDIT: I just tried my Obama Shepard. Imported perfectly.

Replicant

Not a final copy of the game, no, so no use of an official import feature. Just how my ME2 face code (once I worked it out) turns out in ME3.

I don't recall of ever seeing a field box where I can enter ME2's character code in ME3 demo. Or is this feature only available on PC demo? My demo is PS3.

Probably his nephew!

I think its like this:

If Mordin suvives, he will do the job.
If Mordin dies, the guy from his companion quests will do the job.
If Mordin and the guy died, his assistance from the recruitment mission will do the job.

With some changes to the facts if you deleted or kept the informations about the krogan from the companion quest.

ced

I give Bioware a lot of shit here, and it's well deserved but I do love me some Mass Effect, can't wait.

Has Mordin's voice actor changed? I've been on somewhat of a blackout.

Sounded pretty much the same to me in the demo. If he's a replacement, he's doing a damn good impression.

I think way back when the Mordin section was first showcased the actor hadn't recorded his lines yet.

Megasoum

Banned
Two questions:

1-Anybody heard anything about the Origin pre-load? It's about time now I guess...

2-Anybody know how you will buy the DLC on PC? For ME2 you had to buy it on the bioware website but now that Origin officialy support DLC (since the last update) I wonder if the ME3 DLC will go through that instead. I can't find any traces of the From Ashes DLC anywhere. Since it's Day 1 it should be on the store by now IMO...

Two questions:

1-Anybody heard anything about the Origin pre-load? It's about time now I guess...

2-Anybody know how you will buy the DLC on PC? For ME2 you had to buy it on the bioware website but now that Origin officialy support DLC (since the last update) I wonder if the ME3 DLC will go through that instead. I can't find any traces of the From Ashes DLC anywhere. Since it's Day 1 it should be on the store by now IMO...

1) Happening tomorrow as far as I know. (Somebody said it on here, not excactly concrete evidence)

2) I'm guessing Origin store.

Has Mordin's voice actor changed? I've been on somewhat of a blackout.

Yeah, they recast the role. Very very disappointing as Michael Beattie did a superb job.

Bioware sure have been quiet on the subject, but I really am confused over why they wouldn't even contact Beattie over reprising the role for one of the most popular characters. The only conclusion that makes any sense given the budget of ME3, that Mordin seems to be the only role that was recast, and Beattie's own repeated admissions that he would have loved to come back as Mordin again was that he managed to piss off exactly the wrong person at Bioware.

Yeah, they recast the role. Very very disappointing as Michael Beattie did a superb job.

Bioware sure have been quiet on the subject, but I really am confused over why they wouldn't even contact Beattie over reprising the role for one of the most popular characters.

The fuck? Well ME3 IS RUINED FOR ME.

... not really, but Mordin was one of my favourite characters in ME2, so it's a bit of a bummer. And rewatching demo footage now, I can totally tell. The impression's pretty good though. Certainly better than Dan Akroyd Genie and whoever the hell does the Muppets these days.

thekad

Banned
Yeah, thought so. In the demo, it sounds like someone doing a Mordin impression. Mordin actually had emotion in his voice in ME2.

Kem0sabe

Gaf, be careful.

Spoilers everywhere.

Define everywhere? the spoiler marked bioware forums? The spoiler marked subreddits? the spoiler marked posts over here in Gaf? the youtube videos with "mass effect 3 ending" in their title?

People who don´t want to be spoilered are only spoiled by their own idiocy.

Define everywhere? the spoiler marked bioware forums? The spoiler marked subreddits? the spoiler marked posts over here in Gaf? the youtube videos with "mass effect 3 ending" in their title?

How is people in this thread randomly posting spoilery in game screenshots and trolls posting the ending on ME3's Facebook page someone's own idiocy?

Some people actually WANT to spoil this game for us. Some men... just want to watch the world burn.

Zeliard

Are you able to edit saves on PC? Sounds cheap but I'd like to continue my original save game and have Tali, uh, not be dead. :p Not sure if I have a save prior to the suicide mission.

derFeef

What? There are certain gaming sites that put spoiler stuff in their headlines and post images of spoilery things.

Solo

NEVER

Honestly I wouldn't really care except there are like no interesting squad members in ME3 cept Garrus, Tali and that OTHER guy, and who knows when you end up with the latter.

Ashley is all you need. If you disagree, you are RACIST
against racists

NEVER

Honestly I wouldn't really care except there are like no interesting squad members in ME3 cept Garrus, Tali and that OTHER guy, and who knows when you end up with the latter.

I hate Tali. Just thought I'd throw it out there.

I have precisely the opposite problem as you, I was deliberately trying to murder the helmeted little bitch, and instead she survived. Rats.

What? There are certain gaming sites that put spoiler stuff in their headlines and post images of spoilery things.

90% of my gaming news comes from GAF. The other 10% is from Giant Bomb. I feel safe from spoilers on both sites. Of course I don't participate in GB's forums because.... why when I have GAF? As for YouTube, I only view it on my iPhone or iPad where comments are never specially displayed.

Spoiler free is the way to be.

Kem0sabe

How is people in this thread randomly posting spoilery in game screenshots and trolls posting the ending on ME3's Facebook page someone's own idiocy?

Some people actually WANT to spoil this game for us. Some men... just want to watch the world burn.

Depends on what you consider spoilers or not. Some people are prickly to the point of an ingame shot of the option screen is a spoiler... to those i recommend turning off the internet.

Other´s, in which group i would include myself, consider spoilers to be significant ingame event´s. Like who lives, dies, how each story ends.

My comment was directly pertaining to the fact that there were spoilers everywhere... the internet is pretty fucking big. The level of histrionics being displayed by people over at reddit for example, claiming "i will turn off the internet for a week!" is ridiculous.

Top Bottom