• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 3 |OT| Space Jesus Returns (tag all spoilers)

So i started to get more into this today and i'm absolutely loving the single player stuff BUT

not loving Multiplayer side of things yet

really dont see why they had to put Multiplayer in the 3rd game of the trilogy anyway :-/

There obviously going to do DLC for single player

They should of saved it for what ever spin off that comes next or even ME4 could of just added bunch of more stuff to the single player content .

Zafir

I remember listening to a podcast where they mention the side quests can't be completed if you don't get to them in time. This is killing me as I'm playing the game.

Is there any way to make sure I don't lose the ability to complete the side quests I pick up? I've played about 10 hours, and just
rescued Eve from the Salarian homeworld
I just did the sidequests as soon as I got them. The exceptions being the random item finding quests you pick up on the citadel. Those you sometimes can't complete until a bit later. For those, just make sure you keep checking new reaper occupied clusters and 100% them as soon as you can.

The first sidequest lockout is after you complete that Krogan arc.

Massa

I just did the sidequests as soon as I got them. The exceptions being the random item finding quests you pick up on the citadel. Those you sometimes can't complete until a bit later. For those, just make sure you keep checking new reaper occupied clusters and 100% them as soon as you can.

The first sidequest lockout is after you complete that Krogan arc.

Cool, thanks.

GSR

Question: I'm at the point of no return. After I start the mission, is there any more time on the Normandy, or am I locked into missions for the rest of the game?

Also, will I have a chance to change my squad layout after
taking out the Cerberus base?

Achtius

Question: I'm at the point of no return. After I start the mission, is there any more time on the Normandy, or am I locked into missions for the rest of the game?

Also, will I have a chance to change my squad layout after
taking out the Cerberus base?

yes

edit: oh opps only saw the last question.

iirc, yes to both

bPod

Just finished Tuchanka and I got two things to say
god dam Mordin you crazy bastard
and
I'm gald that kid died because those dream sequences are fucking retarded and ruin the mood after the Mordin's awesome scene.

I believe I'm half way through the game, but at the end of the Tuchanka mission
Mordin's death hit me hard, I really didn't want him to die
Fuck Bioware!

My brother spoiled the game to me so I watched the endings and all I have to say

I'm Commander Sheperd and this is not my game of the year!

Epic failure, Bioware!

AColdDay

I just helped the migrant fleet and saved
Legion
. Now I want to talk to him, but I can't find him on the Normandy. I have overheard a conversation he and EDI have, so I know he is on the ship somewhere. Can anyone help me out?

hateradio

The Most Dangerous Yes Man
Legion
. Now I want to talk to him, but I can't find him on the Normandy. I have overheard a conversation he and EDI have, so I know he is on the ship somewhere. Can anyone help me out?
Look at the map?

Zerokku

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?
Legion

Hes near the broadcast room in the war room. Its kind of dark though so you probably just missed him.

So I just took down the
Reaper on the Quarian/Geth home world, and I have to make the decision about uploading the code. I chose yes, but now I have four dialogue options. Rally the Fleet, Warn the Fleet, Stop the Upload, Warn Legion.
I'm not quite sure what the consequences of this decision are and what I want to do. Can anyone elaborate? I don't want to do something I don't mean to do here.

Wray

I'm sure this has been asked before, but do I absolutely need to play Mass Effect 1 and 2 before playing 3? I tried the demo and it liked it alot and want to play it, but I never played the first two.

Also, about how long are 1 and 2 if I just do a straight playthrough for the story?

So I just took down the
Reaper on the Quarian/Geth home world, and I have to make the decision about uploading the code. I chose yes, but now I have four dialogue options. Rally the Fleet, Warn the Fleet, Stop the Upload, Warn Legion.
I'm not quite sure what the consequences of this decision are and what I want to do. Can anyone elaborate? I don't want to do something I don't mean to do here.

apply normal rules. it's awkwardly phrased, but it's still the same.

Yeah, Bioware doesn't own a dictionary, but red/blue is the way to go, depending on your character. Definitely the way to go in that particular moment, unless you are playing a horrible asshole Shepard on purpose. In that case you can go with white.

I'm sure this has been asked before, but do I absolutely need to play Mass Effect 1 and 2 before playing 3? I tried the demo and it liked it alot and want to play it, but I never played the first two.

Also, about how long are 1 and 2 if I just do a straight playthrough for the story?

Straight Story probably about 20 hours each. Much quicker for 1 if you really rush through it.
Better to play all three. If you don't want to do that, I would read a synopsis for each, and then download a save file you can import to align with your type of character- Good guy Paragon, Asshole Renegade. I personally feel you get the most out of a Paragon character.

Shepard

Yeah, Bioware doesn't own a dictionary, but red/blue is the way to go, depending on your character. Definitely the way to go in that particular moment, unless you are playing a horrible asshole Shepard on purpose. In that case you can go with white.
wrooong.
red shepard
is dumb shepard.

Damm. forgot this isn't the spoiler thread.

So I just took down the

Why the crap didn't I get all of those those options :/

Why the crap didn't I get all of those those options :/

There is a chart, going back to ME2. You earn points. 5-7 gives you that option. 4 or less you don't get red/blue. You can't earn five in ME3, so you have to have points from ME2.
Two points are available in ME3, so you need 3 from ME2.

Points from
Getting Tali an exoneration, destroying heretic Geth, making peace b/w Tali and Legion, and from ME3- save the Admiral, do the Geth virtual mission

I hope you start with 3 points if you don't import a game, or that is a fucked up situation on your hands.

Eusis

Finally finished it about two minutes ago. Holy shit GAF over hyped the ending to a ludicrous degree. It's really not that bad at all. In fact, I actually liked it. What's everyone moaning about? It's a bit out there but my mind had conjured up a million worse possible endings. Gonna go check out the spoiler thread and look at all the rabid Bioware hate.
Beyond the point that
they're all essentially the same
I also think it depends on which you choose.
I could definitely see thinking it was OK albeit underwhelming with control/destroy, but I choose synthesis and was stupefied at how the change was represented with circuitry on everything. Nevermind that the very concept is ridiculous, it's why everyone calls it "space magic" when that isn't really appropriate for control or destroy.

There is a chart, going back to ME2. You earn points. 5-7 gives you that option. 4 or less you don't get red/blue. You can't earn five in ME3, so you have to have points from ME2.

Points from
Getting Tali an exoneration, destroying heretic Geth, making peace b/w Tali and Legion, and from ME3- save the Admiral, do the Geth virtual mission

I hope you start with 3 points if you don't import a game, or that is a fucked up situation on your hands.

Damn it. I must have loaded form a second or third rushed playthrough :9

CushVA

Just the story? 20 or so hours, took me 35 or so to do everything (in both games)

Do it for Oenomaus :)

Points from

That was probably the coolest part of the game, how much that moment depends on if you've been able to mostly do the right thing and keep the peace between them in the previous games. Wonder how many people get fucked over by
saving the admiral's crew instead of the admiral himself, as he urged you to do. Since that's probably more the "paragon" option. But I figured keeping the only sane Quarian government official other than Tali alive would be an important thing so I wasn't fooled.

gdt

Mass Effect games always take a long time for me.

ME2 (with all DLC and everything completed with all survivors) took me 53 hours (saw it again when I imported).

I just saved
The Citadel from Cerberus
and I'm at 28 hours. How much game is left? Got a shitton on new sidequests from exploring after that mission. And talking to peeps on the ship.

Mass Effect games always take a long time for me.

ME2 (with all DLC and everything completed with all survivors) took me 53 hours (saw it again when I imported).

I just saved
The Citadel from Cerberus
and I'm at 28 hours. How much game is left? Got a shitton on new sidequests from exploring after that mission. And talking to peeps on the ship.

You're about 40% I'd say.

Although there's a ton of sidequests right after where you are, but then they die down and never really pop back up.

Flunkie

Banned
So multiplayer is pleasantly satisfying. Only thing that does not gel with me is consumables. I hate consumables. I always feel like I have to save it all and never end up using it.

Edit: Eh, probably should've posted this in the MP OT.

Romance question:

romance question: I just had the female assistant who used to be Kelly chambers come up to the room and take a shower and my shepherd joined in. I then got the achievement for Paramour. I haven't gotten any scene with liara yet who is the romance option from the first game. Do I still have a chance with liara, or do I need to reload my save and not invite the assistant up to the room

Romance question:

romance question: I just had the female assistant who used to be Kelly chambers come up to the room and take a shower and my shepherd joined in. I then got the achievement for Paramour. I haven't gotten any scene with liara yet who is the romance option from the first game. Do I still have a chance with liara, or do I need to reload my save and not invite the assistant up to the room

She just gets pissy at you for doing it, but that's it. You can continue down the original route anyways.

Ok, so the reporter and James just came to my room as well tonight. Lol.

So, I didn't spoil anything with my original choice? I still get a scene with my original choice?

Replicant

Ok, so the reporter and James just came to my room as well tonight. Lol.

So, I didn't spoil anything with my original choice? I still get a scene with my original choice?

James is asexual (or not interested in both male Shep and female Shep) so you don't have to worry about him. The reporter, OTOH, is bi, so just be careful and friendzone her if she gets too flirty.

GAF help. I'm currently on the priority mission where
Cerberus is turning people into reaper husks
[/spoilers] I played it and so and so died. Turns out I forgot to talk to her and warn her. So I reloaded an old save and did. She still died. Realized you're suppose to meet her at her apartment. However she isn't there. I also read that you get an email, but I literally have no missions left minus collection missions. If I do those will I return to my ship and get an email. Or am I fucked and need to go back further. Help.

Replicant

GAF help. I'm currently on the priority mission where
Cerberus is turning people into reaper husks
[/spoilers] I played it and so and so died. Turns out I forgot to talk to her and warn her. So I reloaded an old save and did. She still died. Realized you're suppose to meet her at her apartment. However she isn't there. I also read that you get an email, but I literally have no missions left minus collection missions. If I do those will I return to my ship and get an email. Or am I fucked and need to go back further. Help.

It's the 2nd encounter
inside the Spectre office that counts (you need to press on a button to see her hologram). Because it's there that you get to warn her about Kai Leng. This happens after you confront Kai Leng during Citadel raid, IIRC.

It's the 2nd encounter
inside the Spectre office that counts (you need to press on a button to see her hologram). Because it's there that you get to warn her about Kai Leng. This happens after you confront Kai Leng during Citadel raid, IIRC.

I did that. When I arrived she was still injured. Shepards dialog even changed when the video sequence occurred. I cancelled out of the scene because when I finished with the paragon option she still appeared to be passing on.

Edit: she tries to shoot him. That's the scene that occurs. What the fuck is going on. The guy says such and such didn't finish the job.

Edit2: shep says I hope she's prepared. I walk in and so and so is gone with the data. What ami missing?

Witchfinder General

punched Wheelchair Mike
So I just finished up Tuchanka at about 25 hours. How much more of the game is left? I've done every side-quest I could find (I would scour every inch of the Citidel after every mission) but it feels like I haven't done that many missions.

Also, do any more squad members join?

GSR

So I just finished up Tuchanka at about 25 hours. How much more of the game is left? I've done every side-quest I could find (I would scour every inch of the Citidel after every mission) but it feels like I haven't done that many missions.

You've still got a good ways to go, as well as one more party member (and Ash/Kaidan can rejoin the party soon if you want.)

You a little more then halfway through the game. You get two more squad members.

Keep going and beat the level I think you should be fine she shows up near the end.

I did. She was still mortally wounded at the end. Even with Shepard saying I hope she's prepared when viewing the video portion. Then she died. Was I too slow getting to her?

Do I need to go on a fetch quest first and turn something in?

Edit2: I have only met her twice. First was at I believe dock? Second time was via hologram. Isn't there some sort of third meeting? I don't have a full mission to do before the so and so mission. How do I get the email then?

Top Bottom