• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 3 |OT| Space Jesus Returns (tag all spoilers)

Jharp

2. How do I increase galactic readiness? I thought by now (I think about 50% through the game) I would have increased it beyond 50% which it was at the beginning, but nothing yet. I think multiplayer is one way, right? Are there ways in the single player later?

That only goes up with multiplayer. It goes up about 3% for every successful bronze game you complete.

Grisby

2 questions:

1. What is Reputation? I see this in addition to paragon and renegade and don't get it.

2. How do I increase galactic readiness? I thought by now (I think about 50% through the game) I would have increased it beyond 50% which it was at the beginning, but nothing yet. I think multiplayer is one way, right? Are there ways in the single player later?
1. Think of it as your main 'charisma' xp and it can be paragon or renegade flavored.
2. Multiplayer, the IOS game and IOS codex deal. The SP has 'war assets' which are the main thing you need to earn.

1. Think of it as your main 'charisma' xp and it can be paragon or renegade flavored.
2. Multiplayer, the IOS game and IOS codex deal. The SP has 'war assets' which are the main thing you need to earn.

Ok, thought that might be the case for the first. Does anyone know the math for it? Is it like a multiplier? Just curious.

That is kind of annoying about #2. I wish there were ways in SP to up it, though I guess upping your war assets is doing the same.

Oh and another question about weapon upgrades, spoilered just in case
I can only upgrade to level 5, but I saw something about level 10 weapons. Can I upgrade past 5 later in the game?

Ok, thought that might be the case for the first. Does anyone know the math for it? Is it like a multiplier? Just curious.

That is kind of annoying about #2. I wish there were ways in SP to up it, though I guess upping your war assets is doing the same.

Oh and another question about weapon upgrades, spoilered just in case
I can only upgrade to level 5, but I saw something about level 10 weapons. Can I upgrade past 5 later in the game?

Only on NG+

Hey GAF, with all the ME3 talk, I really wanted to get into the series, and having the first and the second one sitting on my shelf for far too long, I figured could just begin with the first one and then have a happy ride till I get the third one. But my problem is, I don't have fun with it.

I arrived on Feros, with a soldier-class Shepard lvl 9, and I find the battles completely dull, uninteresting, and frustrating (seriously, I must've did the same segment 20 times over, maybe I'm just not good, ha ha), and I've lost all interest in the story.

So my question is, what should I do ? Should I try to persevere that way, or reset the game and begin a new career with an other class, or should I before abandonning the series just skip straight to the second one that is, as I've been told, better ?

Patryn

Hey GAF, with all the ME3 talk, I really wanted to get into the series, and having the first and the second one sitting on my shelf for far too long, I figured could just begin with the first one and then have a happy ride till I get the third one. But my problem is, I don't have fun with it.

I arrived on Feros, with a soldier-class Shepard lvl 9, and I find the battles completely dull, uninteresting, and frustrating (seriously, I must've did the same segment 20 times over, maybe I'm just not good, ha ha), and I've lost all interest in the story.

So my question is, what should I do ? Should I try to persevere that way, or reset the game and begin a new career with an other class, or should I before abandonning the series just skip straight to the second one that is, as I've been told, better ?

Jump to ME2 and use the comic to set your choices. If you don't enjoy that, then the series isn't for you.

Seriously, ME1 is very different from ME2 and ME3. That's good for some people, and unfortunate for others like me who preferred it.

pringles

Just got 'control' of the Normandy for the first time, after being on the Citadel. Really liking the redesigned parts of the Normandy, although I think they could have changed more parts. The new areas have a lot more personality and detail to them than the old ones.

Had to replay the first 2 hours or so because I started realizing my Shephard didn't really import well from ME2. She looked weird in most situations, so I had to redesign her a little bit. Now I think she looks great, but maybe not quite as good as she did in ME2.

Two of her in ME2 and one in ME3:
IMG_0293.jpg
IMG_0294.jpg
IMG_0302.jpg

Here is a comparison in ME3, straight import on the left and after I did some changes to the right. It's one of the more flattering photos too, she looked bad most of the time.

Playing as a Vanguard and love every minute of the game so far. The writing and voice-acting both seem a step up from ME2. I actually find myself skipping very few lines of dialogue, something I did all the time in 2.

Graphics are amazing too.

Dartastic

What's the best squad to take on the final mission? Does it matter and can other weird things happen if I take different people? Also, for some reason my downloadable content did not show up. I'm irritated

MIKEAL

Banned
What's the best squad to take on the final mission? Does it matter and can other weird things happen if I take different people? Also, for some reason my downloadable content did not show up. I'm irritated

there is no 'best' squad, the ending is......sighhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Eusis

Take whatever works for (this should be obvious)
fights against Husks, that's all you'd really need.

i-Lo

This post is just about criticism of the game so far (I have yet to finish the game):

Big one: The journal entry has been oversimplified. It becomes increasingly annoying when you have multiple side missions pertaining mainly to fetch quests. You acquire multiple objects in a given time span and then because there is neither a sub-menu for the journal entry pointing to a completion of a part of the entire task nor an inventory system, there is no way to ensure which item corresponds to which fetch quest.

Small/Minor ones:

1. Rare drop outs of dialogue clips.

2. Clipping during some cinematic sequences.

3. Frame rate issues in the citadel (you know which part I am on about).

4. The utilization of a single button for 3 purposes sometimes leads to unexpected and unwanted results, especially during a frantic battles.

Now, this isn't exactly a criticism per se, but with regards to consummation,
the animations have been nerfed substantially to the point where it looks like a weird form grinding dance
. I mean they don't even show, kisses. Yay! Violence is bread and butter but showing off intimate affection... nooooo that's still a taboo.

PS: Still enjoying the game and MP is strangely addictive.

gdt

Daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaamn. The scene with
Shepard and Garrus hanging out on the Citadel
might be the GOAT. Man-bro tears. God fucking dammit ;_;. I love this series.

REV 09

finished. no spoilers. after initially being disappointed with the limited role of ME2 party members i grew to like the squad that you were given. I also like the way the dialogue works between the party members on the Normandy. I guess having fewer members allowed them to have more interactions between them.

Side missions were the low point, but there were enough main missions to satisfy. I also thought that the main missions were probably the best that the series has to offer. Overall, on balance this is the best ME game...but each game excels at different things.

Ending. After a lot of hype and hate...it was fine. The build up is epic as hell...seriously great stuff. A little weird for a few minutes but ultimately fine and i'm already growing to like parts of the ending.

playing around with the final hours app.

54% of people imported from ME1 on 360 while 87.2% of people have customized faces. A lot of fury about not being able to import faces I bet.

65% played soldier in ME3? It's like playing a storm trooper when you could play as Jedi.

playing around with the final hours app.

54% of people imported from ME1 on 360 while 87.2% of people have customized faces. A lot of fury about not being able to import faces I bet.

65% played soldier in ME3? It's like playing a storm trooper when you could play as Jedi.

Are you serious? Soldier is a fucking lame-ass class. Vanguard/Adept/Sentinel all the way!

TheMan

Playing the last mission...

jesus christ that damn reaper cannon going off every minute is so damn grating, ugh

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
Really enjoying the game so far. 12 hours in as my imported Femshep Paragon Sentinel. Surprised by how many random cameos and callbacks are popping up(and not the obvious ones).

Hating the sidequest tedium and the loading screens that protract my gametime. Pixel-hunting for conversations and quest possibilities on the Normandy, Citadel, and Galaxy Map has decimated my motivation to replay my Renegade Shepard after my current run. Just terrible.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
vanguard folks. Is it even possible to avoid the '1hit kills' banshees and the space 'ogres' do?

You can get away with charging banshees, but it's pretty risky. A lot of power wheel freezing and scoping the area to charge away. Brutes are super easy to charge, they don't have a one hit kill and only take down the shield(which you should be getting back 100% per charge).

The Ravagers are actually the real threat against Reapers, if you're on a high difficulty and charge something in the open you're going to die if it's in sight.

The poll on the app.

Where should ME go next?

64% ME4

10% MMO

19% Prequel

2% Space Flight Sim

2% RTS

Am proud to be part of the 2% for space sim. Mass Effect: Freelancer.

Is that a recent poll? I didn't think an ME4 was in store.

it's a real time poll in the app. And I assume only the biggest fans would shell out $3 for the app. The ending does setup for potential future games and sequels.

A Kai Leng spin off done by Platinum could be cool though. Rerereaper.

- J - D -

vanguard folks. Is it even possible to avoid the '1hit kills' banshees and the space 'ogres' do?

I was going to say that using Nova immediately after a Charge would help, but I distinctly remember being grabbed out of the animation by a Banshee. Not sure if I'm remembering correctly though.

Like someone else said, rolling your ass out of the danger zone will prevent the insta-kill grab. And then you can fire off a Nova from a safe position right outside.

i-Lo

I have a question regarding the Quarian main quest:

The first time I did it, I accidentally overlooked the side mission that takes place
in the geth virtual world
. So, with regards to the ending of the quarian main quest I only got two options
i.e. let the almost all the quarians die or let all the geth perish
. I did both of them with separate checkpoints and beside the fact that
supporting geth yields more millitary strength numbers, it was very saddening to see that there was no way for a happy ending to it. My heart bled for both.
At least, that is what I think because I didn't do the side quest where
legion acquires new platforms for geth programs

However, now that I have done the side quest and am about to re-embark on doing the main quarian mission again, should I expect any additional choices?

I have a question regarding the Quarian main quest:

The first time I did it, I accidentally overlooked the side mission that takes place
in the geth virtual world
. So, with regards to the ending of the quarian main quest I only got two options
i.e. let the almost all the quarians die or let all the geth perish
. I did both of them with separate checkpoints and beside the fact that
supporting geth yields more millitary strength numbers, it was very saddening to see that there was no way for a happy ending to it. My heart bled for both.
At least, that is what I think because I didn't do the side quest where
legion acquires new platforms for geth programs

However, now that I have done the side quest and am about to re-embark on doing the main quarian mission again, should I expect any additional choices?

There are additional choices. It depends on a bunch of different things (from ME2 and 3), that quest you skipped among them.

it's a real time poll in the app. And I assume only the biggest fans would shell out $3 for the app. The ending does setup for potential future games and sequels.

A Kai Leng spin off done by Platinum could be cool though. Rerereaper.

Which app are you talking about? There's the $7 Infiltrator game, and the free Datapad. I'm confused.

subversus

I've done nothing with my life except eat and fap
Ok, so apparently people are so pissed with the ending that they filled a complaint with FTC. I haven't played the game (WHERE IS THIS DAMN FACE FIX, BIOWARE?!), but I'm really not sure if I have to anymore. Could someone tell me without SPOILERS please, is it an open ending and we have to wait for real ending as DLC or is this just a shit ending?

Najaf

Ok, so apparently people are so pissed with the ending that they filled a complaint with FTC. I haven't played the game (WHERE IS THIS DAMN FACE FIX, BIOWARE?!), but I'm really not sure if I have to anymore. Could someone tell me without SPOILERS please, is it an open ending and we have to wait for real ending as DLC or is this just a shit ending?

Shit ending that leaves no real room to maneuver into a better position. (without a saw and some strong glue)

Dresden

The game is great, it's just the last four minutes of the ending that really fucks it up.

The real solution is to just shut down the game at a certain point in the end.

Lucius86

Banned

Shit ending with plot holes, no closure for many of the team, too familiar to previous big games, the way the medium was told was totally against the way the ME games have worked to that point, new concept that came out of nowhere with no story-telling links from any of the previous games, slapped in the face by a message saying there will be DLC.

Top Bottom