• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 3 |OT| Space Jesus Returns (tag all spoilers)

I did. She was still mortally wounded at the end. Even with Shepard saying I hope she's prepared when viewing the video portion. Then she died. Was I too slow getting to her?

Do I need to go on a fetch quest first and turn something in?

Edit2: I have only met her twice. First was at I believe dock? Second time was via hologram. Isn't there some sort of third meeting? I don't have a full mission to do before the so and so mission. How do I get the email then?

If you warned her about Kai Leng she would live.

Like, during the confrontation with her father, the game would acknowledge that you warned her about him by saying something to the effect of "luckily I had a few tricks of my own." If she said that then the game should've recognized that you warned her about it and let her live.

Or it could be that you didn't do Miranda's loyalty mission in ME2. Who knows?

Fuck, forgot the spoiler tags.

thetechkid

About the Citadel mission
Why am I saving these people who never listen to me from the Raiden ripoff? Also shooting Udina was the easiest choice of all the games.

hateradio

The Most Dangerous Yes Man
Oh so it's basically useless to buy the medbay upgrade to fix it?
It's up to you if you want to do that. Does using it cost elements? If so, none of the elements transfer to this game. I don't think cash imports either, but I can't remember.

McNum

So in my continuing effort to pimp my Vanguard for single payer, I've just learned that I can use some assault rifles with little to no penalty if that's all I carry. But I still haven't found a good sidearm... All I want is something that can handle Atlases, Banshees, and Harvesters from range. Half considering just taking along a sniper rifle at this point, if they weren't so heavy. But a Mantis V could perhaps cover all the needs. With the Inferno armor, a little recharge penalty doesn't matter. I've pretty much tried any kind of weapon except sniper rifles at this point. Really, my best sidearm at the moment is Garrus. Set him to use his rifle, then point at the thing that needs to die. But I used Garrus for most of my previous game, so I'd like to hear someone else's opinions on the missions now.

Also, I am no using Stasis Bubble much, if at all, so I should probably respec my bonus power. Preferably to something good against Armor. In ME2 I used Reave, and I just unlocked that one, so maybe again?

- J - D -

ME1 - 46 hours
ME2 - 38 hours (5 dlc missions playtime included)
ME3 - 35 hours (From Ashes included)

Thats how long it took me to complete each. Guess that's fairly consistent. I'm happy. A lot of those hours in ME1 involved me running around lost on side quest worlds.

ME1 - 46 hours
ME2 - 38 hours (5 dlc missions playtime included)
ME3 - 35 hours (From Ashes included)

Thats how long it took me to complete each. Guess that's fairly consistent. I'm happy. A lot of those hours in ME1 involved me running around lost on side quest worlds.

I cheated a little on my last ME1 playthrough and used the wiki to find the unmarked minerals so I didn't have to drive randomly around. My playtimes are hard to measure because I will minimize and the clock will still run.

IF I had to guess I would say I was probably about exactly where your numbers are for completionist runs.

Replicant

I did. She was still mortally wounded at the end. Even with Shepard saying I hope she's prepared when viewing the video portion. Then she died. Was I too slow getting to her?

Do I need to go on a fetch quest first and turn something in?

Edit2: I have only met her twice. First was at I believe dock? Second time was via hologram. Isn't there some sort of third meeting? I don't have a full mission to do before the so and so mission. How do I get the email then?

Did you do her loyalty mission in ME2? Also, you need to
meet her 3 times. The last time inside the apartment in Citadel. I'm not sure if you get the email for this or not. I just happened to see her while I was fucking around in Citadel. I saw her on the map so I visited her. In this scenario, she'll ask for access to Alliance's database. You need to approve it or else she'll die, I think.

Mutombo

Ok folks, I've encountered a bug and I was wondering if I can go around it, because I already reloaded the mission and the bug repeats itself.

It's on the Asari Homeland;

At the beginning of the mission, you walk out of your shuttle and encounter asari. They are fighting and putting up barriers. They ask you to mount a turret. When I mount the turrent and kill everything, nothing happens. When I dismount they tell me to re-mount. When I re-mount nothing happens. SO.. basically, what do I do? Is this a common bug?

Ok folks, I've encountered a bug and I was wondering if I can go around it, because I already reloaded the mission and the bug repeats itself.

It's on the Asari Homeland;

At the beginning of the mission, you walk out of your shuttle and encounter asari. They are fighting and putting up barriers. They ask you to mount a turret. When I mount the turrent and kill everything, nothing happens. When I dismount they tell me to re-mount. When I re-mount nothing happens. SO.. basically, what do I do? Is this a common bug?

Try talking to one of the Commando's that should push the story forward. Since you are early in the mission I suggest restarting it with the DLC squad mate since he has some excellent dialogue that is exclusive to him and expands on the Mass Effect lore in a lot of ways. I promise it is totally worth starting the mission over and bringing him along.

rouken

freaking
grunt
almost got me on that moment he was fighting those rachni
i know wrex is a favorite here but i like him more,
and im totally ready to restart my save if he did die

Mutombo

Try talking to one of the Commando's that should push the story forward. Since you are early in the mission I suggest restarting it with the DLC squad mate since he has some excellent dialogue that is exclusive to him and expands on the Mass Effect lore in a lot of ways. I promise it is totally worth starting the mission over and bringing him along.

Who? What?

I'm in the middle of the game; 'Thessia: Temple approach'. Can't talk to any commando's because they all keep standing in fighting position.

gdt

Well, let me put up some impressions i guess. Keep in mind that i prefer ME2 to ME1 (ending in the later is better though, of course).

Im loving it. ME2 would probably land in my top 5 ever, and im enjoying this just as much if not more. the story and characters are awesome, and so is the atmosphere is desperation. Combat is a good bit better than ME2, to where its really fun for me. Dat Vanguard. My only real complaint from ME2 was the scaled back leveling up system, and they mostly fixed that here. Love the different choices for every power. The weight/cooldown thing is awesome too. It ties something that can be annoying to manage to use of your powers. Great stuff. Looooove the fan service for the fans, music is jaw dropping, visuals are insane, and all the lady butts are delicious. This game....just wow. Could be my favorite game of all time. Lets see how the ending goes, however... (Im on my phone at work, so please excuse any errors)

Jrmint

Anybody else really wish there was an option to ask
Javik
about the creation of the Citadel and the Keepers? It's one of the most interesting parts of ME lore to me.

Kurtofan

Anybody else really wish there was an option to ask
Javik
about the creation of the Citadel and the Keepers? It's one of the most interesting parts of ME lore to me.

Well he was born
late after the Reapers first attacked, so the Citadel was already taken, so he wouldn't be able to know much about it.
He mentionned that the Protheans thought the Inusannon(a species of alien that existed prior to the Prothean cycle) were behind the Relays and the Citadel,similar to how we thought the Relays were Protheans, so they don't know much about it.

mujun

Finished it last night (for the first time). 37 hours or thereabouts. Loved it so much, from start to finish. Definitely on my GOTY list and will more than likely end up being my favorite game in the series. The game really does seem like the culmination of the series in terms of the story and the quality. I'm not sure how I feel about the ending yet, going to think about it a bit more and complete it another couple of times to see how I feel.

Yea that is true, I forgot. Well maybe some insight on the Keepers, I think they're pretty interesting too.

There's an email you get in ME2 from the Salarian who asks you to scan the keepers in the first game that says the Keepers are waiting for singal that been activated before and that they are as old as the Citadel itself. It stands to reason that the Keepers are the first race to be harvested by the Reapers and were subjugated to the same process the Protheans were to turn them into Collectors.

Meier

So I started playing that goofy Galaxy at War to raise my readiness rating but noticed the War Effort map kept saying offline. Do I have to have the online pass for that to affect my readiness rating in the single player game as well?

Anyone? If so, I won't bother babysitting this thing any more. Pretty disgusting that they'd offer no way to raise readiness without paying extra essentially.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
Anybody know definitively the magic number needed for the "best" ending. I'm at that point, and I want to make sure I got in enough MP before moving forward.

Patryn

Anybody know definitively the magic number needed for the "best" ending. I'm at that point, and I want to make sure I got in enough MP before moving forward.

Once again: THERE ISN'T A BEST ENDING. Seriously.

The number needed to obtain all the possible endings is 5000 EMS.

Patryn

...ok....calm down.

Thanks, though?

It's a common refrain from everyone. Everyone figures that the ending that requires the highest EMS is the "best" ending, and it's not, and it's debatable whether it's worth the effort or not.

And given that you can't get 5000 EMS without doing multiplayer or in NG+, it's better that people don't get the idea that they need this amount to get the best ending when the endings are.... well, what they are.

Beat the game, go to the Spoiler thread and it'll make more sense.

Grisby

freaking
grunt
almost got me on that moment he was fighting those rachni
i know wrex is a favorite here but i like him more,
and im totally ready to restart my save if he did die
That was really well done. I wish some of the ending stuff could have been handled as well as that.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
Just started
Thessia
with about 26 1/2 hours playing time. There what...about 3-5 hours of content left I guess?

Krilekk

Banned
Is it just me or does the game keep you in the dark quite often during the sidequests? In various missions it doesn't even tell you where to look for something, you just have to scan the whole galaxy and will eventually get the object you need. It doesn't even tell you where to go after you've done so. Just go find some Salarian on the Citadel. The maps help a bit but even then the sidequests aren't fun in this one so far (I have completed six story missions and a dozen or two sidequests so far).

And then there's stuff like not being able to holster your weapon and having to run around with a ridiculously low FOV. They say it's because of memory restraints, I suppose the truth is they achieve a solid framerate that way (less to render).

Overall the game is pretty much like ME2 but the story is more interesting (the characters are more shallow however). Combat seems to be quite easier, the first two games always gave me a hard time on Insanity, here I am more or less breezing through the game.

Trey

Is it just me or does the game keep you in the dark quite often during the sidequests? In various missions it doesn't even tell you where to look for something, you just have to scan the whole galaxy and will eventually get the object you need. It doesn't even tell you where to go after you've done so. Just go find some Salarian on the Citadel. The maps help a bit but even then the sidequests aren't fun in this one so far (I have completed six story missions and a dozen or two sidequests so far).

And then there's stuff like not being able to holster your weapon and having to run around with a ridiculously low FOV. They say it's because of memory restraints, I suppose the truth is they achieve a solid framerate that way (less to render).

Overall the game is pretty much like ME2 but the story is more interesting (the characters are more shallow however). Combat seems to be quite easier, the first two games always gave me a hard time on Insanity, here I am more or less breezing through the game.

The journal sucks. That's universally agreed upon. I guess Bioware is counting on people to have their formulaic quest initiation and delivery system completely down by now.

Jhoan

I agree that the quest system sucks balls in this game including the Journal which isn't as meticulous as it was in the last two games. It boils down to doing a bunch of meaningless fetch quests for money, a small amount of XP and War Assets. The N7 missions are better I suppose, but it's basically kill stuff, save people, find items, talk, rinse and repeat.

I like to do the fetch quests as soon as I leave The Citadel, so I won't have to worry about it. I seriously hate the Journal problem that always leaves you in the middle of the it so you have to scroll up.

That said, I'm horribly addicted to this game. I absolutely love the character interactions in this game which makes ME3 the funniest and the liveliest one in the series. I always talk to almost every character after every mission to see if they have anything new to say or if they're talking to a crew member.

I did
Tuchanka and spread the real Genophage cure. Mordin's death got me a little misty eyed; he went out like a boss. Met Grunt in the Rachni mission; he was great. Also the Citadel invasion. I shot Udina's ass and wouldn't have hesitated to kill Kaidan too if given the option. Udina deserved to die after being a selfish SOB across all 3 games. I thought he honestly turned over a new leaf. I guess it wasn't mean to be. I'm guessing that if you don't hit the interrupt, Kaidan/Ashley will shoot Udina instead.

Also
Thane's death was pretty sad, but I didn't get misty eyed like I did with Mordin's death because his death was foreshadowed in ME2 and when one talks to him at the Hospital. Still he too went out like a boss. That fight scene with Kai Leng was pulled straight out of a Metal Gear Solid cut scene.

So many cameos. I finally ran into
Balak; I talked him down
as well as
Conrad Verner who's appearance was so random. My initial reaction was WTF? Him leaving afterwards with the chick who worked for Chora's Den in ME1 was cute; her appearance was random too.
I'm seriously disappointed that
Shiala just sends you an e-mail and is a War Asset; that sucks balls. I was expecting a side quest leading to my Shep getting laid by her since she alluded to that in ME2.

The Citadel really opens up after
Cerberus attacks which by the way is my favorite story mission so far next to Tuchanka and Palaven.
Now everyone wants to hang out and talk. I also
recruited Kaidan again after seeing what happened if I let him go. Garrus got disappointed so I loaded up an earlier save and decided to have him back
I think James is a pretty good character despite looking like a 'roid monkey (he reminds me of Brucie from GTA IV ). The problem is I always like rolling with
Garrus
and
Javik
on almost every mission. Still though, I like him.

Wonder how many people get fucked over by
saving the admiral's crew instead of the admiral himself, as he urged you to do. Since that's probably more the "paragon" option. But I figured keeping the only sane Quarian government official other than Tali alive would be an important thing so I wasn't fooled.
It's clearly not the more paragon option, though. I know this because it was on the bottom of the conversation wheel.

Shepard posting time!

My main is sheploo, but I had to change my Adept since I didn't edit him in 2.

fszo2.jpg

Jharp

Just finished it. Great game 90% of the time, but fuck the reaper fight on Rannoch (on Hardcore and Insanity, the beam follows you, and the closer he is, the shorter the split second is that you have to dodge out of the way) and fuck most of the Banshee encounters, and goddammit fuck that ending. But those are my biggest complaints (smaller complaints being the Tali photoshop, and god awful 2D horizon skyboxes on nearly every planet), and overall I loved the experience.

Still my least favorite Mass Effect, with Mass Effect being best, Mass Effect 2 being second best, and so on. Isn't every subsequent release in a series supposed to be better? What the fuck BioWare? Between Mass Effect and Dragon Age, they seem dead set on regressing with each release within a series.

Also, let it be know that Kaidan Alenko loves whiskey shots and steak sammiches. You fuckers that left him to die on Virmire must be feeling pretty sore that you ended up with Jersey Shore'd out Ashley and her dumb baggage. Kaidan confirmed for bro of the year.

2 questions:

1. What is Reputation? I see this in addition to paragon and renegade and don't get it.

2. How do I increase galactic readiness? I thought by now (I think about 50% through the game) I would have increased it beyond 50% which it was at the beginning, but nothing yet. I think multiplayer is one way, right? Are there ways in the single player later?

Top Bottom