• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 3 |OT| Space Jesus Returns (tag all spoilers)

i-Lo

It does actually update during missions. Just view it, start mission, it starts flashing again, view it, get to next objective, it starts flashing again.

So they just took the ME2 code, rammed it in there and then took all the good parts, like actually telling you what the hell you are supposed to do.

This game is so amazing, on so many levels. I would recommend it to all my friends who can get better games at a much lower price anywhere in the world.

10 /10
Totally not sarcasm.

of course it is sarcasm

I find the journal system too gimped (it doesn't tell you when the you achieved the fucking thing you were supposed to) and the lack of an inventory is just criminal. Also, is there a way to just go the top of journal entry instead of having to freaking scroll through old entries to the top. It went from being a minor nuisance to a major one.

I can sense I am getting near the end as I just finished asari's
thessia
mission. So I have enjoyed story and some of the things they do with characters though seen before is far from clichéd. Let's see how I react to the ending.

I wish to honour the hard work and dedication of people who developed the game but certain design oddities pertaining to UI (etc) are more of a devolution than progress.

AColdDay

I know it probably redundant at this point, but you really don't need to bother your readiness does not really effect the endings. That being said if your effectiveness is over 5000 you will have access to all the options at the end. You can raise it and have it apply up to the very last minute.

Which effectiveness needs to be at 5000? The overall effectiveness?

Edit: Overall Military Strength or Effective Military Strength?

MIKEAL

Banned
I've been playing it recently and it's a much more ambitious game than 3 and especially 2.

You remember that beginning base in Noveria? There's like 4 or 5 different ways to get the pass you need to get out of there, most revolving around talking and scheming your way out.

In ME2 and 3 you'd have 1 way. Find a mass group of enemies carrying the key and blow them away.

Noveria? Oh that ice planet with all the elevators. I have to agree with the rose-tinted glasses comments, mass effect was not as good as many would like to remember it being

i-Lo

One thing I wanted to mention is that I did not find any "time sensitive/limited" side missions. I have never missed a side mission mostly because I tend to do all of the ones that can be done before moving on to another main mission which then unlocks not only new side missions but also ways to complete the previously incomplete ones.

Note that you can still miss out on side missions if you do main quests that are either in conflict or render the side mission irrelevant. However, there is no time limit.

Boogie9IGN

I think another reason I'm enjoying this so much is I hadn't played any mass effect games until two weeks ago so I've essentially been going one after the other. Its like watching a whole series on DVD instead of an episode a week

Um, effective is the one that matters.

Let's be fair, none of them really "matter". Unless some new information is out, the difference is literally seconds of cutscene tacked on to the end of the ending cutscene if you happen to choose a specific option.

Also, I find myself looking at cheap used iPod Touches because I really want that Codex app :(

PORT IT TO DROID PLEASE!!!!

Alternatively, I hope my iPod Classic breaks?

Effective Military Strength: 5004

Time to see this bullshit myself.

Edit: lol. And the game freezes right after I get the "Master and Commander" achievement...

spekkeh

Banned
I wish less people would talk about the ending. I'm only six hours in and already there's been seven news postings on Eurogamer talking about how it's the best/worst/disappointing/disappointed by autistic fans ending ever. If it gets spoiled I will start cutting myself, but it seems like an inevitability.

MNC

UHMMMM GUYS

WHERE IS MY SAVEFILE

I load up the game, hit resume. My shepard is named Benjamin shepard, but I'm level 1, no powers upgraded, default face, no DLC installed, AND EVERYTHING IS FUCKED UP. WHY?!!?

And now it's back. Jesus! What the hell happened there?

Minamu

Well, beat the game. Didn't think the last two missions would be close to six hours long on normal o_O Not sure what I think of the ending. I'm a bit apathetic about it I think. Kinda glad it's over and done with, almost?

Yahtzee's comment "The game didn't end with a bang or a wimper, but more of the sound you get when you release a balloon and let it fart its way around the room" nails it pretty well I think. At least with only a few hours of processing it :) If anything though, I'm really curious how the series feel as 1. Femshep and 2. Renegade. There wouldn't happen to be any complete playthroughs on youtube of ME1 like that would there? :)

Double D

UHMMMM GUYS

WHERE IS MY SAVEFILE

I load up the game, hit resume. My shepard is named Benjamin shepard, but I'm level 1, no powers upgraded, default face, no DLC installed, AND EVERYTHING IS FUCKED UP. WHY?!!?

And now it's back. Jesus! What the hell happened there?

Mine actually did this last night. I hit 'Resume' and it was a savefile from like an hour into the game. Also, my Shepard's lips didn't move through that cutscene it loaded into. I thought it was totally jacked up, but I reloaded and everything was fine.

gdt

I have a question, i started the final ish mission with 3800 Ems, but i got to go back on my ship after it was done. i did some multiplayer, and got over 4000, and then went on the final final mission. will i have acess to all endings? sorry for the vagueness, on my phone at work. sidenote: i did every single thing and didnt get over 4000 dammit.

DTKT

I have a question, i started the final ish mission with 3800 Ems, but i got to go back on my ship after it was done. i did some multiplayer, and got over 4000, and then went on the final final mission. will i have acess to all endings? sorry for the vagueness, on my phone at work. sidenote: i did every single thing and didnt get over 4000 dammit.

Pretty sure the magical number is 5000.

I finished everything, saved both the Quarrians and the Geth and had a bit over 6.5k

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
I thought the endings for DEHR were bad, too.

They were far better than Mass Effect. They actually talked about the possible fallout of your decisions.

ME3 doesn't even HAVE an ending.

Derrick01

Banned
Noveria? Oh that ice planet with all the elevators. I have to agree with the rose-tinted glasses comments, mass effect was not as good as many would like to remember it being

I like how you glossed over what I said just to mention "lol elevators" and keep the rose tinted glasses thing going. Because you can't actually prove me wrong, and you know why? Because both ME2 and 3 don't have anything like what I described in Noveria.

I'm playing the game right now. Right after finishing 3. It was a much more ambitious game than both 2 and 3.

MNC

I'm thoroughly disappointed with the lack of branching paths.

Legion dies anyhow. The rachni exist anyhow. Mordin dies anyhow. Any squadmate that died in 2 is replaced with a reskin and stripped of dialog.
Really, really disappointed. The things the game does, it does great. The thing that it lacks, it lacks severely.

gdt

Pretty sure the magical number is 5000.

I finished everything, saved both the Quarrians and the Geth and had a bit over 6.5k

Aww dammit. i thought it was 4000, and i did the same thing you did. every single quest, plus everything perfect. i did mess up on 2 or3 or those spectre decisions though.

MNC

Legion dies anyhow. The rachni exist anyhow. Mordin dies anyhow. Any squadmate that died in 2 is replaced with a reskin and stripped of dialog.
Really, really disappointed. The things the game does, it does great. The thing that it lacks, it lacks severely.

Bah, end of page. This image sums it up quite nicely.

hMR7h.jpg

Walshicus

Mordin can survive...

I'm a little anxious about my ME3 playthrough regarding my romancing of Ashley. First off, I romanced Ashley in ME1 and Miranda in ME2. I didn't realize that I could give Ashley a gift in the hospital at the beginning of the game until now (I'm about 18 hours into the game by now...lol). I just got her in my squad permanently, after
the Cerberus attack on the Citadel.

My concerns are these: When I encountered Miranda early on in the game, I told her that things hadn't changed. I figured that by doing so I wasn't locking myself into anything permanent at that point. This action, coupled with the fact that I didn't give Ashley the gift in the hospital, makes me worried that it might not let me fully romance Ashley despite the vibe that things seem to be going well so far. She and I have not yet discussed Miranda, though, which I assume will happen at some point.

Can anyone who followed a similar playthrough put my mind at ease without spoilering anything? I just would like to know if I screwed myself over or if I'm on the right track as long as I keep choosing the Paragon options in convos with her and make sure I only pursue her for the rest of the game.

Aww dammit. i thought it was 4000, and i did the same thing you did. every single quest, plus everything perfect. i did mess up on 2 or3 or those spectre decisions though.

Pretty sure the magic number is 4,000 EMS. Which means that if you don't play multiplayer it is impossible to get. You max out about 7,000, or approximately 3,500 without multi.

edit: That is what I heard, I can't say based on my experience because I had 100% but my EMS was 7,000.

Pretty sure the magic number is 4,000 EMS. Which means that if you don't play multiplayer it is impossible to get. You max out about 7,000, or approximately 3,500 without multi.

edit: That is what I heard, I can't say based on my experience because I had 100% but my EMS was 7,000.

5000 gets you one extra scene at the end It's
Shepard breathing
. You can get over 4000 without multi, I did every planet scanning thing and kept every species alive and happy. Then I played multi for a bit to raise it to over 5000.

BigAT

This is my first time popping in here as I just started playing and I've been avoiding spoilers. Did anyone happen to GIF Shepard's horrified reaction when EDI jokes about
forgetting to supply oxygen to the ship?
I thought that moment would make a great reaction GIF.

This is my first time popping in here as I just started playing and I've been avoiding spoilers. Did anyone happen to GIF Shepard's horrified reaction when EDI jokes about

I remember seeing it show up somewhere in this thread, and I remember thinking the same thing when I saw it in-game, lol.

i-Lo

Lmao! Yea, that was an epic joke and the reaction was truly GIF worthy. I guess eventually someone will make it though. I remembering reloading the game once just to see her reaction once more.

Btw, to all, I had a question regarding Cerberus related mission pertaining to
infiltrating the Cerberus space station following Sanctuary mission
. I have the option to "wait" reminiscent of the precaution before jumping through the Omega 4 relay. The thing is I have completed, to the best of my knowledge all side quests, i.e. I have only the priority highlighted as incomplete. I am wondering if there are any more side quests that become accessible after this mission?

shepard-waaaathkfx6.gif

Lmao! Yea, that was an epic joke and the reaction was truly GIF worthy. I guess eventually someone will make it though. I remembering reloading the game once just to see her reaction once more.

Btw, to all, I had a question regarding Cerberus related mission pertaining to
infiltrating the Cerberus space station following Sanctuary mission
. I have the option to "wait" reminiscent of the precaution before jumping through the Omega 4 relay. The thing is I have completed, to the best of my knowledge all side quests, i.e. I have only the priority highlighted as incomplete. I am wondering if there are any more side quests that become accessible after this mission?

That's the start of the end of the game.

5000 gets you one extra scene at the end It's
Shepard breathing
. You can get over 4000 without multi, I did every planet scanning thing and kept every species alive and happy. Then I played multi for a bit to raise it to over 5000.

Nope, it is impossible to get the scene without multiplayer. You can get assets up to around 7,000, but EMS will max out at half that total without multi.

And the magic number is 4,000 EMS to see the scene you are referring to. According to internet sources however, you will only see that scene depending on conversation choices made preceding the ending.

If you have 5,000 you will see that scene regardless of what you do.

These woudld respectively required 8,000 or 10,000 in assets without multiplayer. Simply not possible, at least not pre-DLC.

Top Bottom