• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 3 |OT| Space Jesus Returns (tag all spoilers)

Replicant

Nope, it is impossible to get the scene without multiplayer. You can get assets up to around 7,000, but EMS will max out at half that total without multi.

And the magic number is 4,000 EMS to see the scene you are referring to. According to internet sources however, you will only see that scene depending on conversation choices made preceding the ending.

IIRC, the official guide says that if you manage to
keep Anderson alive (which means successful persuasion of TIM to shoot himself in the head), you only need 4000 EMS to see "Shepard is alive" ending. But if Anderson is dead in your game, you better have 5000 EMS if you still want to see "Shepard is alive" ending.

At what point do you have to decide who you want to bang?

The sooner the better. With some couples, it's implied that they already have sex before the major sex scene even take place.

keep Anderson alive (which means successful persuasion of TIM to shoot himself in the head), you only need 4000 EMS to see "Shepard is alive" ending. But if Anderson is dead in your game, you better have 5000 EMS if you still want to see "Shepard is alive" ending.

Basically what I heard, but didn't want to get into too much detail.

also
Anderson is dead either way, just a question of who kills him/when he finally kicks it. Obviously one is preferable as it leads to the point where the game should have ended with a nice final moment. And shooting TIM rather than talking him into offing himself is the same result

DTKT

Just started the game.

Wow, it did a bad job at importing my character.. wtf?

ME2
masseffect2texmod2012takhs.png

What ME3 pooped out
masseffect32012-03-21ajavz.png

Just a heads up, there is a very good chance that the bug will never ever be fixed.

i-Lo

Nope, it is impossible to get the scene without multiplayer. You can get assets up to around 7,000, but EMS will max out at half that total without multi.

And the magic number is 4,000 EMS to see the scene you are referring to. According to internet sources however, you will only see that scene depending on conversation choices made preceding the ending.

If you have 5,000 you will see that scene regardless of what you do.

These woudld respectively required 8,000 or 10,000 in assets without multiplayer. Simply not possible, at least not pre-DLC.

I think I have about 7037 or thereabout in total strength. I think this qualifies as me having done all available side missions. So now it's just MP time I assume to get up to 5000.

Now with regards to Cerberus mission (kindly refer to my earlier post on this page #14412), is there a respite between missions where I can stop the game, go online and increase the EMS or is it a single long mission?

malfcn

In ME1 and ME2 they were sickening at times.
So far I get to pick from this or that, with the same tone but different points.

DTKT

The sooner the better. With some couples, it's implied that they already have sex before the major sex scene that you'll see even take place.

Pretty sure Anderson is dead no matter what. I convinced TIM to do a Saren but I still ended up with Anderson dead at my side looking at Earth. I'm not sure if that means he's just unconscious or dead but it's moot SINCE THE CITADEL BLEW UP. OOPS :|

Replicant

Basically what I heard, but didn't want to get into too much detail.

also
Anderson is dead either way, just a question of who kills him/when he finally kicks it. Obviously one is preferable as the point where the game should have ended. And shooting TIM rather than talking him into offing himself is the same result

Well, the guide got a few things wrong in the first place so it may not be the most reliable source of information.

I think I have about 7037 or thereabout in total strength. I think this qualifies as me having done all available side missions. So now it's just MP time I assume to get up to 5000.

Now with regards to Cerberus mission (kindly refer to my earlier post on this page #14412), is there a respite between missions where I can stop the game, go online and increase the EMS or is it a single long mission?

You are at the end game. Two missions, but not separated at all. I don't know when the game calculates your EMS. You can stop during the mission and play the multiplayer. I assume it is calculated at a point after you start the mission. You might want to hit 5,000 before the Cerberus based just to be sure

i-Lo

You are at the end game. Two missions, but not separated at all. I don't know when the game calculates your EMS. You can stop during the mission and play the multiplayer. I assume it is calculated at a point after you start the mission. You might want to hit 5,000 before the Cerberus based just to be sure

Thank you.

Replicant

I hate how the Galactic Readiness percentage slides down so easily like a cheap whore. Mine was 100% when I finished my first playthrough. Now it's only a day later and it's already down to 90%!!! I know it's EA/Bioware's attempt to ensure that MP always has some people playing but it feels forced.

malfcn

Talking about bombs on Eden Prime:
He tried, we stopped him. (Paragon)
He wanted the beacon. (Renegade)

Example right there. I guess if a response has any possible loaded emphasis, it'll effect rep. And I do know that Paragon is up, and Renegade is down.

i-Lo

I hate how the Galactic Readiness percentage slides down so easily like a cheap whore. Mine was 100% when I finished my first playthrough. Now it's only a day later and it's already down to 90%!!! I know it's EA/Bioware's attempt to ensure that MP always has some people playing but it feels forced.

It is supposed to drop 1% per day spent offline. How did you manage to fold that ten times over?

It is supposed to drop 1% per day spent offline. How did you manage to fold that ten times over?

I think it is actually supposed to be 4% a day. But it might not be a 24 hour cycle. It might be set to a standard timezone, so say you get 100 at 11:30pm, don't play the following day, then next play at 12:30am what is effectively two days later.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Apparently the fix is coming.

Ok, I have what I hope is some good news.

We have fixed the issue of faces not correctly importing into Mass Effect 3. It will be included as part of the next Mass Effect 3 patch.

The not completely good news is that I do not yet have a confirmed date for when the patch will be available. A new patch gets heavily tested by BioWare, EA, Microsoft and Sony before it can be released to the public. We all want to be sure that it fixes the issues it is supposed to fix and doesn't start any new issues (this is called testing or certification testing ). If a patch fails during testing, it is sent back, fixed again and retested until it passes. Then it is released to gamers. Until we know that the patch has passed certification testing, I don't want to give even a rough idea of the date, to prevent disappointment should it need further testing.

So I'm sorry I don't have the full answer you all want and are waiting for yet. When I can give you the date when the patch will be available I will.

I'm editing the OP to reflect this info as well.

Source

i-Lo

I think it is actually supposed to be 4% a day. But it might not be a 24 hour cycle. It might be set to a standard timezone, so say you get 100 at 11:30pm, don't play the following day, then next play at 12:30am what is effectively two days later.

For me (at 60 something percent) it drops by 1% a day. Perhaps the deduction isn't linear but rather a ratio to existing galactic readiness.

So here's a question, can you play the game without connecting for internet?

hateradio

The Most Dangerous Yes Man
Yeah, it was my ME1 character.

But i changed her look in ME2 a little (hair color, maybe a couple other things).

I thought that "un-breaks" it?
Ah, I don't know if you tweaked it. You can try to copy the code from 2 and paste it into 3, as someone else suggested. But if it doesn't work it means that it's using 1's variables.

You'll have to wait for the patch, or use the suggested method in the OP.

Boogie9IGN

I don't know what I'm feeling after that ending. I'm really disappointed that
there wasn't more of my lover Jack in the game ): I kept going to Purgatory every time I landed on the Citadel hoping to talk to her again or something

My epic quest to finish Mass Effect 3 continues, it's March 22nd, and I'm 18h in. >.<

I don't have to worry about import thing, by the time my Renegade Shepard makes it through ME1+2 it will be Christmas.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
I just did Grissom Academy as my Infiltrator on insanity. That mission was piss easy compared to being a vanguard.

hateradio

Tbh as bad as I heard it was, I will consider it a fucking disgrace if they cave in and change the ending. It will also be the one argument everyone needs to claim games are NOT art, forever relegated to kiddie entertainment.
I don't think that's necessarily true. I don't think they need to change anything,
well maybe a few tweaks to the dialogue to make it less vague
. If they change it, it'll be no big deal since there have already been games that have changed the end or added to the game or have provided DLC -- like Alan Wake.

Finally finished my ME1 and ME2 Paragon FemShep runs. Ready to import my decisions to ME3. Man, I'm excited for the gameplay (going to try Infiltrator this time), but not the ending :(

Tbh as bad as I heard it was, I will consider it a fucking disgrace if they cave in and change the ending. It will also be the one argument everyone needs to claim games are NOT art, forever relegated to kiddie entertainment.

That's a valid opinion and all, but... not sure you'll think that way once you get there.

Anyhow, that bridge has been crossed anyway. Fallout 3 got a new ending via DLC for one.

kurahador

Finish the game first please.

I swear everytime i hear this comment, it's either from ppl who didn't finish the game yet, never played ME & don't care for it, or plain ignorant who read mainstream media & think fans want a happy ending.

hateradio

Finally finished my ME1 and ME2 Paragon FemShep runs. Ready to import my decisions to ME3. Man, I'm excited for the gameplay (going to try Infiltrator this time), but not the ending :(
Don't dwell on it. Some people have actually liked it, or enjoy it for what it's worth.

Arjen

I just did Grissom Academy as my Infiltrator on insanity. That mission was piss easy compared to being a vanguard.

Sabotage is a life saver against those damn turrets. I did Infiltrator first and now Vanguard, first i loved the turrets, now i hate them.

hateradio

Sabotage is a life saver against those damn turrets. I did Infiltrator first and now Vanguard, first i loved the turrets, now i hate them.
I've only ever played as an infiltrator in these games. For different playthroughs I think I want to change, but then I'm used to my skills. I don't know if I want to change.

Arjen

I've only ever played as an infiltrator in these games. For different playthroughs I think I want to change, but then I'm used to my skills. I don't know if I want to change.

It really changes your playstyle so i definitly recommend it, Vanguard done right is really awesome.

Yeah, I'll just enjoy my time with the game and if the ending isnt satisfying then it is what it is.

Question: I plan on going trying Insanity from the start. If I import my level 30 Shep and start at level 30 in ME3, will the enemies be much harder? I know that in ME2 if you imported your level 30 character to NG+ the enemies scaled to your level but your weapons didn't, so that them super hard.

And I plan to keep my class-changing tradition. In ME1 I was a Soldier, ME2 a Sentinel, and ME3 it's looking like Infiltrator for me. Cloaking and one-shotting or back-stabbing looks like fun.

spekkeh

Banned
And I plan to keep my class-changing tradition. In ME1 I was a Soldier, ME2 a Sentinel, and ME3 it's looking like Infiltrator for me. Cloaking and one-shotting or back-stabbing looks like fun.

I had the same, but Biotic - Vanguard - Engineer.

Still like Vanguard more than Engineer though. And Grissom Academy was nasty. Game was piss easy until then (normal difficulty) and suddenly I died six times in a row in that atrium bit.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
It really changes your playstyle so i definitly recommend it, Vanguard done right is really awesome.

Yuuup. Turrets were a death sentence for my vanguard(on insanity you pretty much are dead even with +196 or so cooldown) if you get caught in the open without charge. As an Infiltrator I love seeing them due to the way they get placed, it always gets a couple of people.

Same with the DLC mission, turrets made it hard before but now it's easy. Those were the hardest spots in the game for me until the very last mission...which is probably going to be really hard regardless.

Yeah, I'll just enjoy my time with the game and if the ending isnt satisfying then it is what it is.

Question: I plan on going trying Insanity from the start. If I import my level 30 Shep and start at level 30 in ME3, will the enemies be much harder? I know that in ME2 if you imported your level 30 character to NG+ the enemies scaled to your level but your weapons didn't, so that them super hard.

They scale, but the game handles difficulty MUCH better. It doesn't layer barriers and armor on everything, a lot of enemies don't have shields/armor at all(and any enemy that doesn't have a shield/armor/barrier on normal doesn't get one added on top of them).

In NG+ for ME3 the cap is 60 now, and it unlocks more upgrades for the weapons. I had a much harder time starting from level 1 on insanity compared to level 30, because of all the powers at your disposal. I was running into ammo problems otherwise.

Top Bottom