• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 3 |OT| Space Jesus Returns (tag all spoilers)

Yes.
You need to score 5 points to get peace with the geth and quarians.

ME2
+2 for Tali is exonerated at her trial (eg NOT exiled)
+2 for destroyed the heretics
+1 for resolving the Tali/Legon conflict with a renegade or paragon solution

ME3
+1 for Rannoch: Destroy the Geth Squadron on Rannoch (aka fighter base)
+1 for Rannoch: Save the Admiral (not his men, the admiral)

I see. Well Ill watch it on youtube then. I like the Geth anyways.

How far from the end am I btw?

rozay

Banned
I clocked in at 56 hours. Don't ask me how. I don't know how others can complete it in 20 hours or less.

I took my time running around the citadel more times than necessary, exploring every corner in missions to find weapon mods and talked to everyone on the Normandy after everything I did and I still only managed 37 hours. Wonder where your extra 19-20 came from :p

Moaradin

45 hours and missed a few key side quest due to bugs. Was playing on Hardcore. People who complete it really fast probably play on easier difficulty. A 30 second battle on easy/normal can take 10 minutes on a harder difficulty.

Venfayth

Yes.
You need to score 5 points to get peace with the geth and quarians.

ME2
+2 for Tali is exonerated at her trial (eg NOT exiled)
+2 for destroyed the heretics
+1 for resolving the Tali/Legon conflict with a renegade or paragon solution

ME3
+1 for Rannoch: Destroy the Geth Squadron on Rannoch (aka fighter base)
+1 for Rannoch: Save the Admiral (not his men, the admiral)

My save import said I
"rewrote" the Heretics - is that good enough to get geth and quarians?

Agreed. I liked the ending as well. Don't let people shit on your good time.

Same here actually o_O I have my own opinions but I certainly didn't hate it.

Sojgat

45 hours and missed a few key side quest due to bugs. Was playing on Hardcore. People who complete it really fast probably play on easier difficulty. A 30 second battle on easy/normal can take 10 minutes on a harder difficulty.

I completed it in 36 hrs on insanity, first run, no import. I didn't have "from the Ashes" DLC so this might have added 2 hours. I was constantly going back to the citadel and talking to everybody on the normandy. I stopped even looking at the journal after I realised it doesn't update and just used the map (which does). The other thing that probably made my run easier/faster was I wen't through all the systems at the beginning of the game and scanned everything and then did it again later when the universe map had updated. This way you just walk up to the fetch quest givers and say "hey I found this thing". It's the shortest Mass Effect by a good margin and is ridiculously padded by crap like all the fetch quests.

My save import said I
"rewrote" the Heretics - is that good enough to get geth and quarians?

Depends.

Only if you meet these conditions

ME2
Loyalty from both Legion and Tali, and solving their conflict on the Normandy with Paragon or Renegade choice --> 2 points

Tali not exiled from the Fleet --> 1 points

Rewriting the heretics is labeled as Paragon in ME2 but gives you 0 points in ME3 because they ally with the Reapers

ME3
Do Legion's Mission (disable Geth Fighter Squadron) and save Admiral Korris (not his men though, you need the admiral!) for 2 points

even if you
rewrote the Heretics in ME2
you can still achieve peace with
exactly 5 points

Fucks sake, first online game to get my galactic readiness up and some kid shouts the ending. Or at least who lives and who dies. I should have guessed that would happen... muting everybody now. Is the survival of characters set in stone, or was that just his ending?

Massa

Fucks sake, first online game to get my galactic readiness up and some kid shouts the ending. Or at least who lives and who dies. I should have guessed that would happen... muting everybody now. Is the survival of characters set in stone, or was that just his ending?

It was his ending, who lives or dies depends on your choices and actions.

Mass Effect 3 has been a shitstorm of problems for me. Yesterday my game freezes during 2 multiplayer matches and I lose my XP and credits earned. NOW, im in the
Cerberus base (end game)
and the audio cuts out (SCREECHES) and a party member disappears. He's nowhere to be found. The game shows him as active but he's not anywhere near me. On top of that, the enemies are fucking gone. Yeah, GONE. I shouldnt be skipping thru the
Illusive Man's base
w/o any resistance. FUCK THIS SHIT.

Eusis

This is the problem with the Galactic Readiness concept: it requires playing online with others... otherwise people who are dumb and will spoil the ending you're playing these games to help earn. It's worse due to being the concluding part of a trilogy, but it's still a system I don't want to see used again. Thankfully this case isn't so bad given you can still see almost anything that matters just by doing single player sidequests, even though they may be Bioware's weakest.

AiTM

Banned
I'm on the Thessia mission, without spoiling, his far am I? And I need to have my EMS (effective military strength) at 5000 to get the "best" ending?

DTKT

I'm on the Thessia mission, without spoiling, his far am I? And I need to have my EMS (effective military strength) at 5000 to get the "best" ending?

5000 EMS seems to be the trigger for the "best" ending.

You have 2-3 hours left to play.

Lime

I don't like how FemShep now has heels on her fucking boots. It kind of goes against the whole sci-fi functional character design of the prior games.

Mixed feelings about the ending. In a narrative sense it's an obscene hand gesture in the faces of anyone who played with the same Shepard since ME1. But if you view the game as a standalone title then it's pretty sick. The graphics are stunning and it does feel aptly big.

A question : I just finished ME2, so everything I did will carry on ME3 ?

Also, if yes
Does your relationship status with Miranda carry on and is it relevant in ME3 ? If possible, do not spoil me, and just answer with yes/no. Thanks :)

Dreaver

I have been playing Mass Effect 3 past week quite a lot. I have to say, the game is pretty damn good so far. Definitely on par with Mass Effect 1's plot. I love the whole war scene going on.

A few things that I really like:

1) The citadel is fun again... unlike ME 2's.
2) Gunplay/powers feel great in general, really enjoying the gameplay.
3) I love meeting people you met before.
4) All the missions I've done so far are pretty great my latest and favorite so far is the
Rachni mission with Grunt. Sooooooogoood
5)
GARRUS <3

I do have a few complaints:
1) No weapon holstering? I find this pretty frustrating... Why the hell did they took it out?
2) No detailed quest log... Again, why the hell did they took it out? So incredible stupid...
3) A lot of stuff happens between Mass Effect 2 and 3, like Shephard was relieved from duty, IMO they should have explained it more.
4) The beginning felt so forced and I didn't like it at all (first hour), while I think Mass Effect 2 opening was amazing.

So far it's really good, what I was hoping for... Can't wait to play more tomorrow!

Edit: I hate the double feeling I'm having with awesome games. Part of me wants to continue playing until I finish the game, the other part of me doesn't want to so I can extend finishing the series as long as possible.

Doodis

Just finished the Quarian Main Mission, massive spoilers ahead:

I ended up allowing Legion to upload the Reaper upgrades to the Geth, but didnt realize what the outcome would be until it was too late. The Quarians were massacered and Tali commited suicide. I was left speechless. I cant believe I allowed that to happen. I feel awful. Like I just committed a mass extinction. Poor Tali.

On the plus side, The Geth are now part of the alliance and are a major boost to the war effort.

I hope I didnt fuck up too much...

Wow, this actually happens? Crazy. Glad I'm OCD and have enough "points" to avoid situations like this so far.

Magik

Finished the game at around 22 hours.

Abused the biotic and tech powers like nobody's business.

I'm not too sure how to feel about the game really. At times the games shines and other times, I just have to laugh at how bizarre things can turn out with the decisions Bioware chose to make.

If there's one thing that I feel is different about ME3 compared to the previous games... I don't feel like doing a second run through at all.

If there's one thing that I feel is different about ME3 compared to the previous games... I don't feel like doing a second run through at all.

Yeah, the replay value is much less than 2 or 3 for me, and not just because of the ending.

I can't even say why, I'm like a third in to my 2nd playthrough and I'm finding it hard to continue, which sucks considering I had over 8 playthroughs in both 1 and 2.

Magik

Yeah, the replay value is much less than 2 or 3 for me, and not just because of the ending.

I can't even say why, I'm like a third in to my 2nd playthrough and I'm finding it hard to continue, which sucks considering I had over 8 playthroughs in both 1 and 2.

I guess in my case I was satisfied with my initial playthrough. I basically did the 'good' run making all the good choices and basically getting the best outcome possible.

I think it has to do with how the story was designed and presented compared to ME2 in which I found that my choices did matter to the overall story and how it unfolded where as in ME3, it feels that regardless of your choices, you still end up with pretty much the same possible ending with minor variations here and there.

We'll see how the DLC turns out. Until then, I'll spend some more time with the multi-player.

Subitai

I didn't even come to this thread cause I was afraid of spoilers.

It is interesting to see people with restrictions based on what they did not do in the previous games. As others have said before, I feel much less interested in going through again given the ending. At least there is the multiplayer which I'm sure they'll add to.

Did anyone doing it in 20 hours do it on insanity? If so you have my enormous respect. My run was a femadept and most of the time I rolled with Liara and EDI/Garrus. Given the number of Cerberus encounters, overload was much more useful than in ME2.

Around 28.5/29 hours in. The first line of my spoilers is my most recent activity in the least spoilery way possible.

Did the mission the Asari Councilor asked me to do, and I did the last N7 mission.

THANK. GOD. Man, I was so glad to be able to clear out almost all of the sidequests before I ran to the Citadel. I didn't realize so many more places had opened up. That's something that really irritates me about the galaxy map. They keep putting down so many places to go, it's hard to know what's new and not without checking everything. Especially with places like Silean that went from being at 100% to 19% or something after that last mission. Ugh...

Anyways, I ran off to Thessia, and another really awful turret sequence greeted me. Seriously, if you guys are going to make turret sequences, make a freaking turret sequence. These are pitiful. Maybe it's because I'm playing on normal for my first run, but they're so mindlessly easy it's insulting.

I never realized how much interesting history they had laying around on the Asari planet, but NO TIME FOR THAT YOU GOTTA PROTHEAN BEACON WITH GREEN LIGHTS OH NO KAI LENG ANDAHOASHD. Dang it, I really would have loved the chance to learn more about all the cool stuff in the sanctuary. The talking with the Prothean thing would have been cool too, if they would have given me a moment to do it. Oh well, I guess Vigil was good enough back in the day.

Kai Leng is probably my least favorite character in the entire ME universe. He looks so ridiculous, he's overpowered, boring, and just a really bleh character. "I'm so cool, look at me stand here while rockets fly past me. I swear, I'm totally not straight out of a MGS game." And he steals the VI... Great!

I bought the collector's edition, so I got the From Ashes stuff...
Bioware would have to seriously convince me at this point that it wasn't just content cut from the original game. The amount of things they've done for Javik (not to mention the quality of his animations) just screams of putting some serious effort into it. Unless the previous DLC is not something I am to judge it by. His talk with Liara after Thessia falls just sealed the deal. Then again... Liara had a repeat tantrum in her room right after. I don't know anymore.

SHEP IS SAD BECAUSE PEOPLE ARE DYING IN THIS WAR. I don't get why the kid and Thessia have affected him so deeply. He's more aware of the implications of the current events than anyone, yet he takes this stuff like he never realized it was possible. It's really getting on my nerves.

Well, I'm going to chase down the Illusive Man/Cerberus next time, it sounds like. I hope I can kill Kai Leng. It'd make me much happier about the game.

edit:
Darn it, Kundagi makes the best ME fanart ever, haha.

eJMwJ.jpg

So I haven't picked this up yet since Xenoblade is still taking way more time then I thought it would.

I played ME 1 and 2 and enjoyed them ok (ME1 moreso than 2) but all I keep hearing is "ending, ending, ending, ending." I mean talk about shitty press. Again, I have no idea or concept of how it ends, but when you see threads about people raising money to try to get an official change, it makes me scratch my head.

Should I be expecting some Evangelion like shit with this? Is it that bad?

Carbonox

Is grinding through multiplayer really the only way to boost the 5000 kill achievement? It's the only achievement I need for the Platinum.

FINALLY starting on this today. So excited. Got a new 360 since the last time I played through the first two, so... I had to play through the first two again after I read about the shitty default choices.

Trying to stay unspoiled has been rough to say the least :lol

Sai

In my first playthrough, I didn't speak to
Conrad
before
repairing the Medi-Gel dispensers
. Thought it was weird how he just suddenly popped up talkin' about his Cerberus contact. As expected, the dialogue exchange with him prior to all that is pretty funny...
Not actually married? A Shepard shrine?
XD

Speakin' of the Cerberus contact, did he have that facial scarring like Renegade Shepard? Perhaps Cerberus' way of hiding the
Husk-esque modifications
for infiltration purposes? Reminds me of somethin' though,
I thought sure that the cybernetic implants used to reconstruct Shepard would turn out to be Reaper tech, especially due to the fact that his eyes&#8212;when totally scarred up&#8212;look just like the Illusive Man's(who's been partially Huskified, right?).

[EDIT] - Oh, and this time around I was able to save
Kelly
&#8212;err... "Felicia". :D

Top Bottom