• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 3 |OT| Space Jesus Returns (tag all spoilers)

Wiggum2007

Just listening to the ME1 soundtrack. It really is something special, I can't wait to see what Clint Mansell comes up with.

He's only one of the composers, and we don't know how many tracks he's really composing, all we've heard from him is one or two piano pieces. Four of the composers from ME1 & 2 are returning and they're behind most of the (awesome) tracks we've heard so far.

Zeliard

Solo's got a universe where that hubristic clown Urdnot Wreav - widely known throughout the galaxy as "The Lesser Wrex" - is now leading the clan. That is not the proper way of things.

Salvadora

He's only one of the composers, and we don't know how many tracks he's really composing, all we've heard from him is one or two piano pieces. Four of the composers from ME1 & 2 are returning and they're behind most of the (awesome) tracks we've heard so far.

Yeah i know that, I just hope his influence seeps through.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Solo's got a universe where that hubristic clown Urdnot Wreav - widely known throughout the galaxy as "The Lesser Wrex" - is now leading the clan. That is not the proper way of things.

Out of my 4 Shepards, only one has Wrex dead. And its the one where there was no ME1 playthrough linked to it. A fresh ME2 start in other words. Sucks that a dead Wrex is the default choice. Poor Obama Shepard will never know the awesomeness that is Wrex.

Wiggum2007

"In the game, Mordrin ends up defending the moon from a massive attack of space chickens, sadly he ends up dying... but he held the line!"

That´s a spoiler, unmarked, malicious, intended to spoil the game for those that don´t want to be spoiled... but did you process all of what was written at a first glance? or did you continue to read up to the end?

Same with screen shots, or videos, you only end up being spoiled if you let yourself be spoiled.

Take some of the videos posted by IGN or CVG, as soon as the guys started talking about the crew members and who was there or not, just turn off the video.

That's the most retarded explanation I've ever heard. You mean everyone is going to wait until the end of a sentence to share a spoiler?

What if the sentence starts with "XXXXX dies"?

Oh just glance at it and don't process it, no worries!

Kem0sabe

That's the most retarded explanation I've ever heard. You mean everyone is going to wait until the end of a sentence to share a spoiler?

What if the sentence starts with "XXXXX dies"?

Oh just glance at it and don't process it, no worries!

That´s the way i see it. I´ve never had anything spoiled from reading a forum on the internet or watching a youtube video without a clear idea that there was going to be a spoiler there.

moop1167

@ the OT...and to NeoGAF Mods. I don't understand why it's okay to speak disgracefully about religious faiths and personages on NeoGAF, but speaking disgracefully against homosexuals is bannable. Seems just as wrong to me. Just as much as I disagree with negative comments about one, I disagree with negative comments about the other.

Can't we keep our prejudices and disrespects out of the topics please? Respect people's beliefs whether they are homosexual or Christian. Both are equally offensive to the offended.

Buzz_Killington.jpg

That´s the way i see it. I´ve never had anything spoiled from reading a forum on the internet or watching a youtube video without a clear idea that there was going to be a spoiler there.

I have. The Collectors
being Protheans
got spoiled for me by watching a fucking news video before on Youtube.

Kem0sabe

I have. The Collectors
being Protheans
got spoiled for me by watching a fucking news video before on Youtube.

How the hell did that happen? Oo

Concerning spoilers, specifically ME ones, i´ve read the leaked script and the endings from the early access copies of the game, mainly for curiosity, and in the end... i have to say i enjoyed the way the game ends very much so, in all of its permutations.

Why did i put myself through that amount of spoilers? Curiosity as i said and the fact that i couldn't care less about how the game ends, it´s the journey that counts.

Solo

He will taste the heel of my boot at the first chance, don't you worry.

How the hell did that happen? Oo

Concerning spoilers, specifically ME ones, i´ve read the leaked script and the endings from the early access copies of the game, mainly for curiosity, and in the end... i have to say i enjoyed the way the game ends very much so, in all of its permutations.

Why did i put myself through that amount of spoilers? Curiosity as i said and the fact that i couldn't care less about how the game ends, it´s the journey that counts.

I don't know, some people just want to watch the world burn. Fuckers >__>

Anyway, your thinking...is crazy to me lol. The journey is the biggest part for me too and I don't want to know any of it...but damn, finding out what happens at the very end after all these years is like the vindication of going through it all, for me.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!

Anyway, your thinking...is crazy to me lol. The journey is the biggest part for me too and I don't want to know any of it...but damn, finding out what happens at the very end after all these years is like the vindication of going through it all, for me.

The best kind of ending would be Shepard convincing the Reapers that what they're doing is wrong and that they should leave in shame. I would laugh, then cry, then laugh and cry at the internet reactions.

Kem0sabe

I confess i was a bit worried bioware wouldn't have the balls to do a proper ending to the series, and reading up on the endings assured me that yes sure... they most definitely have the balls.

I think that the only game ending that has ever resonated with me on a deep level, The Darkness. Seriously, that was one of the most touching emotional endings i have ever seen, and in an fps based out of a comic... out of all genres Oo

Zeliard

The best kind of ending would be Shepard convincing the Reapers that what they're doing is wrong and that they should leave in shame. I would laugh, then cry, then laugh and cry at the internet reactions.

Pfft, only in a real RPG would you be able to talk the end bosses out of what they're doing by shaming them :p

I've been spoiled enough already that i dont really care anymore about more spoilers, but some of the things i've read are disappointing.

Straight from the thread on SA, so spoilers:

If you're expecting more dialog with crew members, it's about the same as the last games. A few full conversations and then Zaeed/Kasumi style one liners. Many of Shepard's lines also have no player input.

Some of the side missions are just scanning and not actual gameplay. Like the elcor ambassador asks you to go to Dekuuna to save the elcor. You don't actually land on the planet and fight reapers, you just scan, probe, elcor saved.

It wont be enough for me to not buy the game, but still, goddamnit Bioware.

subversus

I've done nothing with my life except eat and fap
I just realized that I'm two weeks (may be less) away from playing the final chapter. I'm very excited. Both ME 1-2 are my favourite games this gen for no good reason.

LET'S DO THIS.

Commando.gif

Samara

Does anyone know if the French N7 edition is in english as well? Missed the initial opportunity to pre-order it. Same thing happened with mass effect 2, it did say that the mass effect 2 was an english import even though it didn't have the UK bbfc rating on it, just the pegi rating.

Michael Gamble ‏ @GambleMike Close
To add some context, the VO DLC pack applies to Xbox copies for those who don't live in locales where English is the primary language.

From Twitter. On PS3 it works just like in Uncharted as in you can change from English/French/Spanish from the option menu.

bigace33

@ the OT...and to NeoGAF Mods. I don't understand why it's okay to speak disgracefully about religious faiths and personages on NeoGAF, but speaking disgracefully against homosexuals is bannable. Seems just as wrong to me. Just as much as I disagree with negative comments about one, I disagree with negative comments about the other.

Can't we keep our prejudices and disrespects out of the topics please? Respect people's beliefs whether they are homosexual or Christian. Both are equally offensive to the offended.
I agree with this 100%. As a Christian first and foremost it kind of bristled my feathers to see the title "space Jesus". My Lord and Savior deserves much more respect than to be mocked in such a fashion. That being said, I'm very excited for the final installment of ME like everyone else.

I agree with this 100%. As a Christian first and foremost it kind of bristled my feathers to see the title "space Jesus". My Lord and Savior deserves much more respect than to be mocked in such a fashion. That being said, I'm very excited for the final installment of ME like everyone else.

Well I'm not religious personally, but I think it wasn't meant as an offense really, just that Shepard in the ME universe kind of takes on a persona of being just the solver of everyone's problems and can tackle any task, etc. That's his role in the games, so I believe that's what was intended.

In any case, I do agree that it seems faiths can be openly mocked on GAF and I wholeheartedly disapprove of it myself.

14 And Shepard, having died, was laid on the planet's surface, for a time lasting two years. 15 Upon the end of this time he was returned to life, much to the astonishment of the galaxy, for about 10 seconds. 16 Then nobody cared about it after that and it was really no biggy.

14 And Shepard, having died, was laid on the planet's surface, for a time lasting two years. 15 Upon the end of this time he was returned to life, much to the astonishment of the galaxy, for about 10 seconds. 16 Then nobody cared about it after that and it was really no biggy.
Well... resurrection is only cool the first time someone does it.

27 The Council, seeking to test him, came to him and asked, 28 "Commander, why do you work with racist terrorists who killed all your friends years ago, in order to save space farmers from space bugmen?" 29 And Shepard, seeing the wickedness in their hearts, responded thusly, 30 "Fools! Hypocrites! Didst I not prove the Reapers existed at the end of the first game? Didst ye not totes believe me and then pledge to aid me? 31 And now ye act like ye never believed me, and that Reapers are an old galactic legend even though that wasn't there before? What is up with that?"

32 And the Council replied, 33 "Yeah, well."

bigace33

Well I'm not religious personally, but I think it wasn't meant as an offense really, just that Shepard in the ME universe kind of takes on a persona of being just the solver of everyone's problems and can tackle any task, etc. That's his role in the games, so I believe that's what was intended.

In any case, I do agree that it seems faiths can be openly mocked on GAF and I wholeheartedly disapprove of it myself.
Yeah I agree. I highly doubt the op was intentionally trying to offend Christians with his thread title. I also can see the connection of Shep being the "savior" of his Universe. The title itself offended me, not the op.

Kem0sabe

Some of my friends are roman Catholics and they have zero sense of humor or open mindedness, they actually think homosexuality is a disease...

Would be fun to call in "sick" for work now and again for the simple reason of being gay. Sorry... today can´t come in because i have an overwhelming need to suck dick.

I don´t think religion deserves more respect than people. Respect others and the rest will follow. The sooner those with profound religious beliefs comprehend that, the better.

We live in an age where people "lol" when they see animated images of a pedophile bear. *shrug*

Will lump of cole make me3 rage comics?

The story would have to be astronomically bad, but even then the fun part of the Deception comics was showing people just how bad it was while a lot of those people didn't believe that was really how bad it was.

Top Bottom