• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 3 |OT| Space Jesus Returns (tag all spoilers)

So with much trepidation, I tried to do the ME2 to ME3 (demo) character transfer using the code. Much to my surprise, it went quite well.

ME2

o8B7h.jpg

ME 3 Demo

cLbBx.jpg

I thought the nose looks a bit busted at first but after seeing a few cut scenes, it actually looks fine. So I may or may not even bother fixing the nose when I finally import the guy into ME3.

Wait, you have to use a code to transfer a character from ME2 to the ME3 demo? :/

GSR

I didn't know Troy Baker is Kai Leng. Hmm, maybe he won't suck after all.

Yeah, that was a pleasant surprise. It's also very amusing to me as someone who clocked 40 hours in Trauma Center: New Blood.

(Baker played Markus Vaughn, the male protagonist, and Kimberly Brooks, Ashley's VA, played Valerie Blaylock, the female protagonist and Markus' partner.)

CrazyDude

Yeah, that was a pleasant surprise. It's also very amusing to me as someone who clocked 40 hours in Trauma Center: New Blood.

(Baker played Markus Vaughn, the male protagonist, and Kimberly Brooks, Ashley's VA, played Valerie Blaylock, the female protagonist and Markus' partner.)

How do we know Troy Baker is the VO.

Sober

Wait, you have to use a code to transfer a character from ME2 to the ME3 demo? :/
I dunno if it was just the demo but I read somewhere that an ME1 -> ME2 imported face wouldn't take (for starters there wouldn't be a face code) or something going into ME3. Like EC, I also recreated my Shepard's face in ME2 for a face code just in case for ME3.

Moaradin

How accurate is that list? Because according to that,
some of the Normandy crew like Yeoman Chambers and both engineers will be back. And it looks like that punching bag of a journalist, Conrad Verner and a bunch of quarians introduced in ME2 are there too.

All those characters would be pretty expected in ME3 don't you think?

some of the Normandy crew like Yeoman Chambers and both engineers will be back. And it looks like that punching bag of a journalist, Conrad Verner and a bunch of quarians introduced in ME2 are there too.

Yea, any particular reason they wouldn't be?

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
All those characters would be pretty expected in ME3 don't you think?

Yeah, but you'd think that
Cerberus people would stick with Cerberus. Unless they actually are bad guys in ME3, or they fell in love with Shepard and quit Cerberus. Which is probably what will happen.

Moaradin

Yeah, but you'd think that
Cerberus people would stick with Cerberus. Unless they actually are bad guys in ME3, or they fell in love with Shepard and quit Cerberus.

Well, didn't Miranda
turn around at the end of ME2 and quit Cerberus? Maybe the same thing could happen to some of the other crew. Kelly didn't even seem very loyal to Cerberus. Just someone doing their job.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Well, didn't Miranda
turn around at the end of ME2 and quit Cerberus? Maybe the same thing could happen to some of the other crew. Kelly didn't even seem very loyal to Cerberus. Just someone doing their job.

Yeah she did. Although its not quite as obvious if you didnt take her with you for the suicide mission. Actually, she never mention it if you dont. Just something like "I wouldnt have given the Collector base to Cerberus." if you chose that decision and decide to talk to her after its over.

Troy Baker is killing it these days. I just noticed his name in the Binary Domain credits as Charlie. He's got some great range. Such a surprise to find out he played the Englishman so well.

The
two Cerberus engineers seemed like level headed and rational people. They seem the type to join Shep instead of sticking with Cerberus.

MNC

Well fuck, the coop segment effectively hyped me to bits. But the prize...

I think im going to buy this game :( see if i can complete saints row/batman in the meantime.

The fact people go wtf bioware at spoilers worries me alot though. Im scared to read...

Kunohara

Has anyone else pre-ordered the collector's edition from amazon.ca? Mine says it's going to ship on March 9th, but the game comes out March 6th. Does anyone else's order say that? I was hoping to get the game by at least March 12th since I took the week off. I don't want to get the game on the 13 or 14th (like it says on my order page).

The
two Cerberus engineers seemed like level headed and rational people. They seem the type to join Shep instead of sticking with Cerberus.

Kenneth
is more loyal to Shepard than Cerberus, anyway. Pretty much the only reason he's there is because Cerberus is the only organization that both acknowledges the Reapers, and is doing something about it. He either quit or was discharged (I can't remember which) from the Alliance because he raised such a shit fit over nobody believing Shepard after his death and trying to sweep him under the rug.

Actually, just had a thought. Is is a common fan theory that the Council is so biased against the Reapers existence, despite the fact that Sovereign's remains are blatantly not Geth tech, because they've been indoctrinated by pieces of Sovereign that still maintained the brainwashing field, or at least the scientists that then fudged the data to give to the Council? From what we've seen, literally every piece of Reaper tech, Relays excluded, can Indoctrinate, even random Macguffins and braindead bodies. Why not chunks of the Vanguard?

I dunno if it was just the demo but I read somewhere that an ME1 -> ME2 imported face wouldn't take (for starters there wouldn't be a face code) or something going into ME3. Like EC, I also recreated my Shepard's face in ME2 for a face code just in case for ME3.

Oh, that sucks. I'm still using a face I imported from ME1.

:(

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Oh, that sucks. I'm still using a face I imported from ME1.

:(

What he said isn't really accurate. What's happening is some ME2 codes weren't transferring that well into 3. The transition from 1 > 2 had some faces go through the same thing. It's not a 1 > 2 > 3 thing.

Two words:
War Assets.

Stantron

I'm so kicking myself for not pre-ordering the CE. A gamestop rep says they may have copies available at launch but I'm guessing that's just bullshit to get you to show up to their store.

Patryn

I'm so kicking myself for not pre-ordering the CE. A gamestop rep says they may have copies available at launch but I'm guessing that's just bullshit to get you to show up to their store.

Nah, he's probably telling the truth. Stores will generally have one or two people cancel their CE pre-order at the last minute.

Sometimes publishers do send 1 or 2 extra Collectors Editions with a shipment just to fill out a box, so it's a legit possibility. But don't expect miracles.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Mass Effect 3: Second review

The second review of Mass Effect 3 has arrived ahead of its March 6 launch.

The review comes from Polish magazine PSX Extreme. Thus far, only a few details have been reported from the magazine.

According to BioWare forum member “Matt Barthez”, PSX Extreme praised the game’s plot, varied gameplay, and epic feel. The magazine also believes that it has the longest plot of all three Mass Effect titles. One negative point PSX Extreme mentioned was its slightly archaic engine. Still, that wasn’t enough to hold PSX Extreme back from hailing Mass Effect 3 one of the best RPGs in years.

Unlike the first review of Mass Effect 3, PSX Extreme did provide an overall score for the title. The magazine provided it with a 9.0 / 10

Patryn

It's cynical as hell of me, but I don't trust any review until the general embargo is up. I've read too many horror stories about the deals to get exclusive early reviews out.

scy

Still undecided on moving to PC for Mass Effect 3 after ME1 -> ME2 on 360 :|

Only have like four days to decide!

Stantron

Sometimes publishers do send 1 or 2 extra Collectors Editions with a shipment just to fill out a box, so it's a legit possibility. But don't expect miracles.

Yeah, problem is there's probably a lot more people like me, and I don't feel like waiting in line for a midnight launch. Might give Target a try the morning of release.

It's cynical as hell of me, but I don't trust any review until the general embargo is up. I've read too many horror stories about the deals to get exclusive early reviews out.

Meh, it's not like they gave it a perfect score. A good 9/10 doesn't sound like anything to get paid for. And honestly, as subjective as all our tastes are, objectively, does anyone really think ME3 will bomb? Doubt it.

It'll most likely get in the 9s anyway after the embargo's up.

Top Bottom