• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 3 |OT| Space Jesus Returns (tag all spoilers)

rozay

Banned
There’s no penalty for mixing Paragon and Renegade
RickRossDance.gif

Zeal

Banned
time to call some walmarts and flirt up a storm with electronic department women.

hell, it worked a week early for Dark Souls.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Bioware said:
There’s no penalty for mixing Paragon and Renegade: In Mass Effect 2, if you wanted to get the hardest Charm options, you had to play an almost completely Paragon character. We intended many of those Charms to be fun Easter eggs, but many players felt like they had to play pure Paragon to avoid being penalized by the loss of a dialog option. In Mass Effect 3, your Reputation score determines both Charm and Intimidate options, and that score is determined by adding your Paragon and Renegade scores together. You’re still rewarded for being a completionist player and doing as much content as you can, but you can do it as a Paragon or Renegade player without penalty.

We now have non-flavored Reputation: In Mass Effect 2, after a mission that didn’t have any major choices, we would give both Paragon and Renegade points, to show that even without a major decision, Shepard was more famous and had more influence as a result. This confused some players and made others angry – people who wanted to play pure Paragon didn’t like getting rewarded with both Paragon and Renegade points. In Mass Effect 3, whenever there’s a mission with no major decision, you will get Reputation points that add to your overall score but don’t carry a Paragon or Renegade flavor. The bar on your screen will grow, but the Paragon/Renegade ratio will remain unchanged.
Holy shit. This is absolutely the best news about ME3 that I've heard. I prefer to mix both up a lot depending on who I'm talking to so now I can actually role play my Shepard instead of being afraid someone will die later in the game if I don't have enough charm/intimidate. Fuck yes.

Derrick01

Banned
I like the new system too. I just finished replaying 1 and 2 and feeling like I had to hover the cursor in the bottom right part of the screen the whole time got old fast. They finally listened to that criticism at least.

KorrZ

Absolutely the most positive improvement for ME3. I lost characters in my first ME2 playthrough because I went with some paragon choices and didn't have enough renegade to pass a check at the end and lost loyalty. Thank god that shit won't ever happen again.

Nori Chan

Welp. I am unfortunately a bad person. I preordered the CE twice, apparently. So...I'm part of the reason why that's not available.

Ethically, I should sell the extra copy for what I bought it for. Right?

Hello there ;)

id pay you for it D:

Oh and I'm playing ME2 right now and on the first trip to the Citadel I get my feelings hurt by an asari and then start screaming at passing customers saying she hates the poor...

There’s no penalty for mixing Paragon and Renegade: In Mass Effect 2, if you wanted to get the hardest Charm options, you had to play an almost completely Paragon character. We intended many of those Charms to be fun Easter eggs, but many players felt like they had to play pure Paragon to avoid being penalized by the loss of a dialog option. In Mass Effect 3, your Reputation score determines both Charm and Intimidate options, and that score is determined by adding your Paragon and Renegade scores together. You’re still rewarded for being a completionist player and doing as much content as you can, but you can do it as a Paragon or Renegade player without penalty.

We now have non-flavored Reputation: In Mass Effect 2, after a mission that didn’t have any major choices, we would give both Paragon and Renegade points, to show that even without a major decision, Shepard was more famous and had more influence as a result. This confused some players and made others angry – people who wanted to play pure Paragon didn’t like getting rewarded with both Paragon and Renegade points. In Mass Effect 3, whenever there’s a mission with no major decision, you will get Reputation points that add to your overall score but don’t carry a Paragon or Renegade flavor. The bar on your screen will grow, but the Paragon/Renegade ratio will remain unchanged.

Awwww yeah! That poorly executed system (and my biggest gripe with ME2) is gone. The more balanced Renegade/Paragon system should make the game so much more enjoyable than ME2.

HYPE!!!

ow shit now i cant handle a romance in Mass Effect 3 anymore.... just watch this disturbing romance video with jack.
Agsii is the best channel on youtube. I love their work.

Ugh, I keep telling myself to not check this thread from fear of spoilers, and I keep seeing posts where people have edited spoilers. I need to just keep away...

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
Not mine,I have to wait until next week Friday as well...curses
Some Wallmart already decided to get a head start.

https://twitter.com/#!/km3710

oekkszuxjtw1.jpg

mgnbdisjtw1.jpg

Unboxing video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AnyprdQN6bU

I was just talking to another friend of mine that it's about that time to start checking up on my local sell-early store, the guy already got SFxT today, although it was a promo/not for sale copy from what he showed me in a pic.

If I'm lucky, I might have it on Monday already, but I'll be calling from tomorrow already.

Dany

Banned
Anyone heard news about an official soundtrack release?

I'd hope with when the game is released considering it is in the CE edition.

The reputation system sounds cool, really seems like playing like you wanna won't penalize you like in ME2

RkOwnage

Checked 2 of my local walmarts, theres another only about 5 mins away from me (I swear, Savannah has a Walmart every 5 miles) and see if they got it in early. I got it preordered and paid off at Gamestop, but it's only the regular edition, I am determined to get a LE. Will probably hit up Walmart at midnight Monday instead of Gamestop, and see if I can snag one, then move my Gamestop preorder to MLB the Show 12

TLDR: I want a LE! :D

LuchaShaq

Banned
I like the new system too. I just finished replaying 1 and 2 and feeling like I had to hover the cursor in the bottom right part of the screen the whole time got old fast. They finally listened to that criticism at least.

Always confused me why anyone would want to play and go in saying "oh I'm picking every paragon or every renegade option". Would have made me super bored with the dialogue. Always just put myself in their shoes and went from there...and basically did every interrupt both paragon and renegade because they were usually great.

methodman

Banned
this gen has had a lot of great fucking trilogies developed in it and ended in it (3 games).

i still think mass effect is my favorite though, hopefully me3 continues that.

RPGCrazied

Played the demo on PS3. Other than the aliasing issues, it played fairly well. No screen tearing. Please tell me though, the full game will run 1080p? I was only getting 720p during the demo. Sure the FPS was a little low, but nothing like Dragon Age: Origins on the PS3. That's pretty bad. Also, how do I get the item unlocks for reckoning? I beat the demo, but I didn't get any clarification on those items. I was connected to the server, hopefully that is all that it takes.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Played the demo on PS3. Other than the aliasing issues, it played fairly well. No screen tearing. Please tell me though, the full game will run 1080p? I was only getting 720p during the demo. Sure the FPS was a little low, but nothing like Dragon Age: Origins on the PS3. That's pretty bad. Also, how do I get the item unlocks for reckoning? I beat the demo, but I didn't get any clarification on those items. I was connected to the server, hopefully that is all that it takes.

It's 720p. Very, very few games run at 1080p on PS3, or consoles for that matter. Some just allow themselves to be scaled up to 1080p (which is why your set will say it's a 1080p signal) but that usually blurs the game a lot if you let your PS3 do it. I force 720p when playing sub-HD games that don't default to 720 since it looks a lot better to let my TV handle it.

RPGCrazied

It's 720p. Very, very few games run at 1080p on PS3, or consoles for that matter. Some just allow themselves to be scaled up to 1080p (which is why your set will say it's a 1080p signal) but that usually blurs the game a lot if you let your PS3 do it. I force 720p when playing sub-HD games that don't default to 720 since it looks a lot better to let my TV handle it.

I can't force it. My 23" Samsung is 1080p. It's set to 1080p on my PS3. I can't change it on the monitor itself. If the game uses 1080p, it does, if not it just reverts to 720p. Thanks for answering though. Do you know about the item unlocks for reckoning?

bengraven

From the rep article:

Sadly, in Mass Effect 3, as war tears families apart and reduces entire continents to glowing craters, saying “I’m Commander Shepard, and this is my favorite store on the Citadel,” doesn’t carry as much weight as it used to. People are already going to be selling you things they wouldn’t ordinarily sell, because you’re the last hope for the universe.

haha, now I almost regret going to every single store and doing it. I think in ME3 I'll have bankrupted the Citadel.

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
So do we actually know if film grain isn't in the full game now?

Considering moving to UE3 was suppose to be a step forward, Bioware sure have made a lot of really odd choices with the game that seems like they have taken a few steps back, especially when, whether you liked it or not, film grain was something they used to give that old sci-fi vibe and then to have it removed in the last game, pretty lame.

Also did Biotic powers look off to anyone else, I used Shockwave in the second part of the demo and it looks pretty meh compared to how it looked in ME2

Zeal

Banned
Had it in the back at Walmart but I struck out with a pissy manager. Usually can talk my way through these things, but he wasn't budging.

That's ok, I got a few more Walmarts to go.

Top Bottom