• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 3 |OT| Space Jesus Returns (tag all spoilers)

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
I can't force it. My 23" Samsung is 1080p. It's set to 1080p on my PS3. I can't change it on the monitor itself. If the game uses 1080p, it does, if not it just reverts to 720p. Thanks for answering though. Do you know about the item unlocks for reckoning?
By forcing it I meant switching your PS3 to output as 720p max resolution.

The item unlocks for Reckoning are tied to your Origin account. They should automatically unlock once you login.

Is there any word on how major the ME2 DLC will factor into ME3? I bought two of them but deleted them from my HDD. I am replaying it now in preparation for ME3. Should I download them again and finish them? Will I not get a character like Kasume in ME3 if I didn't get her DLC in ME2?

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
I see Reckoner-Knight, but not the Omniblades. Does that show up too, or is that part of that?

You get Reckoner-Knight armour for just downloading the demo and Chakram Launcher for playing the demo till the end of the time limit (or just standing around).
The Omniblades are for Kingdoms of Amalur from the ME3 demo.

There are no unlocks for ME3 from the ME3 demo as far as I am aware, the only other armour set that is outside the main game and day 1 DLC is the N7 Defender Armour which is from Pre-ordering.

Pollux

Oh, I didn't see the other thread:

D7Et7.png

Yeah girl. Yeah.

So, Jack decided not to keep the haircut.

RPGCrazied

Oh well. I played both demos for both games. Surely I will get them both. What I'm saying is, I want the reckoning items, not ME3.

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
Oh well. I played both demos for both games. Surely I will get them both. What I'm saying is, I want the reckoning items, not ME3.

It is just the Omniblades from the ME3 demo, you get the N7 Armour in KoA:R from buying the game new and activating the games on-line pass.

Pollux

So, here's the plan. Best Buy opens at 10 am on Tuesday. I will be there when the doors open. Think I'll get a Collector's Edition?

RPGCrazied

I gather that... now. :p As you can tell, I don't have reckoning yet, so I can't check right now. Just I have played both demos.

nyong

Banned
Not sure if it's been noted here, but Mass Effect: Galaxy seems to have been pulled from the iTunes Store. I'm guessing they don't want it to be confused with the upcoming game, which I'm sure they put more effort into. Am I missing anything noteworthy story-wise? I want all my bases covered in anticipation for Tuesday...

DTKT

Not sure if it's been noted here, but Mass Effect: Galaxy seems to have been pulled from the iTunes Store. I'm guessing they don't want it to be confused with the upcoming game, which I'm sure they put more effort into. Am I missing anything noteworthy story-wise? I want all my bases covered in anticipation for Tuesday...

Nope, its has no impact whatsoever.

I gather that... now. :p As you can tell, I don't have reckoning yet, so I can't check right now. Just I have played both demos.

Amalur, as far as I know, does not have the same set-up as the BSN where you can look at your DLC. The Amalur thread has specific instructions on where to pick up the Omniblades in that game.

Megasoum

Banned
I'm so tempted to buy dlc for ME2 right now lol.. even if 3 is coming out in a couple of days...

I finished all the dlc on 360 when they first came out but I did a new playthrough on PC a couple of months ago and I will buy 3 on PC so this is the save that will be imported. I re-bought shadow broker and huh the AI one (can't remember the name right now) on pc already but I'm really tempted to get Kasumi and Arrival...

I know that Arrival will probably have zero impact on my save, I just kind want to see that again (I guess I could also check it on youtube lol). And for Kasumi well, I guess she could appear in 3 if you did the DLC? I know she won't be playable so in the end it has only a minor impact but who knows...

Vire

http://uk.ps3.ign.com/articles/121/1219416p1.html

Part 3 of the review in progress..

I'm guessing a 9.5 - 10 for the final review.

IGN said:
Mass Effect 3 marks the culmination of the most engrossing, engaging and entertaining story ever told in gaming's winding history. And I can't wait to deliver my final verdict on the game next week. But perhaps more importantly, I can't wait for you to get your hands on it to see how much of an accomplishment the realization of the entirety of the trilogy truly is.

Jesus...

I think half of GAF just threw up in their mouth a little bit.

HYPE!

Vire

When does the review embargo end?

Monday I believe.

"lagonz asks... Will this game allow me to go back to places I've been before?

Colin answers... Without spoiling things too deeply, yes. Expect to go back to plenty of locales you're familiar with. And we're not only talking about the predictable locations like The Citadel, either
. This goes back to why it's so important to have played Mass Effect and Mass Effect 2 before jumping in to Mass Effect 3. Otherwise, you may not be able to appreciate that you've been to these places before or the history of what's happened at certain locations. "

Sweet!

Derrick01

Banned
Jesus...

I think half of GAF just threw up in their mouth a little bit.

I know I did. Even including ME1 I still wouldn't put it in the top 5 RPG stories because it's disrespectful to Obsidian/Black Isle and other more talented developers.

At least I know I can disregard IGN's review since they are clearly being driven by GTA 4 levels of hype now.

Vire

I know I did. Even including ME1 I still wouldn't put it in the top 5 RPG stories because it's disrespectful to Obsidian/Black Isle and other more talented developers.

At least I know I can disregard IGN's review since they are clearly being driven by GTA 4 levels of hype now.

I think what makes Mass Effect's "story", special is how incredibly well realized of a world it is. There are so many different races with interesting and compelling back stories to them. They've managed to make you feel like you are apart of this entirely vast and expansive new world and not many games can say that.

The storyline itself of the struggle against the Reapers is really just an means to end to develop relationships and have those meaningful conversations with other characters.

At least that's my take.

GSR

Apparently the Amazon digital order is pre-loadable from tomorrow onwards; I wonder if that includes the digital soundtrack/artbook. If so, it's going to get that much harder to dodge spoilers.

I think what makes Mass Effect's "story", special is how incredibly well realized of a world it is. There are so many different races with interesting and compelling back stories to them. They've managed to make you feel like you are apart of this entirely vast and expansive new world and not many games can say that.

The storyline itself of the struggle against the Reapers is really just an means to end to develop relationships and have those meaningful conversations with other characters.

At least that's my take.

Agreed. I don't think that justifies the relative simplicity of the overall ME plot, but it certainly more than makes up for it. The ME universe really feels alive, as though it exists for more than just Shepard.

Apparently the Amazon digital order is pre-loadable from tomorrow onwards; I wonder if that includes the digital soundtrack/artbook. If so, it's going to get that much harder to dodge spoilers.

Hmmm, for people who pre-order from Amazon, can we just input our code into Origin? Because all copies of the game require Origin right?

GSR

Hmmm, for people who pre-order from Amazon, can we just input our code into Origin? Because all copies of the game require Origin right?

You can. You can also download directly from Amazon, though I'm not sure how well Origin is able to detect such copies.

At least that's my take.

But, none of the alien races are developed. The only interesting ones that aren't human-like barely get any screentime. Even the aliens themselves get barely any development and are instead put on back burner for the "Humans are special"!

Top Bottom