• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 3 |OT| Space Jesus Returns (tag all spoilers)

aloeh

Neo Member
DAMN it I caved and watched the Citadel tour video. Shit...

But GODDAMN

90315102_dance_gif.gif

I watched too.

517902_o.gif

Beautiful.

Kem0sabe

Your crew hang out on the Citadel now when you dock.

In my playthrough there will be no "hanging out" while the galaxy is at stake and earth is being burned down to cinders... the first Normandy crew i find lounging or dancing to dubstep will get shot in the head there and then.

I will go through everywhere running and screaming "get out of my way".

Bowdz

Just tell me this, is it like a big hub from ME1?

Yes. 6 stories, very detailed, great color scheme, looks like there is a lot to do in terms of sidequests, and it looks like they nailed the current war atmosphere. It's like they took the best parts of the ME2 Citadel and added them to the ME1 Citadel.

ShaneB

I've pretty much avoided this thread in fears of accidental spoilers, and I've gone in fairly blind, but a quick question.

Is there any knowledge of knowing if the soundtrack harkens back to the greatness of Mass Effect 1?

Salvadora

I've pretty much avoided this thread in fears of accidental spoilers, and I've gone in fairly blind, but a quick question.

Is there any knowledge of knowing if the soundtrack harkens back to the greatness of Mass Effect 1?
From what I've listened to, Yes.

Derrick01

Banned
Yes. 6 stories, very detailed, great color scheme, looks like there is a lot to do in terms of sidequests, and it looks like they nailed the current war atmosphere. It's like they took the best parts of the ME2 Citadel and added them to the ME1 Citadel.

How is a story defined here? I'm not sure if the parts of the citadel in ME2 count as stories, but the 3 or so that were there were pretty empty and only had a couple shops and really minor sidquests like the Krogan who wanted the fish.

I won't say much, but yes.

It also its good share of its own new tracks.

I went and checked my ME2 save files to make sure everything was where I wanted it, and I decided to start a game on insanity. The game froze up as soon as it was about to let me customize my facial features. GREAT!

I hope to goodness this game is really solid when it drops. : (

edit: awesome, twice in a row. Guess I won't play it, then.

Is it that good? i know your pretty negative about ME3 so it must be the best thing ever.

CAN NOT WAIT ... "and i'm not going to watch"

Yea I have been a negative Nancy lately and the Citadel video has converted me back to Space Jesusism. I am literally blown away at the graphical difference between 2 and 3.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
The only thing im afraid of about hubs, is that by making the Citadel much bigger than in ME2, we wont have other decent hubs like Illium or Omega.

Hopefully, i'm proven wrong.

GSR

Hmm, so now hubs like the citadel are only for shep with no group?

Your crew hang out on the Citadel now when you dock.

That's kind of a shame; I liked getting opinions from my party on the various going-ons on the Citadel. Guess we'll have to wait and see how it's implemented; hopefully it's neither a case of them vanishing into the ether or them standing in one place like they're still on the Normandy.

Dany

Banned
The only thing im afraid of about hubs, is that by making the Citadel much bigger than in ME2, we wont have other decent hubs like Illium or Omega.

Thats my question, what other hubs are their besides the Citadel, also, why havnt' the reapers attacked the citadel?

Also, with the entire universe on the bridge of collapse why are people selling/buying...why...eh...

whatever...

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician

I'll miss something like Omega, but I can live without another Citadel-lite like Illium was.

Bowdz

How is a story defined here? I'm not sure if the parts of the citadel in ME2 count as stories, but the 3 or so that were there were pretty empty and only had a couple shops and really minor sidquests like the Krogan who wanted the fish.

For the walk through video, it looked like
there were refugees everywhere with a large refugee center at the main dock. It looked very populated with medical clinics packed with injured and debris/luggage is strewn everywhere.
It looked damn good in the video.

Kem0sabe

Thats my question, what other hubs are their besides the Citadel, also, why havnt' the reapers attacked the citadel?

Also, with the entire universe on the bridge of collapse why are people selling/buying...why...eh...

whatever...

Nope... Citadel is pretty much confirmed as the only hub world. Minor Minor spoiler from demo used as example...
There are some little interstitial moments before the shit hits the fan in a few worlds, like the one shown in the single player demo (before you rescue the krogan female, you get to talk some with the salarians on base).

Nope... Citadel is pretty much confirmed as the only hub world. Minor Minor spoiler from demo used as example...
There are some little interstitial moments before the shit hits the fan in a few worlds, like the one shown in the single player demo (before you rescue the krogan female, you get to talk some with the salarians on base).

*clears throat* Well damn...

scarybore

DAMN it I caved and watched the Citadel tour video. Shit...

But GODDAMN

90315102_dance_gif.gif

Probably shouldn't have watched it but it looks very good, I like the easter egg on the right side of the screen at around 1:02 minutes in.

Is it wrong that I would play this game for the music alone? Hated the PS3 demo, but God damn. I need more.

Wrong? No, but a bit odd yes. I tend to like a lot of Final Fantasy music but I wouldn't touch the games with a barge pole. :p

If we wanted to talk about near perfection, Super Metroid and Chrono Trigger would be the only 10s I could come up with. However, I enjoyed Chrono Trigger more, whereas I think Super Metroid is the better crafted experience.

Mega Man 2, 3, 4, and X are the only games I play at least once a month. I wouldn't give any of them a 10. X is the only one I'd even give above a 9. However, they seem to be my favorite games, and obviously have incredible staying power for me.

This is basically why I have a problem giving numbered values to things. For me, it feels like I have to give a pseudo-objective quality rank to something which may at the same time speak to me in a way I'd rather explain. There are so many games that I think aren't very well made, or have really distracting flaws, that I just can't get enough of. Saint's Row 3 was my GOTY last year for god's sakes.

Sotha Sil

Wrong? No, but a bit odd yes. I tend to like a lot of Final Fantasy music but I wouldn't touch the games with a barge pole. :p

It was a slight exaggeration. :)

I'm disappointed on several levels, but I still like the gameplay. However, I downright love the few tracks I've listened to.

Kem0sabe

*clears throat* Well damn...

When i say "pretty much confirmed" im going on gameplay leaks from people who got their hands on the game early. Are they trustworthy? dunno. But from what i can make sense of the game, it figures that the citadel would be the only major hub.

Can´t say i wasn´t expecting something like this, seeing the Reaper threat is ever present and this is a time for action and not talking.

Hopefully the references made in the IGN video of the Normandy, to the player conduction several negotiations between races/factions at the Normandy conference table, will be a welcomed addition for those of us who enjoy some respite from all the pew pew pew.

When i say "pretty much confirmed" im going on gameplay leaks from people who got their hands on the game early. Are they trustworthy? dunno. But from what i can make sense of the game, it figures that the citadel would be the only major hub.

Can´t say i wasn´t expecting something like this, seeing the Reaper threat is ever present and this is a time for action and not talking.

Hopefully the references made in the IGN video of the Normandy, to the player conduction several negotiations between races/factions at the Normandy conference table, will be a welcomed addition for those of us who enjoy some respite from all the pew pew pew.

Yea I know. And you're right, it does make more sense in the game world, still as a huge fan I love any little down time in hub worlds.

And I read about the little round table on the Normandy. Should be great =D

Deraldin

Unconfirmed Member
Didn't anyone here order from amazon.ca? Am I the only one this is happening to? I've been looking online for anyone else with this problem, and I seem to be the only one.

I've got my collector's edition order through amazon.ca as well and mine also says that it's shipping on March 9th. Can't say for sure what will happen as I'm pretty sure this has occurred to me before, but all of my games have actually shipped out on time. Will have to wait and see.

Kimaka

Excitement rising. This plus the changes to the reputation system are the best news I've heard.

Kunohara

I've got my collector's edition order through amazon.ca as well and mine also says that it's shipping on March 9th. Can't say for sure what will happen as I'm pretty sure this has occurred to me before, but all of my games have actually shipped out on time. Will have to wait and see.

Yeah, I mean, I've heard that Amazon is really good with shipping, so I'm hoping that they will actually ship on the 6th. I see no reason for them to wait 3 days, then ship. I just really want the game before the 12th at the latest.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Huh, my Origin Mass Effect 3 info changed from "Preload on 3/3, release on 3/6" to "available 3/3 3:00AM" (I'm in Japan, it's 0:30 here atm). From Dust DLC has the same release date.
I wonder if it's for preload or I'll be able to play today.

Arcteryx

shieeeeeeeeeeeet

I was honestly thinking of passing on this until later this year.

But damn...that Citadel hype
apae88szw4x.gif

pre-ordering today!!!

bigace33

Exactly

I have never played a game that's worth a 10, not even close. (yes i've played OOT, RE4, Skyrim ect and no none of them are even close to 10s).
Mass Effect 2 is very close to a 10 for me. The combat is just so incredibly addictive and fun. Fallout 3 is easily a 10 as well. Any game that can hold me for over 90+ hours has to be a 10.

Daft_Cat

Is it wrong that I would play this game for the music alone? Hated the PS3 demo, but God damn. I need more.

Given that you could simply purchase the soundtrack or listen to it online, yes, it would be silly to spend 30+ hours playing a game you hate..

Anyways, holy shit, Mass Effect 3 really snuck up on me! 2 is currently my favourite game of the generation, but for some reason I haven't been hyped up at all for 3. When's the review embargo down? Tuesday? I find it hard to believe we won't at least get one or two early reviews tonight.

Pakkidis

Very disappointed that citadel is the only hub, what I loved with ME2 was the multiple hubs, it made the planets/galaxy feel more alive.

Daft_Cat

Very disappointed that citadel is the only hub, what I loved with ME2 was the multiple hubs, it made the planets/galaxy feel more alive.

Fuck, really? That is a bit disheartening. I loved the contrast between Illium and Omega. Both felt so immersive, but in completely different ways. Really gave scope to the universe.

GSR

Huh, my Origin Mass Effect 3 info changed from "Preload on 3/3, release on 3/6" to "available 3/3 3:00AM" (I'm in Japan, it's 0:30 here atm). From Dust DLC has the same release date.
I wonder if it's for preload or I'll be able to play today.

I'm downloading my Amazon order right now, though I imagine it's just a pre-load.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!

Who knows, there could be planets like ME2 Tuchanka, which i dont really count as a hub since its so small, but it at least had some people to talk to outside of missions.

Top Bottom