• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 3 |OT| Space Jesus Returns (tag all spoilers)

Dennis

Banned
ahahaaha, look at those two cute juniors who thought they could be the first to post the launch trailer!

This is NeoGAF. Official motto: "It has already been posted"

SO....GLORIOUS.......

carlton_happy.gif

bigace33

Mouse/keyboard is still fine. I love having instant access to 8 abilities without needing to go through the "power wheel".
Oh M/KB controls are more than serviceable. In some respects they are much better than controllers. My problem stems from tougher fights when enemies are coming from all sides and I have to quickly re position my troops and concentrate on keeping my self safe. I could never play on insanity using a KB, on controller I only play on insanity. I guess it's just me being a console kiddy for most of my gaming "career".

rozay

Banned
Two Steps From Hell is a production music company based in Los Angeles, California. Founded by Nick Phoenix and Thomas J. Bergersen[1], the company produces music for movie trailers and top ten classical albums on iTunes, Amazon and CD Baby.

In particular, the group's music has been used in trailers for such films as Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2, Star Trek, The Dark Knight, The Fighter, Avatar, Rise of the Planet of the Apes, No Country For Old Men, 2012, X-Men Origins: Wolverine, X-Men: First Class, Pirates of the Caribbean, The Matrix, Inception, Drive Angry, The Twilight Saga: Eclipse, The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn, The Town, Priest and Prince of Persia, as well as video games such as Mass Effect 2, Mass Effect 3, Killzone 3, and Star Wars: The Old Republic and television shows such as Doctor Who, Game of Thrones, Blue Mountain State, Merlin and Frozen Planet.
mind blown. song is good, but I'll wait to watch it after I beat the game.

I lol'ed. Should've predicted they'd use Protectors of the Earth.

Great trailer, though. I said "holy fuck" when I saw
that space battle at the end

As someone who is trying to stay away from spoilers, but isn't too bothered about them, should I watch this trailer?

I've been so weak in the past with other games. This is the first game I can think of where I'm trying to avoid spoilers.

ShaneB

Ok, I totally called they'd be using Protectors of the Earth. With that Walking Dead CG promo that aired, I said "they should just use Protectors of the Earth".
KuGsj.gif

Derrick01

Banned
Some of the writing was as bad as what we saw in the intro from the demo.

I'm pretty sure I heard shepard give a YOU ARE ALREADY DEAD speech too. Good lord :lol

If you don't think too much about what you're seeing, sure, go ahead and watch it.

If your plan is to pause it every frame and analyze what you're seeing, skip it.

Glad I watched it. There were probably spoilers but nothing that made me go "why did I watch this trailer".

I got chills. I can't wait.

Gestahl

Some of the writing was as bad as what we saw in the intro from the demo.

I'm pretty sure I heard shepard give a YOU ARE ALREADY DEAD speech too. Good lord :lol

Bioware, despite being acclaimed by WRPG enthusiasts for years for their writing, has some of the most cringe-worthy dialogue. They're not Bethesda bad, but that's like comparing a really shitty chicken dinner to thin air so it's not really relevant.

Grisby

Shit. Had to cut that trailer off 30 secs in. I watched the ME2 one after finishing the game so I'll do the same with this.

I thought I saw one of my favorite crew members take a dive.

Looked really good though.

"Each of you needs to be willing to die. Anything less, and you're already dead."

You know, that really makes no sense. :lol

Also, for the rest that might want it, here's a bigger version of the art in the OT banner.

lKOSU.jpg

Gestahl

Between DAII, the script leaks and the recent ending spoilers that have everyone on somethingawful in a tizzy (not stupid enough to read them a week before release) I'm actually pleasantly waiting for this to come out, since it will not be hard for it to meet or exceed my expectations. At the very least it'll be the most competent of the trilogy gameplay-wise.

Top Bottom