• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 3 |OT| Space Jesus Returns (tag all spoilers)

Pakkidis

Fuck, really? That is a bit disheartening. I loved the contrast between Illium and Omega. Both felt so immersive, but in completely different ways. Really gave scope to the universe.

Yes, that is exactly the point I was trying to make. One of my complaints with ME1 was how you got all the sidequests from Citadel. It really reduced the scope and feel of the Galaxy.

The reputation changes they make sound good however like the preivous games they are not really implemented very well. Regardless of how you play the outcome is always the same . KOTOR still to this day has the best implementation of a morality system.

goddammit im such a cheap ass i had to preorder it on some cheap cd key site so i can only download it on march 6th but bless 3.5mb/s speed so it should take 1 hour to get and install.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
I preordered the regular edition, but im tempted in changing it to the collector edition if there is still some available when the EB games guy will call me this weekend to confirm they got their copies. It's a little isolated/hidden EB games stuck between 2 buildings and barely visible unless you know its there, so maybe there is some chances...

Vamphuntr

I've heard that the N7 missions are only planet scanning in this one. Even if the objective is to rescue someone, you don't really go help them you send a probe/shuttle while scanning. Is this true? Pretty hilarious if it is the case.

I've heard that the N7 missions are only planet scanning in this one. Even if the objective is to rescue someone, you don't really go help them you send a probe/shuttle while scanning. Is this true? Pretty hilarious if it is the case.

Not true.

There are some missions that are like that.

Lakitu

st5fu
I also heard that some are timed... and how significant are these N7 missions? Are they as big as the main missions?

Vamphuntr

Not true.

There are some missions that are like that.

I'll check tonight. My friend has the game and we're supposed to play it later tonight. He played a bit and said many of the side missions were like that so far.

Hopefully there are real sidequests in there.

Derrick01

Banned
I also heard that some are timed... and how significant are these N7 missions? Are they as big as the main missions?

From the IGN thing they made it seem like some of the missions are timed as in if you don't do them before doing a certain story mission then the chance to do them disappears. Not that they're actually timed.

But this thing I'm seeing now where some of the missions are just send a shuttle/probe to help is new to me and I don't like that at all. That doesn't even qualify as a mission or side quest to me.

bigace33

Which version is everyone buying?
PC since I no longer have a 360. I prefer controller to M/KB but I have adapted to the PC versions controls. Since this is the final game in the trilogy I'm trying to decide whether to get an actual physical copy of the game or get it digital.

Dave_6

PS3 version here. Never bought ME2 on 360 so I went ahead and got it on PS3 as it was the 'complete' version. If the PS3 version runs worse, so be it.

Derrick01

Banned
Which version is everyone buying?

I was going to rent it on PS3 but I was given 80 in amazon credit and as I said in that recent Origin thread I'm using it on my empty laptop so I figured why not get me3 on PC? It's where my saves are after all.

I'm only a little bummed because I won't be able to max ME3 on my laptop whereas I could on my main PC but judging from how badly it performed on PS3, running it on medium settings would be a huge boost.

aknbad30

Banned
I guess I'm getting the PC version, though I'm not to happy about no gamepad controls. I played ME1 on PC and ME2 on 360. I would buy it on 360 but it has been sporadically reading disks lately. I'm afraid to get it on PS3 after that Skyrim fiasco.

That being said....can anybody answer this question?

Will a ME2 save file from here http://www.masseffect2saves.com/index.php work for ME3? If so how would I import them?

Edit: This is for the PC version.

I guess I'm getting the PC version, though I'm not to happy about no gamepad controls. I played ME1 on PC and ME2 on 360. I would buy it on 360 but it has been sporadically reading disks lately. I'm afraid to get it on PS3 after that Skyrim fiasco.

That being said....can anybody answer this question?
put the save in
Documents\BioWare\Mass Effect 2\Save
ME3 should see it and ask to import, like ME2 did for ME1

bigace33

360 because I despise the dual shock, and also because I played ME1 and 2 on 360.
I would love to have a dual shock on my PC version. :^(
PC controls are fine for menu navigation and normal battles, but the more frantic battles just feel awkward with M/KB. I struggled a bit too much on Horizen to me fumbling through M/KB controls. The controller just feels natural in this game. Still enjoying it, but I would be surgical even using a dual shock controller.

shamanick

I'll be getting PS3 first because I love trophies, but I'm really hoping they put out a game of the forever trilogy pack for 360 with all additional content on the disc(s). I'd be all over that.

LuchaShaq

Banned
360 - used through gamefly (would have bought day one CE but fuck online passes) but will get online pass when I buy it since they send the inserts with the case. A bit hypocritical but it's the most excited I've ever been for a game so at least I'm still semi on my no online pass stance.

PC - 5-10$ on sale a year or 2 later if it ever ends up on steam and gamepad support is modded/patched in.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Mouse/keyboard is still fine. I love having instant access to 8 abilities without needing to go through the "power wheel".

dreamfall

PS3 N7 here. Been working on trying to recreate my FemShep in time for release, played the previous two titles on 360. I just want to make sure she hits 30 in time! It's bringing back some amazing nostalgia replaying ME2 on this system- remembering how I felt when hitting Omega, looking for Thane, etc. Even having the DLC on this disk, I keep replaying it in the same order when I first ran through it. So glorious!

JeTmAn81

Since I'm an OG day 1 Mass Effect player, I'll be getting it on 360 to finish the trilogy with my original Shepard.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Mouse/keyboard is still fine. I love having instant access to 8 abilities without needing to go through the "power wheel".
I plugged my X360 on the first ME1 playthrough and it was one of the reasons I stopped playing for a really long time. Hate gamepad shooting controls.

My issue stems more from the fact that space bar is the do everything button. I'm fine with context sensitive buttons, but not when its a keyboard and they make use and sprint the same key.

Kem0sabe

Would kill for everything having proper configurable keybinding tho :(

Anyways, getting it on PC as well, tried the demo on my PS3 and it sucked compared to the PC version.

PS3 for me.

I would play it on my PC but for some reason I can't complete Shadow Broker on there, I get to the car chase and the screen goes black but sound still plays. Nothing I do can make it work, so my real canon-run is tainted.

Also, does anyone know if flying the Normandy in the galaxy map uses up fuel like in ME2?

Top Bottom