• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 3 |OT| Space Jesus Returns (tag all spoilers)

Alright, since most of us are going to have to cool our heels for the next 4-5 days or so, and since idle hands are the Devil's Playground, I propose a little game.

We were talking earlier about the influence that certain movies and TV shows of the 60's, 70's and 80's had on Mass Effect. I'm going to post pics from 10 science fiction movies or TV shows that may have had a small, or large influence on the Mass Effect fiction. Some big, some small. First person to list all 10 sources correctly gets a free $5.00 steam gift of their choice from me. Only thing I ask is that you in turn are reponsible to put up 10 images of your own and offer the same prize to the next person in line.

Basic rules:
-No Tineye! Don't cheat! Wikipedia is ok if you have an idea and want to confirm your suspicions.

-You can only win once!

-Don't be creepy. You know what I mean.

And here we go...

Urzif.jpg

uKjSr.jpg

U6NB0.jpg

S3L1k.jpg

XA9UW.jpg

nkLSs.jpg

U4CWP.jpg

kHDMS.jpg

Seniy.jpg

Mx8Kz.jpg

Replicant

Had to change shipping address and now it isn't release date delivery

O_O I am going to break someone

With Amazon? Wrong mistake. When you change shipping address (or make any other changes) on pre-order items, Amazon automatically takes you out of your current queue (say #68) and put you on the bottom of the queue (say #1189). Because that's just how their stupid system works.

I learned this the hardest way a few times before I finally realized how their stupid system works.

Dany

Banned
With Amazon? Wrong mistake. When you change shipping address (or make any other changes) on pre-order items, Amazon automatically takes you out of your current queue (say #68) and put you on the bottom of the queue (say #1189). Because that's just how their stupid system works.

I learned this the hardest way a few times before I finally realized how their stupid system works.

Damn, didn't know that. I'm with chat. Hopefully they'll fix it.

The downsides with buying PC these days, by and large, there are no broken street dates.

You know as a way to show some appreciation to PC gamers, let us play it early for a week. I mean damn, you're getting a larger cut from us then from console gamers. Shit, after retailers get their cut, then they have to pay licensing fees to Sony & Microsoft. Plus if you want to make a patch you have to go through some shitty, lengthy and expensive authenticating process. I mean damn, show us PC Gamers some more LOVE!

You know as a way to show some appreciation to PC gamers, let us play it early for a week. I mean damn, you're getting a larger cut from us then from console gamers. Shit, after retailers get their cut, then they have to pay licensing fees to Sony & Microsoft. Plus if you want to make a patch you have to go through some shitty, lengthy and expensive authenticating process. I mean damn, show us PC Gamers some more LOVE!

You already get the game at a discounted price and the option of Preloading it via digtial formats. Dont be unreasonable. Giving timed exclusives to one platform is completely out of the question not only would Microsoft and Sony kick up a fuss but they do their best to keeps spoilers under wraps having the game official out a week early would destroy that spoiler protection for the other formats..

PC gamers wonder why the rest of the community looks at them as elitist...

So thanks to the whole GAME screw up iv had to jump hoops big time.

Collectors Edition ordered from HMV
Standard Edition ordered from Zavvi (for the N7 Warfare pack + M55 Argus)

Ill be trading in the Standard Edition at my GF's work for cost price most likely but still

Dresden

You already get the game at a discounted price and the option of Preloading it via digtial formats. Dont be unreasonable. Giving timed exclusives to one platform is completely out of the question not only would Microsoft and Sony kick up a fuss but they do their best to keeps spoilers under wraps having the game official out a week early would destroy that spoiler protection for the other formats..

Discounted price? Not many big titles come out at $50 anymore on the pc.

Sarcasm detector needs a tuning.

Replicant

I'm right there with you. : (

I just moved apartments last weekend, and I had to change it. So long day-of...
What piss me off more about Amazon system is that by taking you out of the queue, you may lose a chance at some of the limited edition stuff. I don't see why I should be penalized in my queue for changing something as important as address or credit card detaild. I already preordered first before everyone else, dang it.

You know while listening to the Suicide Mission theme from ME2 (so epic), I was thinking a little bit about those closing scenes when Sheppard and the crew are running out of the collector base at the end of the game. They were cool but they lacked something. I was thinking those last scenes could have been so much better; they would have been such a great opportunity for some epic cutscene action segments. And more than that, actually do class-specific cutscenes; really give that personal touch to your Sheppard.

Like a scene where an adept Sheppard is throwing warp and singularity everywhere as Mordin and the others are struggling to escape. Or Grunt and Thane are pinned down as they try to escape and collectors are advancing on to their position and out of nowhere both collectors take bullets to the head. Sheppard is a distance away and decloaks with a sniper rifle in tow, Grunt and Thane nod and Sheppard runs with them. Or better yet at the penultimate sequence where a Vanguard Sheppard is running towards the shuttle to leave and the shuttle is actually taking off and you don't know if Sheppard is going to make it or not, but then at the last second he/she biotic charges straight to the ship and turns around and gives that cinematic bad-ass stare as the shuttle doors close. I'm not the only one who thought of this right?

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Zaeed's thick, leathery skin gives him an extra layer of defense. His gross fake eye gives him an intimidate boost as well.

rozay

Banned
Mass Genocide run over.

Only Zaeed lives.
Don't you need 2 characters alive to live? Who was your second pick?

I have a run where I kill as many people in the past 2 games as possible, but I still haven't decided on who's going to be the least important of all the squaddies. Thinking morinth, but she might just take her mom's place.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
If there's any talk of the launch trailer in here could you guys please use spoiler tags? I never watch any launch trailers since they're usually packed with spoilers.

MNC

Actually, they're not getting a larger cut from us... Console markets nowadays are way bigger than PC. It's pretty unusual for PC games to sell better than their console counterparts.

Sober

If there's any talk of the launch trailer in here could you guys please use spoiler tags? I never watch any launch trailers since they're usually packed with spoilers.
Any relevant talk of the launch trailer will be heated discussion on whether or not it lives up to the ME2 one. (if not then I guess we can always dissect it frame-for-frame).

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
I don't think it's gone up yet.

I knew that. I just heard it was coming soon and wanted to put pre-emptive advisement out there. I also just wanted to let people who are also on blackouts know that it might be good to avoid this one. I only just recently saw the ME2 one and it's filled with stuff I would have considered to be major spoilers. The Uncharted 3 one was the worst though, it literally showed almost the entire second half of the game. Glad I didn't watch that before I finished it.

Moaradin

Why is all their media coming from TWD now? I understand that one cross promotion trailer, but last week they did the live action trailer as well -_-

At least pick a better show.

MBison

Fuck with all these broken street dates and such worried I'm not going to be able to get a CE 360 on Tuesday. Aigh. Hate.

Why is all their media coming from TWD now? I understand that one cross promotion trailer, but last week they did the live action trailer as well -_-

At least pick a better show.

It's kind of an interesting escalation ploy. Are they going to pick Once Upon A Time? More people are going to pre-order if it COMES OUT AT MIDNIGHT THE NEXT DAY OMG.

TWD gets views.

I missed out on banning people during the Skyward Sword reviews as the reception wasn't anywhere near as maniacal as I hoped (Uncharted 3 won that award), but Mass Effect 3 could be a suitable follow up. I look forward to the fanboy meltdowns and irrational dismissal of every review under a 10, and the delicious bans that will follow.

There's people that think this game will deserve a 10? I've never played a game that deserved a 10. In my mind, a 10 is pure myth: it's an amalgam of the best parts of every genre, of every game ever created. It's a game that knows no ending, and shows consistent awesomeness. It's a game that never grows dull, as it always finds a way to surprise you.

Mass Effect 3 won't be a ten. :lol

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Resident Evil 4 and Super Metroid are 10/10. Forever.

Top Bottom