• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 3 |OT| Space Jesus Returns (tag all spoilers)

Dresden

The trailer was kinda meh. Wish I held firm on not watching it.

Also I was surprised they didn't stick Liara in there
for the Bioware Sex Scene.

Between DAII, the script leaks and the recent ending spoilers that have everyone on somethingawful in a tizzy (not stupid enough to read them a week before release) I'm actually pleasantly waiting for this to come out, since it will not be hard for it to meet or exceed my expectations. At the very least it'll be the most competent of the trilogy gameplay-wise.

Did the script leaks match the ending spoilers? I know that script that leaked was real, but I'm curious how complete it actually was and if they bothered to make any changes. I have not actually seen the script so I really don't know what the issue with was.

Between DAII, the script leaks and the recent ending spoilers that have everyone on somethingawful in a tizzy (not stupid enough to read them a week before release) I'm actually pleasantly waiting for this to come out, since it will not be hard for it to meet or exceed my expectations. At the very least it'll be the most competent of the trilogy gameplay-wise.

How will you feel if I tell you that the people crying for the endings are doing it by the words of some that played the game and loved the endings?

Did the script leaks match the ending spoilers? I know that script that leaked was real, but I'm curious how complete it actually was and if they bothered to make any changes. I have not actually seen the script so I really don't know what the issue with was.

Without giving any details, the endings in the leaked script and the ones that have come out recently, are different. And the events of each would probably have a hard time of working together in the same ending.

G17

I have to say even with Mansell's brilliant work over the past decade I didn't know what direction he'd take Mass Effect 3 and after just playing the demo the Earth track when you fly away has me mesmerized.

I kind of was hoping that they'd use Clint Mansell's Dead Reckoning for the Launch trailer for the second song though. :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pa33P9A5iHs

Vamphuntr

The space battle at the end looked really cool but my god the writing lol. Can't believe there is a you are already dead line in the game. I counted at least 4 explosions in the trailers too.

Kem0sabe

It´s mostly the same. The endings pissed people off because there was
no happily ever after
i guess, at least the Disney variety of that. Personally i think each one of the endings is very well done.

Without giving any details, the endings in the leaked script and the ones that have come out recently, are different. And the events of each would probably have a hard time of working together in the same ending.

So which are you inclined to believe people are lying now about the ending or it got changed at some point?

Edit: Just saw the post above. Really people are bent out of shape because there is no
happy ending really? I never expected things to end well no matter what happened. A bunch of meat bags are fighting super machines.

Mario007

so is this going to be another recruitment fest like DA:O or ME2 and the we'll all have one big mission on earth? (this might sound mean but i'm genuinely interested, i think Bioware got recruitment fest of DA:O right...ME2, not so much)

Vamphuntr

That's because they apparently added a cutscene after the credits and this one was not in the script.

Dresden

So which are you inclined to believe people are lying now about the ending or it got changed at some point?

Edit: Just saw the post above. Really people are bent out of shape because there is no ____ ending really

See, I don't think people even want to know what kind of endings we're getting right now. Saying there are no
happy
endings is in itself a spoiler.

JerkShep

I really hope that the ending has some montage like the Fallout New Vegas one, with various characters narrating the consequences of our actions (Wrex for Krogans, Tali for Quarians and so on)..like DA:O with voice acting basically. We'll see.

Westraid

Dat launch trailer.
ME2's launch trailer is my all time favourite, but this one comes super close.

Kind of makes me want to replay ME1 and ME2 so I'm completely back into the story when 3 launches, but I fear that - despite waiting for the EU launch - I'll be extremely short on time.

Kaiden worst party member confirmed.
Yeah I'm kind of regretting killing off Ashley. Maybe I should just replay the games after all, just to set that error right.

G17

so is this going to be another recruitment fest like DA:O or ME2 and the we'll all have one big mission on earth? (this might sound mean but i'm genuinely interested, i think Bioware got recruitment fest of DA:O right...ME2, not so much)

Well it does seem like we'll have to "recruit" all the races in a sense but it should be much more exciting to learn about each race, their issues, history, and their planets more in depth while fighting on them. I do hope a bunch of the game like a third is on earth/in space defending earth though.

Prologue

Not better than ME3 Launch trailer. This definitely could have been prepared better.

But still, after watching that. Here is my reaction.

tumblr_lk0fjtPLe51qh3wvzo1_250.gif

Mario007

Well it does seem like we'll have to "recruit" all the races in a sense but it should be much more exciting to learn about each race, their issues, history, and their planets more in depth while fighting on them. I do hope a bunch of the game like a third is on earth/in space defending earth though.

Hopefully, otherwise it'd feel much like ME2 but instead of helping out one team member you help out a race, who conveniently needs help just as you arrive, until the final mission. I think it worked in DA:O simply because the quests involved discovering new locations in which there were more quests to do and sometimes even you had to go from one location to another to finish off the quest. Also the lore was very well explored in this was as it was the first game to the series and we didnt know anything about the world.

With ME2 it really ended up with just being a 'go here, shoot people, rescue your new team member' sort of job that would get broken up every 3 missions by a story mission. So i hope ME team took some cues from DA:O rather than continued their own thing.

Top Bottom