• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 3 |OT| Space Jesus Returns (tag all spoilers)

Dresden

Pretty sure my shepard hooked up with Liara in Shadow Broker then beat the game after having sex with Spacevader girl. Wonder how that would work out.

You can, but Bioware said there will be "consequences" for "cheating".

In fact I have one ME2 profile saved for this very reason between Ash and Miranda. I will enjoy the ensuing catfight =D

I cheated. Ash pretty much told Shep to fuck off, and Miranda was there for him.

Or, more correctly, she was willing to shag and had a body genetically engineered for perfection.

xXJonoXx

I just bought the second Mass Effect, (I recently beat the first one) and I had some questions:

In the first game I played a FemShep and romanced Liara. At the start of the second game, carrying my save over I can choose female or male shepherd. I know you can't same sex romance in ME2, so if I pick a male and romance say Miranda, can I switch back to FemShep in ME3 and see the resulting actions from both relationships?

Also, I really love Jennifer Hale as FemShep VO, so if I decide to keep that in ME2, and I obviously can't romance a female NPC, I have no interest in the male characters for my Shepherd. Can I just skip all romances and pick up the Liara one in ME3 as a FemShep?

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
Haven't been playing the MP demo in a good while because I wanted to finish another ME2 playthrough, and after probably 50 or more Vet packs I FINALLY got the Widow. Fuck yeah.

Works perfect with the Human Infiltrator with everything maxed for snipe rifle damage, and on top of that, I experimented having the Claymore AND the Widow on my level 18 Krogan, and he's the complete package, even on Silver now. Far, up close, I obliterate everything. I still have to see how I'd fare on Gold, but Silver is nothing to me now, and I was on top of the scoreboard with that setup too. Love it.

Dany

Banned
I just bought the second Mass Effect, (I recently beat the first one) and I had some questions:

In the first game I played a FemShep and romanced Liara. At the start of the second game, carrying my save over I can choose female or male shepherd. I know you can't same sex romance in ME2, so if I pick a male and romance say Miranda, can I switch back to FemShep in ME3 and see the resulting actions from both relationships?

Also, I really love Jennifer Hale as FemShep VO, so if I decide to keep that in ME2, and I obviously can't romance a female NPC, I have no interest in the male characters for my Shepherd. Can I just skip all romances and pick up the Liara one in ME3 as a FemShep?

Those would be different save files. You can import your Femshep from ME1 who romanced Liara and play ME2 with her or create a new shepard with new decisions and love interests.

Essentially you would have a Jane shepard save file from ME1 and a John shepard save from ME2 if you went male...

Am I making sense?

aloeh

Neo Member
No...no....no...noo...No...NO-NO NO NO NO NO NO NO

Will not watch.

I will

7526d5e2-e3aa-48e3-bed8-af27153e4d8a.jpg

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!

Er... as far as i know, if you carry your Shepard from one ME game to another, you can't change sex. Unless i got it all wrong?

Daft_Cat

YOU HAVE TO BE WILLING TO DIE; IF NOT YOURE ALREADY DEAD

jesus Bioware

that's almost as bad as it's not about strategy or tactics

That's a perfectly good line of dialogue. It doesn't sound cheesy, nor is it nonsensical. Quite simply- if you're not willing to risk your life in a proactive and offensive way, then the Reaper's victory is inevitable.

I'll grant you that it's context dependent, though. The trailer probably wasn't the best place for it.

I know there's been a ton of stuff about Cerberus in the books and comics do they ever explain why the Illusive Man has crazy robot eyes. I mean they look a whole like Saren's eyes did are they just prosthetics?

Dany

Banned
Always press R-stick to go to your next marker.

I liked what I saw of it, it was a different area than we've seen.

That's a perfectly good line of dialogue. It doesn't sound cheesy, nor is it nonsensical. Quite simply- if you're not willing to risk your life in a proactive and offensive way, then the Reaper's victory is inevitable.

I'll grant you that it's context dependent, though. The trailer probably wasn't the best place for it.

What most Mass Effect critics want from ME's writing;

tolstoy_big.jpg

jackdoe

It's definitely cheesy, nearly all video game dialogue is, but it fits and isn't bad. What probably will be bad is Bioware's cheesy dialogue for the romance options. It's been eye roll inducing for the past two ME games, I don't imagine that it will be any different this time.

mass_reserve3a0m2.gif

Please only take this as a joke. I was listening to the GB podcast with Casey Hudson, and something Hudson said about "we understand ME" made me remember think of this scene from seinfeld. I just had to do it.

Got my Origin pre-load going (damn Origin is crap...takes 2 minutes to start during which time my PC is completely frozen and I can do fuck all! Utter shite!). Anyway, for some reason the email I received says I can play on the 8th March yet the release schedule for the UK says 9th. One of them is wrong and I bet it's the email!

RetroMG

Went to check on my pre order for the CE at best buy today only to realize I accidentally ordered it for PS3. No wonder I got a CE so easily. If all my friends weren't getting it for 360 (and if I wasn't totally in love with the MP anyway) I would just go for it.

And as the only BB in my area that has the 360 version for in-store pickup is in a bad part of town on the back side of nowhere, I might break my usual rule and just have it shipped.

That creepy Tali scared the crap out of me! I'd smash my 360 on the ground midgame in horror if that's what she looks like.

And Seinfeld knows what's up. I just want to talk to Hanar, Elcor and Volus about their culture in HUB worlds for hours. Not pew pew pew on earth. I couldn't be more excited for ME3 though! That launch trailer lived up to my expectations!

Derrick01

Banned
That creepy Tali scared the crap out of me! I'd smash my 360 on the ground midgame in horror if that's what she looks like.

And Seinfeld knows what's up. I just want to talk to Hanar, Elcor and Volus about their culture in HUB worlds for hours. Not pew pew pew on earth. I couldn't be more excited for ME3 though! That launch trailer lived up to my expectations!

I don't know about hours, but I certainly need lots of stuff like that in my RPGs. There's no good reason why there can't be a healthy mixture of both world building and pew pew.

jackdoe

I don't know about hours, but I certainly need lots of stuff like that in my RPGs. There's no good reason why there can't be a healthy mixture of both world building and pew pew.
And to add to this, I don't want that world building to be simple "Codex Entries". While it's an easy way to disseminate information, it is also lazy and boring.

Top Bottom