• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 3 |OT| Space Jesus Returns (tag all spoilers)

You know what would be kind of neat, would be someone turning Mass Effect 1 (and maybe even 2) into interactive Youtube scenes which basically highlighted the critical paths of the games and maybe a couple of extras, letting people choose the major decisions via Youtube "buttons" that branch into other videos like a Choose Your Own Adventure book or the Genesis comic DLC.

Then at the very end, would be a Gibbed's custom save that matched those branching Youtube video paths.

grkazan12

So I've played ME 1 and 2 on the 360 and although my saves are on there, but I also have a great PC with ME 2 installed and it can max it out no problem. Well, I recently found a save that's pretty similar to my 360 save on the me2 saves website and I'm leaning towards getting ME3 on PC now.

t:l dr, Should I just stick with the 360 save or go with a very similar PC save? Is it sacrilege?

GSR

I figure that EA Ultra/GOTY Editions will start popping up again in the next few years.

I'm certain that we'll see a Mass Effect: The Complete Collection next year.

Maybe; it depends on how they'd feel about PS3 owners getting a smaller collection.

Enduin

No bald cap? Lies!
You know what would be kind of neat, would be someone turning Mass Effect 1 (and maybe even 2) into interactive Youtube scenes which basically highlighted the critical paths of the games and maybe a couple of extras, letting people choose the major decisions via Youtube "buttons" that branch into other videos like a Choose Your Own Adventure book or the Genesis comic DLC.

Then at the very end, would be a Gibbed's custom save that matched those branching Youtube video paths.

That would be really cool, but complicated as fuck. You'd need to have a secondary site for people to start at and was linked to with each branching path in order to log the choices and then redirect them back to youtube without any extra button clicking, and finally to then coalesce all the various choices to be downloaded in a complete save. It would literally require many dozens of youtube vids. But would fucking rad.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
So I've played ME 1 and 2 on the 360 and although my saves are on there, but I also have a great PC with ME 2 installed and it can max it out no problem. Well, I recently found a save that's pretty similar to my 360 save on the me2 saves website and I'm leaning towards getting ME3 on PC now.

t:l dr, Should I just stick with the 360 save or go with a very similar PC save? Is it sacrilege?

Alternatively; use Gibbed's Save Editor to convert your Xbox 360 save to PC ;).

No, weirdly, only the PS3 release which has Kasumi, Overlord and Shadow Broker. I'm not sure why they never bothered to make a full GOTY pack with all the DLC. I figured it was inevitable as a lead in to ME3.

Bummer. I won't buy spacebucks, but I would buy a new 'GOTY' version with all the DLC.

grkazan12

Alternatively; use Gibbed's Save Editor to convert your Xbox 360 save to PC ;).

WAIT WHAT, how do I get my save off the 360? I tried by copying it to a flash drive that was formated on the 360, but it wouldn't show up on the flash drive on my PC.

Any tips would be enormously appreciated.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
WAIT WHAT, how do I get my save off the 360? I tried by copying it to a flash drive that was formated on the 360, but it wouldn't show up on the flash drive on my PC.

Any tips would be enormously appreciated.

I don't own an Xbox 360 so I honestly don't know, sorry. But, you can try following this guide to see if it has the answers.

You don't even need the editor. Once you have the save on your computer you can upload it to the listed website and re-save it in a PC format.

Prologue

Anyone have any experience with Best buy pre-orders that were never picked up? A bit too late to call them now in where I live. Basically I pre-ordered 3 titles that were never picked up. Might as well put that cash towards ME3. Would they allow that?

Anyone have any experience with Best buy pre-orders that were never picked up? A bit too late to call them now in where I live. Basically I pre-ordered 3 titles that were never picked up. Might as well put that cash towards ME3. Would they allow that?
I really, really doubt you'll be able to get that put towards anything. You might just check to see, but don't hold your breath.

The interview with Raphael Sbarge on BioWareTV is really interesting. I never knew that the guy that played Kaiden plays Jiminy Cricket on Once Upon A Time.

aaaaand they just now said he was also Jiminy Cricket.

Prologue

Just a heads up, tomorrow is the last day for the +50% trade in for mass effect 3. Two recently "good" titles can pretty much get you the whole cost covered.

Sober

The interview with Raphael Sbarge on BioWareTV is really interesting. I never knew that the guy that played Kaiden plays Jiminy Cricket on Once Upon A Time.

aaaaand they just now said he was also Jiminy Cricket.
The entire time that guy was Carth? That's pretty interesting since he doesn't even look anything close to it or sound like it ever.

Enduin

No bald cap? Lies!
The entire time that guy was Carth? That's pretty interesting since he doesn't even look anything close to it or sound like it ever.

This is the voice of Ashley Williams.

She voices Tali.
ash-sroka-2.jpg

This is Wrex
1204261-stevenbarr_1a.jpg

He is Garrus.
263783-fb_photo_large.jpg

And as a bonus: this is guy was Saren.
181005-fred_large.jpg

EatChildren

And this is Liara.

spiketv2010videogamea30jbb.jpg

Enduin

No bald cap? Lies!
And this is Liara.

http://www.abload.de/img/spiketv2010videogamea30jbb.jpg[img][/QUOTE]

I left her out cause shes actually seems like she would be Liara, though Brandon Keener as Garrus isnt that crazy, but not what I imagined. Also shes rather pretty.

TheMan

seeing the faces of the voice actors strangely takes away from the game in some fashion- i guess i didn't want to peer behind the curtain

seeing the faces of the voice actors strangely takes away from the game in some fashion- i guess i didn't want to peer behind the curtain

Yeah. It's kind of rude to assume everyone is okay with that. I had to scroll back up fast when I realized who the people in the pictures were.

Well, I'm all set. Bought a 4gig 360 replacement, popped my old launch 360's HDD in there, everything's hunky-dory.

Now to cry that I can't afford to do anything but rent this until April.

EatChildren

I listened to the Tom Chick podcast thing. ME3 was his "Game of the Week". He touches on a few topics.

- On the 'From Ashes' DLC (spoilers obviously):
He said it seems like a huge deal to the plot, but having played the game it doesn't feel there's a "huge Prothean sized hole" in what he experienced.

- His game of the week because ME1 was a 'take it or leave it, clunky, but lets see what they do next time' affair, meanwhile ME2 he felt streamlined the 'cool RPG stuff', leaving a shooter he 'didn't feel was very good'. Didn't like the story premise of ME2. Was surprised at how much he liked ME3.

- Level design is less linear, more open, and more interesting. Liked where the levels were set and felt the shooting mechanics were much superior to ME2.

- Hated the planetary scanning and hacking to get credits in the previous games. 'Didn't feel like a developed RPG system'. ME3 still retains the primary interactivity with the game world being a shooter, but feels like a much better balance between a shooter and a role playing game. Combined a shooter and an RPG in a "sold, coherent design".

- Really liked the ending. Knows some people won't, but was impressed with the decisions BioWare made. Said people listening are probably thinking "Well you said this Tom so I bet I know what happens", but said you really don't.

Piecake

I listened to the Tom Chick podcast thing. ME3 was his "Game of the Week". He touches on a few topics.

- On the 'From Ashes' DLC (spoilers obviously):
He said it seems like a huge deal to the plot, but having played the game it doesn't feel there's a "huge Prothean sized hole" in what he experienced.

- His game of the week because ME1 was a 'take it or leave it, clunky, but lets see what they do next time' affair, meanwhile ME2 he felt streamlined the 'cool RPG stuff', leaving a shooter he 'didn't feel was very good'. Didn't like the story premise of ME2. Was surprised at how much he liked ME3.

- Level design is less linear, more open, and more interesting. Liked where the levels were set and felt the shooting mechanics were much superior to ME2.

- Hated the planetary scanning and hacking to get credits in the previous games. 'Didn't feel like a developed RPG system'. ME3 still retains the primary interactivity with the game world being a shooter, but feels like a much better balance between a shooter and a role playing game. Combined a shooter and an RPG in a "sold, coherent design".

- Really liked the ending. Knows some people won't, but was impressed with the decisions BioWare made. Said people listening are probably thinking "Well you said this Tom so I bet I know what happens", but said you really don't.

Im kinda curious as to what ending he got. I mean, I imagine that the endings change depending on what you do, but if he got the best ending and it still will be a surprise to everyone? That would be pretty interesting cause usually best ending is guy saves the world, kisses the girl, happy every after, etc.. aka boring.

EatChildren

Im kinda curious as to what ending he got. I mean, I imagine that the endings change depending on what you do, but if he got the best ending and it still will be a surprise to everyone? That would be pretty interesting cause usually best ending is guy saves the world, kisses the girl, happy every after, etc.. aka boring.

He said he has another save where tons of people in ME2 died, and he wants to go back and play through with that, as ME3 sets up really interesting scenarios with characters and he wants to see the alternatives.

He said he has another save where tons of people in ME2 died, and he wants to go back and play through with that, as ME3 sets up really interesting scenarios with characters and he wants to see the alternatives.

This is exactly why I just did a Mass Genocide run in which I killed everyone.

Now I just need to decide which run to import first. The Genocide or the Perfect.

Piecake

I meant the ME3 ending, unless you are assuming he got the best ending in ME3 based on what he said. Still, interesting scenarios sounds better than save the world good guy (which is probably what you were referring to, now that i think about it)

EatChildren

I meant the ME3 ending, unless you are assuming he got the best ending in ME3 based on what he said. Still, interesting scenarios sounds better than save the world good guy (which is probably what you were referring to, now that i think about it)

Yeah sorry, I meant ME2. He didn't say which ME3 ending he got.

rozay

Banned
I think the most interesting statement was that it's their most confident game since KOTOR...I'm interested to see if I feel the same way.

If it weren't for the fact that I'm checking microsoft's website constantly to see if the DLC gets put up for free again, I'd take an easy weekend away from my computer until Tuesday. :(

d0c_zaius

ok so I get the game early , load it up and get ready to import my characters from 2 that beat the game, and nothing.

For some reason I have no ME2 save files at all, just some in the ME2 importer. And I have no copy of ME2 for 360 anymore(only PC). This sucks, I have no idea how those files are missing.

Am I screwed? I was looking at a save file editor for 360 but I don't want to do anything shady. At the most I just want to get something close to what I had, without having to rebuy and replay through ME2 while I have 3 sitting here.

Do I have any options.....:(

Piecake

ok so I get the game early , load it up and get ready to import my characters from 2 that beat the game, and nothing.

For some reason I have no ME2 save files at all, just some in the ME2 importer. And I have no copy of ME2 for 360 anymore(only PC). This sucks.

Am I screwed? I was looking at a save file editor for 360 but I don't want to do anything shady. At the most I just want to get something close to what I had, without having to rebuy and replay through ME2 while I have 3 sitting here.

You can download saved files of the game pretty easily. just google mass effect saves. Find one to your liking and download it. If you want to make some tweaks, download that saved game editor and use that

Oh, 360. Hmm, i dont know if that works on that

rozay

Banned

For some reason I have no ME2 save files at all, just some in the ME2 importer. And I have no copy of ME2 for 360 anymore(only PC). This sucks, I have no idea how those files are missing.

Grab saves from http://masseffectsaves.com/

Follow the guide here to format a USB drive in your 360, plug it into your computer and convert/transfer a .pcsav from the site into a .xbsav:http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/topic/128/index/2277020

EDIT:Wait shit, you don't have a copy of ME2. Let me think
Okay, I think the ME2 demo lets you create a character that can be used in the full game. i THINK this means it'll create a regular ME2 career save on the usb drive. If you do this, you can just make a character with the same name and class as the character you pick from masseffectsaves.com and inject the .xbsav file into that career. PM me if you end up trying this and need help.

Top Bottom