• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 3 |OT| Space Jesus Returns (tag all spoilers)

Seriously, it's right there in the title. Don't understand what it means? I'll tell you.

This thing rewrites history. Script leak? Didn't happen, don't discuss it. Trailers? Pretty. No spoilers hidden in there. People playing the game early? We have dismissed that claim.

If someone desperately wants to make a spoiler thread, I won't stop you. Here, they don't exist. There's plenty of people who want to keep this thing as fresh as possible, and I'd like them to be able to enter the thread without getting bombarbed by black bars a week before the game is even out. Heck, I'd like to enter this thread without that. So please, no spoilers. At all.

StuBurns

Banned
Hey guys, not sure if this is a promo, or a fuck up, or if everyone knows, but you can currently buy 1200 bioware points for the same price as 800. Some people might want to stock up for the DLC to come.

Hey guys, not sure if this is a promo, or a fuck up, or if everyone knows, but you can currently buy 1200 bioware points for the same price as 800. Some people might want to stock up for the DLC to come.

.... fffffffffff really?

I JUST BOUGHT THE CE EDITION WTF

Megasoum

Banned

Where did you see that? On the bioware website?

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Stop discussing the script leak.

TheMan

so do you guys expect an active multiplayer community? I give it a month or 2 at most before it's virtually deserted

StuBurns

Banned
It says 15$ for 1200 points here, on the ME point page.
Try the link maybe?
https://masseffect2.points.bioware.com/lockbox-ui/checkout/showOffers

This is what it is for me:
Untitled_1.jpg

I know a place in the Southern Cali area that says they will receive Mass Effect 3 tomorrow and they will start selling tomorrow. Let me know if interested.

so do you guys expect an active multiplayer community? I give it a month or 2 at most before it's virtually deserted
Pretty much this. Personally, I have no desire to play the MP once the game is released. It's all about the SP to me. Hell I've played through the SP portion of the demo 10 Seperate times now and I've only played the MP for two hours, tops.

Carbonox

I think I'm going to jump straight in to multiplayer first and get all the trophies associated with that (if there are ones) while the community is hot. I hope they're not bad.

I want to savour the single player experience. :p

DO IT, i just pre-ordered this afternoon and it felt so good

Damn, that pushed me over the edge.. I'm so weak, lol.

Actually, I remembered reading in here that reviewers were stoked on the hub areas? Remembering that detail justified the button press. I hope I am not mistaken.

I think I'm going to jump straight in to multiplayer first and get all the trophies associated wOith that (if there are ones) while the community is hot. I hope they're not bad.

Speaking of trophies/achievements, have those been revealed yet? I'm really hoping that there are no more five seperate trophies/achievements dedicated to the MP...

TheMan

Pretty much this. Personally, I have no desire to play the MP once the game is released. It's all about the SP to me. Hell I've played through the SP portion of the demo 10 Seperate times now and I've only played the MP for two hours, tops.

yeah, the multiplayer portion of the demo felt awkward. it's trying to be gears but it the controls are too clunky to pull it off. i'm sure there are other modes, but i'll probably beat this bad boy and sell it off to help pay for the witcher 2.

Kyoufu

I think I'm going to jump straight in to multiplayer first and get all the trophies associated with that (if there are ones) while the community is hot. I hope they're not bad.

You'll get spoiled before you make it to single-player.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Why isn't there a spoilers thread for all those who feel the urge to spoil the game for everyone else?

I personally don't even want a spoiler thread before the game is even out. Having all that out in the open is just going to spread it, or have some dumbass slip up and post something in this thread thinking it was the spoiler thread and ruining it for people.

How does the work? In the most basic sense?

Thanks in advance.

Stuff like:

Beat ME3 on Insanity OR All MP maps on Gold

Every MP achievement has an or with something in SP, meaning you never have to touch it if you don't want.

Carbonox

I personally don't even want a spoiler thread before the game is even out. Having all that out in the open is just going to spread it, pr have some dumbass slip up and post something in this thread thinking it was the spoiler thread and ruining it for people.

Stuff like:

Beat ME3 on Insanity OR All MP maps on Gold

Every MP achievement has an or with something in SP, meaning you never have to touch it if you don't want.

Shit son that's hot.

Equus Bellator Apex

You should really stick with it. I had the feelings as you...then I unlocked the Krogan

Tom Chick's impressions:

http://www.quartertothree.com/fp/20...-lord-of-the-lord-of-the-rings/#disqus_thread

Skip to 52:00, no spoilers.

-Thought ME1 was OK, hated ME2 (all levels felt like space dungeons, too streamlined), really liked ME3. He said it was the best out of the three
-Really liked the gameplay and levels. only some "go from Point A to Point B" in ME3, but for the most part, they do a really good job making the levels more spectacular and less linear. Areas are also a lot wider
-RPG elements are back and much better, finally figured out a way to combine RPG/shooter and make it feel coherent.
-ME3 really feels like the most confident game Bioware has done since KotOR
-Really loved the story, they resolve a lot of of really cool, long-standing arcs from previous games. Fans will love how plot arcs are resolved.
-Really loved the ending, and loved that Bioware took a interesting bold choice. Agreed that some people might not like, but he personally, loved it and felt it tied all the knots to the Mass Effect trilogy.

I preloaded the game from Amazon but the installation fails. Is that simply because it won't install until launch? This is the first time I downloaded a Origin game through Amazon Downloads.

jimmy5150

I preloaded the game from Amazon but the installation fails. Is that simply because it won't install until launch? This is the first time I downloaded a Origin game through Amazon Downloads.

I had the same issue, ended up just activating my Amazon key on Origin and installing through there. I had to download Mass Effect 3 in full a second time, but it worked out.

exYle

I'll be with it for a while. Most enjoyable horde mode MP mode I've played for a while. Despite having much better shooter mechanics, Gears' horde mode isn't nearly as enjoyable for me.

Top Bottom