• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 3 |OT| Space Jesus Returns (tag all spoilers)

MPW

black-woman-finally-eccbc87e4b5ce2fe28308fd9f2a7baf3-189.gif

amen!

ppl are actually playing f'n action mode? wow

SRTtoZ

Ugh I'm kind of torn. I bought ME2 for PS3 since I didnt have a 360 at the time, now I have a 360 and wondering if I should go buy ME1 and 2 for 360 then get ME3 on 360 instead of PS3. I'm only thinking of this now because the 360 version of the demo looks superior. Thoughts?

Symphonic

Ugh I'm kind of torn. I bought ME2 for PS3 since I didnt have a 360 at the time, now I have a 360 and wondering if I should go buy ME1 and 2 for 360 then get ME3 on 360 instead of PS3. I'm only thinking of this now because the 360 version of the demo looks superior. Thoughts?

Not rebuying games > rebuying games

rozay

Banned
Fuck.

My 360 froze while playing ME2 during gameplay, and now when I press start on the title screen, it zooms out like normal but once the whole screen turns black my xbox freezes, no matter if I use disc 1 or 2.

What do I do gaf!!! This is a slim I purchased in november :(

Fuck.

My 360 froze while playing ME2 during gameplay, and now when I press start on the title screen, it zooms out like normal but once the whole screen turns black my xbox freezes, no matter if I use disc 1 or 2.

What do I do gaf!!! This is a slim I purchased in november :(

Are your other games working?

Rengoku

Just doing a quick check-in. About 8 hours in... mmm... sooo good! no spoilers, just impressions about how the PS3 version holds up. The intro framerate is just awful, dropping down to single digits at times. After the first 2 chapters or so, it seems to get better, I'm talking cutscene framerate only. In game framerate is fine, a couple dips here and there, but nothing too bad even when the firefights get fierce. Pop-in occurs once in awhile, not much an issue ingame, but pretty noticeable in cutscenes. But the biggest issue I have right now is the cutscenes, they're still quite choppy, even during conversations, especially when the camera pans. Other than that, really enjoying the game. Anyway, must go to sleep... and continue tomorrow!

Enduin

No bald cap? Lies!

OK I wanna see other peoples Shepards. Heres my Renegade FemShep, I go default for male, love me some Vanderloo.

On a related note, I hate BioWare's character creators, the lighting is always wacked so what you think looks good in the CC looks like shit in the real game. On the right my Shep looks super dark skinned but in the real game she looks rather normal. Meanwhile the one option down in skin tone looks perfect in the CC but once I go ingame she looks pale as all hell.

I do hope Gibbed makes another Save Editor so I can recreate my ME2 Femshep. Shes a mix of Ashely's face texture and the Illusive Man's eyes. http://i.imgur.com/OP5Eb.jpg

Tabris

HOLY SHIT AT THAT LAUNCH TRAILER. I've now changed my weekend plans to playthrough of Mass Effect 1 and 2 so I got my final save ready. Who would you recommend be the final girl I hook up with since apparently if you hook up with a girl from Mass Effect 1 and 2, it invalidates hooking up with that girl from 1 in Mass Effect 3?

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Posted mine a few pages back.

1wru1x.jpg

Sober

HOLY SHIT AT THAT LAUNCH TRAILER. I've now changed my weekend plans to playthrough of Mass Effect 1 and 2 so I got my final save ready. Who would you recommend be the final girl I hook up with since apparently if you hook up with a girl from Mass Effect 1 and 2, it invalidates hooking up with that girl from 1 in Mass Effect 3?
They didn't say that about your LIs, but they did say whatever you did in ME2 will have consequences in ME3. So you can try your luck or stay loyal and see what happens.

Replicant

OK I wanna see other peoples Shepards. Heres my Renegade FemShep, I go default for male, love me some Vanderloo.

Mine:

So with much trepidation, I tried to do the ME2 to ME3 (demo) character transfer using the code. Much to my surprise, it went quite well.

ME2

o8B7h.jpg

ME 3 Demo

cLbBx.jpg

I thought the nose looks a bit busted at first but after seeing a few cut scenes, it actually looks fine. So I may or may not even bother fixing the nose when I finally import the guy into ME3.

I have 3 playthroughs:

1. Him (Ethan)
2. Sheploo (John)
3. Fem Shep (Lilium)

On a related note, I hate BioWare's character creators, the lighting is always wacked so what you think looks good in the CC looks like shit in the real game. On the right my Shep looks super dark skinned but in the real game she looks rather normal. Meanwhile the one option down in skin tone looks perfect in the CC but once I go ingame she looks pale as all hell.

I'd play through for at least a few minutes before deciding if the character looks whacked out or not. I find that the first few minutes always look awful for custom characters and then for some reason, the engine seems to do a better job at rendering your character and they tend to look better progressively. Of course, there are occasions when the character just doesn't improve at all even after an hour of play through but I find in general that the first few minutes of the game is deceiving when it comes to character's appearance.

rozay

Banned
Holy shit it's the saves on my gamertag that are the problem. Running the game signed into another account works fine. Wasn't there just someone in this thread that mentioned a glitch while reloading a save in DLC that caused their game to start fucking up the same way?

Thank god I just so happened to back up my saves while helping somebody out LOL

Hawk269

I thought I had read that the PC version upon release will have higher rez textures. Does anyone know if this is true?

Sober

Posted mine a few pages back.
The red hair colours in ME3 are so atrocious, and the only good one is the default, which you can't pick. I'm seriously considering going with brown instead (which strangely is what I get with the ME2 code). Although it might just be the lighting in the face creator.

rozay

Banned
The red hair colours in ME3 are so atrocious, and the only good one is the default, which you can't pick. I'm seriously considering going with brown instead (which strangely is what I get with the ME2 code). Although it might just be the lighting in the face creator.

I'm glad I'm not alone in thinking this. Don't know if I should just roll default with my red hair femshep

Sojgat

No film grain decision is really weird. Along with the lens flare and motion blur it really helped to define the look of the universe in the first 2 games. Its not game breaking or anything but its just odd. I know some people from Dice worked on this and they got lots of complaints about the filmgrain in the bad company games, or maybe its just a performance constraint.

Tabris

They didn't say that about your LIs, but they did say whatever you did in ME2 will have consequences in ME3. So you can try your luck or stay loyal and see what happens.

I think I'll stay loyal to Liara. Plus except for Tali, the rest of the girls in ME2 are skanks :)

Enduin

No bald cap? Lies!
I'd play through for at least a few minutes before deciding if the character looks whacked out or not. I find that the first few minutes always look awful for custom characters and then for some reason, the engine seems to do a better job at rendering your character and they tend to look better progressively. Of course, there are occasions when the character just doesn't improve at all even after an hour of play through but I find in general that the first few minutes of the game is deceiving when it comes to character's appearance.
True, but it's a general rule of thumb for me, it also doesn't help that their CCs only allow a limited range of motion for the heads so it's harder to gauge cheek gaunt and such things correctly because of it.

But you are right that the lighting and such are absolutely horrid in ME3s opening. It changes drastically so much from super exposed to somewhat decent back to crazy intense and everywhere in between. I've gone through it several times to get my girl looking right.

so is there a way to check and see if I got both the unlocks for the Reckoning demo? I know I played it, but not sure if I beat it...also I read you dont have to beat it and the demo will time out and give it to you, is this true and if so how long does the demo time last?

so is there a way to check and see if I got both the unlocks for the Reckoning demo? I know I played it, but not sure if I beat it...also I read you dont have to beat it and the demo will time out and give it to you, is this true and if so how long does the demo time last?

Check your bioware social account they should be on their like the ME2 stuff was.

You cant "beat it" the demo gives you 40 mins after you have get outside and you have to wait that 40 mins out.

Replicant

True, but it's a general rule of thumb for me, it also doesn't help that their CCs only allow a limited range of motion for the heads so it's harder to gauge cheek gaunt and such things correctly because of it.

What annoys me about CC in ME3 is that the background color is so dark! I find it hard to tell the difference between black hair, red hair, and brown hair.

But you are right that the lighting and such are absolutely horrid in ME3s opening. It changes drastically so much from super exposed to somewhat decent back to crazy intense and everywhere in between. I've gone through it several times to get my girl looking right.

I spent at least 2 hours on two of my customs back in ME2 so I really hope that I don't have to do much on them anymore in ME3. I do wish Bioware let us create some decent noses though. The nice pointed noses seem to have larger nostrils and I hate that.

so what retailers are selling this game non-preorder on Tuesday morning? I thought Wal-Mart and Best Buy were doing preorders, but i'm hearing around the web that they are not doing preorders, and i can try to get one on launch day at opening...

wish i had a list for this hunt.

Sai

So... The faces look fine if you just import your old career right?

Would be nice if they let you made slight adjustments to your imported face though. They wouldn't in ME2, which kind of bothered me; would've liked to change Shepard's facial hair or something without doing his face again from scratch.

derFeef

Were people really believing that there are NO dialogue wheels? Man you guys jump on every single negative thing that pops up, no matter how small, wrong (action mode), or subjective it is.

GUYS; my order from ShopTo attempted to pay for itself this morning, but failed. I got a call from Lloyds TSB about fraud, and got asked if a transaction the same price as ME3 made for a "toy and hobby shop in Hucknell" was genuine. Assumed it was ShopTo, said yes.

It now says "1/3 FAILED" on the preorder page. What's going on?

GUYS; my order from ShopTo attempted to pay for itself this morning, but failed. I got a call from Lloyds TSB about fraud, and got asked if a transaction the same price as ME3 made for a "toy and hobby shop in Hucknell" was genuine. Assumed it was ShopTo, said yes.

It now says "1/3 FAILED" on the preorder page. What's going on?
I'm not sure but if it fails two times again, they will cancel your pre-order.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Looks like the game has leaked for 360. So you might want to be super careful about bumping into any potential spoilers over the next 3 days!

I made a super ugly femshep in the PC demo. I intend to keep it that way when I get the retail version, sometime later this year.

mcfrank

games.jpg

I picked up the game earlier tonight and put about 4 hours into it. So far it feels like the perfect combination of ME1 and ME2 as far as the combat and RPG systems go. I will say a bit of the writing feels clunkier than ME2 though. Feel free to post any questions you guys have and I will try to answer them.

Symphonic

games.jpg

I picked up the game earlier tonight and put about 4 hours into it. So far it feels like the perfect combination of ME1 and ME2 as far as the combat and RPG systems go. I will say a bit of the writing feels clunkier than ME2 though. Feel free to post any questions you guys have and I will try to answer them.

How's the character interactions so far? More like 1 or 2?

Dmax3901

Did I miss something? How did you get it?

RangersFan

Is there a definitive list of which decisions carry over from ME1 and ME2? I have several save files from both games from all my playthroughs (me1-7 me2-3) and I want to choose the best one. Like there were a few of the decisions you made in ME1 that they still let you change at the beginning of ME2 like who became the Ambassador. So far of the top of my head from ME1 it's Kaiden/Ashley, Wrex, Liara/Ashley, Rachni Queen, and Council, anything else (i know there are little things like conrad, but only care bout the major decisions). ME2 so far I have, who survives, romance, collector base, anything else?

zkylon

zkylewd

I do hope Gibbed makes another Save Editor so I can recreate my ME2 Femshep. Shes a mix of Ashely's face texture and the Illusive Man's eyes. http://i.imgur.com/OP5Eb.jpg
That one's pretty good.

Hairstyles are always a bitch, and lighting in ME tends to differ A LOT from what you see in the character editor. Like the two face from Seinfeld.

I'm pretty pleased with mine though:
SEhir.png

Top Bottom