• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 3 |OT| Space Jesus Returns (tag all spoilers)

d0c_zaius

yea I was hoping I could flag the ME2 file to say it was completed. Otherwise I have to pick up a copy tomorrow as its late, or just say f it and play. I found a save file editing FAQ, but I imagine its for modded xboxes. Otherwise one could just hack a file and unlock all the achievements or something.

Bummed though I've got a old character from ME1.

Grab saves from http://masseffectsaves.com/

Follow the guide here to format a USB drive in your 360, plug it into your computer and convert/transfer a .pcsav from the site into a .xbsav:http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/topic/128/index/2277020

EDIT:Wait shit, you don't have a copy of ME2. Let me think
Okay, I think the ME2 demo lets you create a character that can be used in the full game. i THINK this means it'll create a regular ME2 career save on the usb drive. If you do this, you can just make a character with the same name and class as the character you pick from masseffectsaves.com and inject the .xbsav file into that career. PM me if you end up trying this and need help.

Great thanks!

rozay

Banned
yea I was hoping I could flag the file to say it was completed. Otherwise I have to pick up a copy tomorrow as its late, or just say f it and play.

Bummed though I've got a old character from ME1.
I went back and edited my post with a possible solution.

I'm not entirely sure if the game complete flag is on the career itself or just the save files inside the career. If it's the latter, you can flag it with Gibbed's save editor (though if you download a save file after the collector ship this might already be done)

I really don't know if it'll work as a game completed save or not, but if you have free time you might as well give it a shot. Worst case if it's the career that needs to be flagged, do the above and find a way to borrow ME2 to open the save file and it should flag the career as complete :)

I wish I had a more definite answer but I'm not lucky enough to have the game yet!

So will gamestop know i used the dlc codes from my preorder (of the Standard Edition) if i try to return the game unopened? I'm going to hunt for an "early" CE this weekend and on Tuesday morning.

just trying to get all the dlc, but gamestop won't have any CE's for 360

if the codes are on the receipt great, i just wonder if they have a way to check if the dlc has been used.

any GS employees that can give me a heads up?

BigTnaples

Todd Howard's Secret GAF Account
So has Bioware said why the hell everyone/everything seems to say the Reapers are here to destroy all organic life?

Reapers were supposted so be coming to wipe out all intelligent life...

Not only is that how the first 2 games set it up, but it makes absolutle zero sense otherwise. (50,000 year cycle).

The Demo text, the launch trailer, (I think ME: Genesis as well)

Why the sudden and horrible change?

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
So has Bioware said why the hell everyone/everything seems to say the Reapers are here to destroy all organic life?

Not only is that how the first 2 games set it up, but it makes absolutle zero sense otherwise. (50,000 year cycle).

It's just poor phrasing in the later lore. They've always just wiped out space faring species.

Wiggum2007

It's a reductive statement. That's all.

Dresden

Tom Chick's impressions:

http://www.quartertothree.com/fp/20...-lord-of-the-lord-of-the-rings/#disqus_thread

Skip to 52:00, no spoilers.

-Thought ME1 was OK, hated ME2 (all levels felt like space dungeons, too streamlined), really liked ME3. He said it was the best out of the three
-Really liked the gameplay and levels. only some "go from Point A to Point B" in ME3, but for the most part, they do a really good job making the levels more spectacular and less linear. Areas are also a lot wider
-RPG elements are back and much better, finally figured out a way to combine RPG/shooter and make it feel coherent.
-ME3 really feels like the most confident game Bioware has done since KotOR
-Really loved the story, they resolve a lot of of really cool, long-standing arcs from previous games. Fans will love how plot arcs are resolved.
-Really loved the ending, and loved that Bioware took a interesting bold choice. Agreed that some people might not like, but he personally, loved it and felt it tied all the knots to the Mass Effect trilogy.
why is the 6th so far awayyyyyyyyyy

Remmy2112

Maybe it's merely the character's perception of the Reaper goals. Remember, aside from the Geth, there is no non-organic life outside of illegal AIs, which are exceedingly rare. Robots and VIs have no sentience in the ME universe unless something happens to turn them into an AI.

And in ME2 through planet scanning you could come across traces of civilizations on planets that were wiped out by massive orbital bombardment. One such planet says that all life more complex than zooplankton was annihilated. And I believe there was another planet that said that it was home to a thriving industrial civilization that suffered the same fate.

My guess is, and this is just a guess, that the Reapers target spacefaring races first and then may or may not destroy planetlocked races. Why? I dunno. Resources, whim, being extra thorough in ensuring that not even legends of their existence survive. Take your pick.

At least you guys get it on the 6th. Peasant Australians don't get it until the 8th. And since I pre-order online, who knows when my copy will arrive. X(

Can't anyone with a digital preorder just use a tunneling service to make it seem like your IP is in another part of the world to access content earlier? I did that for BF3 when Europe got the game earlier than my American ass.

Maybe it's merely the character's perception of the Reaper goals. Remember, aside from the Geth, there is no non-organic life outside of illegal AIs, which are exceedingly rare. Robots and VIs have no sentience in the ME universe unless something happens to turn them into an AI.

And in ME2 through planet scanning you could come across traces of civilizations on planets that were wiped out by massive orbital bombardment. One such planet says that all life more complex than zooplankton was annihilated. And I believe there was another planet that said that it was home to a thriving industrial civilization that suffered the same fate.

My guess is, and this is just a guess, that the Reapers target spacefaring races first and then may or may not destroy planetlocked races. Why? I dunno. Resources, whim, being extra thorough in ensuring that not even legends of their existence survive. Take your pick.

There's also a planet that had a population only in its Bronze Age that's population centers were struck from orbit.

Man, Batarians are getting fucked up right now. Guess that puts Walter's "Uh, Earth just happened to be first on the Reaper flightpath!" as bullshit, huh?

Enduin

No bald cap? Lies!
Im so happy that Origin unlocks the game at midnight 12AM EST on the 6th and not that bullshit Steam stuff where us east coasters would have to wait a whole 12 hours later at noon on the 6th to decrypt our games and actually play them.

Im actually really liking Origin so far, its much more elegant and simple to navigate than Steam, the way they show DLC and everything is really nice too, and it hasnt fucked up my system at all. So its OK in my book.

Some pretty discouraging information from a person who has played the Space Edition:
Xoisite also explained that the majority of the dialogue on the Normandy was autodialogue, skewed towards Paragon or Renegade depending on which you had more of.

He specifically said the conversations were pretty much the same as Zaeed and Kasumi's in execution.

For instance, Ash only had one conversation in the whole game where the Dialogue Wheel was used, and that was
so you could ask her in one of three ways if she were drunk, to which she apparently replied with unitelligable slurring and gurgles.

Some pretty discouraging information from a person who has played the Space Edition:

This....this can't be right. The dude's gotta be playing on action mode or some shit............

Right.....right??

83070246-cry-gif-.gif

GSR

Extremely disappointing if true. I've noticed a distinct increase in autodialogue and decrease in dialogue choices in the game as a whole, and having that creep even into Normandy conversations would be a real drag.

ultron87

Finally went back and got an everyone lives save on the books for my Renegade. I decided to still give Cerberus the collector station even though that probably will end terribly.

Now to decide whether I'll actually pick up this at launch.

Man, I hope this is some gross exaggeration. It sounds absolutely terrible.

Yeah, it almost sounds like a joke or a troll, but I'm pretty sure Xoisite has consistently posted valid information. To be honest, this is actually second-hand info though, as I'm not going to read the threads on Bioware Social Network where he's been posting about the game (they're filled with spoilers).

Sounds like he was playing in "action mode".

This is also a possibility. In any case, I'm feeling slightly less confident about my choice to pre-order the game after reading that.

GSR

I was just about to suggest we ask one of the lucky gaffers who snagged it early. Glad to be beaten to the punch.

Enduin

No bald cap? Lies!
Would really appreciate it if you did! Then again there's only 4 days left, who cares lol

Theres nothing in the PC config.exe. Its the same as the Demo in that respect. So either Film Grain is gone or its built into the game and not selectable, which I doubt. Looking at any of the screenshots its clear to see theres no grain.

Im not so upset about that fact, it was so subtle in ME2 that the only time I ever really noticed it was on was when it would bug out and blur up during convos. I loved it in ME, but it was super heavy there and really changed the look of the game.

rozay

Banned
Theres nothing in the PC config.exe. Its the same as the Demo in that respect. So either Film Grain is gone or its built into the game and not selectable, which I doubt. Looking at any of the screenshots its clear to see theres no grain.

Im not so upset about that fact, it was so subtle in ME2 that the only time I ever really noticed it was on was when it would bug out and blur up during convos. I loved it in ME, but it was super heavy there and really changed the look of the game.
Eh, I'm playing ME2 now and I can definitely tell when it is and isn't on (on the 360)

Kind of sad if it is, but oh well.

Top Bottom