• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 3 |OT| Space Jesus Returns (tag all spoilers)

This is my Shepard.

evf4m.jpg

Minus the scars.

Moaradin

Mine also. Custom characters never could look as good as default male in ME1 and ME2. Looks like you can make some nice looking customs now, but I'm too used to VanderShep.

spekkeh

Banned
Man that trailer's so awesome. Completely spoiled all the great setpieces in the game of course, but right now I don't care one bit.

Green Yoshi

Mine also. Custom characters never could look as good as default male in ME1 and ME2. Looks like you can make some nice looking customs now, but I'm too used to VanderShep.

I think he doesn't look that interesing and too aggressive in my opinion.

I watched the launch trailer again today, why is
Ashley
wearing her bra? In the sex scenes of The Witcher II you can see everything. ;-)

I assume it would give BioWare a lot of Fox News coverage if they would show more naked skin. ^^

games.jpg

I picked up the game earlier tonight and put about 4 hours into it. So far it feels like the perfect combination of ME1 and ME2 as far as the combat and RPG systems go. I will say a bit of the writing feels clunkier than ME2 though. Feel free to post any questions you guys have and I will try to answer them.

Are the levels linear hallways like in ME2 or are there larger open-ish levels with some optional exploration like in ME1?

spekkeh

Banned
I think he doesn't look that interesing and too aggressive in my opinion.

I watched the launch trailer again today, why is
Ashley
wearing her bra? In the sex scenes of The Witcher II you can see everything. ;-)

I assume it would give BioWare a lot of Fox News coverage if they would show more naked skin. ^^

Yeah still kind of annoyed that they turned prude after ME1, I still think that one handled it best. Sex with clothes on is just a lot less intimate.

Also bummed that I'm not seeing
Miranda
anywhere, or is she at 0:50? doesn't look like her, but it is
a biotic human in skintight clothes

ShopTo just shipped this today in the UK - isn't the EU release date the 9th?

Yeah. They have been known to send things a day or two early.

Which makes me regret cancelling with them, but here's the thing; on your first one or two deliveries, you have to get your item delivered to the address on your card. For me, this address is my parent's home, and since I am at college, c'est impossible.

That, and the fact that my parents work all day and we've had douchebag deliverymen leave things on the doorstep only to get stolen.

So I've gone with Amazon instead. I understand there's less stories of awesome day early deliveries there :'( but I selected First Class, so who knows.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Prepping gaming day goodies to keep me energised and healthy for my inevitable blitzkrieg playthrough once I have my copy.

So far I've got;

1tujo3.jpg

Delirium Tremens is my absolute favourite beer, and I haven't tried the other one so whatever.

Now I need snacks. I'm thinking maybe nachos. Though chips might be better.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Tom Chick hated ME2 because of it's linear, A-to-B level design, and loved ME3 because he felt it was much more open and varied.

You sir, have great taste.

I know, right?

Prepping gaming day goodies to keep me energised and healthy for my inevitable blitzkrieg playthrough once I have my copy.

So far I've got;

1tujo3.jpg

Delirium Tremens is my absolute favourite beer, and I haven't tried the other one so whatever.

Now I need snacks. I'm thinking maybe nachos. Though chips might be better.

No vodka? :eek:

EatChildren

I'm pretty sure "duck lips" are so pronounced in the Mass Effect series character editor that they could bullet list it on the back of the box as a defining feature.

@spekkeh oooh fancy can! Where did you get that?

EatChildren

This is the first I have heard of this. Great if true.

This Tom Chick, is he GAF-approved?

*reads Deus Ex review*

...oh

If you want to listen to his thoughts, go here and skip to the ~54 minute mark. He does talk about the DLC character though.

So, I romanced Liara in 1, got with Jack in 2, but reaffirmed my romance with Liara in Shadow Broker...

Does this have any implications in 3?

Sotha Sil

I've been listening to the "Normandy leaves Earth" track (from the demo) over and over these last few days. Beautiful in its simplicity. I've mentioned it before, but it still baffles me how good music can save a laughably clichéd scene.

Oh, and fuck the European release date.

Salvadora

I've been listening to the "Normandy leaves Earth" track (from the demo) over and over these last few days. Beautiful in its simplicity. I've mentioned it before, but it still baffles me how good music can save a laughably clichéd scene.

Oh, and fuck the European release date.

Agreed. I'll have to avoid the internet like the plague.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
I didn't play the SP portion of the demo so I could go in fresh when I got the game but I did spend a while in the character creator. She looks pretty much how I always wanted my Shepard to look but could never get it quite right in previous games.

Wiggum2007

HOLY SHIT AT THAT LAUNCH TRAILER. I've now changed my weekend plans to playthrough of Mass Effect 1 and 2 so I got my final save ready. Who would you recommend be the final girl I hook up with since apparently if you hook up with a girl from Mass Effect 1 and 2, it invalidates hooking up with that girl from 1 in Mass Effect 3?

Agreed, but thank god the character creator is right at the beginning of the game again and there's just a minute or two of cutscenes to skip through afterwards. You have no idea how many times I played that whole damn 10+ min ME2 intro just to like tweak my nose or whatever.

She's CC only, give her a try in the demo. :)

Nice! My Shepard looks a lot like yours but with different hair and eye color. Definitely the best hair style in the game.

Derrick01

Banned
It's a shame Bioware hasn't made it possible to be neutral in the previous 2 games. Forcing my Obama Shepard to pick a side has been brutal on him.

At least in this game he can finally live out his neutral dreams!

Top Bottom