• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 3 |OT| Space Jesus Returns (tag all spoilers)

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
I just got a "Your Order is Shipping Earlier Than Expected" email from Amazon hoping that maybe my CE would actually get here on time. It was just for Bioshock Infinite. Why do you torture me so, Amazon?

Here's my Shepard again since we were on this page by the time I got the image working right.

My Shepard

foto0377r5vfu.jpg

Looks a bit like Q off of Star Trek

Arjen

My main, miss Josie Shepard.
eDDoX.jpg

And my male super badd ass getting a lot of people killed Shepard
678MU.jpg

cellphone pics, so excuse the shitty quality

If you want to listen to his thoughts, go here and skip to the ~54 minute mark. He does talk about the DLC character though.
Tom's impressions have me really excited and curious now.
What he says about the RPG balance, the writing, the ending and how the game relates to the first two has me genuinely interested.
(spoiling his opinion of the game just in case, he isn't explicit about what goes on)
I kind of wonder, but don't want to know, what he means when he says they made a brave choice for the ending, how he absolutely loved it but he can see people hating it. Since I tend to agree with Tom about writing most of the time, I'm not worried, just curious.

So, I romanced Liara in 1, got with Jack in 2, but reaffirmed my romance with Liara in Shadow Broker...

Does this have any implications in 3?
I'm in the same situation, except I had Miranda instead of Jack. I hope my shenanigans do get mentionned, just to see how they play out.

Dany

Banned
I think they took out film grain because each 'area' has its own filter to it to give it its own aesthetic. Beyond the colored lighting, each area they've shown has a specific 'look' for it.

bryanee

ShopTo just shipped this today in the UK - isn't the EU release date the 9th?

They havent, they started processing orders last night due to the large number of pre-orders. None will be shipped until Wednesday, it says so on your account page.

Thought I would chuck my oar in too :-

This is my femshep in Mass Effect 2 :-

0UME6.png

and just for laughs here is Bioware's interpretation of my Femshep in the Mass Effect 3 demo :-

LUryh.png

I get the feeling by ME 3 my femshep has really gone a bit too OTT with the whole lesbian thing so much so she shaved her head bald. Yeah yeah I know it's a demo and not all of the blah de blah is working but it doesn't exactly inspire "confidence".

Kem0sabe

You know what pisses me off? Publishers and developers always pointing their fingers at the PC user base for piracy, when console pirated releases run rampant.

We have to deal with all this DRM crap and the xbox pirated version of ME3 is already all over the net.

zonezeus

Is there any way to transfer PC ME2 saves to PS3? I played the first one on Xbox360, then went PC with Mass Effect 2 and now I want to but the third one on PS3, because a lot of my friends are getting it and I really dig playing multiplayer with them.

RyanDG

Weird going back to your Shepard from 2008.

qyOkr.jpg

I'll get her Mass Effect 2 version posted it up when I'm on my main computer (running this one off my laptop which ME2 can't run on).

That looks eerily similar to my second female Shepard.

You have excellent taste then ;-) . I have a couple of vids of her in action if anyone is interested :-

http://www.youtube.com/user/charm3rs/videos

No ME 3 spoilers in the videos but there are plenty of ME 2 spoilers in there. At any rate it will help people pass the time on whilst they wait for ME 3.

Is there any way to transfer PC ME2 saves to PS3? I played the first one on Xbox360, then went PC with Mass Effect 2 and now I want to but the third one on PS3, because a lot of my friends are getting it and I really dig playing multiplayer with them.

Not as far as I know.

So if I don't have a mass effect 1 or 2 save, will I get the "canon" decisions?

Supposedly there are no "official canon" decisions, according to BioWare. You're supposed to be presented with an interactive comic that recaps the series and allows you to make key storyline decisions.

Dany

Banned
I don't have pics but whenever I'd create a new kate shepard face or a new jack shepard. The face is always the same. I always have go to on how I like my femshep and maleshep.

My femshep actually looks quite a bit like Renee from 24,

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
You know what pisses me off? Publishers and developers always pointing their fingers at the PC user base for piracy, when console pirated releases run rampant.

We have to deal with all this DRM crap and the xbox pirated version of ME3 is already all over the net.

QFT.

PS3 one as well.

:(

Waiting until Friday will be hard (EU)

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Seems like everyone is showing their Shepard, i got 4!

Paragon Infiltrator Fem Shep :
5ocKJ.png

Renegade Adept Fem Shep :
M4Hzl.png

Paragon Sentinel Male Shep :
LoBod.png

Renegade Vanguard Male Shep :
7xZ30.png

I'm going to have fun in the coming weeks.

Hopefully the hair will look better this time, especially for my infiltrator.

grkazan12

So I got my save file off the 360 and although the game does notice it, the problem is that I need two pieces of dlc. The problem that I'm having now is that the Hammerhead DLC (free) won't install on windows 7 because of an NSIS error.

I tried the /NCRC trick but it say Installation Failed! when it tries to install it.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Yeah, a bit! Somehow I managed to do that.

I thought it was weird at first, but then I found it rather cute and unique. And from most perspectives, it's not even noticable.
My Shepard is a little bit crosseyed too but thats okay because it's her imperfections that make her such a perfect waifu.

JykqK.png

The A40 headset was supposed to arrive on time for Mass Effect 3, but the delivery estimate shifted a few days. I wanted to have that Clint Mansell sounding all good on my ear from day one. I should have ordered them a few weeks back just in case something like this happened. :(

N7 Collector's Edition doe!

Prepping gaming day goodies to keep me energised and healthy for my inevitable blitzkrieg playthrough once I have my copy.

So far I've got;

http://www.abload.de/img/1tujo3.jpg[img]

Delirium Tremens is my absolute favourite beer, and I haven't tried the other one so whatever.

Now I need snacks. I'm thinking maybe nachos. Though chips might be better.[/QUOTE]

I don't drink, so the un-dulled sting of any horrible dialog will be felt by me in it's entirety.

[quote="Bisnic, post: 35682470"]Seems like everyone is showing their Shepard, i got 4!

Paragon Infiltrator Fem Shep :
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/5ocKJ.png
Paragon Sentinel Male Shep :
LoBod.png

I'm going to have fun in the coming weeks.

Hopefully the hair will look better this time, especially for my infiltrator.

This looks exactly like my femshep, only mine must dye her hair blonde because she has black brows.

The funniest thing is my male Shepard ended up looking like Obama also, though not as close as yours, and was completely unintentional.

I had a fantastic bald Grace Jones looking Shepard in ME1, but I never beat the game with her, and there's not enough time now :p

I think I'm gonna be using the default FemShep in ME3 (sadface.jpg), I don't have the patience to try and recreate mine seeing as the imported face code made her look horrible.

Top Bottom