• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 3 |OT| Space Jesus Returns (tag all spoilers)

Durante

I'm getting really annoyed at EA's pricing policy. They seriously want me to pay 55€ for the digital version of this game on Origin, and then another 10€ for the day 1 DLC to get the complete game. That's just not in the cards. (That's $86 for the bog-standard digital version of a PC game)

I know I'm a little late to the party, but here's mine:

hW1Fw.jpg

And yes, this pic was taken with a potato because my PVR is broken.

Mitama

Ahh, Mass Effect. One of the series I skipped due to not having a HDTV back then. Really looking forward to playing the first two games whenever I have some spare time. Any tips, stuff I should really pay attention to or important missables?

PS: sorry for asking in this thread, but the other active Mass Effect thread contains spoilers and I'd rather not risk that.

Dany

Banned
Ahh, Mass Effect. One of the series I skipped due to not having a HDTV back then. Really looking forward to playing the first two games whenever I have some spare time. Any tips, stuff I should really pay attention to or important missables?

PS: sorry for asking in this thread, but the other active Mass Effect thread contains spoilers and I'd rather not risk that.

I played ME1 on an SD

It was TERRIBLE, it I couldn't read anything! the map was useless.

But play the game how you wanna. Mass Effect 1 starts weird, you are kind of stuck in an area for a long time but once you get your ship the game really takes off.

Mitama

I played ME1 on an SD

It was TERRIBLE, it I couldn't read anything! the map was useless.

But play the game how you wanna. Mass Effect 1 starts weird, you are kind of stuck in an area for a long time but once you get your ship the game really takes off.

Haha I know, that's exactly why I skipped them, the text is borderline unreadable on SDTVs. Bioware RPGs are exceptionally terrible at this. :p
Sounds good!

Minion101

Banned

Do Virmire last.

Does anybody plan on using a vpn to unlock the game on Origin earlier?
Probably, seeing as Korea apparently gets it Monday afternoon (GMT time) and i've got to wait until Thursday because i live in another country. Fuck those staggered releases. Going to wait for someone else to do it first though. :lol

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
gamerfuzion review

Score: 9.5/10

Here are some Pros and Cons about Mass Effect 3:

Pros: The three game modes, reputation, no fatigue, main quest, weapons system and customization of character.

Cons: Graphics are just an improvement but nothing out of this world.

While playing the game and seeing all the has it will be one of the contenders for being the best video game for 2012.

Mass Effect 3 is a more polished game that gives all different types of gamers options on how to play the game. With the 3 game modes, online mode, hijacking atlas, weapons system, import of customization make a rewarding and satisfying game to play.

Naito

Probably, seeing as Korea apparently gets it Monday afternoon (GMT time) and i've got to wait until Thursday because i live in another country. Fuck those staggered releases.

I also looked into it and it should unlock on Monday 5th, 16:00 CET: almost a week earlier than euro release.

@ above review:

I know people found the demo graphics to be a bit underwhelming and all, but replaying ME2 does make me more lenient towards ME3 graphics. ME2 was something like running around in a closed coffin, making friends not die on you, who then do die on for you for no reason. :p

The gamespot stream showed definite improvement on ME2 in graphics, combat, weapons, experience, and other things. It's unclear whether the map from ME1 returns though. He talked about being able to find objectives easy and all (which are displayed directly on the HUD in his play), but he said so while he appeared to be kind of lost, so I'm not sure what to think about that.

Talking about mechanisms isn't spoiler material, right? I'll add tags if required.

K' Dash

I have a question, I've been on media blackout for this game, so humor me a lil bit.

Should demo recognize my Shep? one time I put the ME2 save on the cloud then put it back on the HDD, I'm afraid I might have fucked up :(

Dany

Banned
I have a question, I've been on media blackout for this game, so humor me a lil bit.

Should demo recognize my Shep? one time I put the ME2 then put it back on the HDD, I'm afraid I miggt have fucked up :(

Nah, the demo doesn't import anything.

mcfrank

Are the levels linear hallways like in ME2 or are there larger open-ish levels with some optional exploration like in ME1?

To those asking, I got it at a store in LA which frequently breaks street dates.

Someone asked about character interaction. It is great so far. There are long dialog branches going into the history of a lot of the characters I have interacted with. I am not quite sure I understand the reputation vs renegade vs paragon system yet though.

The levels are a bit more open in combat so far. There was a great fight on a side mission with a room with multiple entrances. The enemies kept flanking around and I had to keep moving to win the fight. The
citadel
has not really opened up too much for me

Also (possible spoiler about character importing)
it imported my character at the level I was at the end of ME2, so I had 30 something points to spend right away. Every time I get a new character they have a ton of points.

My character is a Solider, and my only complaint is that right now my CD time on my abilities seems really long.
Liara
is able to use Singularity every 8 seconds or so, but I am on a 20 second delay on my abilities.

You can change classes when importing an ME2 save, which I think is different from ME1 to ME2.

N7 Hoodie all the way. Or some Alliance thing, I haven't seem them yet, don't really want to, but I'm a huge Alliance fan.

And has anyone else's Amazon CE not shipped yet? I'm getting kind of worried.

Edit; Wait, McFrank, I thought the Soldiers could carry more weapons with less of a CD time? Wasn't that the whole draw of the soldiers? Because if they don't mitigate any weapon weight, then what the hell is the point?

GSR

Ahh, lucky bastids. Seeing console players get it early makes having the game preloaded that much worse.

Bowdz

Just out of curiosity: how do you guys actually end up getting games early? Are they just shipped early by mistake or do you all have high enough paragon stats to sweet talk the shop owners into letting you pick it up early?

mcfrank

Just out of curiosity: how do you guys actually end up getting games early? Are they just shipped early by mistake or do you all have high enough paragon stats to sweet talk the shop owners into letting you pick it up early?

Mom & pop shop

I normally order all my games through amazon (Prime = free release date delivery) but with almost all places selling out of the CE I had to order from walmart.com my current order

Will arrive on or just after Tuesday, 03/06/12.

whats this just after shit? Ahhhhh

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
I thought Mass Effect 2 was terrible. Would I enjoy this one even if I didn't like the second game?

Considering you've told us nothing about WHY you didn't like ME2, that's an unanswerable question.

My Shepherd from ME1:

2064263553_6c20d8db10.jpg

Shepherd in ME2:

j3lS3.jpg

Have they said anything about whether or not ME2 Renegade scars are going to stay on your character in ME3? It would be monumentally stupid if they didn't (or they didn't at least address why they don't).

D

Deleted member 81567

Unconfirmed Member
I can't find it anywhere that sells it early. Fucking sucks.

Top Bottom