• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 3 |OT| Space Jesus Returns (tag all spoilers)

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
MassEffect3battle.png

This is awesome. Who did it?

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
The CC in ME3 is horrible for FemShep. Can't believe I'm gonna be using a default...or keeping a mask on the whole time. -_-

By the way, that last one looks nice.

Sn4ke_911

Still such an ugly drawing, haha. Those faces, Liara's poor back, etc.

Are you serious? and if so care to explain what's wrong with those faces?

mass_effect___endgame_by_willhelmkranz-d30r6fw.jpg

I think it's pretty amazing.

Grakl

Completely.

Tali is apparently a human with eyes that are backlit, and why is her hand at that angle? If those are scars on Shepherd's face then they don't add anything to her, and Ashley is just casually shooting at something, and looks like she's wondering what it is she is shooting at. That expression makes no sense.

Then you have a lady in the back striking a pose in high heels and shooting above everything.

Liara's back looks painfully bent.

Garrus's gun is pointing up but the bullets are spraying forward.

Wrex is the only decent looking thing.

Everything else is still pretty terrible.

I think it's pretty amazing.

That's because you don't any taste. Sorry if that's harsh but it's the truth. The composition is poor, the anatomy is wonky, the contrast balance is terrible, etc etc.

And don't go posting, "Well I'm still entitled to my opinion." Sure, of course you are. But despite uncultured untrained idiots repeating that ad nauseum, there is still such a thing as objective quality in art. You want to see a good Mass Effect matte painting? Look through this thread and find the one of San Francisco. Despite the obvious photo-base to it, THAT was a good painting.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Sn4ke_911 said:
Femshep with the Revenant. Man has good taste.

The CC in ME3 is horrible for FemShep. Can't believe I'm gonna be using a default...or keeping a mask on the whole time. -_-

By the way, that last one looks nice.
I thought it was a lot better than in the other two. I was able to get my Femshep looking exactly how I wanted her to look in the previous games but couldn't pull off. I posted pics a couple pages back. Still, I only played with the CC so I could go into the game fresh so there is a chance she may not look as good in game.

Sn4ke_911

Ok thanks guys.

You want to see a good Mass Effect matte painting? Look through this thread and find the one of San Francisco. Despite the obvious photo-base to it, THAT was a good painting.

Now im really curious what painting you're talking about.

-viper-

Banned
Why would even consider PS3 versions of multiplatform games at this point when PC is an option? It's basically all but confirmed PS4 won't have BC.
Is the game exactly the same on the PC or is the interface and camera/FOV better?

The FOV of Mass Effect 2 was much better. In fact, I downloaded the ME2 demo on the PS3 to confirm.

I am playing the PS3 demo and the FOV seems terrible. The entire game feels claustriphobic in comparison to ME2 and I greatly dislike those dark edges around the screen.

Still, I loved the other two games so I could get used to it, but if it's better on the PC, then I'll definitely buy that version. If not, I'll stick with PS3 simply because I prefer playing with controllers.

edit: Is it better to use your old ME2 character in ME3, or better to start a fresh? Does that mean if I import my ME2 character, he'll have much better stats than simply starting a new game?

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
Can you edit your import on console or not?

If your talking about the face, if it is anything like ME2 then no you won't be able to edit an existing imported face, though I could be wrong about faces made in ME2 assuming they are matched exactly unlike imported ME1 faces.

Derrick01

Banned
Is there any good guide out there for killing most of your squad in ME2? I remember doing everything I could to mess up and I still had like 3 or 4 people left alive at the end. They made it difficult to kill everyone.

Is there any good guide out there for killing most of your squad in ME2? I remember doing everything I could to mess up and I still had like 3 or 4 people left alive at the end. They made it difficult to kill everyone.
I haven't done it but I'm pretty sure:

1. No loyalty missions
2. No Normandy upgrades
3. Choose wrong squad members for missions at Collector base

Hawk269

Have to ask again since I cannot find an answer in this fast moving thread....

Is the PC version going to have Hi-Res textures? I read about it a while ago, but never heard if it was confirmed.

Thanks to anyone that can answer.

OH..for those playing the 360 version...does it run better than the demo?

Sn4ke_911

Have to ask again since I cannot find an answer in this fast moving thread....

Is the PC version going to have Hi-Res textures? I read about it a while ago, but never heard if it was confirmed.

Thanks to anyone that can answer.

OH..for those playing the 360 version...does it run better than the demo?

66666666668f207.png

Yeah, the faces in the piece are all weird, but the rest is good.

Ain't no woman's back bends like that, man. And again, the lighting and composition are both terrible, among many other little poor, poor rendering details. Dude has spent more time in Photoshop and on DeviantArt than behind an easel or in a life drawing class. Don't get me wrong, dude's got some skill, but his reach considerably exceeds his grasp there.

I'm skeptical when it comes to that tweet about hd textures. The game is only 10 GB. I'd love to see it come true, especially because texmod runs like dog shit on my machine, but I'm not holding my breath.

Enduin

No bald cap? Lies!

Just so you know thats far from a confirmation. They said nearly the same thing about ME2. Its most likely PR speak for "the textures you already see are high res and good enough." So dont get your hopes up too high else wise youll likely wind up disappointed.

jgminto

Jesus. So now we're posting inappropriate fan art. Next we should start writing some Wrex/Garrus fan fiction. This is what you guys get up to when EatChildren is not around?

i-Lo

10 hours in. Loving the combat.
Only problem i have is that I've had to swap discs 4 times so far.
Also the installs on 360 are 7.5GB each disc

How many hours between the change of disc on average?

Jesus. So now we're posting inappropriate fan art. Next we should start writing some Wrex/Garrus fan fiction. This is what you guys get up to when EatChildren is not around?

I didn't even notice that she was topless in the beginning. A link should have sufficed with NFSW tag. That said, I get the feeling that some may be overreacting.

moop1167

Just loaded up ME2 to check out my save files and such. Welp, didn't realize I overwrote my renegade run through I did with an infiltrator with a newer game that I assume I was going to go through on insanity. He's only on the 4th mission or so.

Anyone know if there is going to be some sort of end of ME2 save database that we can import into the game?

Dany

Banned
I would hope the 360 version was multiple discs again. It's only normal for a sequel to be bigger and ME2's discs were packed.

Its 2 discs like ME2 though...like, how did they parse how content in ME3?

ME2 had everything before Horizon and the suicide mission while disc 2 was the middle game.

Reave

Since people are showing off their Shepards, I might as well join in.

myME2sheppy.jpg

Can't seem to get my ME3 Shepard to look as good as my ME2 one. Ugh.

Nexas

If there is so much disc swapping does that mean things are back to ME1 where you could do missions in any order?

Top Bottom