• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 3 |OT| Space Jesus Returns (tag all spoilers)

Dany

Banned
Like...care to explain how things are separated out in ME3? the missions that make you switch discs. Is it like this 'star system' is in Disc 1, or is it that the 'recruitment' missions are on another disc.

no specifics, btw...

mcfrank

Disc changes are mission to mission. It seems to me like side quests tend to be on disc 2 and main quest on disc 1. So you could change discs mission to mission if you did them in a bad order. Kind of annoying but not game breaking.

rozay

Banned
So it seems that the 360 ME2 has a bug where if your save file gets to 1MB in size, the game freezes and after that you cannot boot the game with your gamertag until you delete the save file (or attempt to fix it like I am right now)

Take that, Skyrim.

Disc changes are mission to mission. It seems to me like side quests tend to be on disc 2 and main quest on disc 1. So you could change discs mission to mission if you did them in a bad order. Kind of annoying but not game breaking.
Maybe they wanted to avoid having a Legion in the game again, but this kind of sucks.

seat

what the fuck? this is a dealbreaker for me. me2 was ok, you only had to swap 2 times during the whole game. but 4 times in 10 hours?

I admit I'm surprised to hear that news as well, but it's a "deal breaker" for you? Seriously? It's not like you'll be changing discs every five minutes.

Jesus. So now we're posting inappropriate fan art. Next we should start writing some Wrex/Garrus fan fiction. This is what you guys get up to when EatChildren is not around?

Yes, this is what they do when EatChildren isn't around. They did it earlier in the thread too and he had to come in and tell them to fucking knock it off. I nearly had to stab out my own eyes out trawling back to find that San Francisco painting. Fans are fucking crazy.

rozay

Banned
I admit I'm surprised to hear that news as well, but it's a "deal breaker" for you? Seriously? It's not like you'll be changing discs every five minutes.
If you have to change discs between side missions and main missions, it might be often? I don't think anyone has a definite answer yet as to how the content is split up but I find it strange that they would do that as it's jarring to the user experience.

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
Great, after having an odd feeling about my ShopTo order I decided to check it and find that the package is being delivered to an old address, I've changed it now but they have a pack shot of it with the old address in.

I've put a support ticket in about it and changed it on the website, but the old one is going to a block of flat and if it gets delivered there is little to no chance of getting it, and having lived there any deliveries that don't get picked up get shoved in a box to be thrown out.

To quote myself, lol.

According to the ShopTo twitter if there is a pack shot of it that means it is too late to change the address for my ME3 delivery, great, I'm not sure what I can do besides stand outside my old place with some ID for a few hours waiting for the post man to get there and hope he gives it to me.

Well that is fucking retarded.

rozay

Banned
To quote myself, lol.

According to the ShopTo twitter if there is a pack shot of it that means it is too late to change the address for my ME3 delivery, great, I'm not sure what I can do besides stand outside my old place with some ID for a few hours waiting for the post man to get there and hope he gives it to me.
That blows. Do you at least know what time deliveries generally come there?

i-Lo

Yes, this is what they do when EatChildren isn't around. They did it earlier in the thread too and he had to come in and tell them to fucking knock it off. I nearly had to stab out my own eyes out trawling back to find that San Francisco painting. Fans are fucking crazy.

Think you should have a chill pill there. You make it sound like someone nuked your artistic senses.

Moving on, anyone know yet how long the SP campaign is (approx) with all the side missions included?

A bit late but my Renegade - "Killer" Shepard

And my FemShep - Elise-Karin Shepard, which I'm pretty pleased with and also has different hair.

Good to see some new hair options in ME3 but the make up is a bit poor.

mcfrank

If you have to change discs between side missions and main missions, it might be often? I don't think anyone has a definite answer as to how the content is split up but I find it strange that they would do that as it's jarring to the user experience.

I played four hours last night and switched from disc 1 to disc 2 and then back to disc 1 in that time.

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
That blows. Do you at least know what time deliveries generally come there?

The post man was pretty sporadic between 8am and 1pm when we lived there which was a year ago, guess I will have to take some snacks or something and stand outside.

And I know what happens to the post when it got delivered to one of the other residents that didn't live there any more, the people living there would throw it in a box and then throw it in the trash.

I'm just hoping it doesn't rain, and living in Cardiff there isn't a good chance of not happening, lol.

mcfrank

I don't know if this has been posted but Gamasutra has an interview with Casey Hudson in which they discuss Mass Effect 3's creative challenges. There's no spoilers at all. It's a pretty good read. Hudson says that Mass Effect 3 is relatively load free. For those of you who have the game already, can you confirm this? I think I saw a load screen in one of the IGN videos before it cut to another area.

Seems to be the same amount of load screens as ME 2 but the feel much faster.

Enduin

No bald cap? Lies!
lol consoles.

Pretty much. You would think MS or BioWare would devise a way so that after installing a game to the HDD you wouldnt have to swap disc as if you hadnt installed the game and you simply had to have disc one in the system to play the entire game and disc two was no good for that so you couldnt give it to a friend or something.

i-Lo

@Slackbladder, the first picture and second picture combine quite well.

It's as if the fem. Shepard, in response to the male Shepard's rant, says, "Say..whaaa?"

Pretty awesome male Shep though. Wonder how many women would like to look at that face staring back them in the bed.

bigace33

lol at evil Shepherds and Women Sheps. The guy is clearly a hero, and a...guy. A woman could never defeat the Reapers or Sovereign. Why does bioware always make evil characters have red eys and scars on their face? lol so crazy.

S1kkZ

but everytime i want to explore i might encounter a disc swap and then another when i want to do story missions? they can fuck right off with that bullshit. that kills every desire to explore that universe or do side stuff for me.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
lol at evil Shepherds and Women Sheps. The guy is clearly a hero, and a...guy. A woman could never defeat the Reapers or Sovereign. Why does bioware always make evil characters have red eys and scars on their face? lol so crazy.

...the fuck?

i-Lo

I really hope that's a joke.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
I didnt even know consoles had to switches discs to play, even in ME2.

Glad i'm still going PC.

bigace33

...the fuck?
Name me a woman that has ever won a major war actually leading the troops on the battlefield. It goes against nature for a woman to be a warrior. Some can defy the odds, but things of that nature are for men. *end of male chauvinism rant*. Fem sheps are terrible in my book.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Name me a woman that has ever won a major war actually leading the troops on the battlefield. It goes against nature for a woman to be a warrior. Some can defy the odds, but things of that nature are for men. *end of male chauvinism rant*. Fem sheps are terrible in my book.

Joan of Arc won several major battles before she was executed. Also, my femshep has bigger balls than most dudes.

Dany

Banned

markey_mark_wtf.gif

X-Frame

For those with the full game and who have played the demo, is the character creator the same?

Specifically, are there more options in the full game? I felt the options for hair in the ME3 demo were greatly lacking compared to what I figured would be in there. Especially because DA2 seemed to have a ton of options.

bigace33

Joan of Arc won several major battles before she was executed. Also, my femshep has bigger balls than most dudes.
Yeah I know about her, but I'm simply going by numbers. Just my own personal hang up I guess. I'm old fashioned and believe the man should always lead when it comes to aggression, and the woman should be the voice of reason and concern. Maybe because I'm married. :^P

Dresden

Yeah I know about her, but I'm simply going by numbers. Just my own personal hang up I guess. I'm old fashioned and believe the man should always lead when it comes to aggression, and the woman should be the voice of reason and concern. Maybe because I'm married. :^P

dohohoho

D

Deleted member 81567

Unconfirmed Member

SeCOH.gif

It isn't "consoles", it is just the 360 due to that merry old technology, the DVD.

Actually, given my 250 gig hard drive and full install option, it's just plain stupidity :(

Guess I'll try to move my box as close to my slovenly throne as possible so I can swap disks without having to get up and move around!

i-Lo

*speaking from own opinion* The great reason why I have viewed women to be better than men (in general) is because throughout history men have waged wars and destruction and women (in the early days) were assigned the role of healers. There always have been and will be exceptions (Joan of Arc). Also, how things might be different if it were a matriarchal society as opposed to the patriarchal system of today. Lastly, none of us would be here today without women. So it fits perfectly for a woman to be the protector of an entire species.

What is terrible is that Bioware never had the balls to promote female Shepard in the same light as male version before the success of ME1 and fan demands for ME2. It would have fed the same system of male protagonist dominance had it not been for fans. And, Bioware never got an actual person to model fem Shepard on like they did with male.

Woo-Fu

Banned

She wasn't on the battlefield, as such, which was one of his conditions. Of course the reason there aren't a lot of women who have done this has everything to do with the societies involved and nothing to do with whether or not women are capable of fulfilling those roles.

bigace33

*speaking from own opinion* The great reason why I have viewed women to be better than men (in general) is because throughout history men have waged wars and destruction and women (in the early days) were assigned the role of healers. There always have been and will be exceptions (Joan of Arc). Also, how things might be different if it were a matriarchal society as opposed to the patriarchal system of today. Lastly, none of us would here today without women. So it fits perfectly for a woman to be the protector of an entire species.

What is terrible is that Bioware never had the balls to promote female Shepard in the same light as male version before the success of ME1 and fan demands for ME2. It would have fed the same system of male protagonist dominance had it not been for fans. And, Bioware never got an actual person to model fem Shepard on like they did with male.
LOL I was halfway joking, but in all seriousness if female shep was the primary character I probably would have skipped the ME games. I agree that women are healers and nurturers but I hate to see them in the place of warriors. I also hate evil male shep just as bad.

Top Bottom