• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 3 |OT| Space Jesus Returns (tag all spoilers)

Durante

Name me a woman that has ever won a major war actually leading the troops on the battlefield. It goes against nature for a woman to be a warrior. Some can defy the odds, but things of that nature are for men. *end of male chauvinism rant*. Fem sheps are terrible in my book.

masseffect2-2012-03-0xlaep.jpg
That's my female shepard pulling Grunt up with one arm. Grunt. With one arm.

(Just finished my second playthrough of ME2 -- with 100% completion and all the DLC and everyone surviving and all that -- and thought this scene was hilarious)

Pollux

Name me a woman that has ever won a major war actually leading the troops on the battlefield. It goes against nature for a woman to be a warrior. Some can defy the odds, but things of that nature are for men. *end of male chauvinism rant*. Fem sheps are terrible in my book.

Joan of Arc.

Sotha Sil

LOL I was halfway joking, but in all seriousness if female shep was the primary character I probably would have skipped the ME games. I agree that women are healers and nurturers but I hate to see them in the place of warriors. I also hate evil male shep just as bad.

Agreed. I want my women pure, delicate and submissive. I never take female squadmates in combat zones, either. I know it's not canon, but I like to picture Liara and Ashley exchanging cooking tips in the Normandy's kitchen. Such a cute bunch :)

Is the mass effect 2 DLC worth getting? I never played any of it.... how much would it all cost me?

Lair of Shadow Broker DLC is by far the best. The Kasumi DLC is a nice piece of content, as well. You get a new squad mate and her mission is quite unique, at least in the first half. I enjoyed Overlord but it doesn't add as much. Arrival was the piece I liked the least. I say if you are really into the game and the franchise, get 'em all. If you're not looking to buy it all, I'd buy Shadow Broker for sure, I'd recommend Kasumi next, then Overlord, then Arrival.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
That's my female shepard pulling Grunt up with one arm. Grunt. With one arm.

(Just finished my second playthrough of ME2 -- with 100% completion and all the DLC and everyone surviving and all that -- and thought this scene was hilarious)

Femshep also shoots the friggin' Revenant one handed in some cutscenes. She has some crazy arm strength.

Lair of Shadow Broker DLC is by far the best. The Kasumi DLC is a nice piece of content, as well. You get a new squad mate and her mission is quite unique, at least in the first half. I enjoyed Overlord but it doesn't add as much. Arrival was the piece I liked the least. I say if you are really into the game and the franchise, get 'em all. If you're not looking to buy it all, I'd buy Shadow Broker for sure, I'd recommend Kasumi next, then Overlord, then Arrival.
I agree with this but I also want to say that Overlord has a pretty damn good story even if its gameplay isn't as compelling as the other DLCs.

LOL I was halfway joking, but in all seriousness if female shep was the primary character I probably would have skipped the ME games. I agree that women are healers and nurturers but I hate to see them in the place of warriors. I also hate evil male shep just as bad.
What the fuck am I reading.

Carcetti

You certainly elaborated on your view, fair enough. How do you feel about women drivers?

What the fuck is wrong with you?

Woo-Fu

Banned
Poor guy has probably missed the No One Lives Forever games because of that prejudice, you have to feel sorry for him.

Coxswain

When a video game forum jumps down your throat for saying something sexist that's probably a time to go do some serious self-examination, not pull a "but lol that's just me" and moonwalk outta there.

george_us

*speaking from own opinion* The great reason why I have viewed women to be better than men (in general) is because throughout history men have waged wars and destruction and women (in the early days) were assigned the role of healers. There always have been and will be exceptions (Joan of Arc). Also, how things might be different if it were a matriarchal society as opposed to the patriarchal system of today. Lastly, none of us would be here today without women. So it fits perfectly for a woman to be the protector of an entire species.

What is terrible is that Bioware never had the balls to promote female Shepard in the same light as male version before the success of ME1 and fan demands for ME2. It would have fed the same system of male protagonist dominance had it not been for fans. And, Bioware never got an actual person to model fem Shepard on like they did with male.
Sweet jesus...

AlexBasch

Eh, if the disc swapping works as well as ME2 I won't mind. If there's a "Disc 2" section while moving around the galaxy at least I'll know I should get done with Disc 1 planets, or something. I don't recall doing too much swapping in ME2, only at 1/4 of the game and in the final part.

I wonder if he was as angry that a man was the cook in ME2 while women served openly in other roles on the Normandy.
Brief, yes, but I liked that character, and Dr. Chakwas is an awesome female character. She doesn't have a big role in the series (yet, who knows) but they could have added a "omgz sexay nursee!" but they went with a mature, interesting woman. And the getting drunk' scene was great, too.

My only regret from Arrival was that I had but one Batarian colony to sacrifice.
Fuck the batarians.

Mindlog

:|

This is how Krogan anuses get posted.

Changing the subject.
http://blog.bioware.com/2012/03/02/alliancenews5/ said:
Flood of batarian traffic brings rumors of war – Alliance News Network

September 21, 2186
Flood of batarian traffic brings rumors of war
By Shirin Kazemi

UTOPIA SYSTEM – A massive influx of batarian ships is raising tensions in the Exodus Cluster, putting Alliance forces on high alert. According to Alliance officials, the ships came from the batarian-held Harsa relay with minimal warning, some barreling right through. The Alliance reportedly fired on some of the ships with the intent to disable them.

“It’s a miracle any of them are still alive,” one human frigate captain said. According to the batarians, they are neither invaders nor defectors, but refugees. They claim a hostile species has attacked the Hegemony’s fleet, bombarding Khar’shan and other batarian planets.

With the Harsa comm buoy system crippled, communication is sporadic at best between far-flung batarians and their government on Khar’shan. Some refugees claim the attackers were Council. Others blame the geth or even the rachni. All report that the enemy, in whatever form, is blockading the relay, destroying most spacecraft trying to make it through. The refugees are not solely civilians. Hegemony Commander, Eruz Mathat, who is under guard while his cruiser is inspected, was blunt in his assessment of the situation. “I never thought I would say this to the human navy,” he said, “but we need you.”

-Shirin Kazemi contributes to ANN’s Eden Prime telecast “The Apple” and the Constant Times.
My only regret from Arrival was that I had but one Batarian colony to 'sacrifice'.

So it seems that the 360 ME2 has a bug where if your save file gets to 1MB in size, the game freezes and after that you cannot boot the game with your gamertag until you delete the save file (or attempt to fix it like I am right now)

Take that, Skyrim.

My two files are both 2mb, and I haven't had any problems.

Best of luck.

You know what pisses me off? Publishers and developers always pointing their fingers at the PC user base for piracy, when console pirated releases run rampant.

We have to deal with all this DRM crap and the xbox pirated version of ME3 is already all over the net.

What pisses me off even more is this dumb "Tuesday release date" crap. I hope they get rid of that next gen. It sucks when you are loyal paying customer yet non-paying pirates can play the game days or in extreme cases weeks before the dumb release date. If the game is in store..sell the shit!

moop1167

Just loaded up ME2 to check out my save files and such. Welp, didn't realize I overwrote my renegade run through I did with an infiltrator with a newer game that I assume I was going to go through on insanity. He's only on the 4th mission or so.

Anyone know if there is going to be some sort of end of ME2 save database that we can import into the game?

Bumping. Hopefully someone might know the answer to this. It's stressing me out! lol

RyanDG

Bumping. Hopefully someone might know the answer to this. It's stressing me out! lol

This may be a stupid suggestion, but are you pressing the key to change characters instead of just looking at the initial saves? If you pull up load game, it will bring up your most recent character until you switch.

Coxswain

Sexist, not misogynist fyi.

The cases where the two are not synonymous are pretty few and far between.

In particular, when you find yourself saying that women have to be nurturers and not warriors and literally say that a female version of the exact same fictional character is "terrible", you are at least up to your knees in misogyny.

I can kind of see where Batarians are coming from. They were around for hundreds of years then humanity comes up in like a decade and jukes 'em hard.

Erasus

Disc changes are mission to mission. It seems to me like side quests tend to be on disc 2 and main quest on disc 1. So you could change discs mission to mission if you did them in a bad order. Kind of annoying but not game breaking.

What a weird system.... Well, I have a PS3 and a PC, so PC it is.
Too bad for 360 owners

Dresden

engineers 4 lyfe

I was going to play an adept, but they turned out to be rather dull in MP and I don't see that changing much in single player.

Vanguards are my second fave but I like spamming force lightning too much.

Enduin

No bald cap? Lies!
I can kind of see where Batarians are coming from. They were around for hundreds of years then humanity comes up in like a decade and jukes 'em hard.

Hundreds of years, more like over two thousand years. ME series timeline is a bit fucked because while Humanity has been around for less than 30 years on the galactic scene, most other races have been around for at minimum an entire millennia and yet its only when humans arrive do they find the need to actually explore and colonize the galaxy. Human corporations and industry somehow immediately become power players in galactic arms, goods and resources. Even the fact that we are able to match these other races in economic output is a bit crazy, let alone the fact that we can match them technologically, even with the Prothean cache found on Mars.

Megasoum

Banned
Is there a page somewhere where I can find a detailed class breakdown? I played through 2 as a soldier but I'm curious to maybe try another one for ME3...

Durante

Hundreds of years, more like over two thousand years. ME series timeline is a bit fucked because while Humanity has been around for less than 30 years on the galactic scene, most other races have been around for at minimum an entire millennia and yet its only when humans arrive do they find the need to actually explore and colonize the galaxy. Human corporations and industry somehow immediately become power players in galactic arms, goods and resources. Even the fact that we are able to match these other races in economic output is a bit crazy, let alone the fact that we can match them technologically, even with the Prothean cache found on Mars.
It's because humanity is the chosen race.

It's just a small part of what makes the whole ME lore ridiculous.

Dresden

I remember being disappointed in this in the first game. Thought the years they give you were wrong at first.

It's silly because no one would complain if there was even a century-long buffer between ascension and domination.

moop1167

This may be a stupid suggestion, but are you pressing the key to change characters instead of just looking at the initial saves? If you pull up load game, it will bring up your most recent character until you switch.

No, I am not. I don't have a renegade Shepard playthrough saved, because I remember overwriting the one I had because I was just going to do the same guy essentially on insanity, but I guess I dropped playing it.

Enduin

No bald cap? Lies!
I remember being disappointed in this in the first game. Thought the years they give you were wrong at first.

It's silly because no one would complain if there was even a century-long buffer between ascension and domination.

Thats what Ive always said. I could accept things had it been an entire century after first contact and a period of isolation and build up, but barely a generation is a bit much. Granted it really doesnt affect the games at all, just when reading it outright my mind goes "the fuck" at a few things.

Is there a page somewhere where I can find a detailed class breakdown? I played through 2 as a soldier but I'm curious to maybe try another one for ME3...

http://masseffect.wikia.com/wiki/Classes

Top Bottom