• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 3 |OT| Space Jesus Returns (tag all spoilers)

Enduin

No bald cap? Lies!
So is it better to import ME2 character or start fresh?

Who has better 'abilities' and is stronger?

Import for sure, to not will probably be like ME2 without an import where you get stuck with all the shittiest of decisions of ME and miss out entirely on others.

As for which class is better, its all up to preference though Soldier is boring as fuck no matter what anyone says. I love biotics so I can live without them. but really all the classes are great in their own way, again except for Soldier which is boring and completely wastes all the potential the series provides.

SeCOH.gif

This is the best gif ever. That is all.

jgminto

Posting my 2 custom Sheps. Sorry about image quality.

Jessica Separd
5wJQ1l.jpg

From ME1 and 2. Infiltrator. A bit of a hardass. Won't take shit from anyone but she cares about her crew more than anything.

Surviving members: Kaidan, full ME2 crew.

Relationship: Liara

Gunther Shepard
Ujexml.jpg

From ME2 only. Aggressive and super macho, Gunther is the pinnacle of manliness. But he has seen better days. He has lost all of his hair as a side affect of the Lazarus Project.
It's really that I can't get bleach blonde spikes in 3,
Gunther will be bro-ing down with his bros in ME3, Garrus and James Vega. Until Gunther finds out Vega is gay
I'm guessing. I don't actually know
and slowly starts pulling him from missions. Until one night when Gunther sees Vega oiling up his muscles and they passionately embrace. Then things get really awkward for the crew of the Normandy.

Surviving members: Ashley and everyone except Kasumi.

Relationship: Miranda

Heres a few quick FemSheps I made.

I made something very similar in the demo and was rather pleased with it.

Just started playing a little ME1 and discovered that I had put so much more time into 1 than I had thought. I had 3 saves with lvl 40+ characters around the 30 hour mark, I didn't even remember any but my Vanguard.

Gonna beat it with my Sentinel tonight (was really close), and then pop her into ME2 to see what I can accomplish before Monday night :p

Installing both discs on the hard drive won't help, will it?

No, the system needs to check the disk physically in order to proceed. Unless Microsoft provided a way around that, you really have to do the whole 'switch that motherfucking disk' thing.

PS3 and PC don't have diskswaps though. Must be a tough choice: no diskswap and horrid framerate (PS3) or solid framerate and diskswap (Xbox360). It's been a while since PC could claim 'master race' status, but here we are... born to be kings.

Atrus

Gold Member
bigace33 said:
Name me a woman that has ever won a major war actually leading the troops on the battlefield. It goes against nature for a woman to be a warrior. Some can defy the odds, but things of that nature are for men. *end of male chauvinism rant*. Fem sheps are terrible in my book.

There's General Fu Hao.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fu_Hao

A Chinese General, Queen and Priestess who won numerous battles and wars. The fact she is buried with more weapons than most men ever will or the fact that her statute wields a massive battle-axe shows that she meant business.

Then there's the Pirate Lady Ching Shih, a prostitute who would become one of the worlds greatest pirates.

That's just examples of the undefeated. There have been several other warriors and generals, who have won numerous battles but lost wars for various reasons.

Kahina the Sorcerer Queen of the Berbers, Boudica Queen of the Iceni, The Trung Sisters of Vietnam, Queen Yaa Asantewaa of Ghana, the Samurai Priestess Hangaku Gozen.

Grisby

The disc swapping deal kinda sucks if its only a few hours or so (but hey, not too big a deal). I'll be installing though because I'm planning two back to back go through's plus MP time. March is all about the ME baby.

I'll be curious to see if reviews mention it at all (meaning I'll have to read some first).

My only regret from Arrival was that I had but one Batarian colony to 'sacrifice'.
For some reason, if I'm given the choice, I think I'll kind of forget to save the Batarians from the Reapers.

THE SAME WAY THOSE FUCKING WASPS SHOULD NEVER HAVE GOTTEN ON NOAH'S ARK

Prologue

Pre-ordered at best buy today. They mentioned how there could be extra collectors edition there tuesday and just to ask them at the counter.

Giving a heads up.

Pre-ordered at best buy today. They mentioned how there could be extra collectors edition there tuesday and just to ask them at the counter.

Giving a heads up.

Best Buy has had pretty much every collector's edition for at least a month after the game releases in the past (Gears 3, Uncharted 3, Halo reach, ect.). No guarantees but Best Buy is a solid bet.

Samara

I feel sorry for 360 users, but that just means were not bound by those forced missions anymore. And this was one of my biggest complaints in ME2.

This is my ship, bitch: I go wherever I want to when I want to.

I don't know if this is new news, but the ending is 100% out there, so if you want to be certain you won't be spoiled, now might be a good time to bail.

I wish my PC was powerful enough to run it. Well any of the three games actually.

I'd show you guys each of the 56 characters I've made, and the forty something that I have finished both games with.

There's General Fu Hao.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fu_Hao

A Chinese General, Queen and Priestess who won numerous battles and wars. The fact she is buried with more weapons than most men ever will or the fact that her statute wields a massive battle-axe shows that she meant business.

Then there's the Pirate Lady Ching Shih, a prostitute who would become one of the worlds greatest pirates.

That's just examples of the undefeated. There have been several other warriors and generals, who have won numerous battles but lost wars for various reasons.

Kahina the Sorcerer Queen of the Berbers, Boudica Queen of the Iceni, The Trung Sisters of Vietnam, Queen Yaa Asantewaa of Ghana, the Samurai Priestess Hangaku Gozen.
Time for bigace to get educated, starting with this post; which saved me the hassle of posting my examples. Well done.

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
I don't know if this is new news, but the ending is 100% out there, so if you want to be certain you won't be spoiled, now might be a good time to bail.

Looks like people from 4chan have put the spoilers in a Reddit post are and trying to get it on the frontpage, so if people don't want to be spoiled then stay away from Reddit.

metalshade

Cant believe just how many people are complaining about changing disks!
What happened?
Did an entire generation just lose any knowledge of movement beyond their wrists?
My dad is in a wheelchair, but he will quite happily roll on over to his Xbox to change from his Guitarhero Metallica to Rockband The Beatles.(Yeah my mum and dad are cool like that.)
Having said that, my wife waits for me to get up, then asks me for a cup of tea...lol.

Ciastek3214

Looks like people from 4chan have put the spoilers in a Reddit post are and trying to get it on the frontpage, so if people don't want to be spoiled then stay away from Reddit.

Where? PM me if you don't want to spoil people.

Edit: Alright I think I saw it on youtube. Damn, you were right, this ending is so fucking stupid.

rozay

Banned
What happened?
Did an entire generation just lose any knowledge of movement beyond their wrists?
My dad is in a wheelchair, but he will quite happily roll on over to his Xbox to change from his Guitarhero Metallica to Rockband The Beatles.(Yeah my mum and dad are cool like that.)
Having said that, my wife waits for me to get up, then asks me for a cup of tea...lol.
There's a difference between changing disks in the middle of the game and possibly needing to change disks multiple times in a single play session :/

What happened?

It's just inconvenient man.

I still don't get why loading a disc onto the HDD couldn't be verified using the other disc itself.

It just seems excessively paranoid to me. You obviously have both discs. You just uploaded one onto your HDD and verified it with the other.

Stupid shit.

That's my female shepard pulling Grunt up with one arm. Grunt. With one arm.
You've got it all wrong. Shep isn't pulling Grunt up, Grunt's pulling Shep and the platform down to him.

I need this to hurry up and come out so I can participate in conversation again. : (
Can't believe how long this thread is.

I still don't get why loading a disc onto the HDD couldn't be verified using the other disc itself.

It just seems excessively paranoid to me. You obviously have both discs. You just uploaded one onto your HDD and verified it with the other.

Stupid shit.
I'll buy a copy, you buy a copy, we'll switch our discs, and EA will never know the difference! MWAHAHAHAHAHA!

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
We're not discussing the ending here, people. Take that shit somewhere else.

Yeah, as we've already agreed upon, the game isn't available for 98% of us, so there's no reason for any discussion of spoiler content. Maybe it the end is brilliant, maybe it's dumb, but either way I'd rather not know what to expect.

rozay

Banned
It's just inconvenient man.

Stupid shit.
I think a good solution would be that you can install both discs but to play from the hard drive, only the first disc works. I guess it'd be complicated to implement though :/

Dave1988

Yeah, as we've already agreed upon, the game isn't available for 98% of us, so there's no reason for any discussion of spoiler content. Maybe it the end is brilliant, maybe it's dumb, but either way I'd rather not know what to expect.

Somebody should put up a Mass Effect 3 spoiler discussion thread so we can leave you guys in peace.

Alright, thanks.

Edit: Oky, I have like completely no idea about how to navigate on 4chan.

Sent you a PM. Check your inbox.

You people need to settle the fuck down here, nobody is discussing the ending. We simply warned you guys that it's out there.

I'm guessing that was aimed at Ciastek who has already given his opinion on the ending, which I think is already more than should be in this thread. You guys warning people to stay away from 4chan and Reddit is a good thing.

Lingitiz

What happened?

I used to think it wasn't a problem but it was sort of annoying in ME2. I usually install both my discs so having them both installed with limited HDD space was a pain. Coming back to saves after a long break from playing and not remembering where I was was annoying too, its basically a toss up on which to put in.

Not that big of a deal but just a nuisance, especially when there is a decent solution out there, by Microsoft' s own Turn10 nonetheless.

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
I'm guessing that was aimed at Ciastek who has already given his opinion on the ending, which I think is already more than should be in this thread. You guys warning people to stay away from 4chan and Reddit is a good thing.

My bad then, but yeah, you guys get the idea!

This. Love how someone could be as arrogant as to think anyone gives a shit about his opinion of the ending pre-release.

Top Bottom