• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 3 |OT| Space Jesus Returns (tag all spoilers)

I'm guessing that was aimed at Ciastek who has already given his opinion on the ending, which I think is already more than should be in this thread. You guys warning people to stay away from 4chan and Reddit is a good thing.

Hell, I'd get off the internet if I cared enough about it. Never know when an account suicide is going to come along.

This. Love how someone could be as arrogant as to think anyone gives a shit about his opinion of the ending pre-release.

Yeah, and nothing more stupid than an opinion without a real clue of the context.

Also I love how even the title says no-spoilers, and some keep bringing the endings and shit.

Hell, I'd get off the internet if I cared enough about it. Never know when an account suicide is going to come along.

The problem is account suicides are fun to see. So torn...

Actually I couldn't get through that launch trailer as it seemed a little spoilerish so I turned it off halfway through. I should probably bail out. Getting so fucking hyped though. Getting so close.

Enduin

No bald cap? Lies!
So what difficulty is everyone starting ME3?

I am going with hardcore.

At the least. Importing my ME2 save will have me with a lvl 30 Shepard from the get go. Thats a huge advantage, plus combat is so much more dynamic and tactical that its worth it to go insanity. Especially because they dont pull that bullshit they did in ME and ME2 where on insanity all they did was just give every enemy shields, armor and a huge boost in health, completely throwing out the strategy and tactics of combat and turning it into a peek-and-pop combat where you hid from you enemies to occasionally shoot them since you couldnt use most abilities will all those shields and armor.

I'll probably start on normal and gauge the difficulty.

Up or down from there.

Down?

ed_lover(00-cmon-son-med).jpg

X-Frame

Whatever the Medium one is again. Want to get used to all the new combat features, enemies, areas, etc before I bump it back up to Insanity.

BioWare said Insanity in ME2 /= ME3 because of all the new enemies and gameplay.

It honestly depends on the mood I'm in. Or how far in the "zone" I go.

My first insanity run was done on a level 58 Soldier. I smoked that shit in less than 10 hours.

Got her to 60 too. I didn't believe you guys when you said the game is very hard that way, and I'm glad I didn't. That was the easiest run of the game I've ever had. I had two level 10 Medical Exoskeletons, and my soldier at the highest health possible for the class.

I could stand in the middle of rocket fire and barely see any damage taken.

lol, this is the best OT I've seen in a long time. The sexist stuff was great too.

I'm having an extremely frustrating time deciding which version to go with.

PC Version = no controller support = dealbreaker (comfy coucher here and I hate using kb/m)
PS3 Version = probably the worst-performing version
360 Version = disc swapping

Was leaning towards the 360 version. Then I remembered that the game has multiplayer which I won't be able to access since I don't subscribe to Gold. I don't see myself investing a ton of time into the mp, but it's still extremely annoying and frustrating that I won't have access to one of the game's features if I go 360.

All of my greivances would be fixed if the PC version just had damn controller support. FML.

MasterShotgun

brazen editing lynx

Considering that Normal is like ME2's Veteran, that's where I'll start. It felt just right based on the demo, though I do wonder how the game will scale considering I'll be importing a level 30 character.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
lol, this is the best OT I've seen in a long time. The sexist stuff was great too.

PC Version = no controller support = dealbreaker (comfy coucher here and I hate using kb/m)

Was leaning towards the 360 version. Then I remembered that the game has multiplayer which I won't be able to access since I don't subscribe to Gold. I don't see myself investing a ton of time into the mp, but it's still extremely annoying and frustrating that I won't have access to one of the game's features if I go 360.

All of my greivances would be fixed if the PC version just had damn controller support. FML.

Reports on the PS3 version have said that the framerate mostly clears up after the intro, if that helps at all.

Sotha Sil

Hardcore at the very least, because a Vanguard played right will eat through meat and steel like there's no tomorrow on normal. Need some challenge from the get-go.

derFeef

Played ME2 on Veteran and it got a bit easy at the end. I think I will turn it up some because it is the final fight and all. If it turns out to become a chore, I will tune it of course.

Enduin

No bald cap? Lies!
How does this work exactly? If I don't import, do I start from lvl 1? Wouldn't it sort of break the game to start at 30?

Im sure they scale things if you import a level 30 character seeing as 50% of people imported saves from ME to ME2 so its likely to be as high for ME3, but in the event they dont thats why Im going hardcore, if not insanity, from the get go.

Derrick01

Banned

Probably one step above normal. Since I'll be playing with mouse and keyboard my effectiveness with shooting will be lowered so I'll take it a little easier than I would if I was on console.

Soldier was fine in ME1 but it was pathetically boring in ME2
I thought Soldier was actually more interesting in ME2.

But then again I really like where they took Adrenaline Rush.

The Sheps I based off of Quicksilver and Wally West Flash were solider just so they could have Superspeed.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Me shooting dudes and having my teammates biotic shit up is the best of both worlds for my preferred play style.

Pretty much. I use Soldier since it's a good jack of all trades class for most combat situations and use my team mates to spec out for the missions. It works great and allows me to be more strategic in my team approaches. When I've played other classes I always would worry I was going to get into a bad situation for Shepard or wouldn't pay as much attention to my squad. I also really disliked shotguns and SMGs as primary weapons instead of the ARs, although that's gone in 3.

Serious

Going right to Insanity. The second part of the single-player demo was very beatable on Insanity even with the low level character with a bad build and weapon setup as an Engineer, and my Adept crushed it pretty handily despite the restrictions.

Prologue

Van guards shoot around like pinballs though!

Been one since ME1. Might change it up though. Whatever class that can use stealth is pretty cool. Also the sword gameplay looks nice (soldier).

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Then what would the difference be then? Do you get to start off with a bunch of skill points?

Yeah, you can start playing around with the more advanced abilities and customization right away since you don't need the adjustment/tutorial time with your character.

Pretty much. I use Soldier since it's a good jack of all trades class for most combat situations and use my team mates to spec out for the missions. It works great and allows me to be more strategic in my team approaches. When I've played other classes I always would worry I was going to get into a bad situation for Shepard or wouldn't pay as much attention to my squad. I also really disliked shotguns and SMGs as primary weapons instead of the ARs, although that's gone in 3.

Really? What are the drawbacks on Soldier this time around then?

Enduin

No bald cap? Lies!
Soldier is the one class I dont play. Its too boring. Theres little advantage in having every weapon and the other bonuses are too mild. I can shoot just as well with the other classes and still have sweet abilities to unleash upon my foes.

I find it much more rewarding and interesting to play as the mixed classes and working with my squadmates to set up biotic explosion and and tech chains and stuff to just obliterate my enemies.

rhino4evr

I have never played any class besides Soldier.

Then you are really missing out

Once Adapt and other classes were not regulated to hand guns /small weapons only being a solider was kind of pointless. Being able to use biotics and gun people down is a great feeling.

Prologue

Yep.

You start off with however many skill points you'd normally get going to level 30. Like you'd already played 30 levels without upgrading skills.

My guy is level 25(or 26). How long do you think it would take to get to 30 in me2? I still have the other "big" dlc to go (excluding broker).

i-Lo

With regards to disc swapping, I'd say it gives chance for a respite. I don't think you are going to finish the game in a single sitting (esp. if you do all the side quests). It's only a momentary nuisance.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
My guy is level 25(or 26). How long do you think it would take to get to 30 in me2? I still have the other "big" dlc to go (excluding broker).

When I replayed it in January I had to do all of the DLC and side quests to hit 30 before the end. I was 30 midway through the suicide mission. You cut it close but you can do it in a single play through if you have the DLC.

Really? What are the drawbacks on Soldier this time around then?
Not sure exactly what you mean but all of the class restrictions on weapons are gone. The new encumbrance system being linked with power cool down is there to help maintain balance between the classes. So I could actually use an assault rifle with another class if I wanted to. Soldiers can just carry more weapons than other classes. I'll probably stick with just an assault rifle, sniper rifle, and pistol. That should keep my weight down and allow me to be adaptive.

Your level 25 guy will be level 25 in ME3. Level 30 will just let you toy with more awesome right off the bat.

edit: that's my roundabout way of saying I don't know.

Top Bottom