• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 3 |OT| Space Jesus Returns (tag all spoilers)

Sober

Do I have to keep the Amalur Reckoning demo after I finished it to get the bonus weapon/armor or can I flush that turd from my hard drive?
Check http://social.bioware.com/user_entitlements.php

The Reckoner Armour and Chakram Launcher should be there (you have to play the KOAR demo to completion). You don't need it installed since it asks you to login to your EA/Origin Account, so it'll trigger the right flags on your account for having it.

Really wish I would have ordered my CE from amazon, I've always had great experience with release date delivery. Worried my walmart order says it will arrive on or shortly after the 6th

Enduin

No bald cap? Lies!
Check http://social.bioware.com/user_entitlements.php

The Reckoner Armour and Chakram Launcher should be there (you have to play the KOAR demo to completion). You don't need it installed since it asks you to login to your EA/Origin Account, so it'll trigger the right flags on your account for having it.

Whats the actual means to redeem these bonuses? The explanation isnt exactly straight forward, are they supposed to show up in Origin under the game details where the other DLC is now like From Ashes and the N7 Collector's material? If so does anyone see these show up in Origin yet, cause I dont despite theyre being on my BSN registered content page.

DanielJr82

Xbox 360 has a lot of disc swapping, someone said about 4 times in the first 10 hours.
WTF? Seriously? What a pain in the ass! I wish we got a token for a "digital copy" and download this game off the Marketplace or something. Wow, 4 fucking disc swaps in the first 10 hours alone.

DTKT

Hum, so I'm getting really worried about the lack of choices in dialogue. I've just watched 20min of a french player stream and there was no dialogue choices at all. Not one.

~Kinggi~

Banned
Hum, so I'm getting really worried about the lack of choices in dialogue. I've just watched 20min of a french player stream and there was no dialogue choices at all. Not one.

Are you sure he didnt set the game to Action mode? It eliminates rpg dialog choices and automates it.

Action mode. Most laypeople who've already got the game don't seem to quite understand what it entails. Or worse, they know and just prefer it that way.

Edit: Beaten like a fuckin' egg.

Nope, that was RPG mode.

What? No... couldn't be... could it?

*SIGH*

Action mode is so stupid. I understand what they're trying to do but it won't work. Just gonna end up with a lot of uninformed players missing out on the best part of the game.

RyanDG

Yeah, I know. :| We have a lot of conflicting info.

From what I've experienced in a short time... In combat sections, most dialog has fairly limited choices and are often times only at major points during the mission. In exploration sections, the game will throw out a ton of dialog options.

Come on guys, no spoilers pre-release. I get that you can argue it's not a spoiler per say, and more systems based/features, but seriously, let's not start down this road.

Enduin

No bald cap? Lies!
From what I've experienced in a short time... In combat sections, most dialog has fairly limited choices and are often times only at major points during the mission. In exploration sections, the game will throw out a ton of dialog options.

Makes sense. The middle of a combat zone isnt exactly a great place to start a deep convo.

See above.

I'm+ok+with+this.jpg

grkazan12

So I've had no luck in trying to install the Hammerhead DLC for PC to try out my Xbox 360 save in ME 2.

The one final thing I guess I would need to make this save work in Mass Effect 3 is to purchase the Lair Broker DLC for PC because I already played it on the 360 save.

Do you guys think the save will just work with Mass Effect 3 or should I go and buy Lair Broker again for PC?

I'm sorry if this issue is too niche, but I just really want to know if it's worth the trouble or not.

Replicant

Come on guys, no spoilers pre-release. I get that you can argue it's not a spoiler per say, and more systems based/features, but seriously, let's not start down this road.

As you said, it's not really spoiler more like features. I just put the spoiler tag just so someone who wants to go in pure can do so. Should I take off the spoiler tag or just remove it altogether? I don't care either way but people are bound to be curious and it's better they get their info here than being spoiled elsewhere.

As you said, it's not really spoiler more like features. I just put the spoiler tag just so someone who wants to go in pure can do so. Should I take off the spoiler tag or just remove it altogether? I don't care either way but people are bound to be curious and it's better they get their info here than being spoiled elsewhere.

I'd say probably so.

People seem to want this thread clean.

Now for me personally your news is awesome. I've got more than a few male Sheps still looking for their true love in a sea of really tacky women.

Personally, I don't mind. But I think the idea with the thread title was to enforce a strict rule for those who do get annoyed by even something like that. I'd argue they should totally abandon the thread instead, but it depends how safe you want to play it.

Enduin

No bald cap? Lies!
So I've had no luck in trying to install the Hammerhead DLC for PC to try out my Xbox 360 save in ME 2.

The one final thing I guess I would need to make this save work in Mass Effect 3 is to purchase the Lair Broker DLC for PC because I already played it on the 360 save.

Do you guys think the save will just work with Mass Effect 3 or should I go and buy Lair Broker again for PC?

I'm sorry if this issue is too niche, but I just really want to know if it's worth the trouble or not.

Id say wait, if you imported your 360 save, converted it in Gibbed to be a PC save, but dont have the DLC on PC just wait till tuesday to try and importing it in ME3, if it works it works, if not you can go back and try and convert it again and if all else fails buy the DLC for PC and see if you can fix things.

Really though before buying the DLC you should be able to find something to match youre current save a www.masseffect2saves.com.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Really wish I would have ordered my CE from amazon, I've always had great experience with release date delivery. Worried my walmart order says it will arrive on or shortly after the 6th

Amazon doesn't know exactly when CEs will be going out either. My estimated time of delivery is the 8th but they said it could be sooner or later. I preordered a long time ago too.

Action Mode seems like such a colossally stupid idea. Who doesn't like to decide what dialogue they'd like Shepard to say? The people who play Mass Effect only for the combat has to be a pretty small minority.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Action Mode seems like such a colossally stupid idea. Who the hell complained that there was too much dialogue in ME2?

It's not really for people who have played the franchise before. It's for the people who buy 3 thinking it's a pure shooter. Personally I think it's a great idea to have the action and story modes. They can make the core game the game they want it to be and still allow the people who don't like everything about that experience to customize it.

quaere

Can confirm the disc swapping on 360 is terrible. Some sections like the Citadel are doubled so you can play with both, but the missions are one or the other.

Woo-Fu

Banned
There is no reason not to have it. Having the choice is only a good thing.
Except for when Bioware says, "After tabulating the results and realizing that most people played ME3 on action mode we've decided to put all our resources towards action mode in our next game." It is just another cobblestone on Bioware's road away from traditional RPG gameplay and towards action gameplay.

On the relationship topic.

I've got a few male Sheps based on fictional players. I've got a Zach Morris look alike that macked on all of them, but never sexed any of them. I've got one like Gambit just looking for action. In the first game he got with Ashely, but in the second he hooked up with Jack first, then Miranda for the endgame hookup, and then Tali after that. Broke up with two. Plan on doing the same stuff in 3.

If Tali is your endgame hookup, you break up with her and then finish the romance with Miranda Kasumi has very angry words for you.

Moaradin

Except for when Bioware says, "After tabulating the results and realizing that most people played ME3 on action mode we've decided to put all our resources towards action mode in our next game."

There is practically zero effort in adding Action Mode. Also the ME3 trilogy is done after this so they are free to do whatever they want for the next ME games.

Woo-Fu

Banned
There is practically zero effort in adding Action Mode. Also the ME3 trilogy is done after this so they are free to do whatever they want for the next ME games.

What does practically zero effort mean? I could say there is practically zero effort in adding controller support to ME3 PC, yet we have Action mode but we don't have controller support. Hmmm.

It doesn't matter what they're free to do, it matter what they choose to do. If you follow their history it is obvious where those choices are taking them. It isn't just Mass Effect. Look at KotOR, look at Jade Empire, look at Dragon Age 2, if you can't see a trend then look harder. :)

jediyoshi

Except for when Bioware says, "After tabulating the results and realizing that most people played ME3 on action mode we've decided to put all our resources towards action mode in our next game." It is just another cobblestone on Bioware's road away from traditional RPG gameplay and towards action gameplay.
Better just jump ship now, no point in riding this thing down with it.

DTKT

Well, it's not exactly adding. It's removing. You remove dialogue lines, you remove choices. It's just Uncharted in space if you remove that stuff.

Top Bottom