• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 3 |OT| Space Jesus Returns (tag all spoilers)

Moaradin

Only place related to video games I've gone to at all this week is GAF. Definitely going on a blackout once the game is out though. Want to experience it with no outside influences.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Ending footage being labeled as ME3 trailers and such. People talking about it everywhere. I'd unplug your modem lol.

At this point, though, is the ending a spoiler at all? I think we all know vaguely what's going to happen.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Only place related to video games I've gone at all this week is GAF. Definitely going on a blackout once the game is out though. Want to experience it with no outside influences.

Yeah, I've only played the demo, haven't watched the launch trailers or any other media. I did get "spoiled" of the DLC character but it's pretty hard to hear about DLC like that and not see what the content entails.

At this point, though, is the ending a spoiler at all? I think we all know vaguely what's going to happen.

This isn't a spoiler, but I'm putting it in a spoiler tag anyway.

It's my opinion on the endings I've seen.

I've seen two (maybe the only?) endings, and they're terrible. I hate Bioware more than I ever have before.

It absolutely is.

If anyone has any desire to avoid spoilers, I'd say get the fuck off the internet from now until you finish the game. I would not be surprised if there are a few account suicides/videos of spoiler drive bys at midnight launches etc.

Basically, if you don't want to get spoiled you should have bailed already. Otherwise you're running a dangerous gauntlet.

Jesus Christ, the elitism in here sure stinks.

And you were the dude properly and correctly hating on Mac Walters with me. I'm surprised at you, man. Hey, if elitism is wanting people to have the deepest richest experience possible (in a Bioware game, right? I know... I know) then... I suppose I'm a proud elitist. My apologies if higher standards offend anyone out there's everyone-is-entitled-to-their-own-choice sentiments.

I choose you, Empty Cliche! And you too, Shallow Bombast! Together we shall conquer the games market!

Wait...everyone already beat us to it. Damn.

The sarcasm aside, I'm going to enjoy ME3 for every bit of empty-sci-fi-cliche-shootery-bombast I can wring from it. But I'm going to be scoffing and laughing every few lines of dialogue, just like I did in the demo. And I'm never going to pretend even for a minute that it and its audience somehow couldn't and shouldn't be held to a higher standard. But hey, things gots ta follow dat money yo.

It absolutely is.

If anyone has any desire to avoid spoilers, I'd say get the fuck off the internet from now until you finish the game. I would not be surprised if there are a few account suicides/videos of spoiler drive bys at midnight launches etc.

Basically, if you don't want to get spoiled you should have bailed already. Otherwise you're running a dangerous gauntlet

Quoted for truth, get the fuck off of gaming websites. I suggest now.

I just got spoiled and I'm so glad I was.

I will wait for this thing to hit $5. Like holy shit lol.

At this point there is no narrative low that Bioware could hit that would surprise me. But then I am an elitist.

Hell, I'm getting more ironic enjoyment out of this franchise now than actual, genuine enjoyment. Might as well just roll with it!

.... keep digging that hole, buddy.

I'm confused. Will lava spray out of it at me or something?

Papercuts

The ending being all over the place isn't surprising at all. But stop talking about it for the 104th fucking time.

My apologies if higher standards offend anyone out there's everyone-is-entitled-to-their-own-choice sentiments.

If you really, actually do think that your opinion is the right one, and other people simply have the wrong one, and are not just being a gigantic troll.....

Yeah.

(I know it's futile asking this, but why do you think other people choosing an in-game feature is so wrong?)

Moaradin

I wonder how much of it is hyperbole. Ending reactions seem to be love it or hate it deal so far from what I've seen.

Sorry for even discussing the ending. I haven't seen it and I don't plan to until I beat the game. Watching the ending with no basis to go on seems a bit silly though.

Papercuts

I wonder how much of it is hyperbole. Ending reactions seem to be love it or hate it deal so far from what I've seen.

Sorry for even discussing the ending. I haven't seen it and I don't plan to until I beat the game. Watching the ending with no basis to go on seems a bit silly though.

Endings to a trilogy always ruffle feathers. Fun times ahoy!

If you really, actually do think that your opinion is the right one, and other people simply have the wrong one, and are not just being a gigantic troll.....

Yeah.

(I know it's futile asking this, but why do you think other people choosing an in-game feature is so wrong?)

Dude, first of all, you edited. Twice. And second, my opinion is just that everyone should dive as deep as they can and engage with everything available to them. I totally get that not everyone wants that level of experience and I just think that's quite a lamentable reality of the games market. That's it. I don't see what's so controversial about that.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
My apologies if higher standards offend anyone out there's everyone-is-entitled-to-their-own-choice sentiments.

You're welcome to express your opinion. You're not welcome to belittle and condescend people who don't share it.

The video floating around is not even the full ending, just two specific conversations with no proper basis. Meh, to each his own.

exYle

Dude, first of all, you edited. Twice. And second, my opinion is just that everyone should dive as deep as they can and engage with everything available to them. I totally get that not everyone wants that level of experience and I just think that's quite a lamentable reality of the games market. That's it. I don't see what's so controversial about that.

Holy fuck.

Dude, first of all, you edited. Twice.

What does that have to do with what we're talking about? I edited because I had things to add.

And second, my opinion is just that everyone should dive as deep as they can and engage with everything available to them. I totally get that not everyone wants that level of experience and I just think that's quite a lamentable reality of the games market. That's it. I don't see what's so controversial about that.

You said it was sad and implied that it was somehow wrong of them to be willingly doing Action Mode. You can try to hide behind "I just want them to experience it" all you want, but at the end of the day, you're judging people for playing a game the way they want to play it.

I liked the general tone of ME1 a lot, it had problems, but it had such an amazing sense of authorship and vision.

I liked ME2 for different reasons. It lost some of ME1's vibe, but I really enjoyed the character-focus. I could take or leave the combat. The combat was better than ME1, I guess.

The demo was just... poor. Embarrassingly bad intro, especially next to ME2's. No sense of scale, urgency or tension regarding an event that the entire series has essentially been a lead up to. Insulting attempt to make the event feel meaningful with the half-assed child thing. Questionable dialogue. I only made it ten minutes into the second combat level before al+f4ing out.

There was literally nothing about the demo that reminded me of the things I liked about Mass Effect in the first place. It was just a crappy version of a cover-shooter mixed with some mediocre dialogue.

I feel that way about both those games. The change in feel between those two games is unfortunate I didn't feel I was seeing a new world in ME2 like I was in ME1, but that might just be the nature of it being a sequel and me going into the first game cold. Having not seen any media and only picking it up because I wanted to see what the big deal with Bioware was having never played one of their games before. Its the first game that I realized what a western RPG was and actually never played one before it besides Fable 1.

I've noticed the complaint about how the demo lacked any sense of importance or anything. I guess people didn't realize or just don't know that the demo areas are very truncated versions of those actual sequences. A lot more is going on in the actual game. I will admit that some of the dialogue was kind goofy, but people tend to forget that in both the previous games there was some dumb dialogue. ME 1 being the bigger offender of the two IMO.

Papercuts

frustration.jpg

Sai

I just saw a bunch of horror stories about SWtOR CE pre-orders that were placed through Origin a few months back, and now that "Order in Process" status for my 360 ME3 CE ain't instillin' much confidence in me anymore...

Guys, be honest with me... Should I be worried? ._.

Well, more worried than I already am.

Lakitu

st5fu
I vote that whoever even so much as mentions the word 'endings' before the game is released gets a headbutt from a Krogan.

I just saw a bunch of horror stories about SWtOR CE pre-orders that were placed through Origin a few months back, and now that "Order in Process" status for my 360 ME3 CE ain't instillin' much confidence in me anymore...

Guys, be honest with me... Should I be worried? ._.

Well, more worried than I already am.

Did you pre-order from Amazon or Origin? Because I've had Amazon orders say not yet shipped till the thing actually got to my house before.

I vote that whoever even so much as mentions the word 'endings' before the game is released gets a headbutt from a Krogan.

I'm still not entirely clear about what people have an issue with talking about the feel of the ending pretty much every post has been the same thing about it that its controversial. Almost everything about Bioware has been controversial on this forum since forever. Stating that the ending to the game is the same should not be a revelation to anybody.

Papercuts

Did you pre-order from Amazon or Origin? Because I've had Amazon orders say not yet shipped till the thing actually got to my house before.

I'm still not entirely clear about what people have an issue with talking about the feel of the ending pretty much every post has been the same thing about it that its controversial. Almost everything about Bioware has been controversial on this forum since forever. Stating that the ending to the game is the same should not be a revelation to anybody.

I don't see why people even act like anyone right now gives half a shit about their quick personal thoughts on the ending. Even seeing something about how it evokes an emotion, whether sad or happy, paints a picture I don't want to know. It has no place in this thread right now.

I'm about to pre-order the Digital Deluxe edition via Origin but I was wondering if the confusion about whether or not the From Ashes DLC was included with it had been resolved. I saw it mentioned earlier and while it appears there are a number of relevant topics on the Bioware forums but they seem to be down for maintenance.

I'm about to pre-order the Digital Deluxe edition via Origin but I was wondering if the confusion about whether or not the From Ashes DLC was included with it had been resolved. I saw it mentioned earlier and while it appears there are a number of relevant topics on the Bioware forums but they seem to be down for maintenance.

It is included.

Enduin

No bald cap? Lies!

It's included.

Top Bottom