• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 3 |OT| Space Jesus Returns (tag all spoilers)

Its been pretty decent so far, the framerate drops are there, but they're not as common so no real complaints during gameplay.

Still sucks that my Playstation brethren have to put up with this crap.

Then again good-hearted PC players feel the same about all console ME players.

abundant

Still....

rJQS3.png

http://www.gifsforum.com/images/gif/rage/grand/black_man_rage_gif.gif
They never ship Release Date Delivery games out until the day before.

Ploid 3.0

Still sucks that my Playstation brethren have to put up with this crap.

Then again good-hearted PC players feel the same about all console ME players.

To top off the graphical and performance boost we don't even need the disk in the system. Also something I love about ME2 on PC is that they allow borderless window, so you can have it full screen and bring up the browser or whatever other PC thing you are doing in the background instantly while the game is still running behind it. Good for when a long cutscene is going which you can't skip.

Edit: I don't think I ever hear my grahics card. I have ASUS ENGTX460 DirectCU. I was thinking about getting a newer card but I don't seem to need it yet.

Dany

Banned
Its been pretty decent so far, the framerate drops are there, but they're not as common so no real complaints during gameplay.

I wanna as you a subjective question which goes against my better judgement, but I wanna know.

Who's ass are you tapping?

Sober

I bet I am switching back to Soldier after trying out a new class. I always think myself that I am a normal human so I do the best I can, which is shooting, and let my buddies do the crazy stuff.
Also yeah, Adrenalin is great, but everything else Soldier has is just ... boring.
Soldier is fun with Adrenaline Rush, plus having almost all the ammo powers means you are jack of all trades in combat. Conc shot is cool but I think Soldier still has some harsh cooldown penalties if you bring in too many guns at once (plus I don't really see the point in having every weapon with you).

Sentinel is great too because you are built like a tank with tech armour plus you can easily combo powers since you have both biotic and tech powers.

I think everyone likes to bitch and complain about things like having a GCD or stuff like that but they really did step it up with making every class even more unique from ME1 (vanguard especially). ME2 did combat okay but was restricted by having way too narrow levels which made the game too much about peek-a-boo than it should've been.

To top off the graphical and performance boost we don't even need the disk in the system. Also something I love about ME2 on PC is that they allow borderless window, so you can have it full screen and bring up the browser or whatever other PC thing you are doing in the background instantly while the game is still running behind it. Good for when a long cutscene is going which you can't skip.

Edit: I don't think I ever hear my grahics card. I have ASUS ENGTX460 DirectCU. I was thinking about getting a newer card but I don't seem to need it yet.

The GTX 480 that I have is spectacularly loud and energy gobbling. It's still pretty powerful though, and fortunately I play with headphones on most of the time anyway.

Enduin

No bald cap? Lies!
after a half dozen failures, I'll make my Idris Elba Shepard in ME3

Im not too happy with this, but its best I could do quickly. Idris aint easy. They dont have the proper shade of brown and none of the noses are quite right. Same for the facial hair. Ive never enjoyed making ManSheps. Im simply never happy with how they turn out.

Can male shepard bone vega?

I know who the lesbian LI is, but who's the male

The Quartermaster or the Shuttle Pilot, cant remember which one. They mentioned it in one of the Normandy Walkthrough vids.

Zeliard

Why let your teammates have all the fun?

Pfft, they don't if you're playing Vanguard. :p You get all up in the enemy's ass. But it's fun to use teammates in tandem, especially snipers. Pull guys and have a couple snipers like Garrus and Thane erase them as you obliterate the rest with charges, shotties/melee, shockwaves and/or reaves (as a bonus power). Vanguard is a beast.

Embarking on mission impossible, finish ME2 from start by Tuesday morning, 7 am.

I made it about halfway through ME2 before I lost my save and moved on to other games. I want to make ME3 a more memorable experience by having finished ME2 and importing my save into the new game.

What's a ME2 speed run clock in at?

Embarking on mission impossible, finish ME2 from start by Tuesday morning, 7 am.

I made it about halfway through ME2 before I lost my save and moved on to other games. I want to make ME3 a more memorable experience by having finished ME2 and importing my save into the new game.

If you want to do a thorough playthrough that will keep everyone alive, than it will probably take 20-25 hours, but you could probably set it to casual and do a run though that would take 10-15 hours but you wouldn't fare to well in the end mission.

Any where from 10-12, in my opinion.

Enduin

No bald cap? Lies!
Watched one second of it and turned it off. God I want to play this so bad

Did the same exact thing. I really wish some wizard would come up with a way to circumvent that release date check. I hate that Origin just has the full game sitting there, where as with Steam at least I knew the whole thing was encrypted to hell and wasnt just a simple date check or exe download away from working.

SteeloDMZ

Banned
So the embargo for reviews ends this Monday?
I'm curious to see if this will end up being the highest rated game of the gen, considering how good (and well deserved) ME2 did with the critics.

bigace33

Just do what I'm doing, I already have ME3 paid for and preloaded on Origin, but I'm not starting it until I finish ME2 with all the dlc and a really rich experience. (I beat it on 360, but never on PC.) I put 46 hours into ME1 on PC, I'm at about 23 hours in ME2 and I still have to recruit Tali and do a lot of loyalty missions. I don't care though, I have all the dlc that I never played so ME2 feels really fresh to me at this point. ME2 is so good that it wont be hard for me to hold off playing ti until I finish up ME2 properly...with everyone surviving.

Pollux

Just started my own "final" run through ME2 around 3:30 this afternoon and am about halfway through. You can do it if you start now.

Ploid 3.0

I still haven't finished ME2. Planned to finish it this week, no rush though, probably will pick this up on a amazon deal.

Enduin

No bald cap? Lies!
I'd think I would do action mode if I could decide paragon/renegade.

They said it was a mix of the best of both, but that would be a neat option to have in the start to just auto pick the renegade or paragon options every time.

Any consensus out there yet comparing the PS3/360 versions? I'm planning on going 360, unless the PS3 version somehow has some significant advantages.

Any consensus out there yet comparing the PS3/360 versions? I'm planning on going 360, unless the PS3 version somehow has some significant advantages.

PS3 has framerate issues at least in cutscenes, apparently.

Xbox 360 has a lot of disc swapping, someone said about 4 times in the first 10 hours.

Snipes424

ME2 for the PS3 was using the current engine/build I believe for ME3. When I played it on the PS3 I didn't see/feel any issues with framerate/screen tearing.

Thanks for all the replies, folks. Gonna go for glory and finish ME2 before Tuesday.

Now my only concern is grabbing a ME3 collectors edition from Walmart on Tuesday morning.

Enduin

No bald cap? Lies!
Some have said they get better as the game progresses.

Somewhere in the last few pages that person or another with the PS3 said that its just as bad in cutscenes further down once they start to have a larger number of NPCs on the screen and other shit going down like the intro. Gameplay is supposed to be solid, but cutscenes can get pretty bad.

PS3 has framerate issues at least in cutscenes, apparently.

Xbox 360 has a lot of disc swapping, someone said about 4 times in the first 10 hours.

Damn; I've played the other 2 on 360, but it sounds like the disk swapping is significantly worse this time around. I guess I have to go 360, considering my progress, but that's a bummer. I hope my saves are imported without all that cloud bs popping up. : /

bigace33

Amazon may be the most trust worthy site on the net. I got my ME3 $10 store credit today and just put it towards Sonic Generations and ended up paying .19 cents for it. :^)

Top Bottom