• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 3 |OT| Space Jesus Returns (tag all spoilers)

Draft

Is the free ME3 for pre-ordering through Origin deal over? No mention of it on either the regular or CE pages that I can see.

Ephemeris

NOTE: Some ME2 saves will not be able to import the face-file of your Shepherd. You will need to re-create the appearance when importing the file.

I'm boned. I always suspected something could go wrong ME3-wise when my shepard didn't have a character code.

Bah.

Symphonic

Started a ME2 playthrough today, gonna try and get through it before Tuesday.

I figure I can knock out the main campaign in like 15 hours. Rushing through all the dialogue and what not, of course.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
As dumb as it sounds, I think I'm gonna give The Arrival a shot. I'm starting to feel mildly excited about ME3 and it's a way to pass the time. I still have like 1000 Bioware points left....

That is some serious BS! So my Shepard from ME1 will not have his face that he had in the first 2 games? He will have to be recreated in ME3?

AColdDay

Hey, so just for laughs, I fired up MassEffect3.exe. It went to a release date verification which I(of course) immediately failed. Here is the weird thing, the release date was
March 5th
, not the 6th.

Is it possible that preloaded Origin customers are going to get this
at midnight?

Note, I spoiled this so that if this ends up being some sort of bug that lets me
play the game a day early
I don't want to bring enough attention to it for EA to fix it. Anyone getting this?

I am shocked at how many people didnt play the ME2 DLC. I got the PS3 version so to me it was always part of the game, I really cant even imagine what the game would be like without it.

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
I'm boned. I always suspected something could go wrong ME3-wise when my shepard didn't have a character code.

Bah.

What the, I completely missed this, have Bioware given a reason as to why it couldn't be done?

If it wasn't going to import in the future they should have made you remake your face in ME2, not go through two games and then in the third make you do it, and that even a new game + one wont work, ridiculous to be honest at this point and to have kept it quiet too!

And plenty of negative ones as well. Lets all be civil and understand that opinions will vary drastically as with any game. Moreso here due to the love many of us have for this game.

You're the most negative opinion so far of people who have actually played the game instead of read/see specific videos.

Eager to see if your opinion changes with a few more hours of play :D

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
What the, I completely missed this, have Bioware given a reason as to why it couldn't be done?

Simple answer: ME3 uses ME2 face codes to create face data. Unfortunately ME1 didn't have face codes, and it appears when importing into ME2 it took raw data or something. This means a ME1 imported face in ME2 does not have any face code, thus ME3 cannot read the face.

It's lame. That's why I suggest following the above. If you're not a lazy git like Solo you'll have your code in no time.

Lakitu

st5fu
Appreciate your impressions, fellas.

Still upset with the auto-dialogue though. I'll need to judge it for myself though.

AlStrong

I will get my artbook tomorrow, where is the stuff I should stop looking? Is it marked as "Mass Effect 3 chapter" ?

Yup. The chapters are separated by game.

edit:

Stop at page 129 with all the ME2 weapon art. The title pages for the next chapter may be a bit spoilerish if you don't know anything about who shows up in ME3.

Solo

It's lame. That's why I suggest following the above. If you're not a lazy git like Solo you'll have your code in no time.

Hey, I resemble that remark!

But for realz, even after all that work, your character STILL isn't exactly like your ME1 character. Pass. Guess my Shep will just mysteriously look like default Shep all of a sudden in this one.

Well, at least I was able to recreate my Shepard's face in the demo as is. Shouldn't be a bit issue for me.

It's based off the default face with a few tweaks.

That does suck. I imported my female Shepard from ME 1 but I have a face code. According to the article EatChildren posted, that's probably because I went into the customize option before selecting my ME 1 Shepard face.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
That does suck. I imported my female Shepard from ME 1 but I have a face code. According to the article EatChildren posted, that's probably because I went into the customize option before selecting my ME 1 Shepard face.

Have you tried the code, in ME2 or the ME3 demo? Because sometimes it gives you a code, but it's for a random ME2 default face, not your actual face.

Perfo

Thirteen flew over the cuckoo's nest
Sorry If I ask this, maybe everyone already knows, but does ME3 comes with the annoying ONLINE PASS included?

Dresden

If it wasn't going to import in the future they should have made you remake your face in ME2, not go through two games and then in the third make you do it, and that even a new game + one wont work, ridiculous to be honest at this point and to have kept it quiet too!

This is a huge downer for me. I have no idea how I made my ME1 Shep's face (I tried replicating it in ME2 and failed utterly) so fuck.

Enduin

No bald cap? Lies!
Hey, so just for laughs, I fired up MassEffect3.exe. It went to a release date verification which I(of course) immediately failed. Here is the weird thing, the release date was
March 5th
, not the 6th.

Is it possible that preloaded Origin customers are going to get this
at midnight?

Note, I spoiled this so that if this ends up being some sort of bug that lets me
play the game a day early
I don't want to bring enough attention to it for EA to fix it. Anyone getting this?

Yes it looks like Origin, unlike Steam, actually unlocks the game exactly at midnight EST March 6th and 9PM PST March 5th, which is awesome. Ive always hated Steam for the fact that they dont have any kind of automated system and us east coasters have to wait till at least noon the day of release for the people are Steam HQ to get into work on the west coast and flip the switch to let the game unlock. I know they do it for quality assurance things so that if something goes wrong theres people there to fix things, but 99% of the time its just an annoying inconvenience.

Jinjo

Simple answer: ME3 uses ME2 face codes to create face data. Unfortunately ME1 didn't have face codes, and it appears when importing into ME2 it took raw data or something. This means a ME1 imported face in ME2 does not have any face code, thus ME3 cannot read the face.

Good to know. I was debating whether to finish an old ME1 save (halfway through) and run that through ME2 so I could use the character for a second or maybe first playthrough in ME3. Now I know not to bother.

Default Shepard ftw, like it has been from the start.

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies

Still a pain in the ass, they should have offered an import ME1 save or something if it is a ME2 save problem.
Ah well, having a Mac means I have to go steal my gfs computer to get it done, and with 3 characters to sort out, a right pain in the ass, lol.

I wish they hadn't tried to hide it and been more open explaining the problem early on, we could have sorted character codes out or tried to match in the ME3 demo long before release, it would have saved backlash from hiding it just before release.

I just put in my code for my imported ME 1 Shepard into the ME 3 demo and it is basically her but the hair color, brow color were definitely wrong and maybe the nose shape, but there isn't a nose that quite matches her nose from ME 1 and 2.

Derrick01

Banned
Hoooly moly. Interesting for sure, but my god I would not want to play that way.

Well I have my main full completion ME1/ME2 playthrough done and set for 3 already but I wanted to see what would happen in ME3 if almost everyone died so I did a quick second run. ME2 is really short when you don't have to worry about doing any planet scanning at all or any loyalty missions :lol

In fact if I didn't do Shadow Broker I would have shaved at least an hour off of that 5-6 time.

derFeef

Well I have my main full completion ME1/ME2 playthrough done and set for 3 already but I wanted to see what would happen in ME3 if almost everyone died so I did a quick second run. ME2 is really short when you don't have to worry about doing any planet scanning at all or any loyalty missions :lol

In fact if I didn't do Shadow Broker I would have shaved at least an hour off of that 5-6 time.

6 hours? Phew... maybe I should do one for fun and with renegade for ocne (I never did that, hate it).

I am shocked at how many people didnt play the ME2 DLC. I got the PS3 version so to me it was always part of the game, I really cant even imagine what the game would be like without it.

It's not that shocking. A lot of gamers still do not bother with DLC. I've got a buddy at Orkney who loves both Fallout games, played the shit out if them. But he has no desire to buy any of the DLC for either game. I think a lot of "Joe Consumer" gamers have the same mentality.

As dumb as it sounds, I think I'm gonna give The Arrival a shot. I'm starting to feel mildly excited about ME3 and it's a way to pass the time. I still have like 1000 Bioware points left....

I played ME2 pretty late so I'm not sure, but has there been any outcry against Bioware Points being needed to buy ME DLC on PC? This seems like an extremely stupid way to do business and makes buying DLC annoying. Plus you can get stuck with a useless currency if you have some left over. Luckily all I bought was the Shadow Broker DLC for ME2 so I didn't get stuck. I wish they'd just take my money the old fashioned way.

Samara

I just put in my code for my imported ME 1 Shepard into the ME 3 demo and it is basically her but the hair color, brow color were definitely wrong and maybe the nose shape, but there isn't a nose that quite matches her nose from ME 1 and 2.

There were some people who said that the CC was not accurate since there was some letters missing. Might be a bug in the demo

Rubezh

Pre-ordered DD and currently preloading on Origin. I'm feeling pretty excited about it already. The only bad thing is that it's going to be hell waiting until the 9th.

Derrick01

Banned
You're lucky that even Shep survived.

I followed that guideline that was linked to me a day or two ago. You need to have at least 2 people survive to have Shepard survive so I did Garrus' and Thane's loyalty missions. Thane died before we even landed on the base though so I had to get a little lucky at the very end, where the rest of your squad stays behind to hold them back. There's some complex math equation that goes into place there but I just winged it and hoped it would work out.

Top Bottom