• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 3 Spoiler Thread |OT2| Taste the Rainbow

466481_3362538836398_1656903424_2798531_167335448_o.jpg

When I first played ME, I was a bit confused by the tacky, revealing, human armor... It was really... not... military... tactical something.

armor5.jpg

So tacky

NateDrake

Supposedly there are "leaked" details on ME3 end game DLC from an Ex-Bioware employee. Origin is 4chan, so it's likely fake. But thought it may be fun for people to look at. I've spoilered it to be safe.

http://tbreak.com/megamers/55963/ne...leaks-info-on-mass-effect-3s-post-ending-dlc/

Here’s an excerpt from his post about the DLC:
“Javik [bonus character from the 'From Ashes DLC] was originally from Terminator, but they bumped him up because they felt that ME3′s cast was too small. Terminator is about the part crash landing on a Prothean planet on the edge of Sol, and then they have to figure out a way to make contact with the rest of the system and get off the planet.”

He reveals that Shepard is alive, but “badly injured and in a coma”. Some of Shepard’s synthetic parts “could be replaced with new ones”, with some “valid components” found inside EDI, which must be extracted. Shepard then “finally awakens” and he must now end the Sol War. “After that, you get a unique cutscene based on who you did or did not romance in ME3.”

Additionally, the technician also detailed a new title called Mass Shift. The game will be more action-oriented but story-based. It will feature “the same universe, characters and story” with more tactical combat, “but with less cover”.

Here’s an excerpt from his post about Mass Shift:
“Mass Shift is not Mass Effect 4. Mass Shift will involve the same universe, characters, and story, but it will be more action-oriented. Space flight, for example, will be as intricate as ME3′s combat. In Mass Shift, you will actively fly Murmur, a Reaper that is controlled by Catalyst. Storyboards have not been drawn up for exactly how this will work yet, but when we came up with the initial concept, we were comparing flight to “Gradius III and Kingdom Hearts 2″, and the relationship between the Catalyst and Murmur was compared to the oen between the boy and the monster in “The Last Guardian”.

rozay

Banned
Naturally, it would be, sigh. I'm paid-for-dlc free since forever. Might go hit a 'best of Javik' YouTube montage up for more info.
He was supposed to be in the main game but we can blame EA not letting them work on this game for years. Probably best to just youtube his stuff, he has more content than the characters that ship in the game though lol

elfinke

He was supposed to be in the main game but we can blame EA not letting them work on this game for years. Probably best to just youtube his stuff, he has more content than the characters that ship in the game though lol

Yeah I'm seeing that. A few of his one liners to Tali in particular are ace. Ah well, the decision to not have him be a main character is in keeping with some of the other shitty decisions I guess.

Gosh this good. The LoTR analogy is spot on, and One not made by nearly enough people (or perhaps I just missed it elsewhere).

True, but if he's playing straight paragon, his choice comes off as out of character for his Shep. But I know he would have chosen the peace option if he could have.

We agree. And, after all, not only were much of the Quarians just innocent civilians on liveships being dragged around by a military that propped cannons on their hulls, but additionally in this case one Quarian in particular just told Shep she loved him 10 minutes before the big decision...

DarkKyo

You, as a Paragon, cannot side with a war mongering race, but you cured the genophage for the krogan, a war mongering race.

Kind of hypocritical don't you think?

Also, it was stated in ME3 that the quarian civilians don't support the war against the geth and want to make peace and they comprise most of the quarian flotilla. So...

Actually no, I don't think it was hypocritical at all.
Siding with the Geth was the more well-intentioned choice, as was curing the genophage. Both the Geth and the Krogan should be able to determine their own destiny through their free will. The Quarians and the Salarians were interested in stomping out any chance of a future for both the Geth and the Krogan.

Siding with the Geth was the more well-intentioned choice, as was curing the genophage. Both the Geth and the Krogan should be able to determine their own destiny through their free will. The Quarians and the Salarians were interested in stomping out any chance of a future for both the Geth and the Krogan.

True, but Quarians are actually organics, and the value of an organic life> the value of a synthetic "life"

saunderez

That's exactly the stance I took in my game. I couldn't see what right the Salarians or Quarians had to dictate the future of the Krogan and Geth races and thought it was better to roll the dice and give them a chance than to leave them doomed or enslaved for eternity.

True, but Quarians are actually organics, and the value of an organic life> the value of a synthetic "life"

To you maybe. My Shepard is amazed by the Geth and wants to see what they are capable of being they are a non-violent race when not being controlled by the Reapers. In the end the Quarians signed their own death warrant in my game when they refused to cease fire on the Geth fleet. I don't know what they thought would happen after I switched off the Reaper beacon, but continuing to attack the Geth was pure stupidity.

DarkKyo

What! Life is life, man. What makes organic life more valuable than synthetic life? Both have self-directed future interests. Why should one get precedence over the other?

Holy shit, I knew there were plotholes, but watching the Smduboy analysis, it's kind of crazy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iiN8gL40d84&list=UUuUATqFj7zcWVc9zLbpNSjQ&index=1&feature=plcp

Nice watch. But I hate when people call developers "lazy". It's amazing these things even come out, it's an insane undertaking and doing it in a few years is remarkable. Focusing development time elsewhere/allocating resources to a different area is more likely. But being "lazy" not so much... If you haven't worked on a triple A product I don't think you should be allowed to classify laziness in the development world. Just a pet peeve, I know what they are essentially stating though :p

The bad thing about romancing Liara is that you were only with her for 5 or so years. She's like 100 years old and will live to 1000. Her time with Shepard was only a blink of an eye to her.

Now she's just gonna have jungle babies with Joker.
Yea, I can't even remember stuff that happened 5-10 years ago. Could you imagine 300-400 years? "Shepard? uhhh... Who? I've banged a lot of human dudes."

That's why she made that time capsule. It's gonna be full of other guys she mind-bangs eventually.

Oh god, I feel sorry for the guy that bangs her and finds that time capsule with 80 other guys on it. Alien STD's must suck.

So...

My wife and I just finished our playthrough. She chose the control ending. I immediately showed her the "taste the rainbow" ending comparison video afterwards.

She talks about how she "enjoyed the story of the entire series," but she's being quite evasive in her uniquely Japanese way about what she thinks about the ending. Not a useful bit of information yet.

I'm afraid she gonna pull a Florida Evans at dinner tonight.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xKUwcCp7LPE

Haha film it.

This was me when I finished the game...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y_exermAXkU

Supposedly there are "leaked" details on ME3 end game DLC from an Ex-Bioware employee. Origin is 4chan, so it's likely fake. But thought it may be fun for people to look at. I've spoilered it to be safe.

http://tbreak.com/megamers/55963/ne...leaks-info-on-mass-effect-3s-post-ending-dlc/

Here’s an excerpt from his post about the DLC:
“Javik [bonus character from the 'From Ashes DLC] was originally from Terminator, but they bumped him up because they felt that ME3′s cast was too small. Terminator is about the part crash landing on a Prothean planet on the edge of Sol, and then they have to figure out a way to make contact with the rest of the system and get off the planet.”

He reveals that Shepard is alive, but “badly injured and in a coma”. Some of Shepard’s synthetic parts “could be replaced with new ones”, with some “valid components” found inside EDI, which must be extracted. Shepard then “finally awakens” and he must now end the Sol War. “After that, you get a unique cutscene based on who you did or did not romance in ME3.”

Additionally, the technician also detailed a new title called Mass Shift. The game will be more action-oriented but story-based. It will feature “the same universe, characters and story” with more tactical combat, “but with less cover”.

Here’s an excerpt from his post about Mass Shift:
“Mass Shift is not Mass Effect 4. Mass Shift will involve the same universe, characters, and story, but it will be more action-oriented. Space flight, for example, will be as intricate as ME3′s combat. In Mass Shift, you will actively fly Murmur, a Reaper that is controlled by Catalyst. Storyboards have not been drawn up for exactly how this will work yet, but when we came up with the initial concept, we were comparing flight to “Gradius III and Kingdom Hearts 2″, and the relationship between the Catalyst and Murmur was compared to the oen between the boy and the monster in “The Last Guardian”.

Wth?
A Reaper, controlled by Shepard, controlled by the Catalyst...?

Only a subset of the quarians wanted to wipe out the geth. Most of the quarians wanted peace. Why would you condemn an entire species for the actions of a few. That's not paragon.

And which option did you choose? Synethsis?

Only a subset of the quarians wanted to wipe out the geth. Most of the quarians wanted peace. Why would you condemn an entire species for the actions of a few

Well he had to condemn one or the other. The Geth consensus wanted to chill out on their own, the Quarians wouldn't let them.

Though the reasoning against the Geth is... they then went and asked the reapers for help against the quarians.

saunderez

Well he had to condemn one or the other. The Geth consensus wanted to chill out on their own, the Quarians wouldn't let them.

Though the reasoning against the Geth is... they then went and asked the reapers for help against the quarians.

Yep, poor leadership of the Quarians resulted in their entire race being decimated in my game. All because her superiors refused to listen to Tali's cease fire recommendation. It's sad that their entire race got wiped out but it's not like they weren't given a chance. The Geth didn't even want to attack the Quarians they were acting in self defense at that point.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
So the kid at the end wasn't real correct? Just Shepards imagination? It was the same kid he saw the whole game, so I assumes none of that discussion happened. The kid is a symbol of humanity and life, life controls the reapers, etc. maybe I'm way off though.

Javik awesomeness

I missed the bit with James, which is the best yet
"They used to eat flies"

So the kid at the end wasn't real correct? Just Shepards imagination? It was the same kid he saw the whole game, so I assumes none of that discussion happened. The kid is a symbol of humanity and life, life controls the reapers, etc. maybe I'm way off though.
No, that "kid" is the Catalyst

The kid is like K-Pax, he just took on the most energy efficient form.

inky

When I first played ME, I was a bit confused by the tacky, revealing, human armor... It was really... not... military... tactical something.

armor5.jpg

So tacky

I loved it. The Krogan Battlemaster X armor was one of my favorites, together with the salarian henchmen armor; Ash's pink&white heavy armor, etc. ME 1 had style.

Galactic Fork

A little fluff between the ears never did any harm...

(Emphasis mine)
I don't understand you. You say this, but before you were happy with changing everybody into biosynthetics to stop a future hypothetical war where synthetics destroy everything.

Top Bottom