• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 3 Spoiler Thread |OT2| Taste the Rainbow

DarkKyo

But they will want to kill you eventually or least the Catalyst says so.

Good thing the Geth became half-organic, countering any cool calculations that would lead them down the path to war.

You can save them both. I'm not called Space Jesus for no reason!

In my game I didn't have the option due to choices I made in ME2.

Any ending that pulls out a god from no where is lazy and indefensible.

The "god" was always there to begin with. That's the whole point.

Listen to yourself. Seriously.

Lol why are you here if you don't want to talk about ME3?

It was a super hard decision but given the circumstances that lead the Geth and the Quarians to this point and the fact that the Quarians were being massive dicks while all the Geth wanted was peace... I just couldn't let the Geth be destroyed. They are the superior race.

Just curious, but you didn't have enough "trigger" points to keep both Geth and Quarians happy with your ME2 carryover file?

And of course, seeing what happens despite favoritism to a character is part of the fun of ME. Hell, I played a Renegade file with Tali simply dead in ME2 to see what happened, despite her being my actual favorite/LI of the series.

DarkKyo

Just curious, but you didn't have enough "trigger" points to keep both Geth and Quarians happy with your ME2 carryover file?

And of course, seeing what happens despite favoritism to a character is part of the fun of ME. Hell, I played a Renegade file with Tali simply dead in ME2 to see what happened, despite her being my actual favorite/LI of the series.

I also really like Tali.. which is why the choice was so hard. But I felt I had to stay true to the path my Shepard walked.

Too bad they are now filled with organic parts that they didn't need or want. Seriously, what the fuck is a geth going to do with a pancreas?

That's not what the transformation means. It's not like they get random organic organs... their physical make-up changes.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Just beat it, chose the path on the right which seems to be the only path on which Shepard survives. Was hoping the relays didn't get destroyed, but they did.

Not sure all the hate, I liked the ending quite a bit, but really wonder what happens from here. Can the races still contact each other?

They should write it something like this.
They cull the galaxy every 50k years to find a species capable of great mutations to make it into their own. But the reason for it is to improve their coding aka something like genetic algorithms.Sadly haven't gotten genetic code yet as a topic in my CS course. So i won't try to explain or research it yet, too busy with finishing up stupid rush hour solver program.

You could work the dark matter stuff into it as well.
Organic life is a mutation a chance that happens so if a species is adaptable enough that reapers find them fit.
They will make them a reaper and hope that with their genetic code they will find a algorithm that can provide a solution for the dark energy/matter problem

I'm not sure about the whole dark matter thing but I always saw the reaper invasions as their way of reproducing, harvesting genetic material and making one or two reapers out of the species each cycle. Sometimes there's no one suitable though (Protheans) so they do something else with them. Maybe Harbinger was the first Reaper and turned on his creators (the Keepers maybe)?

Would have been such a better and more "believable" ending than what we got, even if Shep sacrificed himself.

Just beat it, chose the path on the right which seems to be the only path on which Shepard survives. Was hoping the relays didn't get destroyed, but they did.

Not sure all the hate, I liked the ending quite a bit, but really wonder what happens from here. Can the races still contact each other?

What did you like about the ending?

If EDI orgasms, does the Normandy explode?

sTeLioSco

Banned

so what did you liked if you dont know what happened to everyone in the.....end??

that's why the press sees the problem as something only the "nerds" create.
some people just consume whatever is shown infront of them.

DarkKyo

Which was?

Paragon. I couldn't see him siding with a war-mongering race against their creation when they have never wanted to fight in the first place. That's the whole point of the AI mission, you get to see the long history of the Quarians shitting all over the Geth for no reason other than "we created true ai, what have we done? there is no way we can call you our equals! kill kill kill!" As much as I like the Quarians, they were dead set on ending the Geth for no good reason.

What does it entail?

I don't know, but it sure as hell doesn't mean the Geth get a random human organ.

: / I dislike the whole lets turn everything into cyborgs thing as much as everybody, but don't you think you are taking it to an extreme. Its magic and thus just does whatever Bioware wants.

DarkKyo

so what did you liked if you dont know what happened to everyone in the.....end??

Some people just need a reason to bitch about everything.

See what I did there?

Paragon. I couldn't see him siding with a war-mongering race against their creation when they have never wanted to fight in the first place. That's the whole point of the AI mission, you get to see the long history of the Quarians shitting all over the Geth for no reason other than "we created true ai, what have we done? there is no way we can call you our equals! kill kill kill!" As much as I like the Quarians, they were dead set on ending the Geth for no good reason.

Did you cure the genophage?

I don't know, but it sure as hell doesn't mean the Geth get a random human organ.
So what you're saying is that there is no evidence that the Geth wouldn't get any organs. If you can say that synth-organics will know not to create synthetics, then I can say that a Geth Prime has a big set of smelly, sweaty balls

sTeLioSco

Banned
557789_3551146939733_1304420353_33355879_1988548667_n.jpg

DarkKyo

Did you cure the genophage?

So what you're saying is that there is no evidence that the Geth wouldn't get any organs
I did cure the genophage.

What I'm saying is there's no need for "organs" for the Geth when they already function with the parts they have inside. It's possible those parts were modified to be more organic, but it's not likely they'd spawn new completely organic parts.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State

I see I have taken the least liked approach by enjoying the ending.

I enjoyed it because it ended. It told me what happened, I killed the reapers, my crew survived, but the relays were destroyed. The only thing I wasn't as keen on was after the credits. I don't need something to tell me that Joker went on to have 3 kids and a nice house by the beach. Them surviving worked for me. I guess maybe since I've always known this wasn't the end of the franchise a few open questions don't bother me.

You don't see what you just did there?

What I'm saying is there's no need for "organs" for the Geth when they already function with the parts they have inside. It's possible those parts were modified to be more organic, but it's not likely they'd spawn new completely organic parts.

No, they'll have new organs

How do you modify something to be organic without organs? At the very least they should get something like a central nervous system or a heart or something. And a cock.

sTeLioSco

Banned
Some people just need a reason to bitch about everything.

See what I did there?

yes,a moronic argument.

noone bitches for everything.only the ending.

so if it didn't suck noone would bother.
noone will bother if its nothing major.

when was the last time you saw cnn covering the controversy for the ending of a game?

I see I have taken the least liked approach by enjoying the ending.
You can like it, but be prepared to defend it.

I enjoyed it because it ended.
That's weird.

It told me what happened

I killed the reapers, my crew survived, but the relays were destroyed
Ha to the bolded. And we have been shown what happens when a relay explodes. Entire systems are destroyed.

I'm assuming you chose the destroy option, yes? So you committed genocide against the geth and EDI.

You have nothing to say about the Catalyst or his circular logic and contradictory themes?

: / I dislike the whole lets turn everything into cyborgs thing as much as everybody, but don't you think you are taking it to an extreme. Its magic and thus just does whatever Bioware wants.

That's the worst part of the whole ending, for me. They took their time to come up with scientific explanations for just about every piece of technology and biotics. The entire series is named after one of physical phenomenons they came up with to explain how much of their technology works. I really appreciate that attention to detail, even if most of it just came down to element zero. That's a big reason why I really got sucked into the universe. I feel like the ending throws that all away with space magic and Citadel Space Ghosts.

Zen

Banned
As soon as they said it will be "clarification" instead of a change, I prepared myself for massive disappointment. It means they don't really understand the problem.

It might also mean that they invent some implausible bullshit to cover the circular holes in the finale plot, which will just ring false if it's not actually done well.

Painraze

Unconfirmed Member
Could you imagine playing through Mass Effect 1 knowing what you know now?

Fucking star child... lol

i hope liara and joker can repopulate earth 2... lol

what a waste of a series

I wonder how taxing it is for the mind to stay in denial in the face of insurmountable evidence.

Very taxing. It will build up and then they will leave in anger while saying something like we are too ignorant or something along those lines

Could you imagine playing through Mass Effect 1 knowing what you know now?

Fucking star child... lol

what a waste of a series
The Catalyst lives in the Citadel and controls the Reapers, but cannot activate the Citadel as a relay for some reason

Was it breath of fire that had an ending that was different based on your choices in the game? I seem to remember one of the SNES games that blew my mind. Maybe it was Secret of Mana...somebody here will know.

No, it wasn't, it was only in the last few minutes of the game.

He was watching you every time you went to the Citadel. He was probably kicking himself when the protheans prevented the keepers from activating the Citadel. He probably wished he would have given himself some kind of manual override. Everything would have gone so much smoother and Shepard wouldn't have got in the way.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
You can like it, but be prepared to defend it.

That's weird.

Ha to the bolded. And we have been shown what happens when a relay explodes. Entire systems are destroyed.

I'm assuming you chose the destroy option, yes? So you committed genocide against the geth and EDI.

You have nothing to say about the Catalyst or his circular logic and contradictory themes?

To be fair, I need time to comprehend the whole thing, I only just beat it. Is there a good summary of every ending with notes on what the crucible mentioned anywhere?

My initial reaction after the game ended was "solid." I can see some of the holes mentioned, and wish there was more mentioned on what happened to the rest of the galaxy, but my initial reaction was not anger, which I was prepared for it to be. Maybe seeing all the hate desensitized me to it because I was prepared to be disappointed, but I didn't hate it with as much vile hatred as other do.

Was it breath of fire that had an ending that was different based on your choices in the game? I seem to remember one of the SNES games that blew my mind. Maybe it was Secret of Mana...somebody here will know.

Breath of Fire II has three endings, but I don't remember what it was you needed to do to see all three. You might be thinking of Chrono Trigger that game has several ending based on your choices.

God Javik is awesome.

Dresden

To be fair, I need time to comprehend the whole thing, I only just beat it. Is there a good summary of every ending with notes on what the crucible mentioned anywhere?

My initial reaction after the game ended was "solid." I can see some of the holes mentioned, and wish there was more mentioned on what happened to the rest of the galaxy, but my initial reaction was not anger, which I was prepared for it to be. Maybe seeing all the hate desensitized me to it because I was prepared to be disappointed, but I didn't hate it with as much vile hatred as other do.

read this

You haven't seen the other endings yet? Whichever ending you chose, just imagine it as a different color. Seriously.

A lot of people think it's alright at first. But then they think about it and it all comes crashing down. We have a few examples of people liking at first and then not liking it. The user Heavy comes to mind

- J - D -

The bad thing about romancing Liara is that you were only with her for 5 or so years. She's like 100 years old and will live to 1000. Her time with Shepard was only a blink of an eye to her.

Now she's just gonna have jungle babies with Joker.

I love troll Javik.

Javik trolling Liara and taking her, and the asari to school on Tessia was priceless.

Also, his lines about evolutions and species (Salarians used to eat flies, asari finaly mastered writting, throwing talking machine through airlock...) are so damn fun

Top Bottom